10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Corolla Service Advice

Would like to know how often do you guys get your Toyota Corolla serviced? I've heard people saying to get it serviced every 5000 KM including engine tuning, oil change, oil filter change and air filter change.

So for this regular maintenance cycle:

1) When do you get your car serviced and what things you get serviced or changed?

2) Do you prefer Toyota Service centers or other workshops?

3) If you prefer other workshops, how cheap are they in terms of parts and labour?

Thanks in advance!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No corolla owners here :O :O :O

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not a corolla owner but every car has almost equal basic maintenance. Yeah car should be maintained for every after 5000 km.

Few things which have to be maintained, serviced or replaced every time which includes. Engine oil, air filter (this two main things for which the people get their car serviced after 5000 km b/c they seriously need it), oil filter change and engine tuning. These things have to be regularly maintained each after 5000 km.

But different parts have different time limits after which they have to be properly looked into for any type of maintenance, service or replacement as needed. The most recent major duration is 40,000 km after which the brake pads, fuel filter, steering oil (which lacks in toyota as it is eps) gear oil, a/c filter, the plugs (for around 1800/- rs. Don't know what basically they are because their is another plugs also named as plugs titanium plugs of amount 6000/- which have to be replaced after 100,000 km)

The plugs and radiator coolant have to be replaced after 100,000 km. A detailed overview is also done on the car.

For all these, they are only recommended maintenance as it should be according to your will and the condition of the part. And beside their recommendation one thing more u should be aware of is they all are only an calculated average duration of their customers parts. Which differs from city to city from condition to condition. And this never means it will perform best to its average duration some parts could give up more quickly to our thinkings.
    For example: brake pads have to be replaced after 40,000 km but it can also give up after only 16,000 km seen an real life example of civic owner. Here also the theory of condition to condition applies as his brake pads could be given up because of it rough or extra use i mean may be he travels in high traffic a lot.

And i will suggest you to pls always refer to the genuine dealers. Don't go to any local anari until u have a good mechanic because these high tech cars really have some mess up engine bay which can only be correctly maintained be well practiced.

(Looking forward for the thanking mail from toyota for calling their cowrolla a high tech car :-P)

I have explained all i know. May be or surely i have missed few things. Which can be covered by others. May this help you. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    Yahoo i got the app at last...!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

is it 2013?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    Would like to know how often do you guys get your Toyota Corolla serviced? I've heard people saying to get it serviced every 5000 KM including engine tuning, oil change, oil filter change and air filter change.

So for this regular maintenance cycle:

1) When do you get your car serviced and what things you get serviced or changed?

2) Do you prefer Toyota Service centers or other workshops?

3) If you prefer other workshops, how cheap are they in terms of parts and labour?

Thanks in advance!
    -------------------------------------

1. Air filter, oil , oil filter and tuning.
    2.Yes Toyota service center only.
    3.Workshops are cheaper then Toyota service centers.

Dont remember the exact price.
    Oil fiter. (guard) 200-250rs
    Air filter Good quality 350-500rs.
    Oil price depends on company,I use zic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asdalix View Post
    -------------------------------------

1. Air filter, oil , oil filter and tuning.
    2.Yes Toyota service center only.
    3.Workshops are cheaper then Toyota service centers.

Dont remember the exact price.
    Oil fiter. (guard) 200-250rs
    Air filter Good quality 350-500rs.
    Oil price depends on company,I use zic.
    No my car is 2010 GLi with 40K on the ODO.

How much is ZIC? Btw you do this regular maintenance after 5000 KM???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marwanpasha View Post
    Not a corolla owner but every car has almost equal basic maintenance. Yeah car should be maintained for every after 5000 km.

Few things which have to be maintained, serviced or replaced every time which includes. Engine oil, air filter (this two main things for which the people get their car serviced after 5000 km b/c they seriously need it), oil filter change and engine tuning. These things have to be regularly maintained each after 5000 km.

But different parts have different time limits after which they have to be properly looked into for any type of maintenance, service or replacement as needed. The most recent major duration is 40,000 km after which the brake pads, fuel filter, steering oil (which lacks in toyota as it is eps) gear oil, a/c filter, the plugs (for around 1800/- rs. Don't know what basically they are because their is another plugs also named as plugs titanium plugs of amount 6000/- which have to be replaced after 100,000 km)

The plugs and radiator coolant have to be replaced after 100,000 km. A detailed overview is also done on the car.

