Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 21 of 126 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree2148Likes

Thread: New Corolla launch by Toyota Indus Motors.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    Toyota is coming back with 1800cc Altis

This can be interesting

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Nothing interesting means the same s**** 2ZR-FE from last decade.

They will never offer the 1NR-FE here.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AK471 View Post
    As long as Indus keep resisting to offer immobilizer, my garage will probably remain Corolla-less.............whether I buy, or don't buy!

Sadly, even this model seems to be planned without immobilizer option for Pak customers, as per my sources.

Regards.
    If this new model is also launched without Immobilizer than

What the heck Indus , this is 2013

Or may be they are not offering Immobilizer on Purpose ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Akbar_Khan View Post
    I think many people have misconceptions about the diesels. Modern diesels are lot more efficient and environmentally friendly than gasolines. You can see the details in Mercedes BluTec for example.
    The 1.4 D4D (1ND-TV) engine is long due for Pakistan, and offers a very good combination of power and economy. 26 KM/L is not even offered by new Prius (or used imported Prius). Someone said diesel is costly? Well an average of 26 would vastly offset 10-12 rupees higher cost of diesel. It will eliminate the need for CNG.

Now coming over to maintenance, new diesels are almost maintenance free. I have a diesel car and I change oil at 5000 KM and its as new as the day i bought it, only downside is that you should not use 3rd party filters like Guard etc. Other than that no maintenance is required.

D4D engines have a Common Rail Injection system which is under very high pressure (25000 psi). The injectors are sensitive to impurities in fuel but that applies more to particulate contamination and water and less to sulphur. With some extra care, D4Ds work equally good in Pakistan. You see so many D4D Vigo and Prados.

I agree with you 100 percent, but in Pakistan 40% of the total diesel we use is imported, and unfortunately it is the worst diesel money can buy. It is high on sulfur and high on lead.

These DIDs are maintenance free as long as they keep running...when they do require servicing(due to bad diesel or bad driving habits) they really rip you apart.

I agree if you want to get rid of the CNG menace you need to shift to small displacement CRDs.
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    All new diesel turbo engine require Low Sulphur fuel "ULSD". And I am not sure but I think it'd not available at pumps in pakistan.

The current level of sulphur in diesel is much higher then the mandatory requirement in the fuel currently. Again experts can confirm..

Pakwheels on the Map: Pakwheelers on the MAP/ Place a marker and get connected! - 215631
    Safety First! Read all threads on this link. Select top left 1 to 8 Stop Distraction - MultiURL

Do you have data on the diesel quality? and cetane value and what are the requirements of the CRD engines.....

I have a spec sheet from TOTAL of the diesel they import..its on my other computer, will share that ASAP
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bradpit View Post
    Nothing interesting means the same s**** 2ZR-FE from last decade.

They will never offer the 1NR-FE here.
    2zr-fe was introduced in 2007
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs down We are forced to buy PKDM cars despite their pathetic quality!

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Bangladesh shut out Toyota & Suzuki from Pakistan in 2009 - All New Toyotas & Suzukis sedans pickups & mini &micro vans in Bangladesh are landing from India. quality & finishing of product in India is in close match to Thai standards & improving in India.

while India is focusing on D4D with auto transmission Corolla we in Pakistan shall not expect a 2D Corolla 5 speed Manual Tranmission till end June 2015.

Toyota " MAY " (open booking) launch new shape in couple of weeks time for delivery in May - June 2014 but rest assured Indus su_cks big time am thoroughly disappointed with quality & finish of Corolla I took delivery only saturday last.

Anujm motors in Karachi - Owners of Toyota Central have 5 units new shape in stock, but be not surprised if it is the US shape of Corolla 2014 & 1.6 6 speed manual right hand drive & Burgundy red is automatic with a HUD.

do not believe my rant, walk up to Toyota Central verify what they have to offer for 2014 in Corolla line up
    Mohtaram capsat Sahib,
    My points are as under:

1. There is definitely a quality issue with all PKDM cars.

2. At the moment, Toyota's quality is the best among all the local manufacturers. Honda is not a durable car whereas Corolla is a quality product as compared to the former (Honda). Suzuki is not even a car. Locally made Pakistani bicycle is lot better.

