Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Civic vs. Corolla: Parts and Accessories

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Civic vs. Corolla: Parts and Accessories

    Sorry if the post is not well placed. My ratio is low so I am not allowed to start a thread on the buying/selling forum. My query is also rather technical so I thought to post on this forum.

    I am planning to buy a new car. I have been looking at both Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla (95 to 2k models). I have found many excellent Civic 95 (my preferred model) around 500k but friends are suggesting I go for the Corolla. They say that Honda, while cheaper, comes with huge repair costs. Corolla is rather expensive but parts are cheaper and is easier to maintain. Given that the cars are already way past their "jawani", repairs are not unexpected. Which one should I buy? My buget is 700k max.


  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    towaseem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    39
    Posts
    330
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Your friends are right. Corolla is easy to maintain and resale is also better than Civic,

    I used both models Civic and Corolla, Corolla was really easy to maintain in every aspects. Whereas Civic gave me hard time though it was new at that time. Civic has all accessories but Corolla is recomended.

    Rest is your own choice, as you are the one who would drive and pay costs.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    waseef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    1,969
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Go for corolla, durable, good resale, cheaper parts.

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rohaansaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,703
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Trust me, whatever your friends are suggesting is just their opinion.

    If you're getting a 95 Civic, go for it, there's a whole lot of reasons to prefer a Civic over a Corolla.

    Parts are not expensive, if you go for quality oem replacement parts, which will be mostly your air cleaner element, oil filter and the sorts then both cars will have round about the same maintenance costs. It's not like a Civic is powered by a rotary engine that it requires some extra attention or investment, both car's engines have a very similar layout and it's pretty simple as well.

    Secondly, if somehow God forbid your Civic sets you back bigtime, you can buy a whole kabli engine from the scrapyard and drive away like nothing ever happened, same goes for corolla but when you have the EG Civic, you have a whole lot of engines to choose from.

    If you maintain your car properly, there's no reason at all it will give you a hard time, service everything accordingly and at the right time and you'll be more than satisfied.

    Lastly, you get the comfort of the Civic, the double wishbone suspension setup is found up front and rear, providing you excellent road grip and stability while maintaining comfort, and the pleasure of driving an EG Civic is a major overkill to all the reasons you might have to buy a corolla

    However, in the end it's totally your choice, go for what your heart suggests
    City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by towaseem View Post
    Your friends are right. Corolla is easy to maintain and resale is also better than Civic,

    I used both models Civic and Corolla, Corolla was really easy to maintain in every aspects. Whereas Civic gave me hard time though it was new at that time. Civic has all accessories but Corolla is recomended.

    Rest is your own choice, as you are the one who would drive and pay costs.
    Thanks. Any idea about the fuel consumption difference between the two?

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rohaansaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,703
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minpaj View Post
    Thanks. Any idea about the fuel consumption difference between the two?
    Depends which variants you are taking into consideration, there's not much difference.
    City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Civic = comfort
    Corolla = durable

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rohaansaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,703
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    Civic = comfort
    Corolla = durable
    Aren't Civics durable?
    City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    Civic = comfort
    Corolla = durable
    That's what is confusing me. Also Corolla is at least 200 k costlier than Civic in the model range I am looking for.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rohaansaeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,703
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minpaj View Post
    That's what is confusing me. Also Corolla is at least 200 k costlier than Civic in the model range I am looking for.
    Just go for the Civic, you won't regret it, most of the technical people who aren't concerned about resale and instead think technically prefer an EG Civic over a AE101 Corolla.
    City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    rizkhan2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,858
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i didnt say that Corolla is un-comfortable or Civic is not durable....what i meant was that if u compare the two then Corolla is a step ahead in durability....and Civic is a step ahead in being a smooth and comfortable ride....!!!

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rizkhan2010 View Post
    i didnt say that Corolla is un-comfortable or Civic is not durable....what i meant was that if u compare the two then Corolla is a step ahead in durability....and Civic is a step ahead in being a smooth and comfortable ride....!!!
    Yes, I am getting much better response on Corolla but it is too costly. What is your opinion about 2.0D of 1997-2000? It is under my range but what about repair costs and consumption? Any ideas?

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jehanzebnasir View Post
    I think there are a few questions you should ask yourself for the comparison of Toyota and Honda.

    1. Your daily use, the roads you follow, as you are living in Islamabad, roads are in better condition.
    2. Whether you will go for genuine oem parts or search for local available cheap low quality parts.
    3. Concious about resale, whether you would like to change it on an urgent basis.

    My opinion regarding the above questions is as follows:
    1. If roads are in good condition go for Honda, but if you need to drive on damaged roads with lot of pot holes that can hurt your suspension, then corolla.
    2. Believe me OEM parts of both the makes are the same. Why people go for corolla because they prefer to buy local poor quality cheap parts.
    3. A corolla having good market value will sell quickly as compared to honda.

