Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Aoa PW fellow members and friends,

I test drove the Gli 1.3 L last year before actually buying a new one because every one said that its underpowered, it doesnt have appropriate pickUp/Power, it is not responsive and so on.
    Well, I acknowldege all of the above!!
    Since I test drove my friends GLi, so I seconded all the issues but still had to buy GLi because there was one BIG issue which I had no solution to and that was "My Wife" ........ She liked the looks of Corolla.........and I had to go for its looks the same way I did at the time of my Marriage which I usually refer to as a Mirage. Lols....... Well, jokes apart.

I have been driving my GLi since Septemeber last year and was seriously thinking to sell it and get an Altis just because of one reason..............Under Powered interms of PickUp/intial accleration and very poor responsiveness to the accelarator pedal. Then I came to know about Unichip. I visited thier website (Unichip.pk) and thier international global website (Vehicle Fine-Tune | Chip Tuning | Unichip Home). I latter on called them and took appointment. Today after a detailed brain storming session with Mr. Yasir (Owner of Unichip distribution in Pakistan and a very technical engine tuner), I finally got this system installed.

Won't go in details as to what it is and how it works? It's already mentioned in detail on thier website. Just Three Words.
    MY CAR ROCKS after the installation.
    Its a long process. The main part is building up the MAP for your car's engine. They are very expert tuners and basically adjust the low end torque, ignition timing and a lot of other things etc.
    I am really surprised as how much responsiveness my car has gained. The driveability experience has improved by 100%. For example, In 3rd gear at 40Km/Hr speed, the car gives a sudden feeling of accleration on depressing the pedal even with a light foot which by the way Gli does'nt give on even the first gear. PickUp issue has obviously been resolved and there is no lag between depressing the accelartor and engines response. It also improves the fuel average.
    I drove back from Islamabad to Rawalpindi trying and testing different scenarios with the car and found it to be perfect.

I highly recomend everyone to get this thing installed. It works like Magic.
    Highly impressed by the system and the technical know how of Mr. Yasir.
    Here a few pictures I shot during the installation. Couldn't take the pictures of tuning session (MAP building) as it rained and hailed like anything in Islamabad today.
    My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change (which is the first thing everyone does after getting a car). Its definetly a MUST HAVE Upgrade.
    Will report the fuel average on next top up.
    Enjoy.

2nd performance tuning Pictures + Fuel average Pictures Updated on Page 12

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@tausifs Btw which app are you using for fuels logs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PakWheels Forums mobile app
    Everything I like is either fatal., illegal, immoral, addictive, expensive or impossible

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZEEMMAJEED View Post
    @tausifs Btw which app are you using for fuels logs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PakWheels Forums mobile app
    aCar. Its the best and keeps in mind each and everything before calculating the mileage. Try it on google play store market.
    My car does 13 in city and 18 on highway if i calculate manually / roughly like most of the people do here lolzzzzz ;-). It even warns you of fraud at fuel station after 2 to 3 data entries subject to you enter the profile of that station and use it regularly. It is a must have. Try it and leave your feed back here only after fully exploring it as it has a lot of options and features.......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTORQUE View Post
    .......Modified engine operation with the Unichip

Because each Unichip calibration is built for specific kinds of parts, each is designed to eliminate the problems those parts create as the OEM computer tries to adapt to them. The OEM computer doesn't see anything to adapt to because we literally build the adaptation normally associated with those parts into the Unichip maps which does two things.

o First, if a set of parts creates a +15 LTFT without the Unichip, the adaptation values in the Unichip map mean the OEM computer's LTFT's will settle out back down at the same + 2 that it had (in our example) because of stacking tolerances and wear and tear. That means your vehicle with the Unichip will enjoy years of OEM designed adaptation - none of which will reduce power - to correct for wear and tear before triggering a CEL.

o Second, each Unichip calibration optimizes the bolt on parts by optimizing values at over 90,000 points not relying on a single mechanical change. Not only does the Unichip clear up the adaptation, it optimizes values so that the bolt-ons make more power even where their making the desired correction.

Bottom line

All OBD2 compliant ECU's adapt. Unichip maps are designed to work with that adaptation so that your vehicle makes optimum power the day you install our kit and continues to make optimum power for years. Whether stock or with bolt-on parts, the only adaptation the OEM computer performs is because of wear and tear just like the OEM intended, and just like you want. It will never "learn out" a properly programmed Unichip regardless of what kind of vehicle it is.

Hope this explains
    @MAXTORQUE

I have 01 question and 01 concern.

Question--Are you installing the EGT_Unit Unichip Products - EGT Unit. Its usually for diesel but still. A safety feedback

Concern--Its Going to be a long one. Please bear with me on this.

