Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Poor Standard of Toyota Corolla

Hi,

I am shocked to see the standard of Indus Motors produced cars, which has dropped to even deeper levels. The current model of Toyota Corolla is an example of that. I bought Corolla 1.6. Automatic Gun Mettalic Colour this March (2012). From the very begining I was taken aback when I saw that the wiring in the engine compartment had no proper ducting, NITTO wiring tape has been used to cover the wires. And that tape too is unwinding with use.

Now I have noticed that the the toyota monograms have started to show signs of rust!!!! Can't believe it.

It is worth mentioning here that Toyota is not giving many features that earlier it used to give like alloy rims, fog lights, fenders, etc. are only being offered in ALTIS. Not even in 1.6. GLi Auto. I am ok with that too, but atleast the quality should be maintained.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agr itna bakwaas standard hy toyota corolla ka tu purchase q karty ho ap log???:s
    CoMmiNg SoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOn

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by john0995 View Post
    Agr itna bakwaas standard hy toyota corolla ka tu purchase q karty ho ap log???:s
    Rolla kae beghair kam nai chalta..
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    corolla body is huge but
    we 3 adults have to squash ourselves in to fit in the rear seat to get to work
    Its rear seat is bigger than city and reborn.havent checked new civic rear seat and also the rear leg room

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and i think u havent checked the plastic crap of 2.5 million civic.go check that

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As i said earlier, this is a useless topic,

many people just commented, the rust the owner is reffering to is not even rust. It the green gui thing that builds up even in your bathroom chrome taps etc.

This can be cleaned with a brasso polish and a tooth brush, I can show this on a 1 Crore Mercedece aswell. This is common in after market chromes people get on their cars. Altis rims centre (TOYOTA LOGO) is prone to this aswell.

My Japanese cars also have these you just need to clean good enough to avoid these.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    As i said earlier, this is a useless topic,

many people just commented, the rust the owner is reffering to is not even rust. It the green gui thing that builds up even in your bathroom chrome taps etc.

This can be cleaned with a brasso polish and a tooth brush, I can show this a 1 Crore Mercedece aswell. This is common in after market chromes people get on their cars. Altis rims centre (TOYOTA LOGO) is prone to this aswell.

My Japanese cars also have these you just need to clean good enough to avoid these.

+1

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Aunda Fan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Javvad1 View Post
    Hi,

I am shocked to see the standard of Indus Motors produced cars, which has dropped to even deeper levels. The current model of Toyota Corolla is an example of that. I bought Corolla 1.6. Automatic Gun Mettalic Colour this March (2012). From the very begining I was taken aback when I saw that the wiring in the engine compartment had no proper ducting, NITTO wiring tape has been used to cover the wires. And that tape too is unwinding with use.

Now I have noticed that the the toyota monograms have started to show signs of rust!!!! Can't believe it.

It is worth mentioning here that Toyota is not giving many features that earlier it used to give like alloy rims, fog lights, fenders, etc. are only being offered in ALTIS. Not even in 1.6. GLi Auto. I am ok with that too, but atleast the quality should be maintained.

When i worked on a corolla, it was way better than indus made car , in terms of speed, handling, braking, acceleration, seats, interior cooling system. I dont care for indus cars and i dont buy them.
    ,,, unless you know the track, you're not good enough to sit behind the wheel." K T

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Still Paki rolla sucks........Crap is crap....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We got this sort of rollas in local made rollas because it is MADE IN PAKISTAN(except the engine which is imported)..All currently produced local models are not safe,,would fail crash tests miserably and are not value for the amount of money you are investing..The only cars which have the right to be called CARS were pre 2000 models of rolla,honda,daewoo,suzuki and others which were very rigid and strong models.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    We got this sort of rollas in local made rollas because it is MADE IN PAKISTAN(except the engine which is imported)..All currently produced local models are not safe,,would fail crash tests miserably and are not value for the amount of money you are investing..The only cars which have the right to be called CARS were pre 2000 models of rolla,honda,daewoo,suzuki and others which were very rigid and strong models.
    well not accurate bro but still they can pass a crash test as i have seen with my own eyes my friend crashing his 2010 rolla at the speed of 100km/hr into a DATE tree the tree was tooken out from its roots the car was still in the condition to start and drive....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i myself was amazed to see the car start which i never expected and the four youngsters walked away like it never happened....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u own a corolla so ur gona defend it.but admit it the quality of Toyota is dropped a lot that's the reason people are going for jdm cars because of their build quality and durability.
    jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try the crash test u bet Pakistan ki corolla ka bonnet digi men se nikal aye ga bhr =D
    jdm <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The local auto manufacturers are making crappy cars but it makes perfect business sense not to bother about it when whatever they make is being sold in the market.... things would not change until people stop buying all this crap from them
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by john0995 View Post
    qk corolla rural areas mein chal jati hai aur mechanic bhi easily available hen + resale bhi tyt hai .. hum jese corolla use karatay hein uskay baad bhi humein achay paisay mill jatay hein aur agar uss tarah civic ya koi aur bhi jdm ho .. tou usko use karein tou 1 taka bhi ni miley ga aur wo repair bhi mehngii ho gi ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Totally Agree with you............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    u own a corolla so ur gona defend it.but admit it the quality of Toyota is dropped a lot that's the reason people are going for jdm cars because of their build quality and durability.
    i know bro that rolla has lost the quality that was before becoz we have be rolla owners since 1960's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTK1NG View Post
    qk corolla rural areas mein chal jati hai aur mechanic bhi easily available hen + resale bhi tyt hai .. hum jese corolla use karatay hein uskay baad bhi humein achay paisay mill jatay hein aur agar uss tarah civic ya koi aur bhi jdm ho .. tou usko use karein tou 1 taka bhi ni miley ga aur wo repair bhi mehngii ho gi ..
    this is what TOYOTA is so special in the market......a honda wont last a day in the rural if it does you will have to get new bumper's and shocks....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AIk kaam karai..Kabhi kisi rolla new model to muka marain kahin bhi..Body andar ghus jayay gi..Phiraik aur kaam karain..Kisi daewoo racer ki body par muka marain (hath main dard khatam nai ho ga)

Once my car was in parking lane,,a hiace jumbo freak while overtaking a car from the left side banged his passenger door over my right rear bumper..Car went over the adjacent padestrian path and got minimal dent and that hiace door was ripped out..They had to carry the door

AGain once i had to tak a blind L turn..Car was relatively fast and as i approached near the turn a taxi mehran just popped out..Thus my right side front bumper had impact with both side doors of that taxi and they were virtually smashed in(andar dab gayay) with me getting only a slightly disoriented bumper side.

Once i parked my uncles 96 honda for got to pop up handbrake,gear and went in to shop..when i came back..Result as the road was a little inclined the car reversed back and hit a rolla 2003 for side bumper..result..Not a single dent on honda and i had to pay 6k rupees to the roll owner for damages

Now if a rolla or city has an impact from the front at 30 Km/he or even 25...Bumper would break into 2,,new bumper would cost around 12k+,,bang it from rear and its rear bumper would break into 2 with the rear diggi going out of action

The point is people will defend current cars as being strong and rigid and stuf..WHats the point of having a car which can get totalled on impacts at lower speeds..Also indus motors rolla is very unsafe and imo no have safety features as offered in rolla international.
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AIk kaam karai..Kabhi kisi rolla new model to muka marain kahin bhi..Body andar ghus jayay gi..Phiraik aur kaam karain..Kisi daewoo racer ki body par muka marain (hath main dard khatam nai ho ga)

Once my car was in parking lane,,a hiace jumbo freak while overtaking a car from the left side banged his passenger door over my right rear bumper..Car went over the adjacent padestrian path and got minimal dent and that hiace door was ripped out..They had to carry the door

AGain once i had to tak a blind L turn..Car was relatively fast and as i approached near the turn a taxi mehran just popped out..Thus my right side front bumper had impact with both side doors of that taxi and they were virtually smashed in(andar dab gayay) with me getting only a slightly disoriented bumper side.

Once i parked my uncles 96 honda for got to pop up handbrake,gear and went in to shop..when i came back..Result as the road was a little inclined the car reversed back and hit a rolla 2003 for side bumper..result..Not a single dent on honda and i had to pay 6k rupees to the roll owner for damages

Now if a rolla or city has an impact from the front at 30 Km/he or even 25...Bumper would break into 2,,new bumper would cost around 12k+,,bang it from rear and its rear bumper would break into 2 with the rear diggi going out of action

The point is people will defend current cars as being strong and rigid and stuf..WHats the point of having a car which can get totalled on impacts at lower speeds..Also indus motors rolla is very unsafe and imo no have safety features as offered in rolla international.
    i am not deffending my car sir as my car was hit on the back side by a carr daba my loss was upto 30k while the carry only needed to be dry dented i was shocked to seen the car so weak..but pakistani roads and mechanics are capable of working on these cars with ease and i cant drive a reborn to my home town i have done that onec and will never do it again.....the quality is pathetic now..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List