For all these, they are only recommended maintenance as it should be according to your will and the condition of the part. And beside their recommendation one thing more u should be aware of is they all are only an calculated average duration of their customers parts. Which differs from city to city from condition to condition. And this never means it will perform best to its average duration some parts could give up more quickly to our thinkings.
    For example: brake pads have to be replaced after 40,000 km but it can also give up after only 16,000 km seen an real life example of civic owner. Here also the theory of condition to condition applies as his brake pads could be given up because of it rough or extra use i mean may be he travels in high traffic a lot.

And i will suggest you to pls always refer to the genuine dealers. Don't go to any local anari until u have a good mechanic because these high tech cars really have some mess up engine bay which can only be correctly maintained be well practiced.

(Looking forward for the thanking mail from toyota for calling their cowrolla a high tech car :-P)

I have explained all i know. May be or surely i have missed few things. Which can be covered by others. May this help you. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    Yahoo i got the app at last...!
    Thanks for the detailed post, I prefer Toyota 3s dealers as well but they charge 500/600 for each thing they inspect/service, so they are quite expensive :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you cannot tune that engine, install platinum plugs and forget them for 100,000 kms, change the engine coolant at that time too.

change engine oil at 5000 to 7000 kms depending on how you drive. replace air filter every year at least including cabin filter. Replace brake fluid (oil) every year as mandatory service. It takes 1 hour max with manual method and 10 minutes if you or your mechanic can make a pump rig.

Follow the service book advice for ATF change.

check and lube the door locks etc with proper lock lube once a year.

Always use genuine parts and PROPER greases/sealants/chemicals etc to service your car. e.g. do not use regular grease to service brakes. do not use RTV as universal sealant and then complain about leaks. Do not use regular grease in CV joints or CV joint grease on other applications.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No my car is 2010 GLi with 40K on the ODO.

How much is ZIC? Btw you do this regular maintenance after 5000 KM???
    Ok.
    I dont remember exact price i guess 1500-1800/RS maximum, Yes i change my oil,air filter,oil filter at 4500km maximum.
    depends on ur car running some people change it 4000 others change it at 7000.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you cannot tune that engine, install platinum plugs and forget them for 100,000 kms, change the engine coolant at that time too.

change engine oil at 5000 to 7000 kms depending on how you drive. replace air filter every year at least including cabin filter. Replace brake fluid (oil) every year as mandatory service. It takes 1 hour max with manual method and 10 minutes if you or your mechanic can make a pump rig.

Follow the service book advice for ATF change.

check and lube the door locks etc with proper lock lube once a year.

Always use genuine parts and PROPER greases/sealants/chemicals etc to service your car. e.g. do not use regular grease to service brakes. do not use RTV as universal sealant and then complain about leaks. Do not use regular grease in CV joints or CV joint grease on other applications.
    As written by Xulfiqar.
    You cannot tune your car by ur self.spend a bit !
    after all its ur own car .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota service center's are better then local anari mechanics.
    the cost bit more but worth it.

And @ 40k
    you need to change

New set of Plugs and coolant.
    other things which need to be changed are advised above.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota service center's are better then local anari mechanics.
    the cost bit more but worth it.

And @ 40k
    you need to change

New set of Plugs and coolant.
    other things which need to be changed are advised above.
    Obviously I'll get it tuned by the professionals

After how long should we change the coolant?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok.
    I dont remember exact price i guess 1500-1800/RS maximum, Yes i change my oil,air filter,oil filter at 4500km maximum.
    depends on ur car running some people change it 4000 others change it at 7000.
    Do you get your car serviced from Toyota??? If so do you purchase your own oil, oil filter and air filter and they change these for you??? Or do you let them use their genuine parts which cost a lot more???

If you purchase your own stuff, how much does Toyota charge you for changing them???

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Obviously I'll get it tuned by the professionals

After how long should we change the coolant?
    ok mate .
    i change my coolant after 5-6months maximum .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are 3 things.
    1) 3s dealer is expensive then market.
    2) parts purchased from outside are almost 30-50% cheaper depending on parts and Mechanic labour is just very less.
    3) but can you judge original parts?