    As per my experience, I have owned City 2002 EXIS Manual and sold it at 162000 kms.

    As it was my first used car, so I got a bad deal. The car was 54000 kms on the odometer, but when I got it for 80000km inspection by Honda, by the condition of the timing belt it was figured out that its already more than 80000 kms.

    Second shock was its suspension was ruined, so I have to go for new suspension it cost me around 75000 Rs. in 2008 including four OEM shocks, ball joints, clutch and pressure plate etc.

    Result is that I got it for 630000 in 2007 spent almost 100,000 on it enjoyed it for 112000 kms and sold it for 762000 rs in march 2011.

    I have put only OEM parts and it was amazing, I put front disc pads and rear brake shoe for Rs. 6300 in 2007 and used them for 112000 kms and they were only half consumed.

    One thing is that Civic 95 or city 2000-2002 have got low ground clearance you have to be concious while crossing the speed breakers. The other side is it have got perfect road grip and excellent braking. Even at the speed of 120km/h on GT road if you have to apply emergency brake, believe me you will control and wont hit anyone inshallah. And what to talk about economy 200+ on highway with 55L cylinder.

    Now using Civic EXi Prosmatec 2002 as daily runner and Civic 2003 EXi manual as the second car.
    Thanks for your detailed reply.

    I will be using it as a family car driven by a couple of people with varying driving skills. Roads in Islamabad are good but they have added so many speed breakers in recent years that ground clearance has become a problem. These are huge speed breakers in most cases where an average driver like me can damage Honda suspension. Potholes have also started appearing as maintenance is not as exemplary as it once was.

    I can't afford the oem parts for Honda as they are way costly.

    What about Baleno? I've not heard good opinion on it. What do you think is the best car for me? I do not like Cultus or Margalla though.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    onlyfaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    5,934
    Follows
    3
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    colla parts are easily availible every where
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    What about Nissan Sunny? It does not have a high resale value I am afraid? But what about repairs? Is it a good family car if one wants to use it for a couple of years?

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    jehanzebnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    525
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I think there are a few questions you should ask yourself for the comparison of Toyota and Honda.

    1. Your daily use, the roads you follow, as you are living in Islamabad, roads are in better condition.
    2. Whether you will go for genuine oem parts or search for local available cheap low quality parts.
    3. Concious about resale, whether you would like to change it on an urgent basis.

    My opinion regarding the above questions is as follows:
    1. If roads are in good condition go for Honda, but if you need to drive on damaged roads with lot of pot holes that can hurt your suspension, then corolla.
    2. Believe me OEM parts of both the makes are the same. Why people go for corolla because they prefer to buy local poor quality cheap parts.
    3. A corolla having good market value will sell quickly as compared to honda.

    As per my experience, I have owned City 2002 EXIS Manual and sold it at 162000 kms.

    As it was my first used car, so I got a bad deal. The car was 54000 kms on the odometer, but when I got it for 80000km inspection by Honda, by the condition of the timing belt it was figured out that its already more than 80000 kms.

    Second shock was its suspension was ruined, so I have to go for new suspension it cost me around 75000 Rs. in 2008 including four OEM shocks, ball joints, clutch and pressure plate etc.

    Result is that I got it for 630000 in 2007 spent almost 100,000 on it enjoyed it for 112000 kms and sold it for 762000 rs in march 2011.

    I have put only OEM parts and it was amazing, I put front disc pads and rear brake shoe for Rs. 6300 in 2007 and used them for 112000 kms and they were only half consumed.

    One thing is that Civic 95 or city 2000-2002 have got low ground clearance you have to be concious while crossing the speed breakers. The other side is it have got perfect road grip and excellent braking. Even at the speed of 120km/h on GT road if you have to apply emergency brake, believe me you will control and wont hit anyone inshallah. And what to talk about economy 200+ on highway with 55L cylinder.

    Now using Civic EXi Prosmatec 2002 as daily runner and Civic 2003 EXi manual as the second car.

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    jehanzebnasir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    525
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I think there are a few questions you should ask yourself for the comparison of Toyota and Honda.

    1. Your daily use, the roads you follow, as you are living in Islamabad, roads are in better condition.
    2. Whether you will go for genuine oem parts or search for local available cheap low quality parts.
    3. Concious about resale, whether you would like to change it on an urgent basis.

    My opinion regarding the above questions is as follows:
    1. If roads are in good condition go for Honda, but if you need to drive on damaged roads with lot of pot holes that can hurt your suspension, then corolla.
    2. Believe me OEM parts of both the makes are the same. Why people go for corolla because they prefer to buy local poor quality cheap parts.
    3. A corolla having good market value will sell quickly as compared to honda.

    As per my experience, I have owned City 2002 EXIS Manual and sold it at 162000 kms.

