Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Aoa PW fellow members and friends,

I test drove the Gli 1.3 L last year before actually buying a new one because every one said that its underpowered, it doesnt have appropriate pickUp/Power, it is not responsive and so on.
    Well, I acknowldege all of the above!!
    Since I test drove my friends GLi, so I seconded all the issues but still had to buy GLi because there was one BIG issue which I had no solution to and that was "My Wife" ........ She liked the looks of Corolla.........and I had to go for its looks the same way I did at the time of my Marriage which I usually refer to as a Mirage. Lols....... Well, jokes apart.

I have been driving my GLi since Septemeber last year and was seriously thinking to sell it and get an Altis just because of one reason..............Under Powered interms of PickUp/intial accleration and very poor responsiveness to the accelarator pedal. Then I came to know about Unichip. I visited thier website (Unichip.pk) and thier international global website (Vehicle Fine-Tune | Chip Tuning | Unichip Home). I latter on called them and took appointment. Today after a detailed brain storming session with Mr. Yasir (Owner of Unichip distribution in Pakistan and a very technical engine tuner), I finally got this system installed.

Won't go in details as to what it is and how it works? It's already mentioned in detail on thier website. Just Three Words.
    MY CAR ROCKS after the installation.
    Its a long process. The main part is building up the MAP for your car's engine. They are very expert tuners and basically adjust the low end torque, ignition timing and a lot of other things etc.
    I am really surprised as how much responsiveness my car has gained. The driveability experience has improved by 100%. For example, In 3rd gear at 40Km/Hr speed, the car gives a sudden feeling of accleration on depressing the pedal even with a light foot which by the way Gli does'nt give on even the first gear. PickUp issue has obviously been resolved and there is no lag between depressing the accelartor and engines response. It also improves the fuel average.
    I drove back from Islamabad to Rawalpindi trying and testing different scenarios with the car and found it to be perfect.

I highly recomend everyone to get this thing installed. It works like Magic.
    Highly impressed by the system and the technical know how of Mr. Yasir.
    Here a few pictures I shot during the installation. Couldn't take the pictures of tuning session (MAP building) as it rained and hailed like anything in Islamabad today.
    My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change (which is the first thing everyone does after getting a car). Its definetly a MUST HAVE Upgrade.
    Will report the fuel average on next top up.
    Enjoy.

2nd performance tuning Pictures + Fuel average Pictures Updated on Page 12

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 5555 View Post
    im getting 13 in city and it use to give 15 plus on highway my car is 56000kms driven
    you agree or not that's up to you
    I have Proof.............and you? lolzzzz. Just kidding bro. What can i say bro?
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhawaleed View Post
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <wunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <waveIfXMLInvalid>false</waveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <woNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <wnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> <wplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <wontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <wontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <wontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> I like this alteration but what I don?t like the idea of electrician making alternation in your original wirings and honestly normal electricians available don?t know to wire as well as manufacturer does or even close to it. Like, Alternator has an Alt-S fuse which provides reference Voltage to the alternator. What?s the guarantee that new electrician will bypass the fuse for his convenience or similar 10?s of fuses in fuse box. Electrician made a small alteration in my Honda City idsi by installing the fog lights three years after I was driving the vehicle and after passing through speed breaker, there was fire inside the car. I pulled my car and once I diagnosed then I realized that he has installed a relay in a way that basically kills the purpose of a relay. Positive and Negative wire for power were brought inside the dashboard where both of them shorted because of heavy load and started burning other systems around. Thanks God we and car was saved but I was very annoyed once I realized his mistake. If someone can install the unichip box in most safest and easily accessible places along with wiring enclosed in proper looms and connected with original fuses such that system can easily be disconnected then I would recommend this alteration otherwise I would my simple answer is no.
    By the way, it?s a major alteration not a joke for any xyz electrician who only know how to connect two wiring.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size; mso-tstyle-colband-size; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-altin 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-topin; mso-para-margin-rightin; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-leftin; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Hooooo Bro. You precieved a lot of things by yourself after seeing a few pictures. You even figured out the wires he was playing with . Wow man, I am impressed. Bro this is not some ordinary electrition sitting on the foot path and waiting for a customer. These are professional people trained and worked abroad. Dont you see the book in front of him? and NO its not a major change/alteration.

Please guys you've got to stop presuming things. Thats why I said to consult the company themselve. Just call them......they'll guide you better.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont need to proof any thing
    i can show you average less than even 9km/l by continously changing gears at 5000plus rpms
    fuel average depends on driving behaviour what ever the car is

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

im getting 13 in city and it use to give 15 plus on highway my car is 56000kms driven
    you agree or not that's up to you
    Ur car is not fuel efficent bro my car gives around 13 in city and 18 on highway

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i can show you average less than even 9km/l by continously changing gears at 5000plus rpms
    I am not a good driver . I wonder........
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    I am not a good driver . I wonder........
    Yes and ur car is also faulty

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post

Oh My!!!...........Main tabha Ho gya, Barbad Ho gya, Lout gya......... Lolzzzz man.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post

+1

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

OK bro seriously, jokes apart. I've seen a lot of people here on PW claiming 13 in city and a few claiming 9 in city. Its like two mind sets. I don't understand this. Either people quoting 13 are hiding something or the ones quoting 9 are trying to prove something, maybe vice versa.
    All I know is what I have experienced. I am a very calm driver. New car (3000 km on odo), shifting gears at 2200 to 2300rpm, no sudden acceleration and no excessive braking. Daily drive about 12 to 14 km in city normal traffic.............and this is the mileage I get?
    I wonder what's the issue? My baleno gives 9 in city too. City prosmatic gives around 11 in city and civic reborn daily to isloo around 12.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh My!!!...........Main tabha Ho gya, Barbad Ho gya, Lout gya......... Lolzzzz man.
    Hehehe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm
    i read their thread,they said u will get max economy if u keep a light foot n max power on depressing the race,but you are enjoying the power which you desired then i dont think it will be fuel efficient too...it cant be both at same time
    its strange that you had been hiding the price,but i know the price already
    i would have tried it but the price it may not be cost effective unless you drive alot

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Tausif bro I can see from the software you were getting 9 km/l where you drove your car only 3000 km in almost 6 to seven months. I assume your mostly driving short trips that too in the city. If assumption is correct then fuel consumption is always at higher side for short trips.

I have xli and it is giving me 14.5 to 15.5 during winter and 12.5 to 13 in summers with average of 2500 km per month it's 2012 feb delivered having 26k on clock with fuel average recorded on diary from day one.

I will call them 2mro to get the idea but they must be compromising something to gain power. Hope your enjoying it but with you might not be able to share average of yor car soon as you will take almost a month to finish 1 tank :-)
    May Allah give us strength to extend happiness around us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    hmmm
    i read their thread,they said u will get max economy if u keep a light foot n max power on depressing the race,but you are enjoying the power which you desired then i dont think it will be fuel efficient too...it cant be both at same time
    its strange that you had been hiding the price,but i know the price already
    i would have tried it but the price it may not be cost effective unless you drive alot
    Will report fuel average once I find out myself.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will report fuel average once I find out myself.
    how r u driving btw?
    enjoying the power or low rpm shifts?
    i have noticed that on my car on petrol,even if i drive at 2k 3k or 4k,i get same average lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post
    Hi Tausif bro I can see from the software you were getting 9 km/l where you drove your car only 3000 km in almost 6 to seven months. I assume your mostly driving short trips that too in the city. If assumption is correct then fuel consumption is always at higher side for short trips.

I have xli and it is giving me 14.5 to 15.5 during winter and 12.5 to 13 in summers with average of 2500 km per month it's 2012 feb delivered having 26k on clock with fuel average recorded on diary from day one.