I go to 3s dealer for piece of mind.
    bought my car zero meter in 2006 and getting in it maintained ever since, now its done 120,000km. Totally Problem free.

I can save money by getting work from outside but i can judge the parts... from other shops one has to take shopkeepers word as chines and original all look the same...
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    there are 3 things.
    1) 3s dealer is expensive then market.
    2) parts purchased from outside are almost 30-50% cheaper depending on parts and Mechanic labour is just very less.
    3) but can you judge original parts?

I go to 3s dealer for piece of mind.
    bought my car zero meter in 2006 and getting in it maintained ever since, now its done 120,000km. Totally Problem free.

I can save money by getting work from outside but i can judge the parts... from other shops one has to take shopkeepers word as chines and original all look the same...
    @asdalix , @qwertypoiu

Those are good points bro, I have no expertise with parts or servicing and honestly don't have enough time to go around doing research and finding a good mechanic or parts etc.

Please advise me this do you get the regular 5000 KM maintenance done through 3S dealer as well or do you get this done from some place else like Fast Lube as I've heard it doesn't really matter from where you get this done as it's quite simple and it's much cheaper obviously. Or do you get everything done from 3S dealer???

Secondly, I've seen a Guard Auto Zone near my place which does oil change, oil filter and air filter at a reasonable price, so I was wondering why not get these three things done from them and get the rest of servicing from 3S dealer. I've heard from many that Guard people use genuine parts so they are pretty good. But that means I will have to use Guard Oil, Guard Oil Filter and Guard Air Filter and honestly I'm not sure about their quality. So please advise???

Lastly could you please advise me what you got done from the 3S dealer when you reached 40000KM as I don't want to go with everything in the 40K service as it costs a lot from the 3S dealer.

Thanks

P.S

Which 3S dealer do you go to for your servicing? Are they all similarly competent or are some of them better than others???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can any 1 tell me " can we tune our cars on petrol like CNG " ???????

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asdalix , @qwertypoiu

Those are good points bro, I have no expertise with parts or servicing and honestly don't have enough time to go around doing research and finding a good mechanic or parts etc.

Please advise me this do you get the regular 5000 KM maintenance done through 3S dealer as well or do you get this done from some place else like Fast Lube as I've heard it doesn't really matter from where you get this done as it's quite simple and it's much cheaper obviously. Or do you get everything done from 3S dealer???

Secondly, I've seen a Guard Auto Zone near my place which does oil change, oil filter and air filter at a reasonable price, so I was wondering why not get these three things done from them and get the rest of servicing from 3S dealer. I've heard from many that Guard people use genuine parts so they are pretty good. But that means I will have to use Guard Oil, Guard Oil Filter and Guard Air Filter and honestly I'm not sure about their quality. So please advise???

Lastly could you please advise me what you got done from the 3S dealer when you reached 40000KM as I don't want to go with everything in the 40K service as it costs a lot from the 3S dealer.

Thanks

P.S

Which 3S dealer do you go to for your servicing? Are they all similarly competent or are some of them better than others???
    ------------------------------------------------------

My advice is
    buy the guard oil filter which is cheap as i buy it too,which cost aroung 250-300rs.
    buy a good quality air filter i dont use guard air filter,i dont remember the brand name but its made in Thailand which cost around 450-500rs.
    I use Zic oil only.

as u car have done 40k buy STP engine flush or any well known brand
    and perform the engine flush,engine flush is poured into the engine, which is then gently idled for a few minutes to make sure the cleaning agent reaches everyplace oil would normally go.Then the engine flush and your old oil are drained, just like the oil would be for an oil change.plus buy a new set of NGK plugs.

i get my oil,oil filter and air filter changed from Shell quick oil service this guy charges 100rs only .
    change them from Shell pump where u can find quick oil service.

i only get my tuning done from Toyota service center.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic01 View Post
    can any 1 tell me " can we tune our cars on petrol like CNG " ???????
    yes cng can be tuned it will be fast but not faster then a patrol tuned car .

Cheers !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can someone tell me how much does toyota 3S service cost for tuning?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List