Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Unichip installed in Corolla 1.3L GLi 2012 with huge enhancement in performance

Aoa PW fellow members and friends,

I test drove the Gli 1.3 L last year before actually buying a new one because every one said that its underpowered, it doesnt have appropriate pickUp/Power, it is not responsive and so on.
    Well, I acknowldege all of the above!!
    Since I test drove my friends GLi, so I seconded all the issues but still had to buy GLi because there was one BIG issue which I had no solution to and that was "My Wife" ........ She liked the looks of Corolla.........and I had to go for its looks the same way I did at the time of my Marriage which I usually refer to as a Mirage. Lols....... Well, jokes apart.

I have been driving my GLi since Septemeber last year and was seriously thinking to sell it and get an Altis just because of one reason..............Under Powered interms of PickUp/intial accleration and very poor responsiveness to the accelarator pedal. Then I came to know about Unichip. I visited thier website (Unichip.pk) and thier international global website (Vehicle Fine-Tune | Chip Tuning | Unichip Home). I latter on called them and took appointment. Today after a detailed brain storming session with Mr. Yasir (Owner of Unichip distribution in Pakistan and a very technical engine tuner), I finally got this system installed.

Won't go in details as to what it is and how it works? It's already mentioned in detail on thier website. Just Three Words.
    MY CAR ROCKS after the installation.
    Its a long process. The main part is building up the MAP for your car's engine. They are very expert tuners and basically adjust the low end torque, ignition timing and a lot of other things etc.
    I am really surprised as how much responsiveness my car has gained. The driveability experience has improved by 100%. For example, In 3rd gear at 40Km/Hr speed, the car gives a sudden feeling of accleration on depressing the pedal even with a light foot which by the way Gli does'nt give on even the first gear. PickUp issue has obviously been resolved and there is no lag between depressing the accelartor and engines response. It also improves the fuel average.
    I drove back from Islamabad to Rawalpindi trying and testing different scenarios with the car and found it to be perfect.

I highly recomend everyone to get this thing installed. It works like Magic.
    Highly impressed by the system and the technical know how of Mr. Yasir.
    Here a few pictures I shot during the installation. Couldn't take the pictures of tuning session (MAP building) as it rained and hailed like anything in Islamabad today.
    My advice to people..........Give this system priority over even tyre change (which is the first thing everyone does after getting a car). Its definetly a MUST HAVE Upgrade.
    Will report the fuel average on next top up.
    Enjoy.

2nd performance tuning Pictures + Fuel average Pictures Updated on Page 12

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    interesting topic, took me whole day in between my working to read it slowly.
    Glad you found it worth reading.
    What is even more intresting is the Unichip system itself
    Espically the tuning process itself. One can feel the cars real power dancing like a Pro on your wish
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Also Confirm What Sensors Make Difference???

1st Thing Which Makes Most Difference Are Not Sensors BUT ECU's.....Check Their Part No And Then HEad Towards Main LOAD Sensors Like MAF , TPS And 02 Sensor(If Any)

Regarding Uni-Chip So Its A Piggy-Back Which Works Side By Side With ECU And Alter Your Fuel Maps........The Injector Duty Cycle And IGN Timing (MAYBE)

What I Don't Get Is How ECU Works As Well As Piggy-Back Side By Sude...As When Installing Piggy Backs.....ECU Readings Are Altered And Piggy Backs Readings Are Actually Implemented . Its Will All Piggy Backs Like VAFC/Safc..Emanage Etc

Sometimes ECU Just Revert Back Piggy Backs Readings To Their OWN As They Read A Difference In Sensor Readouts And Simply Switch Maps....! You Need To Actually Have An Eye On It To Know If Its Really Working Like When Its Putted Or Its Just Running On Placebo Effect.....Wide band Helps You In That Along With Data Logging...!
    +1 .

Why would anyone prefer to pay 40k for this ! if for the same money they can get an E-manage Blue or for a bit more an E-manage Ultimate . I guess an average Corolla Joe would not even know what a piggy back is .

@OP
    How do you exactly know if your fuel maps are changed ? And how was the tuning done ? on the street with a wideband ?or just a pre made map was used ? . Loads of people feel the " Its Faster " effect after spending 4-5k on an exhaust / Intake . Not blaming anyone just throwing ideas . I would just leave my brand new 3k milage grocery getter alone if it was me .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lowresolution View Post
    +1 .

Why would anyone prefer to pay 40k for this ! if for the same money they can get an E-manage Blue or for a bit more an E-manage Ultimate . I guess an average Corolla Joe would not even know what a piggy back is .