I totally get the point of Unichip. Using a 3D fuel and timing map, what is eventually being done is letting the ECU run as if the engine is factory new, all tolerances have been engineered to the minimum, and the engine is fully capable/healthy (in actual, tolerances are there).

So the best map around ideal conditions is selected by ECU. And probably the CEL will not turn on if Unichip is properly calibrated, dyno tested, Right??

But what is eventually done is that the signals and commands are being masked. It may run like the OEM fuel economy mode at normal operation but under load, an actual requirement of +15 LTFT and a commanded LTFT of +2 will cause lean. Eventually the fuel will keep leaning out to suffice the need of the user as the parts wear and tear every day. The engine temperatures will be continuously high for a driver squeezing juice out of it every alternate day.

And since everything is mask-able, eg the rev limiter, the Exhaust temperature, there's no guarantee what will be bypassed. So the point of OEM engine safety is in doubt.

Let me put one simple example of electronic circuits (not directly relevant but still). Each BJT has a max operating temperature called TJ max. As an electronics design engineer, one can operate the BTJ close to this limit without having any problem. But this reduces the life significantly. What most designers do is to limit it way below that temperature. This ensures long life.

Another example is CPU or GPU over-clocking. You still get increased power but the lifespan is reduce. (This is in no way related to over revving. Nopes. It is only related to increased heat the embedded circuit produces)

The engines getting more power out of this setup will no doubt perform, but eventually have a less life. And it will be even less than what the engine safety loops can manage to achieve.

Please do comment.

I would also like @SpoonMotorSports @SER_GTR @lowresolution to share their views.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rustam54 View Post
    @MAXTORQUE

I have 01 question and 01 concern.

Question--Are you installing the EGT_Unit Unichip Products - EGT Unit. Its usually for diesel but still. A safety feedback

Concern--Its Going to be a long one. Please bear with me on this.

I totally get the point of Unichip. Using a 3D fuel and timing map, what is eventually being done is letting the ECU run as if the engine is factory new, all tolerances have been engineered to the minimum, and the engine is fully capable/healthy (in actual, tolerances are there).

So the best map around ideal conditions is selected by ECU. And probably the CEL will not turn on if Unichip is properly calibrated, dyno tested, Right??

But what is eventually done is that the signals and commands are being masked. It may run like the OEM fuel economy mode at normal operation but under load, an actual requirement of +15 LTFT and a commanded LTFT of +2 will cause lean. Eventually the fuel will keep leaning out to suffice the need of the user as the parts wear and tear every day. The engine temperatures will be continuously high for a driver squeezing juice out of it every alternate day.

And since everything is mask-able, eg the rev limiter, the Exhaust temperature, there's no guarantee what will be bypassed. So the point of OEM engine safety is in doubt.

Let me put one simple example of electronic circuits (not directly relevant but still). Each BJT has a max operating temperature called TJ max. As an electronics design engineer, one can operate the BTJ close to this limit without having any problem. But this reduces the life significantly. What most designers do is to limit it way below that temperature. This ensures long life.

Another example is CPU or GPU over-clocking. You still get increased power but the lifespan is reduce. (This is in no way related to over revving. Nopes. It is only related to increased heat the embedded circuit produces)

The engines getting more power out of this setup will no doubt perform, but eventually have a less life. And it will be even less than what the engine safety loops can manage to achieve.

Please do comment.

I would also like @SpoonMotorSports @SER_GTR @lowresolution to share their views.
    Hi first of all i would like to thank you very much for taking out time to write all this.

I love to talk to people who has good knowledge about cars,but on a public forums usually

Answer to your first question YES we do install EGT unit where it is needed ONLY as this is quite expensive.

Next thing you said

" I totally get the point of Unichip. Using a 3D fuel and timing map, what is eventually being done is letting the ECU run as if the engine is factory new, all tolerances have been engineered to the minimum, and the engine is fully capable/healthy (in actual, tolerances are there). "

No this is NOT how unichip works! we have tuned almost brand new cars and had VERY good results from them as well.So this means there is hidden power in your engine which we take out by using Unichip.

I am adding a picture please read it all especially written in Red Box.I am sure you will have the answer from where does the power comes from.

UNICHIP Installed in Corolla 13L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in Performance -1170559

Yes right but upto some how,there is ONLY one MAP in cars ECU what alter that map is the factors like Air intake temp,amount of air coming into engine ( if car has MAF sensor ) or the intake manifold pressure etc etc.No CEL (check light ) will ever turn on because of Unichip ever.

One thing i would like to say over here that we DONT bypass any engine safety parameters EVER. So this answer's alot of questions in your mind.

Unichip is a world wide spread with over 600 dealers and been used in more then 57 countries.This proves the product's reliability
    The Ultimate Power Upgrade
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As They Said.....They Tune New Engines With Total Different Readings And Specs......And It Performs Better Than OEM..

So Definitely There Are Changes Made........Might Be The OEM MAP Will ROB Some power But Keep Wear And Tear And Long Engine Life In Mind Whereas The Customized Map Will Squeeze Out More Power But On Other Hand Will Not Be As Reliable Regarding Wear And Tear....!

Its A Total User's Choice.....How He want It......Some Need performance...Some Need economy.......Everything Came With A Drawback So Its For Sure But If It Run Under Normal A/F Ratio.....It Will Do All Fine....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ALL my respected

UNICHIP Installed in Corolla 13L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in Performance -1170695

friends,Unichip is a Performance Computer Module,to control over your engine parameters.NOT to break it down.

When no one thinks how much dust will go into engine when installing a Aftermarket Air Filters and how much back pressure will be drop after having a downpipe ( which is very imp to have, help closing the engine valves in high rpms ) and lots of other mods.

I might be rude here but friends if you can't say good about anything then saying nothing would be better.
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unichip is just another type of piggyback engine control unit! very simple it has nothing to do with robing power or damaging the engine! if your tuner knows what MBT one should look for and what is the best AFR range for NA engines he can tune it to maximum potential maximum safety and maximum life! period end of story
    Honda Tuning Solutions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    aCar. Its the best and keeps in mind each and everything before calculating the mileage. Try it on google play store market.
    My car does 13 in city and 18 on highway if i calculate manually / roughly like most of the people do here lolzzzzz ;-). It even warns you of fraud at fuel station after 2 to 3 data entries subject to you enter the profile of that station and use it regularly. It is a must have. Try it and leave your feed back here only after fully exploring it as it has a lot of options and features.......
    true dat

btw does this app just works by turning it on in car or u need to switch the cell to car in anyway for it to work?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MAXTORQUE
    i had a query but i think u have disabled the PM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a question for yasir
    do you tune open loop the whole map? or did u just tuned for WOT? and if you tuned open how did you turn off the closed loop is there any option in unichip?
    Honda Tuning Solutions

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    Unichip is just another type of piggyback engine control unit! very simple it has nothing to do with robing power or damaging the engine! if your tuner knows what MBT one should look for and what is the best AFR range for NA engines he can tune it to maximum potential maximum safety and maximum life! period end of story
    thanks
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    @MAXTORQUE
    i had a query but i think u have disabled the PM
    Email is always welcome at Unichip

info@unichip.pk

thanks
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    i have a question for yasir
    do you tune open loop the whole map? or did u just tuned for WOT? and if you tuned open how did you turn off the closed loop is there any option in unichip?
    With Unichip we can tune Open and Closed loop both,as well as WOT.

Unichip has 3D map ( For fuel,timing,boost and many others fuctions ) just like all other Stand alone management system in the market.

We call it piggyback but it has the power of any standalone system in the market.Why dont we meet some day and discuss more about the product.

regards
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Email is always welcome at Unichip

info@unichip.pk

thanks
    it was a small query n a confusion
    but well,email it is....sent

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Sir aap mere 40k lagwa k dum lenge

Anyhow I ll wait for the tank to drain completely n ur final verdict.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    40k pre ka kia krna
    get this one in ur 1.6 gli auto

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    it was a small query n a confusion
    but well,email it is....sent
    Email replied
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    I'm also using acar. awesome app. i have the basic version not the pro one though.
    Almost everyone in Pakistan is doing corruption to the extent they can. Our leaders are doing at the level they can do. So why should we complain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Email replied
    where's the shop located in i8 markaz?
    i might visit sometime for the diagnosis as currently it gives 8kmpl

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fuel Average increased from an Average of 8.5-9 Km/l to 11.6 to 12 Km/l.

Please note that this average is after the installation and first intial tune of UniChip and with a heavy foot (I was enjoying the power). I filled the tank way before it touched the final mark as I had to travel to Islamabad on the weekend. I am sure it can further improve if I drive with a light foot but am not in the mood right now, atleast till the time I dont get the full power/potential out of this baby (@MAXTORQUE - Please note )

Will report the Fuel average after the 2nd tune which was done on Saturday and pictures of which are to follow after this post. Enjoy.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Second TuneUp on this Saturday
    Weather was awesome and so was the mood and comitment of @MAXTORQUE We played with the VVTi and screwed out some more juice from the car. I have really started to enjoy the whole process and the responsiveness of the engine to our commands.

This time I got some pictures of the Tune Up process with the permission of @MAXTORQUE.

Rest, pictures will do the talking. Please mention @MAXTORQUE in your quries so that they can be answered properly and effictively.

Will report the fuel average after this 2nd tuning as well.

Enjoy.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

User Tag List