3. We as car buyers have very limited choices as we are forced to buy from the local manufacturers because of the government's Auto Policy. I've already addressed the topic in this thread of mine: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...pakistan-today

4. The US shape is not coming to Pakistan. It is the European shape which will be in Pakistan.

5. I've explored all the choices about buying a car in Pakistan and the best choice is Toyota Corolla GLi manual. It is such a car that it will give you a good service and is dependable and durable as compared to either a City or a Civic and you also have the choice of getting rid of it in a blink, such is its high resale value.

6. My other choice is a Mercedes C Class. It is a very good car with a fabulous drive but is expensive to maintain and when you have to sell it, you will lose a lot of money. That's why I will go for a GLi for I've to use it for about 2 years because after that I've to go abroad for at least 10 years before coming back to Pakistan. Had I chosen to remain in Pakistan for another 7 years, I would've gone for a C Class. That is why I'm desperately waiting for the launch of the new 2014 Toyota Corolla.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Mohtaram capsat Sahib,
    My points are as under:

1. There is definitely a quality issue with all PKDM cars.

2. At the moment, Toyota's quality is the best among all the local manufacturers. Honda is not a durable car whereas Corolla is a quality product as compared to the former (Honda). Suzuki is not even a car. Locally made Pakistani bicycle is lot better.

3. We as car buyers have very limited choices as we are forced to buy from the local manufacturers because of the government's Auto Policy. I've already addressed the topic in this thread of mine: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/whe...pakistan-today

4. The US shape is not coming to Pakistan. It is the European shape which will be in Pakistan.

5. I've explored all the choices about buying a car in Pakistan and the best choice is Toyota Corolla GLi manual. It is such a car that it will give you a good service and is dependable and durable as compared to either a City or a Civic and you also have the choice of getting rid of it in a blink, such is its high resale value.

6. My other choice is a Mercedes C Class. It is a very good car with a fabulous drive but is expensive to maintain and when you have to sell it, you will lose a lot of money. That's why I will go for a GLi for I've to use it for about 2 years because after that I've to go abroad for at least 10 years before coming back to Pakistan. Had I chosen to remain in Pakistan for another 7 years, I would've gone for a C Class. That is why I'm desperately waiting for the launch of the new 2014 Toyota Corolla.

Regards.
    Seriously, Sir have u mentioned Corolla & C Class in the same para. It renders me speechless.

Toyota and Honda have exactly same build quality and reliability in Pakistan. That is not a comment, personal experience after buying and maintaining nearly 39 cars since 1992 of all vendors including Gandhara Nissan's Sunny.

Corollas parts are almost 50% cheaper because they are localized.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    2zr-fe was introduced in 2007
    Last time I checked it was introduced in 2008 Altis which was priced around 1.4M and I think its 2014.

Still when the next generation Altis will hit the showroom it will easily cost above 2.0M and still it would offer an old engine.

Previously engines were the strongest point of Toyota they introduced 2NZ-FE when Honda was still offering D series engines and who could forget the 20V black tops. 1ZR-FE with 6 speeder is a gem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

These pics are hovering over the net >>

This one is Gli / Gli Auto and similar trims

2014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -13383772014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -1338378

and this is Altis

2014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -1338379

PS >> this is OUR GOING TO BE Corolla >> PKDM
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Umair................Salams bro!

^ You see, you're pretty much trying to do to me, what you wouldn't want me to do to you: Corolla Seduction! Lol!

Can't say for you, but I personally may not land in the Corolla camp again, till this immobilizer issue is cleared. Not because a darn immobilizer can save what is to be lost.....but simply because it says something about customer care by the maker. And Indus is a NIL with this respect.

Hence, it seems it's a DELIBERATE rejection of immobilizer goodie to Pak customers and about recycled Corolla's going back to the manufacturing unit...bla bla bla!

Anyhow, above interior pics look like every darn manufacturer can't think original, but has to go BMW'ing!

Regards.
    " Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just wish we do not get an xli without power windows.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Suzuki was to land in from India in CBU & CKD. The MFN status to India is in doldrums Pak Suzuki has delayed 'because' launching a 1000 CC while importing from Vietnam is not cost effective in presence of 3 year old JDMs.

