Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Corolla GLi 09 AC problem

Hi guys ..

Was out shopping today at COSMO, Jinnah Park. Begum was inside and I was sitting the kids in the car. AC was on and I was just driving around in the compound to keep the cabin chilled.

Then, all of a sudden, a strange slight noise started coming from the engine and when I revved up, it would increase. I checked it up and found that it was the AC (sound vanished with AC turned off)
    The car was feeling a bit more heavy on the accelerator but cooling was perfect.

So, took it to Toyota GT.

Diagnosis:

Complete AC system fouled up. Carbon in cooling lines.

Remedy:

Change everything. Estimate, 60-70k (plus the cardiologist's fee ... :s)

Then I took the car to a local Ustaad (ex Toyota AC technician) ..

Diagnosis:

There can't be carbon in the cooling lines coz if there's even a tiny bit, the AC will not work due to some blocked nozzle or sumfin.

There's a little noise coming from the compressor which is the same as the one that comes in Vitz

Remedy:

Enjoy the ride for now. Meanwhile, look for a Kabuli compressor and swap as these compressors can't be repaired. Rest is all fine.

So, really confused ... Help required from my fellow pakwheelers ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rehanalvi View Post
    I think you should keep your thoughts to yourself if all you have to offer is sarcasm ...

Otherwise, most welcome
    Hahaha you took it all wrong brother.......Xulfiqar is one cool guy i'd always love to listen to.
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

..... Yea we got off wid a bad start .. Boyz will be Boyz ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rehanalvi View Post
    ..... Yea we got off wid a bad start .. Boyz will be Boyz ...
    gratitude sir.....
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Your compressor clutch is probably slipping, check air gap and also check the condition of its pressure plate, if its marked with grooves, install a new one with correct gap and properly burnish it (requires A/C cycling about 30 times in 20 minutes at 2000 rpm)
    Thank you Xulfiqar I will get it check by a professional and let you know. Any estimated cost regarding this work/replacement please? Another thing I have noticed when car is and I switch ON the AC the belt start giving sound and it disappear within 4-5 seconds. I have installed a new belt last year.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have visited 2 professionals.

• First one said sir yeh compressor disposable hotay hein compressor clutch ki awaz nahe hai compressor k ander se awaz arahe hai condenser and compressor dono he change houn *** aur hum new nahe daltay becoz us ki 1 sec ki bhe guarantee nahe they all are Chinese you can buy it on you behalf hum isi ka genuine compressor dalein *** used mein and condenser new original compressor ki one season ki guarantee hou ge total cost including every thing 22k

• Second one same suggestion condenser and compressor but he explained every thing so clearly that I was impressed. He said yeh sab condenser ki waja se hua hai app loog oil change karwatay hou aur filter sath he change kabhi Ac k filter ko change karwanay ka soocha hai (which is i think known as dyer). He said it should be serviced/changed after 30k-50k km. He said jo hona tha wo hou chuka hua hai if is still chilling isay use karo 8k-10k km tak chal jaye ga approx aur band hona hua to aj kal mein bhe ho jaye ga. He has recommend new denso compressor new (made in Japan) toyota condenser full cost 36k with labor and what so ever... He said Ac ki service 40k-50k k baad karwaa leni chahiya takay evaporator leakage se bacha ja sakay also install cabin filter jis ka hum logon ko pata he nahe hota toyota 08 tak models mein bhi cabin filter ki jaga hai yeh jahil dealers ka kaam hai k batein. Eveporator leakge islia hoti hai k eveporator par dust pari hoti hai wo eveporator ko khati rehti hai sardioun mein hum use nahe kartay us k baad jab season ata hai aur AC chalaye jatay hein sakhat garmi mein gari khari karnay k baad to jab wo freezing point tak pohcnta hai to break/crack ho jata hai. He said the first professional will arrange the compressor from bilal ganj which will cost around 12k aur wo compressors bhe chal chal k asay he hou gaya hou ga becoz in abroad they replace the compressor ever if is working after 80k-90k wo sab yahan ajatay hein if you want your car to chill like brand new go for new original parts.

Any suggestion where to buy original Denso Japanese (Made in Japan) compressor? Also cost please.

Actually I'm new here islia is thread mein apni baat shuru kar do sorry for that "rehanalvi"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Spidy143 View Post

Actually I'm new here islia is thread mein apni baat shuru kar do sorry for that "rehanalvi"
    No issues sir ..

P.S.

My AC is working perfectly now .. Alhamdolillah .. It was a dent on my pocket but I decided to go for genuine parts .. 12000 ka Kabuli compressor milta hai .. par why to put it in your car and sweat every time you turn on your AC ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am owning a Corolla 2009 Gli too and experiencing the same issue of rough idle when car warms up.Rpm comes from 1000 to 400,200 and even engine shutsoff while in gear at a chowk.and its too annoying.Just removed the Cat 2days ago and the problem still persists Zulfiqar bhai i need your help.Please guide me what should i check now. too much worried and my car just clocked 50,000till now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahah...its nothing serious guys chill.when i bought my ride on the way back banged the AC to full cooling it nothing serious its just a company default if u mess with it will get worse my ride is now 50k driven and I use AC all the time thank's to my fathers AC habbit when the is turned on the fan starts up and compressor units start's to make the noise it vanished after a while...but i have never faced any shutoff issue yes the RPM goes below 1000 but comes right back up......and don't remove the CAT.....just get the car tuned from CAPITAL motors.....
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    hahahah...its nothing serious guys chill.when i bought my ride on the way back banged the AC to full cooling it nothing serious its just a company default if u mess with it will get worse my ride is now 50k driven and I use AC all the time thank's to my fathers AC habbit when the is turned on the fan starts up and compressor units start's to make the noise it vanished after a while...but i have never faced any shutoff issue yes the RPM goes below 1000 but comes right back up......and don't remove the CAT.....just get the car tuned from CAPITAL motors.....
    Fawad bro how much Toyota Capital will charge me to do tuning of my car.And one thing more tomorrow i am going to change the PCV valve of my car too as recommended by my friend who is a Auto Diagnostic Professional in UK.Lets see what happens.

