Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Toyota Corolla GLi VVTi (2010/ 2011) performance on CNG

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    AsimAJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Toyota Corolla GLi VVTi (2010/ 2011) performance on CNG

    Dear Experts,

    I am planning to buy Toyota Corolla GLi VVTi (2010/ 2011). I heard that there are some issues in performance / engine over CNG.

    Kindly advise?..

    Thanks in advance.

    Asim

    Similar Threads:

    • #2
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      aqs29's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2006
      Location
      Hyderabad
      Posts
      3,129
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      16 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      U won't face any issues till 40K milage on CNG, after tt Corolla's valves would start to jam.

    • #3
      Newbie Follow
      careeraxe's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      1
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Same thing has happened to my 2009 gli.

      now at 80k miles and stuck!

      Dont know what to do.

    • #4
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Islamabad
      Age
      100
      Posts
      6,218
      Follows
      4
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      143 Post(s)
      Tagged
      52 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Wanna see a 170k driven Corolla GLi? CNG installed at 25kms on ODO, toyota rawal se nikaali thi aur cng wale k paas le gya tha. Aaaj tak CNG pe hai, bhaagti nasti hai, mojain maarti hai, sab bakwas hai, engine k saath najayez sulook na kro to kuch b nahi hoga, and by na jayez I don't mean revving hard, I touch the rev limiter many times daily, danda service hai.

      Quote Originally Posted by aqs29 View Post
      U won't face any issues till 40K milage on CNG, after tt Corolla's valves would start to jam.
      Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

    • #5
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      AZEEMMAJEED's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2009
      Location
      Islamabad
      Age
      22
      Posts
      3,313
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      43 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Yesterday saw xli with cng which was fitter by 3s a simple lendirenzo kit car was driven 80k and engine was sound till date all it depends on your dealing way to things

    • #6
      PakWheeler Follow
      AsimAJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      9
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      thansk all my friends.... but i m still confused, for this better go for toyota corolla ecotec with ff CNG?

      how is that?

      Asim

    • #7
      PakWheeler Follow
      Bilalch_88's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Location
      Sadiqabad
      Posts
      29
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
      Wanna see a 170k driven Corolla GLi? CNG installed at 25kms on ODO, toyota rawal se nikaali thi aur cng wale k paas le gya tha. Aaaj tak CNG pe hai, bhaagti nasti hai, mojain maarti hai, sab bakwas hai, engine k saath najayez sulook na kro to kuch b nahi hoga, and by na jayez I don't mean revving hard, I touch the rev limiter many times daily, danda service hai.

      hello. frnds i own corrolla gli 2012 23k on the ODO,i installed cng when my car was driven 5k kilometers.i heard my from many pepople that this model is not fit for cng,continous drivng on cng will damage the engine n head etc etc.after hearing this i never even fill cng in my car.Dear corolla users kindly tell me k sach ha ya just rumor????



      and one thing more the problem i m facing on cng in my car is that when i drive my car on petrol for long time then convert it to cng car drops RPM on cng to very low and even some times engine get turn off....cng machenic told me that this problem is very common in this model....after rotating black knob on cng kit the problem vanishes and the rpm become normal.

    • #8
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      tausifs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Rawalpindi
      Age
      35
      Posts
      1,038
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      34 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Bilalch_88 View Post
      hello. frnds i own corrolla gli 2012 23k on the ODO,i installed cng when my car was driven 5k kilometers.i heard my from many pepople that this model is not fit for cng,continous drivng on cng will damage the engine n head etc etc.after hearing this i never even fill cng in my car.Dear corolla users kindly tell me k sach ha ya just rumor????
      The tappets on this model are not adjustable as in many cars. They are made of a single block and therefore feeler adjustment is not possible. When tappets gap increases or decreases, it affects the performance of a car. Tappets can get disturbed even on a petrol driven car. Although I have seen at least three carollas new shape with problems on CNG after 30 to 40 k km but still don't bielve in the basic logic/ideology given by mechanics. Should this had been the case, then petrol cars would never had required tappet adjustments + corolla on petrol should have also showed problems.

