Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla G 2004 Brakes Problem

Dear PW Memebers!

I have Corolla G 2004 Imported, from last few days i feel that when ever press the break pad at the first feel like having no brakes and the pad goes down at the bottom and on a second attempt the brakes work fine. so whenever i need to use brake i mostly press it twice. its ABS brakes dono what wrong with it. well need you help here if any one suffer the same problem and get recover from it. will be waiting for your prompt reply.

Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need to get your master cylinder rebuilt. Driving with this kind of brake is dangerous. Get it fixed ASAP.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks Vaqas. well whether is a cylinder problem let me mention that never seen any leakage and the brake fluid is almost the same

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seals inside the master cylinder not building enough pressure. You need to get the seals inside replaced. It should not be costly I guess around 600 to 800 Rs job + the Labour. Other option you have is if you dont wanna go for rebuilt as they say the rebuilt one dosent last long to buy a Used or qabli (Never Repaired) same master cylinder like the one you have in your car. That will be like 1000 to 1200 Rs + Labour.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

complete master cylinder with booster will cost u Rs2500 as it is ABS so be carefull while bleeding

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Booster hardly goes wrong so I will say dont touch the booster. Just get the master cylinder fixed/replaced.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nomi_ad73 View Post
    Dear PW Memebers!

I have Corolla G 2004 Imported, from last few days i feel that when ever press the break pad at the first feel like having no brakes and the pad goes down at the bottom and on a second attempt the brakes work fine. so whenever i need to use brake i mostly press it twice. its ABS brakes dono what wrong with it. well need you help here if any one suffer the same problem and get recover from it. will be waiting for your prompt reply.

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    Seals inside the master cylinder not building enough pressure. You need to get the seals inside replaced. It should not be costly I guess around 600 to 800 Rs job + the Labour. Other option you have is if you dont wanna go for rebuilt as they say the rebuilt one dosent last long to buy a Used or qabli (Never Repaired) same master cylinder like the one you have in your car. That will be like 1000 to 1200 Rs + Labour.
    get removed the whole assembly from car brake booster + master cylinder go to shoba bazar in your town and see what you can get. The problem of zero brake at pedal pressure then 2nd push bring some braking is sign of damaged / leaking brake booster. master cylinder leakage has different sign. When you remove the booster also check for the VCV (vacum check valve) on the pipe running between intake manifold & boaster. BUY That VALVE NEW when replacing booster.

In pictures below you can see a master cylinder (metal cylnder with reservoir) detached from the brake booster (black round drum attached to firewall) & a VCV. Pictures are for reference only items in your car are of different dimensions
    Corolla G 2004 Brakes Problem -1060800Corolla G 2004 Brakes Problem -1060801

- www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks you all for your kind and positive response regarding my problem. well few words even new for me but get lot of help here and inshallah by tomm going to fix it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

today i have done below work in a car but seems all goes wrong at the end of the day nothing in hand. the mechanic open rear tires open the drum and polish it and clean it. the brake and hand brake were feeling like tight but having same problem. then open the master cylinder (Having a white box type holding a brake fluids). there were few rubber seals. few changed and mingle with each other. but while back to home face the same problem. well know i just found what the exact problem. when i am pressing the brake padel slowly then padal goes down like on a speed breaker or slowly press need a brake. but when i press quickly the padel or a quick press or second attempt after slow failed brake then then its working fine. i really tried to see the CVC but never found such part. need suggestion for it thanks an advance

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List