Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Aoa PW fellow members and friends,

I test drove the Gli 1.3 L last year before actually buying a new one because every one said that its underpowered, it doesnt have appropriate pickUp/Power, it is not responsive and so on.
    Well, I acknowldege all of the above!!
    Since I test drove my friends GLi, so I seconded all the issues but still had to buy GLi because there was one BIG issue which I had no solution to and that was "My Wife" ........ She liked the looks of Corolla.........and I had to go for its looks the same way I did at the time of my Marriage which I usually refer to as a Mirage. Lols....... Well, jokes apart.

I have been driving my GLi since Septemeber last year and was seriously thinking to sell it and get an Altis just because of one reason..............Under Powered interms of PickUp/intial accleration and very poor responsiveness to the accelarator pedal. Then I came to know about Unichip. I visited thier website (Unichip.pk) and thier international global website (Vehicle Fine-Tune | Chip Tuning | Unichip Home). I latter on called them and took appointment. Today after a detailed brain storming session with Mr. Yasir (Owner of Unichip distribution in Pakistan and a very technical engine tuner), I finally got this system installed.

Won't go in details as to what it is and how it works? It's already mentioned in detail on thier website. Just Three Words.
    MY CAR ROCKS after the installation.
    Its a long process. The main part is building up the MAP for your car's engine. They are very expert tuners and basically adjust the low end torque, ignition timing and a lot of other things etc.
    I am really surprised as how much responsiveness my car has gained. The driveability experience has improved by 100%. For example, In 3rd gear at 40Km/Hr speed, the car gives a sudden feeling of accleration on depressing the pedal even with a light foot which by the way Gli does'nt give on even the first gear. PickUp issue has obviously been resolved and there is no lag between depressing the accelartor and engines response. It also improves the fuel average.
    I drove back from Islamabad to Rawalpindi trying and testing different scenarios with the car and found it to be perfect.

I highly recomend everyone to get this thing installed. It works like Magic.
    Highly impressed by the system and the technical know how of Mr. Yasir.
    Here a few pictures I shot during the installation. Couldn't take the pictures of tuning session (MAP building) as it rained and hailed like anything in Islamabad today.
    My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change (which is the first thing everyone does after getting a car). Its definetly a MUST HAVE Upgrade.
    Will report the fuel average on next top up.
    Enjoy.

2nd performance tuning Pictures + Fuel average Pictures Updated on Page 12

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Lolzzzz. or your Xli might have been hyper tuned in factory
    @Tausif & Newton
    I have Gli 2011, whereas my uncle has Xli 2011. There is a lot of difference in the accelaration. Xli seems much much more responsive than my Gli. Whereas my friend's 2009 Gli and mine are the same in terms of being sluggish and the response lag!..
    Any 1 has ever felt this difference ???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    @Tausif & Newton
    I have Gli 2011, whereas my uncle has Xli 2011. There is a lot of difference in the accelaration. Xli seems much much more responsive than my Gli. Whereas my friend's 2009 Gli and mine are the same in terms of being sluggish and the response lag!..
    Any 1 has ever felt this difference ???
    Bro First of all.......... Love you
    I was literally waiting for such a brilliant observer!! Hats off to people here who never noticed that
    I didn't mention this fact before because it would had started a fight here. As per my knowledge, which can be wrong obviously................... Gli 1.3 and Gli 1.6 have got analog sensors....the ECU has to convert that analog signal to digital to be able to read it and that lag contributes towards the slow and unresponsive behaviour of the great GLI's. Whereas in XLI and Altis the sensors used are digital hence no lag time for the ECU to convert them. Digital sensors speak the same language as the ECU listens.
    This is very strange and beyond my logical comprehension as to why Indus has done so. May be its something related to increase/promote sales of a specific model.
    Please anyone correct me if I am wrong about this. @MAXTORQUE......... If you can comment regarding this issue.........
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ps. Digital sensors are expensive than Analog sensors.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

