Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Aoa PW fellow members and friends,

I test drove the Gli 1.3 L last year before actually buying a new one because every one said that its underpowered, it doesnt have appropriate pickUp/Power, it is not responsive and so on.
    Well, I acknowldege all of the above!!
    Since I test drove my friends GLi, so I seconded all the issues but still had to buy GLi because there was one BIG issue which I had no solution to and that was "My Wife" ........ She liked the looks of Corolla.........and I had to go for its looks the same way I did at the time of my Marriage which I usually refer to as a Mirage. Lols....... Well, jokes apart.

I have been driving my GLi since Septemeber last year and was seriously thinking to sell it and get an Altis just because of one reason..............Under Powered interms of PickUp/intial accleration and very poor responsiveness to the accelarator pedal. Then I came to know about Unichip. I visited thier website (Unichip.pk) and thier international global website (Vehicle Fine-Tune | Chip Tuning | Unichip Home). I latter on called them and took appointment. Today after a detailed brain storming session with Mr. Yasir (Owner of Unichip distribution in Pakistan and a very technical engine tuner), I finally got this system installed.

Won't go in details as to what it is and how it works? It's already mentioned in detail on thier website. Just Three Words.
    MY CAR ROCKS after the installation.
    Its a long process. The main part is building up the MAP for your car's engine. They are very expert tuners and basically adjust the low end torque, ignition timing and a lot of other things etc.
    I am really surprised as how much responsiveness my car has gained. The driveability experience has improved by 100%. For example, In 3rd gear at 40Km/Hr speed, the car gives a sudden feeling of accleration on depressing the pedal even with a light foot which by the way Gli does'nt give on even the first gear. PickUp issue has obviously been resolved and there is no lag between depressing the accelartor and engines response. It also improves the fuel average.
    I drove back from Islamabad to Rawalpindi trying and testing different scenarios with the car and found it to be perfect.

I highly recomend everyone to get this thing installed. It works like Magic.
    Highly impressed by the system and the technical know how of Mr. Yasir.
    Here a few pictures I shot during the installation. Couldn't take the pictures of tuning session (MAP building) as it rained and hailed like anything in Islamabad today.
    My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change (which is the first thing everyone does after getting a car). Its definetly a MUST HAVE Upgrade.
    Will report the fuel average on next top up.
    Enjoy.

2nd performance tuning Pictures + Fuel average Pictures Updated on Page 12

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syedburhanahmad View Post
    Can i get it installed in alto 1000cc and is the shop available in lahore
    Quote Originally Posted by hasooboy View Post
    I don't think so it's only supported in cars which have ecu

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
    It works with the ECU which only the Efi cars have.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sammad_kh View Post
    "My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change"

Ahem! I wont recommend that lol!
    I wouldn't either if I hadn't tried it!!!
    You have to experience before commenting with a lol....... or be privileged from others experience
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Man you guys are stubborn........ Lolz. .
    Just call or email them.
    How can I tell you the price?
    It depends on how much time and sweat they spend on your car. Neither am I experienced enough nor I know about your cars condition.
    Please don't mind my answer............its an ethical commitment with my self conscious. Please call them, they'll guide you good.
    By the way, there giving away rs.5000 discount and tomorrows the last day for that.
    even if the discount is 20%, then the price comes out to be Rs. 25,000

and if the discount is 10%, then its Rs. 50,000.....

not going to have it in my car. i am happy with it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonMotorSports View Post
    i see mohsin in the pic a very good electrician! nice to see him with you yasir
    Ya he is working with me since start
    The Ultimate Power Upgrade
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't forget to share the before and after average for milage that you're getting. I'm curious if the increased power means that you will get less milage or not.
    Secondly, since you are using it and I am sure they explained everthing to you pretty well. Does the UNICHIP come with some sort of warranty? Will it void the original car warranty? Will they be responsible for the vehicle in case of any mishap/electrical failure/ECU damage etc?
    Do keep updating this threading as and when you get the time.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    Don't forget to share the before and after average for milage that you're getting. I'm curious if the increased power means that you will get less milage or not.
    Secondly, since you are using it and I am sure they explained everthing to you pretty well. Does the UNICHIP come with some sort of warranty? Will it void the original car warranty? Will they be responsible for the vehicle in case of any mishap/electrical failure/ECU damage etc?

Yes we offer 2 years replace warranty of Unichip.

about mileage see this link Unichip.pk - Promise

about OEM warranty let me explain,it might be in very much detail

Will the Unichip void my vehicle's warranty?
    Short answer - No

Long answer - There are two parts to this question. First, will your vehicle's OEM void your warranty if they find the Unichip on your vehicle? Second, will you vehicle's OEM find the Unichip on your vehicle/ Legally, no manufacturer can void a warranty because of the use of aftermarket parts or service so "legally" even if the OEM finds the Unichip, they can't void the warranty; you may find yourself suing the OEM to make the point however.

That makes the second question the more important in the real world. The Unichip makes no physical or electronic change to any of your vehicle's systems so there are no "footprints" remaining for the OEM to use to raise any questions.

Technical answer - Under US Federal Law, specifically the Moss-Magnusson Act of 1975, no manufacturer of any consumer product including automobiles may void their warranty because a customer uses non-OEM parts or service unless they can prove to the US FTC that those parts or that service caused the warranty problem. Legally, just because your vehicle's OEM might find the Unichip on your vehicle they may not void your warranty. Obviously, that doesn't mean OEM's can't and don't tell customers that their warranty is voided when they find modifications. The practical issue, then, is will the OEM know you have installed the Unichip.

Most aftermarket engine management system change engine performance by changing the data in the OEM ECU so that it responds differently. Every time the OEM ECU is reprogrammed, it records the event which means every time you use a reflash downloader, the OEM ECU records a footprint that you have been playing around. Whenever you take your vehicle in for service, the first thing the dealer does is download the ECU's data and when they do, they see all of the footprints. Most downloaders give you the ability to reprogram the ECU back to stock, but the footprint isn't the data so reprogramming the ECU doesn't help... in fact, now the ECU reports two reprogrammings not one.

The Unichip, on the other hand, leaves no electronic, electrical, or physical trace, or footprint it has been installed once removed. In fact, there is no electrical or electronic footprint even when the Unichip is installed and operating although obviously it's there to be seen if you leave it installed when your go to the dealer.

There are two schools of thought among car dealers... those who encourage - and even help - their customers to play with their vehicles and those who don't. Which school your dealer subscribes to is obviously something only you can determine.

We actually sell a lot of kits to dealers who install the parts for their customers. If you have a dealer that supports and encourages modifications, you can leave the Unichip installed when you take your car in for service and it won't interfere with or change anything while they do their work. They can reprogram the OEM ECU, scan and download the OEM ECU, and do anything else they want and will never see any changes because of the Unichip. They also can't inadvertently erase or change the data within the Unichip because unique hardware and software is required to program the Unichip.

If your dealer doesn't support modifications, or if you're unsure and unwilling to take a chance, you can remove the Unichip in just a few minutes before you take your vehicle in. Once the system has been removed, there are no footprints of any kind remaining to raise any questions. Regardless of what tools the dealers may be using, it's impossible for them to see the Unichip was ever installed.
    The Ultimate Power Upgrade
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    @MAXTORQUE has very well explained your query.
    Just tell me Bro...........Do you know changing tires voids warranty for your shocks and suspension? Installing Security Alarm and even tracker voids your electrical system warranty........and the list goes on to after market performance parts such as air filters, spark plugs etc etc....... You can verify this info from Toyota and Honda the two Top brands of Pakistan.
    This system just acts as a piggy bag and to date it has not been detected by any companies programmer/scanner. Its just a MAP bro, it won't burn your car.
    Your second query regarding Power and fuel consumption......Its not like you are perceiving it. Increased power doesn't in any way mean increased or even decreased fuel consumption. Talk to these guys, they can explain it better than me. Rest, time will tell when I top up again. I shall report InshaAllah.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by misteek View Post
    even if the discount is 20%, then the price comes out to be Rs. 25,000

and if the discount is 10%, then its Rs. 50,000.....

not going to have it in my car. i am happy with it
    Baaz aa ja ........... Baaz aa ja lolz. Just Kidding.

Stop guessing by picking up tit$ and bits from my posts and just talk to them Bro. There a call away. They'll tell you the exact price according to the work required.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can u pm how much u paid for it?
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont see the ethical implication of hiding the price. i know prices vary from car to car.. how about you share your cars so we get an idea.. im finding it very weird that you bought a product and are hesitating to mention its price... my brain is just not accepting the logic.. havent you in past disclosed price of any product ?
    there can be 2 things..
    either you got a very big discount and dont want to tell or the price is very unreasonable ^^
    Drugs cause amnesia, and other things I can't remember

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    i dont see the ethical implication of hiding the price. i know prices vary from car to car.. how about you share your cars so we get an idea.. im finding it very weird that you bought a product and are hesitating to mention its price... my brain is just not accepting the logic.. havent you in past disclosed price of any product ?
    there can be 2 things..
    either you got a very big discount and dont want to tell or the price is very unreasonable ^^
    +1 i second u on this as i also got a similar car but i really dont like this pm pm game.

@op had this been coming from some1 else I would hv called it an advertising trick. Btw ur JOKES APART part in the first para cracked me up

PS I want u to disclose the price like u did for ur genset.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Baaz aa ja ........... Baaz aa ja lolz. Just Kidding.

Stop guessing by picking up tit$ and bits from my posts and just talk to them Bro. There a call away. They'll tell you the exact price according to the work required.
    lolz!!! ok sure

i just made a guess because i was not interested in the product at the first place, not because it may not b good but because i am not in a position to spend extra money on my car. so please dont mind

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PM me the price and i will tell everyone here

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    there can be 2 things..
    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    +1 i second u on this as i also got a similar car but i really dont like this pm pm game.

@op had this been coming from some1 else I would hv called it an advertising trick. Btw ur JOKES APART part in the first para cracked me up

PS I want u to disclose the price like u did for ur genset.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    lolz!!! ok sure

i just made a guess because i was not interested in the product at the first place, not because it may not b good but because i am not in a position to spend extra money on my car. so please dont mind
    PM me the price and i will tell everyone here
    Sub nay mil kar ghair leya hai mujhey . Zalimoo........ Bari bari aoo na
    Yar baray deeht ho saray qasam say................lolzzzzzz.
    OK........I surrender.
    I'll tell you the price that I paid and it doesn't mean that you should expect to get it in the same price.......your price might be same, higher or even lower. The ethical implication was that there are all sorts of people in this world and I don't want anyone to go and argue for price referring my name. It might not be such a big issue but for me, it is! That's how I am and that's how I was raised to be and have no regrets on this matter.
    Prices variation depends on engine power, condition, tuning requirements, performance modifications, specific user request etc and discount as well . today was the last day for discount of rs. 5000. I got it in 40K inclusive of discount. My car was in stock condition except for the tires . no performance modifications and the engine new (less than 3000km driven).
    Still I recommend to FOR GODS SAKE call them, they'll guide you better.
    I literally enjoy every bit of money I spent on this thing when ever I press the throttle and car tells me to rape me........... Lolzzzzzz.
    Highly recommended product.
    @dms664. I am overwhelmed by your consideration for me, otherwise I can only guess............. Would've been your gun and my a$$? You angry young moron....... Lolzzzzzz
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Every one has its own ideas of what is ethical and what is not ethical. I think that the thread creator is not ethical as he is trying to convince us of buying a product with out telling its price. How can we judge the value without knowing the price + performance. The perceived performance has been explained and it may be a good gesture on his part but without price I will take it with a grain of salt. Maybe just like a paid advertisement.
    In case if I have bought such a thing. I would try to get the best possible price for the thing and then will share it with every one in order to make sure that all of my Pakwheels brothers get the better deal or atleast some thing on which I have bought the thing.
    I wont consider it unethical but helpful to fellow members as its a public forum and they should know the price so that no body can fool them but in the end I would only like to repeat my opening statement "Every one has its own ideas of what is ethical and what is not ethical." Peace

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by xain View Post
    Every one has its own ideas of what is ethical and what is not ethical. I think that the thread creator is not ethical as he is trying to convince us of buying a product with out telling its price. How can we judge the value without knowing the price + performance. The perceived performance has been explained and it may be a good gesture on his part but without price I will take it with a grain of salt. Maybe just like a paid advertisement.
    In case if I have bought such a thing. I would try to get the best possible price for the thing and then will share it with every one in order to make sure that all of my Pakwheels brothers get the better deal or atleast some thing on which I have bought the thing.
    I wont consider it unethical but helpful to fellow members as its a public forum and they should know the price so that no body can fool them but in the end I would only like to repeat my opening statement "Every one has its own ideas of what is ethical and what is not ethical." Peace
    Bro kindly read the post above yours. I have disclosed the price.
    You are right about everyone having its own ideas of what's ethical and what's not. Its called the diversity in human race. Everyone would've been the same if this was not the case and this world would be a havoc.
    And this thread has nothing to do with any marketing stratagy . visit my profile and threads I've opened to date. I only share various experiences for the delight and facilitation of fellow members........everyone has the right to differ cause as you mentioned before.......its an open forum. Stay blessed and enjoy the variety around you
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it will **** car wiring and gli is very fuel efficent car and it will destroy its fuel average. is kit sy zyada petrol injection hota hai nothing else jst like chipping honda obd1 ecu
    Muhammad Ali Murad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliam_786 View Post
    it will **** car wiring and gli is very fuel efficent car and it will destroy its fuel average. is kit sy zyada petrol injection hota hai nothing else jst like chipping honda obd1 ecu
    All I can do is smile at you...........like this
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro kindly read the post above yours. I have disclosed the price.
    You are right about everyone having its own ideas of what's ethical and what's not. Its called the diversity in human race. Everyone would've been the same if this was not the case and this world would be a havoc.
    And this thread has nothing to do with any marketing stratagy . visit my profile and threads I've opened to date. I only share various experiences for the delight and facilitation of fellow members........everyone has the right to differ cause as you mentioned before.......its an open forum. Stay blessed and enjoy the variety around you
    @tausifs thats the spirit Keep it up and lets help each other where we can.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Altis 1.6 jitna bhagay ge ya nahi ?