Remember case of Chevy brand cars.
    Dear Capset, Then why Suzuki is importing Wagon R from INDONESIA, in CPU form they can buy CKD and assemble any car in Pakistan, let me tell you PAK SUZUKI is 73 % own by Suzuki Japan, its a wholly Owned Subsidiary of Suzuki Japan.
    And they are earning a lot in Pakistan, then why not to invest in a country where you are earning like a hell.

Please not that CULTUS BOLAN RAVI LIANA, Pak SUZUKI has recovered its investment long time back. I am telling you this because I know you have some good links in Suzuki.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Biggest bang of the region: 2014 Corolla launched in Thailand!

Dear all,
    This is the biggest one of the year in the region. For all Toyota lovers the all new Toyota Corolla 2014 has gone into business. Toyota Thailand unveiled its baby on January 14, 2014, yesterday. Here is the link: Toyota rolls out redesigned Corolla Altis | Bangkok Post: business

I think it won't be long before it comes to Pakistan. I'm still betting on March. Mind you, all CKDs to Pakistan come from Thailand. Now that Thailand has launched its new Corolla, this means that old CKDs are out.

You can see the new 2014 Corolla launched in Thailand on their website here: Toyota Motor Thailand Co.,Ltd..

Here is the link to the brochure of the new baby: http://www.toyota.co.th/en/models/al...Altis_2014.pdf.

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seriously, Sir have u mentioned Corolla & C Class in the same para. It renders me speechless.

Toyota and Honda have exactly same build quality and reliability in Pakistan. That is not a comment, personal experience after buying and maintaining nearly 39 cars since 1992 of all vendors including Gandhara Nissan's Sunny.

Thirty nine cars is an interesting figure.

Sent from my ST25a using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Mohtaram bradpit Sahib,
    Maloom nahin aap C Class aur Corolla ko aik saath daikh kar mujh say kyun naaraaz ho gayay. I like both the cars and have both in my garage. I have a Corolla 2.0 D and a Mercedes 190 D in Pakistan and a Mercedes C63 AMG in USA. Doonoon hee brands mairay pass hain.

Coming to Toyota and Honda Pakistan. I've test driven both here in Pakistan for I need a new car very badly. I did not like the drive of Honda and comparatively, I liked Toyota's ride. I've also done a personal survey of the quality of both brands. What I've gathered is that Toyota outlasts Honda by quite a lot because of its better build quality. I also test drove a friend's 2008 Civic which had done only 41000 km and its ride was awful. On the other hand, when I tested a GLi with only 18000 km on the clock, I loved it. Toyota's suspension felt much better.

I just need a new car for my family for just two years.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Last time I checked it was introduced in 2008 Altis which was priced around 1.4M and I think its 2014.

Still when the next generation Altis will hit the showroom it will easily cost above 2.0M and still it would offer an old engine.

Previously engines were the strongest point of Toyota they introduced 2NZ-FE when Honda was still offering D series engines and who could forget the 20V black tops. 1ZR-FE with 6 speeder is a gem.
    2ZR FE came in 2005 When the 9th Gen Corolla SE SALOON was facelifted to Altis, Came with a ABS and a engine change.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    2ZR FE came in 2005 When the 9th Gen Corolla SE SALOON was facelifted to Altis, Came with a ABS and a engine change.
    From wiki ZR series was introduced in 2007
    Toyota ZR engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Honda is not a durable car.
    LOL......... . My 300k driven 2nd gen Honda city and 120k driven 8th gen Honda Civic must be laughing at you. Its a toyota forum so i will not provoke any further argument.
    None of the brave deserve fair....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

spotted again yesterday @display in a mall2014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -13386292014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -13386302014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -13386312014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -13386322014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -13386332014 Corolla Launch Rumours  Pakistan -1338634

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wiki is editable, corolla got a facelift in June 2005 to be exact, new cars started rolling out in July 05, with new lights, the new lights did not come in SESaloon, and 9th gen altis was 1800cc only

Closed Thread

User Tag List