90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 10th gen Corolla owners please pay attn

On a hot day when the car is left being parked for long time under direct sunlight ,anyone else also get a snap plastic crack kinda sound on the drivers side where the pillar meets the dash?does anyone else have a little crackling noise coming from the dash. It crackles as i'm accelerating or just cruising.... Almost like the same noise you get from a blown speaker. after a minute or two, it stops or when the AC is switched on the sound goes off.

I visited 3S dealer and the foreman asked if I apply any dashboard spray or wax and my reply was positive so he told me not to use it as this is cause of this sound because it makes the dash moist and thus it produces that sound on being heated up.

I didn't find the reply of foreman convincing as those sprays are meant to protect the dash from cracks etc but he was telling a different story that if I continued using the spray my dashboard will develop cracks along with the sound.

So owners of 10th gen corolla and PW experts please step in to solve this riddle please

Regards

PS I use STP son of a gun interior spray and sometimes cosmic dash spray

My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This the problem with PKDM cars, even mine gives some sort of kir kir sound from the left side door. My previous one used to give the same sound from its dash board. My colleague's Altis gives ajeeb of ghareeb sound of til til.

We have to learn to live with these kir kir, til til, dhos dhos, dhug dhug sounds.
    Long live Pakistan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

same problem here
    Ministry of MAFIA!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai thats why some people go for jdm cars. They are safe , much more comfortable and build quality is much much better

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    This the problem with PKDM cars, even mine gives some sort of kir kir sound from the left side door. My previous one used to give the same sound from its dash board. My colleague's Altis gives ajeeb of ghareeb sound of til til.

We have to learn to live with these kir kir, til til, dhos dhos, dhug dhug sounds.
    Long live Pakistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by sial_ali View Post
    bhai thats why some people go for jdm cars. They are safe , much more comfortable and build quality is much much better
    Gentlemen this is not about PDM and JDM but this is something about weather effects on plastic. If you search international car forums by putting the keywords of this problem in google you will find many others having same complaints in US and other countries.

The thing is what is the solution?
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Experts please step in

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that sound comes from the left side front seat's belt button just press tht once the sound will stop...i have also experienced tht once

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No such sound in my current 2011 Altis SR

But it was there in my 2008 model SR ...it was a diesel variant so tht vibration from 2c engine cud be the reason i dnt noe
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Long live Pakistan.
    I have a Honda Civic, Once had this problem. Came to realize its sensor within dash that generates sound (such as electric spark). Took the car to dealer. He listened and said, you Got bad quality fuel (last fuel in pump). Put some Hi-Octane. I followed, and the problem solved. I don't know if that could be a case with Corolla. Corolla is a pretty reliable car. Avoid using polish for a few days and check. If it still comes, at least you would be telling dealer that you do NOT use any polish.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Long live Pakistan.

I too have the exact same problem in the exact same llocation.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmm....
    Didnt notice any such sound with the hot car, however if you drive a bit fast on bump roads then its inner plastic panels does produce some sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    he told me not to use it as this is cause of this sound because it makes the dash moist and thus it produces that sound on being heated up.
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you need to stick some felt on the inner side of the pieces where they are causing noise, its a common thing, you think your PDM plastic is bad, wait till you see GM (chevy, GMC, caddilac) plastic, YUCK, its the stuff cheap wheelcaps are made from.

anyway the foreman is right on the sprays degrading the plastics, You need to use a UV protectant spray once every 3 months at max on panels that are in the torture zone, for others just make a solution of dove soap and scrub the panels clean with a towel. I use a light solution of simple green and protect the stuff with 303.

anyway, buy some felt (makhmal, velvet strips) and use your head how to fix the problems, Sometimes you might need the fabric type carpet underlay pad. Dont go blaming toyota etc for this, You have a corolla, its a low priced sedan so dont expect it to have vault like quality.

btw STP son of a gun is not a good protectant for dash panels
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you need to stick some felt on the inner side of the pieces where they are causing noise, its a common thing, you think your PDM plastic is bad, wait till you see GM (chevy, GMC, caddilac) plastic, YUCK, its the stuff cheap wheelcaps are made from.

anyway the foreman is right on the sprays degrading the plastics, You need to use a UV protectant spray once every 3 months at max on panels that are in the torture zone, for others just make a solution of dove soap and scrub the panels clean with a towel. I use a light solution of simple green and protect the stuff with 303.

anyway, buy some felt (makhmal, velvet strips) and use your head how to fix the problems, Sometimes you might need the fabric type carpet underlay pad. Dont go blaming toyota etc for this, You have a corolla, its a low priced sedan so dont expect it to have vault like quality.

btw STP son of a gun is not a good protectant for dash panels
    copy that sir

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the same happens to my corolla as well some sound comes from near the ac compartment...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List