In your case you said that your rpm goes below 1000 but comes back to normal but in my case on

Cold start Rpm=1000-1200
    Normal Temp with gauge in Mid Rpm=800-600
    Full warmup gauge a little bit above normal temp Rpm=400-200 with stalling and rough idle and shut off while driving.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    Fawad bro how much Toyota Capital will charge me to do tuning of my car.And one thing more tomorrow i am going to change the PCV valve of my car too as recommended by my friend who is a Auto Diagnostic Professional in UK.Lets see what happens.

In your case you said that your rpm goes below 1000 but comes back to normal but in my case on

Cold start Rpm=1000-1200
    Normal Temp with gauge in Mid Rpm=800-600
    Full warmup gauge a little bit above normal temp Rpm=400-200 with stalling and rough idle and shut off while driving.
    well bro 2morrow have a booking at 10.30am will toyota capital for my ride as i need to change oil and oil filter plus the 50k check up...and on cold start its from 1000-1200.then mid warm back to 800-1000 and full warm up with idle rpm is 1000-1200 even when i turn on the AC it goes to 800 then back to 1000+ also same happen when i turn on the lights...........but have never faced shutoff and have never been through the situation...if u can txt me the details u want to know by 10 AM I will help in any matter as i will be at Toyota Capital......will pm u my number...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

on full warm at half temp the rpm never goes below 1000........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Two days before i fixed the problem of my toyota corolla gli idle problem of stalling and low pickup by just cleaning the throttle body of my car using Kangaroo Carb&Throttle body cleaner.And now i am very much happy after doing that DIY.As i also consulted a mechanic he asked me 1800Rs for throttle body cleaning.And the carb cleaner i just bought it for 250Rs.Soon i will do it again so i will post the pics of cleaning then as i was not having my Camera with me while doing DIY.

And i removed the Catalytic Converter of my car recently.Car noise is a little bit increased but acceleration is marvelous.And the sound is also a bit sporty.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a question from experienced New model Corolla owners..
    The AC problem present in 2009 corolla, as mentioned,
    was this problem corrected in 2010/2011/2012?? or the problem still is there???
    Thanks..
    top documentaries " Tears of Gaza"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Two days before i fixed the problem of my toyota corolla gli idle problem of stalling and low pickup by just cleaning the throttle body of my car using Kangaroo Carb&Throttle body cleaner.And now i am very much happy after doing that DIY.As i also consulted a mechanic he asked me 1800Rs for throttle body cleaning.And the carb cleaner i just bought it for 250Rs.Soon i will do it again so i will post the pics of cleaning then as i was not having my Camera with me while doing DIY.

And i removed the Catalytic Converter of my car recently.Car noise is a little bit increased but acceleration is marvelous.And the sound is also a bit sporty.

never clear the TB with spray in cars which have catalytic converter they clogged them and put negative impact on car performance, secondly the best way to clean TB is manual cleaning not through these junky sprays. but its cool as long as you are feeling positive difference in the performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please note that the rough idle, rpm drop when at normal operating temp is reached and A/C RPM too low are all because of one problem and that is the "ISC" (idle speed controller) of your car, these problems normally happen when ISC is either dirty or the electric motor more commonly know as solenoid is weak. Also note that when the car is cold the rpm is controlled by the automatic choke and when the car is warmed up the choke shuts off and ISC takes over. Solution to this problem can be as simple as cleaning of the TB by a professional by taking it out of the car dismantling and cleaning it with carb cleaner or as complicated as replacement of the ISC solenoid, MAP and or MAS and O2 censors. It depends on each case.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar
    @rehanalvi

well today It came in my knowledge that in Toyota corolla 2008 -09 and some of -10 ( with old lights) have some very serious issues with their compressors. May be some fault in design or little glitch which kill them prematurely in short time span. Its very much with our Pakistani models.

@rehanalvi
    my corolla 07 model compressor died today. It costed me 20000 Rs, to fix it. Got second hand compressor denso with 2 months warranty, put new condenser, fully washed the whole system. Got Honeywell R134 gas in it. working like before.
    New Denso Compressor was 27000 it was out of my budget so I got second hand True kabli. Its just like new car pulled with all stickers intact. I believed its low mileage from its condition n stickers.

Thanks
    OmarAlvi

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    hmm - so mechanic says that the new compressors work all time regardless of A/C requirement, - lets see here - Toyota have become complete paagalon ki aulad - that they threw out the compressor clutch idea. They should hire your A/C mechanic so they can actually save a lot of money.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by OmRON View Post
    @Xulfiqar
    @rehanalvi

well today It came in my knowledge that in Toyota corolla 2008 -09 and some of -10 ( with old lights) have some very serious issues with their compressors. May be some fault in design or little glitch which kill them prematurely in short time span. Its very much with our Pakistani models.

@rehanalvi
    my corolla 07 model compressor died today. It costed me 20000 Rs, to fix it. Got second hand compressor denso with 2 months warranty, put new condenser, fully washed the whole system. Got Honeywell R134 gas in it. working like before.
    New Denso Compressor was 27000 it was out of my budget so I got second hand True kabli. Its just like new car pulled with all stickers intact. I believed its low mileage from its condition n stickers.

Thanks
    OmarAlvi
    are you sure about the compressor manufacturing fault??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@saboor73

yes their premature failures are very high, and its a similar problem like Honda cr-v ac. Its a definitely either poor lot of OEM Denso Ac.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List