@OP
    How do you exactly know if your fuel maps are changed ? And how was the tuning done ? on the street with a wideband ?or just a pre made map was used ? . Loads of people feel the " Its Faster " effect after spending 4-5k on an exhaust / Intake . Not blaming anyone just throwing ideas . I would just leave my brand new 3k milage grocery getter alone if it was me .
    The last video i posted has answers to lot of your quries.........which I am sure you haven't seen before throwing ideas
    I dont mean to be harsh but.........Bro, watch the videos, see and study the unichip international website and then shed light. And my car is 2500 km brand new and for getting groceries I have a suzuki bolan. Pay some respect to your belongings (besides fetching grocries)...........phir app ka 40K laganay ko bhi dil karay ga.
    Please dont mind for what I just said.........The main reason to share my experience was to benefit other PW members and not to get some brilliant ideas..........not talking about you in particular. Go through this thread and youll know what i mean.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry to say, but I have always felt a big difference in people interactions between PW and international forums. The difference is only in the attitude and response of people. Visit any international forum on any topic, read thier threads and feel the difference.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tausifs View Post
    Sorry to say, but I have always felt a big difference in people interactions between PW and international forums. The difference is only in the attitude and response of people. Visit any international forum on any topic, read thier threads and feel the difference.
    u expect same behaviour from them which u get here,LOL

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    u expect same behaviour from them which u get here,LOL
    Lolzzzzz.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    15 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ah all youtube links
    em never in mood to turn on vpn ....
    though i did watched a video from their fb page where they tuned cl9 of sheryar bhai....dyno runs it was i think....couldnt get it what they were trying to show,not a technical guy .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chaudhary9 View Post
    ah all youtube links
    em never in mood to turn on vpn ....
    though i did watched a video from their fb page where they tuned cl9 of sheryar bhai....dyno runs it was i think....couldnt get it what they were trying to show,not a technical guy .....
    Besides this, I wonder when they are going to unblock youtube.........or if at all......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The last video i posted has answers to lot of your quries.........which I am sure you haven't seen before throwing ideas
    I dont mean to be harsh but.........Bro, watch the videos, see and study the unichip international website and then shed light. And my car is 2500 km brand new and for getting groceries I have a suzuki bolan. Pay some respect to your belongings (besides fetching grocries)...........phir app ka 40K laganay ko bhi dil karay ga.
    Please dont mind for what I just said.........The main reason to share my experience was to benefit other PW members and not to get some brilliant ideas..........not talking about you in particular. Go through this thread and youll know what i mean.
    I have absolutely no interest in watching videos of a stock xli , gli , city or whatever . ANd i have already payed respect to my belonging by giving it a gift of CNG . Just stating that for 40k+ there are loads of other options available as well .

Also you have`nt answered the rest of my queries ? about tuning etc which i am sure you have no idea about . I am sure if the experts of this products can chime in . I`ll get some betters answer .

Once again i took neither any offence from you , nor i intended to offend you in anyway . I just switch over to Neptune RTP from Chrome in a far competitive price package then this for my weekend car . Just eager to know if this "Chip" can offer bang for buck for the boosted / nitroused cars out there i.e a more serious audience out there .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@lowresoloution
    You don't listen, do you?
    None of the The videos I posted are of local xli or gli. They're all of supreme sports cars. Amoung all the videos, last one is explanatory though.........no need to watch the rest of them. I am glad you're an enthusiast but at the same time feel sorry/surprised on your lack of knowldege about this.
    Your question has already been answered a few posts back by @MAXTORQUE himself.........Atleast read it.......though its long (doesn't matter for a enthusiast).
    Study there website..............you should be looking at unichip q+. Its has all the settings for nitrous, turbo, intercoller etc and the SERIOUS AUDIANCE

But........ SIGH..........YOU JUST WONT READ IT.................

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You don't listen, do you?
    None of the The videos I posted are of local xli or gli. They're all of supreme sports cars. Amoung all the videos, last one is explanatory though.........no need to watch the rest of them. I am glad you're an enthusiast but at the same time feel sorry/surprised on your lack of knowldege about this.
    Your question has already been answered a few posts back by @MAXTORQUE himself.........Atleast read it.......though its long (doesn't matter for a enthusiast).
    Study there website..............you should be looking at unichip q+. Its has all the settings for nitrous, turbo, intercoller etc and the SERIOUS AUDIANCE

But........ SIGH..........YOU JUST WONT READ IT.................
    Please link me to the video . All i found on its facebook page was a Cl9`s video , which is`nt considered as a sports car . I believe that the video you are referring to would be of local cars and not just random Youtube ones .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please link me to the video . All i found on its facebook page was a Cl9`s video , which is`nt considered as a sports car . I believe that the video you are referring to would be of local cars and not just random Youtube ones .
    Please read all posts by @MAXTORQUE on page 6 for detailed answers to your quries.
    Videos are also on page 6 posted sepreately post by post by me. Just watch the video in post # 116.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alternatively, just search unichip in youtube and see for yourself what sport enthusiasts are doing around the globe with top of the line sports cars and then tell me why I should even consider you a SERIOUS AUDIANCE..........
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The heat is on..........

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alternatively, just search unichip in youtube and see for yourself what sport enthusiasts are doing around the globe with top of the line sports cars and then tell me why I should even consider you a SERIOUS AUDIANCE..........
    Come one man you are just being ignorant here ! . Even a 10yr old can dig out Youtube videos . I would like to see some dyno sheets of real local cars .
    I know that you are trying to justify the 40k you just spent on your grocery getter . But this is`nt the way to justify or market something. And please do not consider me anything , i do not even have half of the knowledge which an enthusiast would have . If you are not in the mood to share knowledge ( which you obviously don`t have ) and just bash people around in order to market something , then you do not even deserve to be argued with .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bet you didnt still see the videos..........lolzzzzzz. dyno sheets are there in almost every second video.......lolzzzzzz. alternatively, you can visit unichip to see actual dyno sheets of local cars. First you wanted to see sports cars and now you want to see local grocery getters that too on cng. Bahi...........kya ho gya hai?

I am not trying to justify anything. Just sharing something that i spent money on and expect peopke to atleast read and study before commenting, which obviously is my fault.........cause even though youre not 10 yrs old but still cant find videos or videos with dyno sheets.
    At first you were the serious audiance and now you know nothing. Bro, seriously..........i would also like to have a sip ........if you know what i mean

And lastly..........i am not advertising any thing. I am just a client who walked out very satisfied and thought to share........thats all.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    The heat is on..........

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    LOlzzzzz.
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I bet you didnt still see the videos..........lolzzzzzz. dyno sheets are there in almost every second video.......lolzzzzzz. alternatively, you can visit unichip to see actual dyno sheets of local cars. First you wanted to see sports cars and now you want to see local grocery getters that too on cng. Bahi...........kya ho gya hai?

I am not trying to justify anything. Just sharing something that i spent money on and expect peopke to atleast read and study before commenting, which obviously is my fault.........cause even though youre not 10 yrs old but still cant find videos or videos with dyno sheets.
    At first you were the serious audiance and now you know nothing. Bro, seriously..........i would also like to have a sip ........if you know what i mean

And lastly..........i am not advertising any thing. I am just a client who walked out very satisfied and thought to share........thats all.
    You need to revisit what i was stating ! . Videos of Local Sports Cars which dyno sheets . I said numerous times that i do not intended to search for random youtube videos . A 15 whp gain for a cl9 with 40-50K invested is nothing to be proud of when there are far better options available . I am sure Maxtorque or someone else would answer my questions , rather then mixing things up .

Stay happy with what you got , and keep on posting ,but please remember not to mix technical discussion with jokes etc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You need to revisit what i was stating ! . Videos of Local Sports Cars which dyno sheets . I said numerous times that i do not intended to search for random youtube videos . A 15 whp gain for a cl9 with 40-50K invested is nothing to be proud of when there are far better options available . I am sure Maxtorque or someone else would answer my questions , rather then mixing things up .

Stay happy with what you got , and keep on posting ,but please remember not to mix technical discussion with jokes etc
    NO hard feelings bro and no jokes..........i just asked for a sip

I have mentioned at various places throughout this thread to contact @MAXTORQUE for detailed tech answers. I can only tell you what i witnessed practically at the time of installation and during my drive everyday. Its simply remarkable.
    The videos I posted were in response to people asking noob questions.
    You can always call them, they're just a call away. Moreover, most of the quries have slready been answered in this thread and in q & a of there website.
    Atleast, i am satisfied with this product.
    Sorry if you felt something harsh from my side. Love you bro
    Dr. Tausif Ahmed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NO hard feelings bro and no jokes..........i just asked for a sip

I have mentioned at various places throughout this thread to contact @MAXTORQUE for detailed tech answers. I can only tell you what i witnessed practically at the time of installation and during my drive everyday. Its simply remarkable.
    The videos I posted were in response to people asking noob questions.
    You can always call them, they're just a call away. Moreover, most of the quries have slready been answered in this thread and in q & a of there website.
    Atleast, i am satisfied with this product.
    Sorry if you felt something harsh from my side. Love you bro
    I already have a very good friend going over there , he`s a pro as well . I am sure he`ll get all the insight out on this for a lot of people . Thanks for the kind words . I`ll have a ride in your car whenever i`ll come over towards Pindi .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

User Tag List