1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suggestions for add ons and security for NEW COROLLA GLI 2012

Inshallah i would be booking/buying NEW COROLLA 1.3 GLI in September this year after selling my 2004 Xli which i also bought zero meter and it has already served me 140,000kms+ with no problems at all.I have been running that car for last 4-5years on CNF, but now i would be driving the new gli on petrol

I am starting this thread to get advise/suggestions on the following
    *TAKAFUL (i would not prefer insurance)
    *TRACKER
    *OTHER SECURITY SYSTEMS
    *TYRES & ALLOYS
    *CD PLAYER (i am not a big music fan, just want to put that lcd thing as it looks cool and enhances the interior looks)
    *INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
    *ROYAL SHIELD
    *ANY OTHER WHICH MEMBERS MAY SUGGEST

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    insurance is good for new cars but as they get old,insurance isnt really good then as they charge depreciation n give you really less as compared to market value
    em waiting for transfer of reg to get mine insured as well as all locks n security systems are just useless though here theives prefer the cars with least of such stuff to get away quickly
    the depreciation is for the purpose of making claims. In the event of total loss, the market value or sum insured (which ever is lower) is paid.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimm76 View Post
    Inshallah i would be booking/buying NEW COROLLA 1.3 GLI in September this year after selling my 2004 Xli which i also bought zero meter and it has already served me 140,000kms+ with no problems at all.I have been running that car for last 4-5years on CNF, but now i would be driving the new gli on petrol

I am starting this thread to get advise/suggestions on the following
    *TRACKER
    *OTHER SECURITY SYSTEMS
    *TYRES & ALLOYS
    *CD PLAYER (i am not a big music fan, just want to put that lcd thing as it looks cool and enhances the interior looks)
    *INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
    *ROYAL SHIELD
    Firstly since you r going to get a zero meter you don't need to waste couple of thousands on royal shield. Just spend 5k on quality micro fiber clothes and water magnet towels to wash car. Either clean it yourself or thru servants but the pleasure you get detailing and maintaining yourself is worth it. Also get synthetic wax and gold class and protect the body.

Insurance is must these days. Corolla is hot fav. Insurance gives peace of mind. Although there is a depreciation factor but still u get mental satisfaction. Security systems can be dismantled in minutes.

Get side skirts, in dash DVD player, OEM altis alloys n wooden panelling.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go for it by every means, u'll love every piece of it. I suggest u keep it bone stock, interior n exterior. No need to rice it up with body kits or cheap lcds/HIDs. Just get a decent set of alloys in 16".

Sparing the money by NOT ricing it up, go for some performance goodies instead. Which will actually make u feel every minute u drive it.

Regarding royal shield, on silver, I say not to go for it either. Buy some decent MFs and waxes and keep it protected. U'll love looking at the refltive doors in ur side view mirror while driving cz it'll be ur own hands effort.

As for the theft part, I say its Bull Sh*t. Keep ur car in front of ur eyes all the time, don't leave it unattented in lonely areas, use genius ways to guard it and it'll stay with u till death. Trust a very limited amount of people when it comes to ur cars. I have kept 4 corollas in the same way, two are the hottest cakes, GLis and alhamdolillah, No one has ever been successful in putting a mere scratch on their paint. Alhamdolillah, Praise be to Allah Almighty.

Get it insured for peace of mind and tracker, hahaha, remember we had several long discussions on its cons? Yes cons cz there are NO pros of a shitt.y tracker in Pakistan. When u install one in ur car, there will be a LOT of people who'll know exactly where u've taken the car and whats ur daily driving schedule.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone who wish to install tracker, then he should borrow his girlfriend's car and give her back after installing tracker in it. Yes, the package must be track urself online and listen voices in car. Lolz

Sent from Jail using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the latest shape corolla is a hot target for thieves and it is pretty much clear that IMC itself is involved in the thefts
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    the depreciation is for the purpose of making claims. In the event of total loss, the market value or sum insured (which ever is lower) is paid.
    well our car was insured via the bank since it was leased,but we got lesser amount in insurance claim as compared to market value

insurance for sure is a peace of mind but when you have to claim one then you get to know how ease of mind it is,they make your life hell asking for so many documents esp when you cant get out of office n you have to get all documents during your office hours,+ its quite a long procedure,takes alot of time,its only easy to get insurance but not easy to claim one

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A thread full of rice-full suggestions.
    People praising the Advanti Wheels in this thread, just a heads up, those wheels are pure garbage when it comes to quality.

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post

Sparing the money by NOT ricing it up, go for some performance goodies instead. Which will actually make u feel every minute u drive it.

Performance 'goodies' on a Corolla 1.3? That would be totally pointless and to be honest there's literally close to no aftermarket support for the 2NZ-FE and the engine doesn't have much potential either. Besides, investing in anything related to performance will be pointless without upgrading the ECU and I doubt anyone would do that on a 2NZ-Fe.
    City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

TAKAFUL is must these days, but still if a car gets stolen and not recovered then also you lose about 2lakh... still COROLLA IS COROLLA .. there are many benefits and this disbenefit too.. Baqee jub tuk aap kee kismat hai, koi nahee steal kar saktaa aur jaab aap kee kismat mai nahee hai tu phir no lock can save it

Lets come back to the topic.. Need ur suggestions on the relevant topic please :-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well our car was insured via the bank since it was leased,but we got lesser amount in insurance claim as compared to market value

insurance for sure is a peace of mind but when you have to claim one then you get to know how ease of mind it is,they make your life hell asking for so many documents esp when you cant get out of office n you have to get all documents during your office hours,+ its quite a long procedure,takes alot of time,its only easy to get insurance but not easy to claim one
    For a leased car, the calculation criteria for loss is different, as you agree and sign on some year wise loss values. You get the amount in the proportion to what you have actually paid. You must have paid a 20% down payment, plus some installments (which include the principle plus markup). But just principle is considered. Considering the installments you have paid, just work out the principle payments, you must have got that amount in case of total loss of car.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rohaansaeed View Post

Performance 'goodies' on a Corolla 1.3? That would be totally pointless and to be honest there's literally close to no aftermarket support for the 2NZ-FE and the engine doesn't have much potential either. Besides, investing in anything related to performance will be pointless without upgrading the ECU and I doubt anyone would do that on a 2NZ-Fe.
    yaar come on, look at the suggestions over here. The OP is going for a 2nzfe in the first place and by adding things like XRS kits and interior panels, it would become like a local taxi with a jerk in the driver seat. By performance goodies, i meant something like an air intake, better spark plugs would mean AT LEAST something. Yea, I know, there is literally nothing available for the 2nzfe in the market, but even if there was something, the suggestions over here would remain the same.
    Just look at the number of people who use honda access accessories on their cars like you do.
    Talking of an ECU upgrade, u doubt anyone doing it, I actually doubt 98% of people to know the importance of an ECU itself.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    yaar come on, look at the suggestions over here. The OP is going for a 2nzfe in the first place and by adding things like XRS kits and interior panels, it would become like a local taxi with a jerk in the driver seat. By performance goodies, i meant something like an air intake, better spark plugs would mean AT LEAST something. Yea, I know, there is literally nothing available for the 2nzfe in the market, but even if there was something, the suggestions over here would remain the same.
    Just look at the number of people who use honda access accessories on their cars like you do.
    Talking of an ECU upgrade, u doubt anyone doing it, I actually doubt 98% of people to know the importance of an ECU itself.
    An intake won't give the poster any gains, just some increased sound, trust me on this, I've seen Dyno charts where the stock intake performs better than a pod filter intake. As for the plugs, again, the difference would hardly be noticed and won't be worth the money he'll put in.

I say a genuine XRS kit (or any plastic one) would be much better in this case since investing in any performance upgrade will just not be worth it.
    Add some Toyota fog lights, good branded wheels, maybe a set of coilovers and there you have it, personal satisfaction coupled with some 'stand out' looks as well
    City SX8 - Civic ES - Accord SiR CF4 F20B
    Build Threads http://ow.ly/cZpvx and http://ow.ly/cZpDb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by raza1 View Post
    For a leased car, the calculation criteria for loss is different, as you agree and sign on some year wise loss values. You get the amount in the proportion to what you have actually paid. You must have paid a 20% down payment, plus some installments (which include the principle plus markup). But just principle is considered. Considering the installments you have paid, just work out the principle payments, you must have got that amount in case of total loss of car.
    so you basically mean an insured car with lease will get less amount as compared to an independent insured car in case of total loss?

still claiming insurance will have the same long procedure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yea Air intake just can't do much nor the plugs, xrs or trd body kit would look very nice, just as that fireblade corolla was real gorgeous looking . Plus@ OP I'm using pioneer LCD pre, no probs, works really fine xD

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so you basically mean an insured car with lease will get less amount as compared to an independent insured car in case of total loss?

still claiming insurance will have the same long procedure
    The insurance company pays the full amount, you get ur share, and being owner of car, leasing company gets its own.

Yes the procedure is long, normally it takes 2 / 3 months, but in the last u get some amount rather than getting nothing.

Sent from Guantanamo Bay using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well we paid all the installments of the car to the bank so bank gave us the NOC n cheque was in name of my father,so they paid all amount to us n it was less than market value of the car

still atleast we got something back as our police is a big failure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well we paid all the installments of the car to the bank so bank gave us the NOC n cheque was in name of my father,so they paid all amount to us n it was less than market value of the car

still atleast we got something back as our police is a big failure
    , yes, even police is sometimes involved in these incidents.

I dont know what went wrong with ur case that u got the lesser amount. Sometimes it happens that the same model / make car is sold at different prices, bcaz of condition, but the valuer will just consider the price on which it is sold.

Sent from Guantanamo Bay using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Buy airpress and high power bulbs for headlights (Narva / Osram) if deemed appropriate
    Al-Khalid,(6TD2, 1200 hp): In line horizontally opposed, 6 cylinders 12 pistons, 2 stroke liquid cooled multi-fuel engine with turbo super charger and indirect fuel injection

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Uptill now, no one has suggested me for my exact need like

*TRACKER (which company should i go for)
    *OTHER SECURITY SYSTEMS
    *TYRES (is it wise to change tyres immediately or after 5000 - 10000kms)
    *INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
    *ROYAL SHIELD (would it be worthy to go for Royal shield for medium sliver colour?)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimm76 View Post
    Uptill now, no one has suggested me for my exact need like

*TRACKER (which company should i go for)
    *OTHER SECURITY SYSTEMS
    *TYRES (is it wise to change tyres immediately or after 5000 - 10000kms)
    *INTERIOR ACCESSORIES
    *ROYAL SHIELD (would it be worthy to go for Royal shield for medium sliver colour?)
    just go for pioneer lcd, regarding tires you could search and euro star are utter crap. Just change em, interior accessories cant be more than CF or wooden interior, door sill and seat cover, don't know about other things, and for my suggestion, a TRD body kit since it gives aggressive as well as descent look, fogs, paint door handles, smoked heAdlights and led tail lights and simple lip spoiler, thats all it needs for me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mehran n corolla are hot cake for thieves here,thats why got civic instead but still not tension free
    it was ramzan last year when it got stolen,here cars get stolen alot in ramzan,daily 2-4 cars
    Sad to hear that, nothing is safe, did u get your car back?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List