y wud they use expensive item in xli when its cheaper as compared to gli

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    y wud they use expensive item in xli when its cheaper as compared to gli
    Exactly........ this is what I fail to understand.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Someone needs to check part nos of sensors from xli, gli and altis and post here. It would be helpful.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was literally waiting for such a brilliant observer!! Hats off to people here who never noticed that
    I didn't mention this fact before because it would had started a fight here. As per my knowledge, which can be wrong obviously................... Gli 1.3 and Gli 1.6 have got analog sensors....the ECU has to convert that analog signal to digital to be able to read it and that lag contributes towards the slow and unresponsive behaviour of the great GLI's. Whereas in XLI and Altis the sensors used are digital hence no lag time for the ECU to convert them. Digital sensors speak the same language as the ECU listens.
    This is very strange and beyond my logical comprehension as to why Indus has done so. May be its something related to increase/promote sales of a specific model.
    Please anyone correct me if I am wrong about this. @MAXTORQUE......... If you can comment regarding this issue.........
    After reading your comment I specially requested my neighbour to test drove its glory which is 2012 and I had xli 2009 (sold last day) there is noticeable in fact remarkable difference in pick of both the cars and xli take the lead in didn't got what'd the mystery behind this the technically difference between both cars is Abs only isn't it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZEEMMAJEED View Post
    After reading your comment I specially requested my neighbour to test drove its glory which is 2012 and I had xli 2009 (sold last day) there is noticeable in fact remarkable difference in pick of both the cars and xli take the lead in didn't got what'd the mystery behind this the technically difference between both cars is Abs only isn't it
    Thanks for confirming this fact. I told you ........its the sensors. ABS has nothing to do with pick and responsiveness.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I already know this fact. Didn't discuss here cz our dear keyboard warriors would pounce on me like nasty barbarians waiting for their pray Instant fatwaa k main pagal hogya hoon. The reason you mentioned is absolutely correct, Xli has different sensors than GLi, I had Gli 2009 and I literally lost a race against Xli with about 1.5 cars gap!

This happened 5 consecutive times, I may have videos with me as well somewhere. I won't believe that Xli was stock. Until that guy did the same thing with 2 more XLis. lol.

I learned this thingy about sensors from a dear friend who is also a drag racer and loves to play with motors. I didn't confirm it since the knowledge that guy has is usually very credible and owing to what he does all day, I believed him. Now you've mentioned the same thing.

Just for reference, I'll try to get part numbers of sensors of both trims inshALLAH.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for confirming this fact. I told you ........its the sensors. ABS has nothing to do with pick and responsiveness.
    Mention not and whats the improvement in fuel economy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lol ye tou naya khata khul gaya hai

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    I already know this fact. Didn't discuss here cz our dear keyboard warriors would pounce on me like nasty barbarians waiting for their pray Instant fatwaa k main pagal hogya hoon. The reason you mentioned is absolutely correct, Xli has different sensors than GLi, I had Gli 2009 and I literally lost a race against Xli with about 1.5 cars gap!

This happened 5 consecutive times, I may have videos with me as well somewhere. I won't believe that Xli was stock. Until that guy did the same thing with 2 more XLis. lol.

I learned this thingy about sensors from a dear friend who is also a drag racer and loves to play with motors. I didn't confirm it since the knowledge that guy has is usually very credible and owing to what he does all day, I believed him. Now you've mentioned the same thing.

Just for reference, I'll try to get part numbers of sensors of both trims inshALLAH.
    THanks bro for the confirmation. I was waiting a final meeting with maxtorque on 28th after which I decided to announce this publically on this forum with proofs and without caring about the warriors but couldn't resist to give @Ehsan4808 a pat on the shoulder for his finding and fearlessness of posting here . Part no will help. I wonder if part no are different and we switch the sensors.......it would improve gli? And then the unichip over it .......o man, I would start racing then........lolzzzz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZEEMMAJEED View Post
    Mention not and whats the improvement in fuel economy
    BRo, I will paste a pictorial log from the same software when I fill up hopefully by the last week of this month. My daily running is very low (7km/day)
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    Lol ye tou naya khata khul gaya hai

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    LOlzzzzzzz.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mujhay to Sharam hi aa gayi Love you Parh kar ... Lolxxx...
    Seriously mate! Xli in no way feels underpowered , whereas Gli gives the feeler of being underpowered. Thanks for clarifying the sensor role in it.. Now i know the reason. But at the same time thats ********!! we guys spend more than an Xli and still get the underpowerd feeling.. Touching pedal to the metal and still waiting for the car to realise that the pedal has hit the metal !! BIG TIME FAIL !!!

Ok so now that I know that noticing simple things also hold value in this forum. Now 1 more question to Corolla owners! Has anybody felt the seats being much much more softer in GLi as compared to Xli ??... Trust me there is a lot of difference in the stiffness of the foam!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
    Mujhay to Sharam hi aa gayi Love you Parh kar ... Lolxxx...
    Seriously mate! Xli in no way feels underpowered , whereas Gli gives the feeler of being underpowered. Thanks for clarifying the sensor role in it.. Now i know the reason. But at the same time thats ********!! we guys spend more than an Xli and still get the underpowerd feeling.. Touching pedal to the metal and still waiting for the car to realise that the pedal has hit the metal !! BIG TIME FAIL !!!

Ok so now that I know that noticing simple things also hold value in this forum. Now 1 more question to Corolla owners! Has anybody felt the seats being much much more softer in GLi as compared to Xli ??... Trust me there is a lot of difference in the stiffness of the foam!
    Lolzzzzzz. You can expect anything from indus motors when it comes to saving money

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also Confirm What Sensors Make Difference???

1st Thing Which Makes Most Difference Are Not Sensors BUT ECU's.....Check Their Part No And Then HEad Towards Main LOAD Sensors Like MAF , TPS And 02 Sensor(If Any)

Regarding Uni-Chip So Its A Piggy-Back Which Works Side By Side With ECU And Alter Your Fuel Maps........The Injector Duty Cycle And IGN Timing (MAYBE)

What I Don't Get Is How ECU Works As Well As Piggy-Back Side By Sude...As When Installing Piggy Backs.....ECU Readings Are Altered And Piggy Backs Readings Are Actually Implemented . Its Will All Piggy Backs Like VAFC/Safc..Emanage Etc

Sometimes ECU Just Revert Back Piggy Backs Readings To Their OWN As They Read A Difference In Sensor Readouts And Simply Switch Maps....! You Need To Actually Have An Eye On It To Know If Its Really Working Like When Its Putted Or Its Just Running On Placebo Effect.....Wide band Helps You In That Along With Data Logging...!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    490 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If You Have A Pnp Grips For Particular Car So It Won't Alter ECU Wiring....Else You Need Alter In Wiring..

The Way You Describe Like You Can Remove In 5mins Means You Have Pnp Loom And Male/Female Harness To COnnect....This Leaves Your OEM Loom Unaltered...
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No therz no difference in pickup and drive of xli / gli and seats too no diff at all

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Also Confirm What Sensors Make Difference???

1st Thing Which Makes Most Difference Are Not Sensors BUT ECU's.....Check Their Part No And Then HEad Towards Main LOAD Sensors Like MAF , TPS And 02 Sensor(If Any)

Regarding Uni-Chip So Its A Piggy-Back Which Works Side By Side With ECU And Alter Your Fuel Maps........The Injector Duty Cycle And IGN Timing (MAYBE)

What I Don't Get Is How ECU Works As Well As Piggy-Back Side By Sude...As When Installing Piggy Backs.....ECU Readings Are Altered And Piggy Backs Readings Are Actually Implemented . Its Will All Piggy Backs Like VAFC/Safc..Emanage Etc

Sometimes ECU Just Revert Back Piggy Backs Readings To Their OWN As They Read A Difference In Sensor Readouts And Simply Switch Maps....! You Need To Actually Have An Eye On It To Know If Its Really Working Like When Its Putted Or Its Just Running On Placebo Effect.....Wide band Helps You In That Along With Data Logging...!
    there are 2 types of piggybacks
    1) which alters airflowmeter signals and in return you ecu reads from a different cell like the safc/vafc
    2)which actually alters the injector duty cycle and subtracts/adds timing from the timing map for example unichip/emanage etc
    there are many engines that dont respond good to safc/vafc
    Honda Tuning Solutions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List