Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default corolla saloon a/t 2003 jerk and low pickup

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a similar situation as post in older thread on pw link below
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...2003-t-problem

i went to the mechanic a week he changed the transmission oil (corolla t4) , drained the old oild by opening chamber, service the transmission, cleaned the trans filter properly, though he didn't perform a full flush at that time, this whole procedure didn't make any difference, jerks are very obvious specially during traffic hours..

As xulfi bhai mentioned on that thread to get the filter changed I asked my mechanic to do so, but he is keep insisting that there is nothing wrong with the filter and ask me to come again tomorrow for further checks,

wondering if anyone could help with suggest possible problem and solution in this regards..
    also if i go with installing new trans filter, where can I get it from, due to the office it won't be possible for me to go to plaza if any one could suggest a place near by gulshan would be highly appreciated.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Did you change the fuel filter as well?
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u meant trans filter ? if so no. it appears that my mechanic put 5 ltrs of trans oil, and later we had to remove approx 1.25 ltrs, now car pick is much better but jerks are still there.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adiz10 View Post
    u meant trans filter ? if so no. it appears that my mechanic put 5 ltrs of trans oil, and later we had to remove approx 1.25 ltrs, now car pick is much better but jerks are still there.
    No, I was asking about the fuel filter which is inside fuel tank. Just make sure you have been changing it regularly for correct fuel supply to engine.

It looks like this:
    corolla saloon at 2003 jerk and low pickup -1148630
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    No, I was asking about the fuel filter which is inside fuel tank. Just make sure you have been changing it regularly for correct fuel supply to engine.

It looks like this:
    corolla saloon at 2003 jerk and low pickup -1148630
    This is not a fuel filter,it is called fuel sub tank attached with fuel pump.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you cut it you can see the filter element in it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a similar situation as post in older thread on pw link below
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...2003-t-problem

i went to the mechanic a week he changed the transmission oil (corolla t4) , drained the old oild by opening chamber, service the transmission, cleaned the trans filter properly, though he didn't perform a full flush at that time, this whole procedure didn't make any difference, jerks are very obvious specially during traffic hours..

As xulfi bhai mentioned on that thread to get the filter changed I asked my mechanic to do so, but he is keep insisting that there is nothing wrong with the filter and ask me to come again tomorrow for further checks,

wondering if anyone could help with suggest possible problem and solution in this regards..
    also if i go with installing new trans filter, where can I get it from, due to the office it won't be possible for me to go to plaza if any one could suggest a place near by gulshan would be highly appreciated.
    filter is quite costly toyota guys charge 8500 for trans filter
    anyhow , did yoy check the transmission oil level later on at cold transmission and hot transmission?if no than do it
    5 litre is too much ,owner manual says upto 3 litres but 3.5 to 4 shows good reading on dipstick
    are you feeling jerks at every gear change or just shifting from 1st to 2nd? a minor jerk from 1st to 2nd is ok but noticeable jerks are alarming .do you feel a jerk in car once shifting from p to r or d to n?
    note engine rpm once gear shifts and must note engine rpm at 80 to 100 speed.ideally it should change gears below 2500 rpm(OD ON)if you feel rpm rising above 3000 and stucking in it means gears ae slipping
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have faced the similar issue in past and few simple steps will resolve the problem. Check the Voltage at battery terminal with different load to see if it is above 13 Volts or not. Alt-S fuse in corolla 2002 to 2008 sits dummy and has no connection made by the Indus Motors. This is a reference wire for Voltage Regulator on alternator and low voltage supply to fuel pump normally creates this problem. This simple test will point if the issue is with improper Voltage or not.
    Second probable cause will be faulty or dying one of the ignition coils.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vagabondpiper View Post
    filter is quite costly toyota guys charge 8500 for trans filter
    anyhow , did yoy check the transmission oil level later on at cold transmission and hot transmission?if no than do it
    5 litre is too much ,owner manual says upto 3 litres but 3.5 to 4 shows good reading on dipstick
    are you feeling jerks at every gear change or just shifting from 1st to 2nd? a minor jerk from 1st to 2nd is ok but noticeable jerks are alarming .do you feel a jerk in car once shifting from p to r or d to n?
    note engine rpm once gear shifts and must note engine rpm at 80 to 100 speed.ideally it should change gears below 2500 rpm(OD ON)if you feel rpm rising above 3000 and stucking in it means gears ae slipping

nope nothing as such just when gears put into D, it takes a jerk, one could literally feel that. checked few mechanics and all suggested to put a kabli box(cost around 30K)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, I was facing exactly similar issue. Thanks to GOD I have a very good and educated mechanic in contact, my problem got resolved.

First of all I went to CNG mechanic, I told him jerks are very minor on potrol but great in CNG. After inspection he said one of the spark plug coil must have been damaged, go to some mech with computer to diagnose which one is faulty. This was the point when I decide to go to my main mechanic who never ever disappointed me ALHUMDULILLAH.

After inspecting and performing some tests my mech said coils are working perfectly fine and I see no problem in your car, it seems to work perfectly fine. After hearing that, I asked him to come with me for a test drive on a long clean road, he instantly agreed.

During drive, in start he did not feel minor jerks but after a while he started observing, and became serious. He stopped the car to a near by Auto Electrician shop and told him "Majeeb Bhai, I feel car is lacking current some times, I've already checked, coils are fine.". Majeeb Bhai, believed what a mech said and went to fuse box in the car's bonut. Made all the fuses and relays seat firm in their position and said check now. We took a test drive again and problem seemed to solve.

Then Majeed bhai told us that 2 fuses are getting heat up and melting. Change the whole fuse box with some Kabli. Your car is working fine for now but may get problems later. I asked him what would be the price of a Kabli one, he said 4-5K. I didn't like the price and asked him if any work-around(Jugaarh) is possible? he said yes we can by pass the 2 fuses who are heating up and melting. I agreed to do this and Now MASHALLAH, I'm satisfied with the car performance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zee_dad_khan View Post
    Well, I was facing exactly similar issue. Thanks to GOD I have a very good and educated mechanic in contact, my problem got resolved.

First of all I went to CNG mechanic, I told him jerks are very minor on potrol but great in CNG. After inspection he said one of the spark plug coil must have been damaged, go to some mech with computer to diagnose which one is faulty. This was the point when I decide to go to my main mechanic who never ever disappointed me ALHUMDULILLAH.

After inspecting and performing some tests my mech said coils are working perfectly fine and I see no problem in your car, it seems to work perfectly fine. After hearing that, I asked him to come with me for a test drive on a long clean road, he instantly agreed.

During drive, in start he did not feel minor jerks but after a while he started observing, and became serious. He stopped the car to a near by Auto Electrician shop and told him "Majeeb Bhai, I feel car is lacking current some times, I've already checked, coils are fine.". Majeeb Bhai, believed what a mech said and went to fuse box in the car's bonut. Made all the fuses and relays seat firm in their position and said check now. We took a test drive again and problem seemed to solve.

Then Majeed bhai told us that 2 fuses are getting heat up and melting. Change the whole fuse box with some Kabli. Your car is working fine for now but may get problems later. I asked him what would be the price of a Kabli one, he said 4-5K. I didn't like the price and asked him if any work-around(Jugaarh) is possible? he said yes we can by pass the 2 fuses who are heating up and melting. I agreed to do this and Now MASHALLAH, I'm satisfied with the car performance.
    Brother never bypass anything. A good mechanic would investigate that why fueses are heating up. Now that he has bypassed fueses there is great risk of short circuiting and even fire.

Undo the bypass, hook the fueses again and check the source which is causing heatup to save yourself and your car from any huge damage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The maximum life of a "Jugarh" should be the time you face a problem en-route, to mechanic's place and not more than that.
    "BEHIND EVERY GREAT FORTUNE, THERE IS A CRIME"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Brother never bypass anything. A good mechanic would investigate that why fueses are heating up. Now that he has bypassed fueses there is great risk of short circuiting and even fire.

Undo the bypass, hook the fueses again and check the source which is causing heatup to save yourself and your car from any huge damage.
    Fuses were not blowing, instead were start/stop working, getting heat up and melting due to loose connection. You know loose connection causes spark.
    Seats of the fuses are too old and have wear out in 10 years. Nothing serious dude, simple problem, simple solution.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I m still having the problem unfortunatley none of the mechanic able to sort this issue. I didnt go with the gear box as of yet.. Often car becomes heavy and heaviness can be felt on making turns.. And in slow traffic.. Rpm goes up and down in slow traffic between 1000-1600.. In particular when put brakes rpm goes up a but upto 1500 and then decreases to 1000.. The behavior is worse when ac and lights are on..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Incase your looking for a transmission filter I have one (brand new) just the packing was opened but the filter didn't fit in my car it's a perfect fit for an se saloon though

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Fahad.Ayub View Post
    Incase your looking for a transmission filter I have one (brand new) just the packing was opened but the filter didn't fit in my car it's a perfect fit for an se saloon though

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Nope brother had it replaced already and it didnt make any difference.. Ofcourse i m after solution preferably solution without having a need pf changing transmission..btw how much asking for it ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you live near Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi. I can provide you reference to my Mechanic. There is nothing wrong in atleast getting advice from him.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zee_dad_khan View Post
    Do you live near Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Karachi. I can provide you reference to my Mechanic. There is nothing wrong in atleast getting advice from him.
    Yes i m in jauhar.. That'd be wonderful if you can provide ref of your mechanic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i m in jauhar.. That'd be wonderful if you can provide ref of your mechanic
    After Karachi University, then comes Shaikh Zaid Center, keep going straight till you find this road tuning left. Just before this left turn there is "Rufi Shopping Mall". Take your car in its parking area. Mechanic shop is in neighbor of this shopping center. Mechanic name is "Ashfaq Bhai".

There are 90% chances INSHALLAH he will be able to sort your problem out. Don't forget to reply here after you pay him a visit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List