    As it was my first used car, so I got a bad deal. The car was 54000 kms on the odometer, but when I got it for 80000km inspection by Honda, by the condition of the timing belt it was figured out that its already more than 80000 kms.

    Second shock was its suspension was ruined, so I have to go for new suspension it cost me around 75000 Rs. in 2008 including four OEM shocks, ball joints, clutch and pressure plate etc.

    Result is that I got it for 630000 in 2007 spent almost 100,000 on it enjoyed it for 112000 kms and sold it for 762000 rs in march 2011.

    I have put only OEM parts and it was amazing, I put front disc pads and rear brake shoe for Rs. 6300 in 2007 and used them for 112000 kms and they were only half consumed.

    One thing is that Civic 95 or city 2000-2002 have got low ground clearance you have to be concious while crossing the speed breakers. The other side is it have got perfect road grip and excellent braking. Even at the speed of 120km/h on GT road if you have to apply emergency brake, believe me you will control and wont hit anyone inshallah. And what to talk about economy 200+ on highway with 55L cylinder.

    Now using Civic EXi Prosmatec 2002 as daily runner and Civic 2003 EXi manual as the second car.

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    awajid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    361
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    5 years back I came across exactly same scenario…..TOYOTA , HONDA, NISSAN ,SUZUKI, MITSUBISHI…?

    My father is an armed personal, he was of same opinion when we brought our car , that HONDA is too Weak vehicle for regular use as its suspension is very WEAK, and thats the reason FORCES and other GOV agencies are not acquiring HONDA. Ground clearance was another important issue making it unfavorable.

    Because HONDA's image in majorities mind was like that of a Chinese Brand , WEAK Suspension , Light quality material , faulty design resulting in low ground clearance , " ya GARI YAHAN KAMYAB NAHIN HA" , “SASTI GARI HA KUCH TO HO GA”…ETC

    On the other side when ever you ask any mechanic they would prefer TOYOTA state away, as they come across them every now and than making them used to that ....
    when you ask them the merits specifically they will say its parts are readily available , very durable , GARI SIRF TOYOTA HI HOTI HA ………etc

    Mechanic (specially of rural areas) could easily detect problems and communicate with spare suppliers easily, because its widely used car all over Pakistan from mountains of GILGIT to Deserts of THAR……
    Easily salable with no loss.


    If we look at its DEMERITS ,
    • Corolla is Totally failed in Value for money Test , as you can buy atleast two Civics for one corolla in a decent condition …..
    • When you go for spares its , spare parts are Surly above that of CIVIC….. Why?
    Due to its Demand….. corollas are in much larger numbers than that of civics……
    Mehran is most popular and cheapest car in Pakistan …. But its engine is almost DOUBLE the price of CIVIC
    “………..Neither SUZUKI is using DEPLATED URANIUM for making PISTON, RING, SLEVES etc that causes them high costs..,

    Nor HONDA is making above said part with WORUGHT Iron…..…”

    ……. Again the same reason IT’s the demand that cause the price to hike……

    You can easily get sealed engine for CIVIC with in 30,000 RS along with a handful of other concerning parts from any scrap market……
    But Corolla’s engine will not be less than 70,000 along with other parts……

    • Prices of suspension and other parts will also be a little above or may be equal to Civic….

    • Toyota corolla is ONLY CAR USED IN TRIBAL AREAS , thats the reason making it one of the most vulnerable car for THEFT…….

    PAKISTAN is a country in which people to people information is much more influential than that provided through the media .
    TOYOTA being a market leader , has already established its brand IMAGE specially in rural areas.
    HONDA came a little later, people and mechanics were not familiar with there vehicles , resulting dent on its brand image...

    Mechanics who were not familiar say’s its a cheaper copy of corolla, BUYING A HONDA it like setting your money on fire, etc.

    MY personel experience.
    We brought HONDA civic 95 in 2007, before going on my first ever road trip we drove it for about 7-8 months , therefore we were a little aware of the car behavior but still.....my dads recommendations was(due to its IMAGE) , “not to speed it above 80 because its not COROLLA which could afford a long and continues Drive, the engine would be failed in few hours.....”

    It’s the fifth Year of this car, we did three trips from KARACHI to NARAN and a couple of other , in 2011 we drove it continuously for about 25 hours on the way UP AND BACK from RAWALPINDI to Karachi NON STOP, on bumpy roads on the way to NARAN ( as spacers could increase its ground clearance ),in boiling hot plains of SINDH , with out any problem…………. ALHAMDULILAH

    Yes the cars suspension is COMFARTABLE, providing amazing road grip even at 150+, but not at all WEAK , it looses its comfort IF used ROUGHLY ON JEEP TRACKS , I.E. does not means that tires will be ejected if crossed any speed breaker or bumps ….


    In My opinion you should buy a car that could fulfill your needs, and Economical on your pocket too…..

