Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default CNG for Corolla Gli 2012

Hi Guys,

I hope you all must be doing well and enjoying the holy month of Ramzan.

I recently purchased a Corolla Gli, you all know that it's on patrol so I am planning these days to install CNG in it to have better economy and to save some money. A couple of toyota showrooms including Toyota Walton and Toyota Cantt have offered me a genuine Landirenzo - Lambda Kit at a price of 85,000 PKR with 1 year warranty, and furthermore the vehicle genuine warranty will not be void due to CNG installation.

However I have following confusions:

1. I have heard that corolla is not compatible with CNG and the engine becomes faulty after 30-40K Kms?
    2. I have heard that CNG is going to end and my investment of 85K Rs will be a waste?

Please give me your suggestions guys! Thanks..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CNG is very much compatible with new carolla engine, that is evident from toyota ecotecg variant a CNG installed carolla from toyota. .

secondly CNG is now very controversial issue so cant say anything about its future but one thing is for sure that they cant completely discontinue CNG as majority pumps are owned by Our lovely minister's.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a gli 2012 as well,i wouldnt really recommend getting cng installed.that too for 85k.

the reason is that there is not much difference when it comes to cng vs petrol.you have to keep in mind that 3 days cng off bhi hey.so you will run on petrol as well which is going to reduce the savings at the same time.
    then in near future,you cant really rely on OGRA for its plan of actions.so dont get CNG installed in a wow car like corolla.enjoy petrol and drive reasonably with planned trips.you will save well.

as for corolla ecotec,the head was modified for CNG usage.the petrol Gli has the old head which is still not very much compatible in the long run.(toyota walton guy told me).

if you save 3 Rs/km then you will have to drive 25000+ kms to just get over the cng kit price,then your actualy savings will start.

rest is upto you.all the best.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think with the current price difference formula devised by OGRA, the maximum saving per km will be 2 Rs. That means you will have to drive 42500 kms only to recover the price. I dont know your daily running, however if your yearly running is lets say around 15,000 kms; you will be only able to recover CNG Kit price in 3 years. Now, if your running is something like 25,000 in a year(which is usually not the case), you will be able to recover kit amount in less than 2 years and only in that case shall i recommend kit installation to you.
    Moreover, also get some expert opinion about engine life with the conventional CNG kit, Indus would not have invented / designed a completely new CNG Kit (F&F?) had there been no problem??
    Al-Khalid,(6TD2, 1200 hp): In line horizontally opposed, 6 cylinders 12 pistons, 2 stroke liquid cooled multi-fuel engine with turbo super charger and indirect fuel injection

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aadil_bhatti View Post
    Hi Guys,

However I have following confusions:

1. I have heard that corolla is not compatible with CNG and the engine becomes faulty after 30-40K Kms?
    2. I have heard that CNG is going to end and my investment of 85K Rs will be a waste?

Please give me your suggestions guys! Thanks..
    Bhai, there are more corollas running on CNG in Pak than petrol. Nothing happens to it until 100k at least.
    Depends upon your daily usage. My car runs for 6-8k on an average/month. I should go for CNG. If your running is around 2k/month, don't go for it. Enjoy the petrol drive.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by invincible_doc View Post
    i have a gli 2012 as well,i wouldnt really recommend getting cng installed.that too for 85k.

the reason is that there is not much difference when it comes to cng vs petrol.you have to keep in mind that 3 days cng off bhi hey.so you will run on petrol as well which is going to reduce the savings at the same time.
    then in near future,you cant really rely on OGRA for its plan of actions.so dont get CNG installed in a wow car like corolla.enjoy petrol and drive reasonably with planned trips.you will save well.

as for corolla ecotec,the head was modified for CNG usage.the petrol Gli has the old head which is still not very much compatible in the long run.(toyota walton guy told me).

if you save 3 Rs/km then you will have to drive 25000+ kms to just get over the cng kit price,then your actualy savings will start.

rest is upto you.all the best.
    This is correct information that Toyota has done some modification in the head of Ecotec... Same information was told me by a Toyota Cantt's mechanic. People actually don't care when they install CNG kit... it is very necessary to run the car on pertrol 2-3 Km daily (depending on the usage e.g if you have driven your car 50 km per day atleast driive it 2-3 Km on petrol while returning home and switch off the car on petrol as well). I have Gli 07 and after driving 10,000 Km on petrol I have installed CNG kit. MashAllah the car is now 92,000 km. Thanks to Allah no issue...

If you really wants to keep you car for longer time e.g 4-5 years with less maintenance cost. I would recommend you to drive it on petrol for atleast 10k and after that install a kit by some good professional. Toyota's installation is very costly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have studied it in detail, and it is not recommended to install CNG on a normal corolla.
    Firstly, the head will be damaged within 50,000kms (has happened with many ppl)
    Secondly, rear suspension will have to be altered(add spacers or change springs).
    Thirdly, CNG is not available 7 days a week.

This is why i bought the ecotec(last year), the head has been changed, & the rear suspension are upgraded. If you can find an ecotec, thats ideal. But right now installing CNG in any car is a stupid decision.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    cng is very much compatible with new carolla engine, that is evident from toyota ecotecg variant a cng installed carolla from toyota. .

Secondly cng is now very controversial issue so cant say anything about its future but one thing is for sure that they cant completely discontinue cng as majority pumps are owned by our lovely minister's.

bro u r talking abt ecotec i have recently sold it thr is big difference b/w ordinary gli and gli ecotec
    gli ecotec head specially redesigned for cng plus the cng kit is special and the differnce was of 125000 gli ecotec and ordinary gli
    simple gli is not compatible with cng and 2ndly cng issues there are news tht versions above 1.0l will be banned for cng
    CNG for Corolla Gli 2012 -457339
    FLIGHT LT ENGINEER MUHAMMAD AHSAN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    Bhai, there are more corollas running on CNG in Pak than petrol. Nothing happens to it until 100k at least.
    Depends upon your daily usage. My car runs for 6-8k on an average/month. I should go for CNG. If your running is around 2k/month, don't go for it. Enjoy the petrol drive.

IMC is not mad if thr was not CNG prob y would they have designed ECOTEC version

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have a Landi Ranzo kit available for sale.. it is installed in my honda civic Vti.. in excellent condition.. can offer you at less than market .. I am taking it off because my daily drive has reduced considerably. Contact : 0300-6401066

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

see the difference
    CNG for Corolla Gli 2012 -457340

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aadil,

1. The 30-40000km thing you said holds true for the previous shape. Plenty of owners shared their bad experiences with me. However, the current shape came with a changed head so it IS acceptable indeed.

2. As regards CNG v/s Non CNG, it is a controversial issue for many but I would recommend it. Mileage may be the same but the mental peace of standing nonstop with the A/C on in a CNG vehicle is matchless. Really, I know people who have purchased Honda Citys, the best from the local market in terms of fuel consumption but when it comes to a CNG vehicle, they bank on it even more. Same is the case with my brother. An Economist by profession, he never got CNG in his cars (Cultus 2009 and manual Vitz 2002) on the pretext that it comes to the same but when it comes to extra running around, he wants the house's CNG car to do the running. Another friend, single, earning Rs. 65000, bro earning on his own, dad a lawyer, got a Vario and an Optra.......all the time m hearing petrol charges. Why? Because they had an old Swift and Lancer on CNG before these two. It IS disgusting to hear such people's comments then.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Aadil,

1. The 30-40000km thing you said holds true for the previous shape. Plenty of owners shared their bad experiences with me. However, the current shape came with a changed head so it IS acceptable indeed.

2. As regards CNG v/s Non CNG, it is a controversial issue for many but I would recommend it. Mileage may be the same but the mental peace of standing nonstop with the A/C on in a CNG vehicle is matchless. Really, I know people who have purchased Honda Citys, the best from the local market in terms of fuel consumption but when it comes to a CNG vehicle, they bank on it even more. Same is the case with my brother. An Economist by profession, he never got CNG in his cars (Cultus 2009 and manual Vitz 2002) on the pretext that it comes to the same but when it comes to extra running around, he wants the house's CNG car to do the running. Another friend, single, earning Rs. 65000, bro earning on his own, dad a lawyer, got a Vario and an Optra.......all the time m hearing petrol charges. Why? Because they had an old Swift and Lancer on CNG before these two. It IS disgusting to hear such people's comments then.
    Great reply bro, i agree with you... I was personally comparing a refill of 500 Rs Patrol and 500 Rs CNG.. On cng of 500 Rs you can run atleast 90-100 Kms, whereas on 500 Rs patrol you can run only 45-50 kms, thats the main difference...

Thanks for the convincing details!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Aadil,

Which previous shape? Are you referring to the Corolla model before 2011 facelift? i.e 2009-2011?
    Because as far as I know, the facelift was just a cosmetic change, no change in engine head except for the Ecotech variant.
    "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CNG performance on xli 2011, 2012 ? any head/valve issue?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It works perfectly.. I have used it