I will call them 2mro to get the idea but they must be compromising something to gain power. Hope your enjoying it but with you might not be able to share average of yor car soon as you will take almost a month to finish 1 tank :-)
    Yes please talk to them. And I request you to ask them this fuel and power question and post their reply here. I want someone else to tell here where the extra power is coming from (at the cost of fuel or at the cost of something else). Though I already know the answer. But still, I want you to post it here.
    About short trips. Yes I have short trips. Pindi is a small pind , what do you expect. I'll share the average whenever I'll get the chance. Thanks for your detailed reply. Do talk to Yasir tomorrow.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    how r u driving btw?
    enjoying the power or low rpm shifts?
    i have noticed that on my car on petrol,even if i drive at 2k 3k or 4k,i get same average lol
    I am a very calm driver. I am enjoying its responsiveness in 3rd gear at 40 km/hr speed........that's how I am driving........
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes please talk to them. And I request you to ask them this fuel and power question and post their reply here. I want someone else to tell here where the extra power is coming from (at the cost of fuel or at the cost of something else). Though I already know the answer. But still, I want you to post it here.
    About short trips. Yes I have short trips. Pindi is a small pind , what do you expect. I'll share the average whenever I'll get the chance. Thanks for your detailed reply. Do talk to Yasir tomorrow.
    Me too living in this small pind :-)
    May Allah give us strength to extend happiness around us

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean View Post

How much will my gas mileage improve with the Unichip?
    • Short answer - Your normally aspirated, gasoline vehicle will produce more power and consume less fuel with the Unichip than without it, but how that changes average mileage depends on a number of variables including your right foot.

• Long answer - Average fuel mileage depends on engine design, emission requirements, fuel grade, and how you drive your vehicle. As with most automotive question, whether you'll see a mileage increase is "it depends." Although possibly counter intuitive, your vehicle's engine always uses the same amount of fuel to make a given amount of power unless it is somehow modified. What actually changes is how much power it makes and how long it makes that power. How much power it makes depends upon multiple variables like the engine's condition, ambient environmental conditions, fuel grade, and accelerator position. How long it makes that power is determined solely by how long you keep the accelerator pushed down and what you ask it to do. If you're not just driving to and from the corner market and do exactly the same thing, with the exact same vehicle, under exactly the same conditions with a correctly tuned Unichip, your vehicle will use less fuel that it does without the Unichip.

• Technical Answer - A vehicle's average mileage depends upon what governmental emission requirements that vehicle was designed to meet and how you use the vehicle. The engine is a surprisingly complex and sophisticated computer controlled machine and to understand why that machine does or does not deliver improved mileage, you have to understand how the system works. Basic engine design, governmental requirements, the OEM's engineering solutions to meet those requirements, and how you drive the vehicle all impact mileage.

Basic engine design
    o Instantaneous fuel economy. The fuel mileage you observe is really the time averaged instantaneous mileage for everything the engine does. Starting, idling, accelerating, decelerating, steady state cruising all require different amounts of fuel to produce the different amount of power need to accomplish that task. The amount of fuel the engine uses to make a level of power is called Brake Specific Fuel Consumption.

Brake Specific Fuel Consumption

• The amount of fuel a particular reciprocating engine uses to make a given amount of power is determined by engine design and for a given design it is a fixed value. Engineers evaluate requirements for the engine, and then choose the shape of the combustion chamber, the compression ratio, etc... all of which combine to produce an amount of power for a given amount of fuel. Stated differently, the amount of fuel a reciprocating engine uses to produce a given amount of power is called Brake Specific Fuel Consumption and is expressed by the equation

Brake Specific Fuel Consumption = Pounds fuel used divided by horsepower-hours
    or

BSFC = lb / hp-h

• What this equation means is:

o A given engine always consumes exactly the same amount of fuel to make a specific amount of power for a specific amount of time.
    o A given engine may have different a BSFC at a different power levels.
    o A given engine has only one "peak" BSFC which corresponds to the lowest mathematical ratio... that is the lowest fuel used to produce the most power. Every other BSFC is worse than that peak value for that engine.

• What this equation does not mean is:

o A given engine consumes the same amount of fuel under all conditions. If you ask the engine to make more power - or make the same amount of power for a longer time - without modifying it, it uses more fuel. If you ask it to make less power - or make the same amount of power for a shorter time - without modifying it, it uses less fuel.
    o One BSFC is "ideal." Every road engine is a compromise intended to provide a good average across a number of requirements. A particular engine's BSFC for idea power is different from that same engine's minimum fuel consumption BSFC, which is probably different from its minimum emissions BSFC.

• Virtually all production road vehicle engines are set richer than optimum under Open Loop conditions and can be leaned out to yield a smaller - that is changed to as to use less fuel to make the same amount of power - BSFC value.

• The only way to change an engine's BSFC at a specific power level is to physically modify the engine (raise the compression, add a supercharger, modify the ECU, etc...).

Average fuel economy
    Everyone who logs their fuel mileage knows that their vehicle's mileage changes from one tank to another. Since BSFC doesn't change unless the engine is modified, something else must be causing the mileage change. That something isn't the engine compartment, or in the ECU, it's in the mirror. What you do with your vehicle changes how much power you ask from the engine and how long it makes that power.

• Were you driving with the air conditioning on one trip and off on another?

• Was the vehicle weighed down with a heavy load on the first trip and empty on the second?

• Were you well above the speed limit on one but at the limit at the other?

• Were you slugging through two feet of snow on the first test and on a sunny spring day on the second?

The time average of instantaneous BSFC for a particular engine is what you see as for average fuel economy. If an engine of fixed design and control maps has to work at high power levels it operates at a higher BSFC and will deliver lower economy. If it has to work at low power levels it operates at lower BSFC and will deliver higher economy.

Every time you drive, you command a different power level for a different amount of time which means that every trip is an average of a "unique" set of instantaneous BSFC's.

Governmental Requirements

Emissions reduction - The second factor affecting fuel mileage has nothing to do with basic engine operation, but is an artificial requirement imposed by society on all gasoline Otto-cycle engines that are road legal to minimize exhaust emissions.

As a society, we decided reducing pollution is a major consideration and have implemented requirements for street vehicles such that they spend most of their operating time at in an environmentally friendly mode.

In the 1996 the Federal Government mandated all vehicles intended for street use meet OBD2 standards which include emissions requirements that all OEM's must meet including mandatory stoichiometric emissions for most driving conditions.

Air-to-Fuel Ratio

While BSFC is viable engineering concept, a closely related measurement is much more easily measurable that is more commonly talked about is Air-to-Fuel Ratio, or AFR. While BSFC expresses fuel consumption relative to power, it's difficult to measure without a dynamometer but AFR can be measured directly from the engine exhaust. Rather than expressing fuel consumption relative to power, AFR expresses fuel consumption as a byproduct of the chemical reaction within the combustion chamber... a less precise measurement but much easier to obtain.
    The Ultimate Power Upgrade
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    but this product claims that it will make it more fuel efficient. fingers crossed for OP's verdict on this after he observes the mileage. Fear of the dark is that it will consume more fuel after ecu got chipped. But if it consumes less fuel than before coupled with increased response that what else we want.

I will not call the Gli as underpowered as I have took it to PAF base kalabagh (Nathyagali) with full load. It climbed without any prob BUT yes Gli is sluggish in terms of initial acceleration/pick. I even installed Iridium plugs for that which just improved it a little.

I have saved some amount (more or less the same as OP's stated about the charges of this device) for buying a good branded head unit but I will drop that idea n buy this thing after observing such like feed-backs but like I mentioned before the power should not come at the cost of economy.
    With the Unichip piggy back ECU, no changes are made within the vehicle?s original standard engine management system and thus all the safety parameters as set by the manufacturer remain in place. There is no tampering with these original safety parameters, including cold start and knock sensors, water and air temperature sensors, and oxygen sensors or the inadvertent and costly altering of these as sometimes can occur due to operator error.
    Unichip also offers some crucial advantages over generic ?re-flash? chips. Firstly, even if you ?re-flash? your standard engine management system (EMS) back to the standard settings prior to service work, the EMS logs how many times it has been re-flashed and this is easily detected by the main dealer?s diagnostic equipment. Frequently, the uprated code of the ?reflash? is overwritten during main dealer servicing, so your upgrade as well as your warranty could be immediately removed.
    Once the Unichip is installed, it leaves no electronic ?footprint?, and this also applies should you want to remove the unit, unlike when you program the standard ECU with a re-flash programmer, the ECU knows and records that it has been reprogrammed.
    Secondly, being universal, when you sell your car, you can remove your Unichip and then have it installed on your next car ? as it can simply be remapped by your Unichip dealer. Or you can choose to sell it onto a fellow owner ? something that you simply can?t do with a OBD reflash that?s around the same price as the Unichip piggy back ECU! Bearing in this in mind, the Unichip represents excellent value.
    The Ultimate Power Upgrade
    www.unichip.pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@MAXTORQUE Thanks bro for saving my a$$. .......... Lolzzzzz.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List