    MECHINARIES are depreciating thing , always pay reasonable amount for them……

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    I have personally owned, driven, repaired, serviced a 3rd gen Honda Accord for eons, That car is legendary for taking punishment and still charging ahead of the pack. Honda in their heyday built some really tough cars - and the older civics/integras with the signature honda double wishbone suspension are one of those.

    Now the problem comes in servicing it, its got a myriad of rubber bushings on which all the suspension rides on. If you spray oil under your car kiss them good bye and plan on a giant expense very soon. if you did replace them and forgot to preload the suspension before tightening all bolts kiss your money spent and bushes good bye.

    This is similar for a toyota but it does not use such a staggering amount of bushings etc, but in all similarity if you dont pay attention to service techniques you are already dead in the water no matter if you own a toyota, honda or even MB.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    minpaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by awajid View Post
    5 years back I came across exactly same scenario…..TOYOTA , HONDA, NISSAN ,SUZUKI, MITSUBISHI…?

    My father is an armed personal, he was of same opinion when we brought our car , that HONDA is too Weak vehicle for regular use as its suspension is very WEAK, and thats the reason FORCES and other GOV agencies are not acquiring HONDA. Ground clearance was another important issue making it unfavorable.

    Because HONDA's image in majorities mind was like that of a Chinese Brand , WEAK Suspension , Light quality material , faulty design resulting in low ground clearance , " ya GARI YAHAN KAMYAB NAHIN HA" , “SASTI GARI HA KUCH TO HO GA”…ETC

    On the other side when ever you ask any mechanic they would prefer TOYOTA state away, as they come across them every now and than making them used to that ....
    when you ask them the merits specifically they will say its parts are readily available , very durable , GARI SIRF TOYOTA HI HOTI HA ………etc

    Mechanic (specially of rural areas) could easily detect problems and communicate with spare suppliers easily, because its widely used car all over Pakistan from mountains of GILGIT to Deserts of THAR……
    Easily salable with no loss.


    If we look at its DEMERITS ,
    • Corolla is Totally failed in Value for money Test , as you can buy atleast two Civics for one corolla in a decent condition …..
    • When you go for spares its , spare parts are Surly above that of CIVIC….. Why?
    Due to its Demand….. corollas are in much larger numbers than that of civics……
    Mehran is most popular and cheapest car in Pakistan …. But its engine is almost DOUBLE the price of CIVIC
    “………..Neither SUZUKI is using DEPLATED URANIUM for making PISTON, RING, SLEVES etc that causes them high costs..,

    Nor HONDA is making above said part with WORUGHT Iron…..…”

    ……. Again the same reason IT’s the demand that cause the price to hike……

    You can easily get sealed engine for CIVIC with in 30,000 RS along with a handful of other concerning parts from any scrap market……
    But Corolla’s engine will not be less than 70,000 along with other parts……

    • Prices of suspension and other parts will also be a little above or may be equal to Civic….

    • Toyota corolla is ONLY CAR USED IN TRIBAL AREAS , thats the reason making it one of the most vulnerable car for THEFT…….

    PAKISTAN is a country in which people to people information is much more influential than that provided through the media .
    TOYOTA being a market leader , has already established its brand IMAGE specially in rural areas.
    HONDA came a little later, people and mechanics were not familiar with there vehicles , resulting dent on its brand image...

    Mechanics who were not familiar say’s its a cheaper copy of corolla, BUYING A HONDA it like setting your money on fire, etc.

    MY personel experience.
    We brought HONDA civic 95 in 2007, before going on my first ever road trip we drove it for about 7-8 months , therefore we were a little aware of the car behavior but still.....my dads recommendations was(due to its IMAGE) , “not to speed it above 80 because its not COROLLA which could afford a long and continues Drive, the engine would be failed in few hours.....”

    It’s the fifth Year of this car, we did three trips from KARACHI to NARAN and a couple of other , in 2011 we drove it continuously for about 25 hours on the way UP AND BACK from RAWALPINDI to Karachi NON STOP, on bumpy roads on the way to NARAN ( as spacers could increase its ground clearance ),in boiling hot plains of SINDH , with out any problem…………. ALHAMDULILAH

    Yes the cars suspension is COMFARTABLE, providing amazing road grip even at 150+, but not at all WEAK , it looses its comfort IF used ROUGHLY ON JEEP TRACKS , I.E. does not means that tires will be ejected if crossed any speed breaker or bumps ….


    In My opinion you should buy a car that could fulfill your needs, and Economical on your pocket too…..

    MECHINARIES are depreciating thing , always pay reasonable amount for them……
    Thanks for your insight. I really appreciate it.

    It is a harsh reality that the hype around Corolla has boosted its resale value. What do you think about Sunny? Toyota is out of my budget and I am considering Civic, Baleno and Sunny these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •