Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Havoline (10w30) or Toyota Motor Oil Tin Pack (10w30) for Corolla?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    maliasghar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Havoline (10w30) or Toyota Motor Oil Tin Pack (10w30) for Corolla?

    Dear All,

    Your recommendations on using Either Caltex Havoline Formula (10w30) or Imported Toyota Motor Oil Tin Pack (10w30) for new Corolla Altis?
    I guess both these oils are mineral oils. Or is the Toyota Imported Oil semi-synthetic?

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    Titanium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Dera ismail khan
    Age
    42
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    1
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Mobil 1
    5w-50 Fully Synthetic
    Of all the things i have lost, I miss my MIND the most...

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    devilz_apprentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I'd suggest the Toyota's 10W-30 in tin pack. It's a much better option but a little expensive. It'll set you back for PKR 3150. However, a better choice would be either Total 9000 5W-30 (PKR 2900) or Toyota's 5W-30 in tin pack (PKR 3650).
    I was using Toyota's 10W-30 in my Altis, it performed exceptionally better than other 10W-30 oils. But when i switched to Total 9000 5W-30, engine noise improved a lot. Fuel average was already excellent on 10W-30 and it remained the same after switching to Total.
    Total 9000 is manufactured in Singapore and it is fully synthetic. Hence it is a wise choice.
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    highroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    600
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliasghar View Post
    Dear All,

    Your recommendations on using Either Caltex Havoline Formula (10w30) or Imported Toyota Motor Oil Tin Pack (10w30) for new Corolla Altis?
    I guess both these oils are mineral oils. Or is the Toyota Imported Oil semi-synthetic?
    From the list I would go with havoline. Consider mobil 1 or zic xq.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ToxicDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,317
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    13
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Given that Toyota's oil costs 3650 (according to devilz_apprentice)I would suggest you to go for Havoline Synthetic 5W40 which in under 3000.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    maliasghar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @devilz_apprentice

    Any idea if TMO 10w30 imported is semi-synthetic oil?

    Secondly is this Total 9000 readily available at Total Petrol pumps or is there a dealer in twin cities from where I can get a genuine pack?

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mwm749's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,160
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @maliasghar,

    Lubricants are available in 2 categories, Mineral & Synthetic.
    If your car is new under 10,000kms stick with Toyota OEM mineral oil (local or imported depends upon your pocket). Moreover this will help you in case you have any warranty claim.
    After 10,000kms you may shift to any synthetic brand you like.

    Local oil marketing companies (PSO, Total, Caltex & Shell) now sell synthetic oil, frankly I trust these local companies rather than imported brands like Mobil, Zic, Micking, etc. which are repacked in Pakistan.

    I have Altis 2010, I used Toyota oil upto 10,000kms and since then have been using Total 9000 without any complaint.
    I drain the oil at 5000kms and install new Toyota original oil filter.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    civic01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    652
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    if we use any other oil then toyota oil will it void the warrenty ????

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    car_bus2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,770
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    which engine oil is the best for summers for corolla 2010

    Viscosity
    Brand Name.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Which engine oil is recommended for Altis ??? Which is best in performance and economy ..irrespective of the price
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Toyota Japanese Tin pack 5w30 for Rs. 2,700/-

    If money is no object LM Synthoil 5W40 or Amsoil Signature 0W20 for 4,800 and 6,800 respectively.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Toyota Japanese Tin pack 5w30 for Rs. 2,700/-

    If money is no object LM Synthoil 5W40 or Amsoil Signature 0W20 for 4,800 and 6,800 respectively.
    Amsoil signature ... is it available in Pak ??

    How is it better ?? haven't heard of it ...
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhawaleed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,812
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by civic01 View Post
    if we use any other oil then toyota oil will it void the warrenty ????
    kindly dont talk about warranty, first word warranty is fraud and secondly what can possibly go wrong with a brand new car.

    lets suppose you did not used toyata oil and something goes wrong with the engine. then how do you expect toyata to prove that you not been using their product.

    and what if you been using toyata's genuine oil and something goes wrong, do you think they will entertain you from warranty.

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Amsoil signature ... is it available in Pak ??

    How is it better ?? haven't heard of it ...
    Brother its only better if you have a Corvette or 360 Spyder no use in 4 cylinders econobox not even worth for a CL-9 or Mercedes.

    Available all over at Zamzama and DHA / Gizri shops at KHi also Penzoil and Valvoline.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    bradpit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,064
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    kindly dont talk about warranty, first word warranty is fraud and secondly what can possibly go wrong with a brand new car.

    lets suppose you did not used toyata oil and something goes wrong with the engine. then how do you expect toyata to prove that you not been using their product.

    and what if you been using toyata's genuine oil and something goes wrong, do you think they will entertain you from warranty.
    In my 2011 XLi there was water in the wiper bottle I took the car to dealership and they refilled with proper viper fluid.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,400
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    In my 2011 XLi there was water in the wiper bottle I took the car to dealership and they refilled with proper viper fluid.

    in Pakistan they are mixing robin neel with water - nicer dealerships are mixing glint with water. Make it yourself.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    in Pakistan they are mixing robin neel with water - nicer dealerships are mixing glint with water. Make it yourself.
    I use water and about 5-10 ML of Shampoo Dealership recommended that as well" Paani dalna aur favourite sachet shampo ki". lol

    Why is the firing order strange for Bugatti's W16 engine? is it because of the 2 V8's together?
    CYLINDER Firing order on WR-16; 1-14-9-4-7-12-15-6-13-8-3-16-11-2-5-10.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliasghar View Post
    Dear All,

    Your recommendations on using Either Caltex Havoline Formula (10w30) or Imported Toyota Motor Oil Tin Pack (10w30) for new Corolla Altis?
    I guess both these oils are mineral oils. Or is the Toyota Imported Oil semi-synthetic?
    Pardon me, but both of these oils are crap. Even the Japanese Tin pack oil too.
    Recently I went to Toyota Garden motor and slipped into their stock room with their manager. OMG.... I saw a very huge stock of Toyota's tin pack 10/30 SL grade oil. Infact, this oil is totally mineral but as they've bought the big big stock, so they will recommend to everyone to use this oil in their cars. But I will ask Why? Because SL grade oil can be used in 2004 or older engine. So technically its not recommended to use it in 2005, 2006....2014 vehicles. But majority of us only believe that Toyota can provide the genuine oils for Toyota Cars, and hence using the same blindly and without knowing this truth.
    We are so na?ve.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umair2203's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    3,984
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Pardon me, but both of these oils are crap. Even the Japanese Tin pack oil too.
    Recently I went to Toyota Garden motor and slipped into their stock room with their manager. OMG.... I saw a very huge stock of Toyota's tin pack 10/30 SL grade oil. Infact, this oil is totally mineral but as they've bought the big big stock, so they will recommend to everyone to use this oil in their cars. But I will ask Why? Because SL grade oil can be used in 2004 or older engine. So technically its not recommended to use it in 2005, 2006....2014 vehicles. But majority of us only believe that Toyota can provide the genuine oils for Toyota Cars, and hence using the same blindly and without knowing this truth.
    We are so na?ve.
    Then bro which oil is recommended .. which oil grade which API grade ???

    Please enlighten us... for all corolla variants specially for Corolla Altis cruisetronic

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Then bro which oil is recommended .. which oil grade which API grade ???

    Please enlighten us... for all corolla variants specially for Corolla Altis cruisetronic

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    A PM that I replied a few min. ago was probably from you I think. Plz check.
    No Guts, No Glory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •