Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default T-Belt & Periodic Maintenance for Corolla 2.0D 2006: Help Sought

Gents and enthusiasts,

Since relocating to Pakistan I have invested in a used 2006 Toyota Corolla 2.0D Saloon.

The meter read 80k kms when bought and the car was very well looked after.
    To cut the long story short, I have kept the car is a very desirable condition and now the clock reads just over 110,000kms.

So far the car has shown no sign of ageing and runs perfect. The car has had brakes and tyres replaced. No other work has been carried out.

Whenever I visit Toyota Islamabad (located on Service Rd. i-9) I am suggested to replace t-belt and "nozzles".

Personally I do not feel the car is asking for any of the suggested treatment.

I would like to know your views (2.0D keepers and enthusiasts) about the situation.

Shall I risk getting the t-belt and/or "nozzles" replaced?

Further information:
    The car is driven within the twin cities with odd trips to Lahore and Murree once in a quarter. Stock size tyres.
    Genuine Toyota Engine Oil Filter (3500kms) + Air Filter (when blows black smoke) replacements are used.
    Caltex Delo Gold Engine Lubricant usage.
    Average annual usage is 20,000kms.
    REV is kept under 3000.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The reason to replace the water pump and thermostat at this time is that you need to dismount the timing belt to remove it from your engine, So replacing the water pump when doing the timing belt just involves removing about 6 small bolts and nothing else.

I do beleive Toyota dealership should have retimed the injection pump with the dial gauge tool. If they did not use the dial gauge technique then the only difference you had compared to ustaad shop is that you sat in an airconditioned waiting room. The bill of Rs 18K is a little high for just 3 parts and labor. If they did pay attention then you would also have the little mileage sticker on the T belt cover now.

The correct parts list also includes two oil seals - one for the crankshaft snout and one for the camshaft. They are already heat aged at this point of time, just like the waterpump and thermostat valve are aged at this time too. Anyways - your car your money your choice.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imran2d View Post
    Dear Xulfiqar,
    Though I am sure, here toyota 2.0D is under discussion, but I have a question related to my Rexton RX320 (Gasoline) that I feel little fluctuation while hot idle, it sometimes varies from 10 to 20 RPM I guess by looking at RPM indicator, pls., guide me wheather it is time to think about my injectors to look at or some other problem can cause it, it is just my feeling as I observe engine sound while keeping the hood open,the engine is inline 6 cylinder,I checked other rexton very smooth and constant stroke at hot idle. Pls., explain.
    Check it on a live scanner, the rpm gauge is to entertain you at best.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    The reason to replace the water pump and thermostat at this time is that you need to dismount the timing belt to remove it from your engine, So replacing the water pump when doing the timing belt just involves removing about 6 small bolts and nothing else.

I do beleive Toyota dealership should have retimed the injection pump with the dial gauge tool. If they did not use the dial gauge technique then the only difference you had compared to ustaad shop is that you sat in an airconditioned waiting room. The bill of Rs 18K is a little high for just 3 parts and labor. If they did pay attention then you would also have the little mileage sticker on the T belt cover now.

The correct parts list also includes two oil seals - one for the crankshaft snout and one for the camshaft. They are already heat aged at this point of time, just like the waterpump and thermostat valve are aged at this time too. Anyways - your car your money your choice.
    So far, the car drives as good as it was when it went it... and yes they did put a small sticker on the t-belt cover.
    Thanks for your help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    Check it on a live scanner, the rpm gauge is to entertain you at best.
    Thanks! I will check during next 5000 km service.
    we should be proud of safe driving.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List