    • #9
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Tabish1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      3,068
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      2
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      kept one GLi 2009 on CNG.. Before that Gli we kep se-saloon on CNG.. I felt so much difference on pickup .. suck in 2nd gear..
      Pakistan <3

    • #10
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      hasooboy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Karachi
      Age
      29
      Posts
      5,401
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      81 Post(s)
      Tagged
      3 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      What about eco tech if corolla has this problem :-\

      Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
      Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

    • #11
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      speedster_101's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Islamabad
      Posts
      3,447
      Follows
      2
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      54 Post(s)
      Tagged
      1 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      1
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by hasooboy View Post
      What about eco tech if corolla has this problem :-\

      Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
      Corolla ECO-Tech has a different engine head.
      "The more we sweat in peace, the less we bleed in war"

    • #12
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      tausifs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Rawalpindi
      Age
      35
      Posts
      1,038
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      34 Post(s)
      Tagged
      4 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      +1.........
      Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

    • #13
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      chinyoti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2005
      Location
      Karachi
      Age
      27
      Posts
      11,956
      Follows
      5
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      107 Post(s)
      Tagged
      5 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      2
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      1

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Tabish1 View Post
      kept one GLi 2009 on CNG.. Before that Gli we kep se-saloon on CNG.. I felt so much difference on pickup .. suck in 2nd gear..
      Gli is 1300 cc with a bigger body, Se Saloon was 1600cc with a smaller body,
      Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

    • #14
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      Tabish1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Location
      Karachi
      Posts
      3,068
      Follows
      1
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      24 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      2
      Problems Solved
      1
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
      Gli is 1300 cc with a bigger body, Se Saloon was 1600cc with a smaller body,
      kept one GLI 2006 on CNG as well..
      Pakistan <3

    • #15
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      dms664's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Select City
      Age
      33
      Posts
      7,013
      Follows
      1
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      90 Post(s)
      Tagged
      8 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by speedster_101 View Post
      Corolla ECO-Tech has a different engine head.
      what if we put head of ecotec on normal gli engine as block is same in both. is it possible?
      My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

    • #16
      Senior PakWheeler Follow
      dms664's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Select City
      Age
      33
      Posts
      7,013
      Follows
      1
      Following
      1
      Mentioned
      90 Post(s)
      Tagged
      8 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
      The tappets on this model are not adjustable as in many cars. They are made of a single block and therefore feeler adjustment is not possible. When tappets gap increases or decreases, it affects the performance of a car. Tappets can get disturbed even on a petrol driven car. Although I have seen at least three carollas new shape with problems on CNG after 30 to 40 k km but still don't bielve in the basic logic/ideology given by mechanics. Should this had been the case, then petrol cars would never had required tappet adjustments + corolla on petrol should have also showed problems.
      The reason is that people forget to drive the car on petrol after installing cng . daily 3 to 4 km on petrol or 20 to 30 kms on petrol before each refill will keep the engine in good nick .
      I have a gli 2010 on cng . clocked 22k till date. lets see what happens after 30 or 40k.
      My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

    • #17
      PakWheeler Follow
      AsimAJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      9
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      any idea about Corolla eco tech?

      how is eco tech performace; this also has same issue on CNG????

      Asim

    • #18
      PakWheeler Follow
      hiader5's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      25
      Posts
      132
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      i installed cng in my xli 2010 when it was 12000kms driven now it's 60000kms on odo so far no problem thing is that cng is available just two or three days a week so almost all cars are driven on petrol mostly and this can prolong the problem if it exist
      just drive your car on petrol as well dont make cng a soul fuel everything will be good

    • #19
      PakWheeler Follow
      hiader5's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Lahore
      Age
      25
      Posts
      132
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      1 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      i have never found any member claiming his valves wornout on cng so far it is just a rumor
      suni sunai baat wala hisab hai fil haal

    • #20
      PakWheeler Follow
      AsimAJ's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      9
      Follows
      0
      Following
      0
      Mentioned
      0 Post(s)
      Tagged
      0 Thread(s)
      Problems Posted
      0
      Problems Solved
      0
      Best Answers
      0
      Good Answers
      0

      Default

      thanks dear

    + Reply to Thread
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    User Tag List

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •