Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default corolla saloon a/t 2003 jerk and low pickup

Hello everyone,

I am experiencing a similar situation as post in older thread on pw link below
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/eng...2003-t-problem

i went to the mechanic a week he changed the transmission oil (corolla t4) , drained the old oild by opening chamber, service the transmission, cleaned the trans filter properly, though he didn't perform a full flush at that time, this whole procedure didn't make any difference, jerks are very obvious specially during traffic hours..

As xulfi bhai mentioned on that thread to get the filter changed I asked my mechanic to do so, but he is keep insisting that there is nothing wrong with the filter and ask me to come again tomorrow for further checks,

wondering if anyone could help with suggest possible problem and solution in this regards..
    also if i go with installing new trans filter, where can I get it from, due to the office it won't be possible for me to go to plaza if any one could suggest a place near by gulshan would be highly appreciated.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zee_dad_khan View Post
    Well, I was facing exactly similar issue. Thanks to GOD I have a very good and educated mechanic in contact, my problem got resolved.

First of all I went to CNG mechanic, I told him jerks are very minor on potrol but great in CNG. After inspection he said one of the spark plug coil must have been damaged, go to some mech with computer to diagnose which one is faulty. This was the point when I decide to go to my main mechanic who never ever disappointed me ALHUMDULILLAH.

After inspecting and performing some tests my mech said coils are working perfectly fine and I see no problem in your car, it seems to work perfectly fine. After hearing that, I asked him to come with me for a test drive on a long clean road, he instantly agreed.

During drive, in start he did not feel minor jerks but after a while he started observing, and became serious. He stopped the car to a near by Auto Electrician shop and told him "Majeeb Bhai, I feel car is lacking current some times, I've already checked, coils are fine.". Majeeb Bhai, believed what a mech said and went to fuse box in the car's bonut. Made all the fuses and relays seat firm in their position and said check now. We took a test drive again and problem seemed to solve.

Then Majeed bhai told us that 2 fuses are getting heat up and melting. Change the whole fuse box with some Kabli. Your car is working fine for now but may get problems later. I asked him what would be the price of a Kabli one, he said 4-5K. I didn't like the price and asked him if any work-around(Jugaarh) is possible? he said yes we can by pass the 2 fuses who are heating up and melting. I agreed to do this and Now MASHALLAH, I'm satisfied with the car performance.
    if your electrician had any silicone grease he could have solved the fuse heatup problem, a small blob of silicone grease on the fuse legs would have solved it immediately.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    if your electrician had any silicone grease he could have solved the fuse heatup problem, a small blob of silicone grease on the fuse legs would have solved it immediately.
    Umm sir g wouldn't be a heating up fuse indicating a problem i. Circuit? And how silicon will prevent this situation?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Umm sir g wouldn't be a heating up fuse indicating a problem i. Circuit? And how silicon will prevent this situation?
    a fuse heating up means that the legs holding it in the fuse box are not in good shape, a blob of silicone grease prevents arcing and eventual heatup, this is why its used in bulb connectors and wiring plug connectors
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a fuse heating up means that the legs holding it in the fuse box are not in good shape, a blob of silicone grease prevents arcing and eventual heatup, this is why its used in bulb connectors and wiring plug connectors
    Sahi (Y) thanx for teaching that

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, I was facing exactly similar issue. Thanks to GOD I have a very good and educated mechanic in contact, my problem got resolved.

First of all I went to CNG mechanic, I told him jerks are very minor on potrol but great in CNG. After inspection he said one of the spark plug coil must have been damaged, go to some mech with computer to diagnose which one is faulty. This was the point when I decide to go to my main mechanic who never ever disappointed me ALHUMDULILLAH.

After inspecting and performing some tests my mech said coils are working perfectly fine and I see no problem in your car, it seems to work perfectly fine. After hearing that, I asked him to come with me for a test drive on a long clean road, he instantly agreed.

During drive, in start he did not feel minor jerks but after a while he started observing, and became serious. He stopped the car to a near by Auto Electrician shop and told him "Majeeb Bhai, I feel car is lacking current some times, I've already checked, coils are fine.". Majeeb Bhai, believed what a mech said and went to fuse box in the car's bonut. Made all the fuses and relays seat firm in their position and said check now. We took a test drive again and problem seemed to solve.

Then Majeed bhai told us that 2 fuses are getting heat up and melting. Change the whole fuse box with some Kabli. Your car is working fine for now but may get problems later. I asked him what would be the price of a Kabli one, he said 4-5K. I didn't like the price and asked him if any work-around(Jugaarh) is possible? he said yes we can by pass the 2 fuses who are heating up and melting. I agreed to do this and Now MASHALLAH, I'm satisfied with the car performance.
    Bypassing the fuses and not solving the actual problem is a bad VERY bad idea that does point at how well-educated your mechanic is.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasim625 View Post
    Bypassing the fuses and not solving the actual problem is a bad VERY bad idea that does point at how well-educated your mechanic is.
    Dude! you misunderstood by-passing. By-Passing means take wires of fuse out from back of fuzebox. Connect new connectors to those wires and then seat the fuse now in these new connectors.

Loose connection causes spark and heating issue.

I agree @Xulfiqar bhai's solution seems more appropriate, hassle free, cheap and time efficient. In future I'll definitely consider it.

I called my mechanic educated not the auto-electrician.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear are you getting the problem on idelling or just in drive mode?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adiz10 View Post
    I m still having the problem unfortunatley none of the mechanic able to sort this issue. I didnt go with the gear box as of yet.. Often car becomes heavy and heaviness can be felt on making turns.. And in slow traffic.. Rpm goes up and down in slow traffic between 1000-1600.. In particular when put brakes rpm goes up a but upto 1500 and then decreases to 1000.. The behavior is worse when ac and lights are on..
    Have you tried to drive your car on fully High Octane and at high rpm?
    it helps cleaning out tiny junk from internal system. But hioctane must be hi-octane. Not super or regular fuel tagged with HOBC
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fuses were not blowing, instead were start/stop working, getting heat up and melting due to loose connection. You know loose connection causes spark.
    Seats of the fuses are too old and have wear out in 10 years. Nothing serious dude, simple problem, simple solution.
    Good quality fuse can work for years.

Chinese fuse cost Rs. 5 only. Buy 2 Chinese fuse and go to Toyota main workshop. Tell them to show you the car Fuse. Compare Chinese & Toyota?s Fuse and find which looks good.
    If both are same (made in china), then try to find the original fuse of Corolla. You can even find it from old market like Bilal Ganj. Plenty of shops there. And once bought from there, then no need to replace/change them for many years. Price for each fuse is again Rs. 5 only. They never heat up or malfunction.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tintin1 View Post
    Good quality fuse can work for years.

Chinese fuse cost Rs. 5 only. Buy 2 Chinese fuse and go to Toyota main workshop. Tell them to show you the car Fuse. Compare Chinese & Toyota?s Fuse and find which looks good.
    If both are same (made in china), then try to find the original fuse of Corolla. You can even find it from old market like Bilal Ganj. Plenty of shops there. And once bought from there, then no need to replace/change them for many years. Price for each fuse is again Rs. 5 only. They never heat up or malfunction.
    Meri Jaan, agar loose conection per jahaz ka fuse bhi laga do tab bhi woh heatup karay ga.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it helps cleaning out tiny junk from internal system. But hioctane must be hi-octane. Not super or regular fuel tagged with HOBC
    HOBC cleans stuff?? really?? - who told you that?

its just a slower burning fuel.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont underestimate the thinking of local mechanics ..they can say anything
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rozzzzz View Post
    dont underestimate the thinking of local mechanics ..they can say anything
    hmm

P = Pappu bacha
    R = Real Fast
    N = Nootrall gheyr
    D = Demonic fast
    2 = 2 No.
    L = (censored)

??????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir jee my means for HOBC was High Octane infact.
    And this is from my personal experience.
    I always mix 1/4 or 1/3 high octane with regular fuel and it helps to stay away from mechanic.
    Start with half sulf in the morning, good pick up, smooth drive, no knocking, no vibration at idle, etc.
    Moreover it also help to keeps the plugs clean.

by the way your explanation about automatic gears is very funny. you have good sense of humor.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sir jee my means for HOBC was High Octane infact.
    And this is from my personal experience.
    I always mix 1/4 or 1/3 high octane with regular fuel and it helps to stay away from mechanic.
    Start with half sulf in the morning, good pick up, smooth drive, no knocking, no vibration at idle, etc.
    Moreover it also help to keeps the plugs clean.

by the way your explanation about automatic gears is very funny. you have good sense of humor.

HOBC when blended with regular fuel will increase octane quite a bit, it will prevent knock in a high compression engine or an engine whose combustion chambers are carboned up. It will not clean anything at all.

If you want to clean the combustion chamber then you need a real solvent like caltex used to sell in Pakistan called CX3, later rebranded as techron.

If you have real bad buildup then you need to use something potent like General Motors combustion chamber cleaner - its pretty nasty. Naturally its expensive and everyone is not upto using it correctly and the parchoon/sabzi type spare parts sellers in Pakistan wont have it either. You can use some hot water trickled into the inlet manifold - the resulting steam it produces during compression stroke will remove a lot of the carbon from the combustion chamber (if any)

What you are thinking HOBC does is wrong - infact using HOBC blended fuel in an engine that does not require it will carbon up badly and if its clean - it will be like a dog's breakfast.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes hioctane didnt make any difference either.. Knocks/jerks are the same specially if car is driven few miles with lights on..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

HOBC when blended with regular fuel will increase octane quite a bit, it will prevent knock in a high compression engine or an engine whose combustion chambers are carboned up. It will not clean anything at all.

If you want to clean the combustion chamber then you need a real solvent like caltex used to sell in Pakistan called CX3, later rebranded as techron.

If you have real bad buildup then you need to use something potent like General Motors combustion chamber cleaner - its pretty nasty. Naturally its expensive and everyone is not upto using it correctly and the parchoon/sabzi type spare parts sellers in Pakistan wont have it either. You can use some hot water trickled into the inlet manifold - the resulting steam it produces during compression stroke will remove a lot of the carbon from the combustion chamber (if any)
    What you are thinking HOBC does is wrong - infact using HOBC blended fuel in an engine that does not require it will carbon up badly and if its clean - it will be like a dog's breakfast.
    Any other method to know if engine oil is burnt or carbonated i m never able to smell burnt smell in oil, but every time i go to mechanic diff ones they suggest to change oil immediatley and look surprise if i tell them oil hasnt been used for 3k or plus.. Happened last few ocassions and had to change oil befor 3km..Color of oil never look old,it changes a bit but its not darkish at all so may be carbon is playing a role here and chamber needa a cleaning ? Could this be a case ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very good information. Thank you.

Here normally if bad fuel is poured in the car then it start knocking immediately. Then to overcome this problem, we add little hi octane and then problem is almost solved.

Now, what if bad quality Diesel is poured in the Diesel car? In that case, what element we can add in it to overcome such problem? Will adding “mobile oil” in small quantity in the tank will help?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

oil darkening is not a sign of worn out oil, If the oil is smelling heavily of petrol then you have an overfuelling problem which can be related to the engine running cold for a long time (e.g. thermostat valve missing)

dark engine oil IMO is pretty normal - if oil does not darken or remove the varnish buildup in the engine its bad oil. change it.

if you suspect extremely bad petrol - change fuel suppliers, Pakistan petrol maybe bad but its not completely hopeless, 90% of the times its some fault in the engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very good information. Thank you.

Here normally if bad fuel is poured in the car then it start knocking immediately. Then to overcome this problem, we add little hi octane and then problem is almost solved.

Now, what if bad quality Diesel is poured in the Diesel car? In that case, what element we can add in it to overcome such problem? Will adding “mobile oil” in small quantity in the tank will help?
    adding oil into the diesel tank wont do anything at all. infact it will raise combustion temperature with no positive result. There are some treatments for bad diesel fuel like fungus remover which you can add.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List