0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Corolla D-4D technology in India

I am surprised that Toyota has introduced D-4D technology in corolla. On the other side in Pakistan it's same old version 2c :
    The other thing i heard is that diesel is not that much pure for D-4d engines on the other hand the Toyota Vigo has the same engine then what are the issues !

Attention Required

Link for More details Toyota - Corolla Altis Diesel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the issues are user error and market preference - we have a serious lack of workshops that can tackle repair issues of common rail diesels. Our general people always scoot to the ustaad jee who has not updated his toolkit or education for newer engines.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the link you posted if of Toyota India , Just look at their line up
    Pakistan is light years behind
    and 2.OD is discontinued

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the issues are user error and market preference - we have a serious lack of workshops that can tackle repair issues of common rail diesels. Our general people always scoot to the ustaad jee who has not updated his toolkit or education for newer engines.
    I saw your many posts on Toyota Diesel forums. I want you to guide me regarding my 2.0d. Its around 300000 KM done 2004 model. It was with my unce from its sart and very well kept now its with us a year ago. The queries are its check-up is due set-aside we change its oil and oil filter after every 2500 km and air filter after 5000 km. Problem is the engine is not giving its best. The clutch is little bit hard, i have to change the gears in low rpms because the engine starts to take load and when i switch on A/c the vehicle gets heavier. And it also emits black smoke while changing gears and giving torques. Please give your suggestions as i will go toa mechanic here in KHI named " Akbar Autos " for it's check in coming days .
    Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post

I would disagree with you on this account, I take great pride in my cars and their maintenance, however that being said the Vigo imported from Thailand has many issues and that's due to the sulphur content in the fuel available here. People have avoided the issues by adding two fuel filters and constantly changing their filters after every 2000 km. in my opinion the engine is not suitable to pakistani conditions.it's a 4x4 meant to be used in rough areas and for long distances where drivers don't have much choice about quality of fuel

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    I would disagree with you on this account, I take great pride in my cars and their maintenance, however that being said the Vigo imported from Thailand has many issues and that's due to the sulphur content in the fuel available here. People have avoided the issues by adding two fuel filters and constantly changing their filters after every 2000 km. in my opinion the engine is not suitable to pakistani conditions.it's a 4x4 meant to be used in rough areas and for long distances where drivers don't have much choice about quality of fuel
    One case cannot offset the balance, I also maintain my cars at their best, petrol or diesel, the big point is why do only toyota direct injection engines suffer and why are we blaming the fuel when the formulation is now standard, filters being replaced at 2000 kms without actually cutting into them for inspection is very bad practice unless you are pumping fungus instead of fuel.Ask any user of such vehicles, if given a choice of a repair bill of PKR 100,000/- with no surety of working or spend Rs 200,000/- with full documented surety of working - they will opt for cheaper and completely overlook the serviceability factor. Then we have the usual blame of fuel bad oil bad etc. next we will come to know that Pakistani air is bad for diesels too.The large part is using a vehicle not specced for Pakistani climate and conditions.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed_Niazi View Post
    I saw your many posts on Toyota Diesel forums. I want you to guide me regarding my 2.0d. Its around 300000 KM done 2004 model. It was with my unce from its sart and very well kept now its with us a year ago. The queries are its check-up is due set-aside we change its oil and oil filter after every 2500 km and air filter after 5000 km. Problem is the engine is not giving its best. The clutch is little bit hard, i have to change the gears in low rpms because the engine starts to take load and when i switch on A/c the vehicle gets heavier. And it also emits black smoke while changing gears and giving torques. Please give your suggestions as i will go toa mechanic here in KHI named " Akbar Autos " for it's check in coming days .Regards
    oil change at 2500 kms?? why not just use Rs 100/- notes to light your ciggies. It would be the same. I have never ever changed the oil before the 5000 km mark on my diesels and I never had any problems. Dont tell me you are going by oil colour. My car used a paper panel air filter which lasted 12 months in Karachi dust. is your engine breathing through a pile of sand that you need to change air filters every 5000 kms? The original toyota diesel filter element is washable.anyway - the engine needs an inspection of valve clearances every 80,000 kms or when replacing the timing belt. The clearances are set by replacing the shims and not by lathe wala grinding your valves, its far more work and requires a new headgasket and bolts too. Once the valve clearances are set, then the valve seals should also be swapped out (easy job) with head on engine. Final adjustment of timing is done with dial gauge.Your diesel injection system should be working good, including cold start advance system. if its not then your injection timing would be bad, if your nozzles are not breaking at similar pressures then it also upsets engine timing, smoothness and noise too. It will also drink loads of fuel. Get into a systematic and correct maintenance schedule (which is not 2500 km oil change - your oil seller must LOVE YOU though) the schedule means getting the engine to correct tune using correct procedure.Do not try to judge the engine by "back pressar" the back blow test is done above idle speed after verifying all breathers are good and clean. Then a compression test to ensure the cylinders and valves are in good health. bad valve clearance also reduce compression.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List