Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 30 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Like Tree2148Likes

Thread: New Corolla launch by Toyota Indus Motors.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    Awesome write up auto. Perhaps you really aren't an Idiot!
    Your kind sir but I doubt that because my way of thinking about vehicles is much different than an average (Pakistani) man

[QUOTE=Corollarules;4258003]
    Quote Originally Posted by auto_idiot View Post
    Indus Motors' 5 reasons for not launching the modern diesel variant of Corolla:

2) Pakistani diesel is very DIRTY, it'll give ruin your engine in less than an year/10,000 kilometers (whichever comes first)

Fact: If it is very big problem, then the IMC shouldn't have launched Vigo d4d and the truck should have come with petrol engine instead. Another thing is, if the Pakistanis can maintain big D4D engines in (SARKARI) Hiace and Hilux, then the mantainance of a smaller 1.4 D4D would be much easier.

Leaving your other answers aside this one is a definite problem. You can ask from anyone in imc for the figures of warranty claims made on busted fuel rails on d4d engines driven under 40000kms due to high sulphur content in diesel.
    I know that, and I don't say you're wrong. But you should also check IMC for busted xli engine claims driven under 30K

The next thing is, senior PW (members) Vigo owners have already explained how to drive a D.4D without busting fuel rails even when you're filling up Pakistani dirty diesel. NH&MP has driven both, Nissan and Toyota diesel trucks without such problems before they reached 100k and sold out in auction. Most of the vehicles' engines had 80% power because Motorway Police have good maintenance garages Same is with Army, Navy and (VIP) Police Vigo.

There's another solution to the problem; if Hi-Octane is available in Pakistan, why don't they introduce ULSD for consumers with cars' worth 4.0 million or more? I'm pretty sure Vigo, BMW dz and Nissan X-trail users will be purchasing ULSD at 130rs per litre!

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    first of all, im confused, are you giving 5 reasons not to launch D4d or giving answers that it should be coming?

About your 5th point, Indus motors since Corolla is assembled has had a secondary fuel car in the line up, CNG wasnt considered by Indus unless the EURO II rule came and 2.0D was finally banned to be made, Then the FF CNG was banned, And Indus had to drop the idea of the ECO-Tech aswell.

Suzukis indonesian venture is very close and might pop out soon, So might Indus with the Indonesian Etios. Coming back to the topic Indus would try hard to introduce the D4D 1.4 specially because they are happily selling the D4d Vigos and Fortuner, Another factor being 1400cc owners would get tax benefits over the 2.OD.

And changing engines and trannies, They are already giving you options for 1.3 and 1.6 engines adding another engine in the lineup shouldnt be a tough job.
    Future of SEE AIN GEE is totally dark, now even the 4 stroke Auto Rickshaw which was once known as CNG AUTO is available with CNG as Option!

Thanks very much for reminding me another great benefit (relaxed tax) which was previously missed.

Yeah, there's a possiblity that IMC may introduce "trial" models of D.4D Etios, its fuel economy and power is even super when it stays under the hood of a smaller car
    "Failure is always an option" (Adam Savage)
    Safe and speedy wins the race! (Auto Idiot)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

New model (Altis only) may be introduced in lahore auto show, next month.

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using PW Forums mobile app
    ?Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar ap to brilliant nikle, ham sab pagalon ki tarah rumour rumour kheil rae hain and you directly asked Indus motors and they replied you wao (Y)
    wo kia hai yaar i was sick of these dates koi kehta hai june koi kehta hai july koi kehta hai 16june koi kehta hai by the end of the year aur to aur koi kehta hai 2015 so i though why not give it a shot and ask toyota and see what they has to say, anayways till now toyota has always been launching new models in june maybe june it is , but i love the part of rumors rumors khel rahe hain hahahahahaa none of the information here is true.
    ?Always focus on the front windshield and not the review mirror.? ('',)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by inam45 View Post
    wo kia hai yaar i was sick of these dates koi kehta hai june koi kehta hai july koi kehta hai 16june koi kehta hai by the end of the year aur to aur koi kehta hai 2015 so i though why not give it a shot and ask toyota and see what they has to say, anayways till now toyota has always been launching new models in june maybe june it is , but i love the part of rumors rumors khel rahe hain hahahahahaa none of the information here is true.
    Hahahah jeeet hai apki, next.month launch at the autoshow

Source : my gut feeling :sly:

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic7 View Post
    New model (Altis only) may be introduced in lahore auto show, next month.
    Congrats Corolla lovers!
    "Failure is always an option" (Adam Savage)
    Safe and speedy wins the race! (Auto Idiot)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There is a Huge Maybe, someone needs to get hold of a major organizer of the Lahore auto-show, probably he might have some information if the toyota has booked a stall or something. If yes we can have high hopes. The wait is too much

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zabymao View Post
    There is a Huge Maybe, someone needs to get hold of a major organizer of the Lahore auto-show, probably he might have some information if the toyota has booked a stall or something. If yes we can have high hopes. The wait is too much
    That launch if its happening could be of Etios as well.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota will book a stall for sure they have to promote Prius they won't miss this chance but the Q is will there be Corolla or not

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omerawan View Post
    That launch if its happening could be of Etios as well.

Hold on am i missing something !!! Are they also launching Etios in Pakistan too ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So far i think toyota has managed to sale one prius (not authentic information), No matter how much publicity toyota gives to prius i don't think they can actually make it sell like hot cakes. So the best marketing strategy would be to launch a model which everyone is waiting for. They have spent almost nothing on the advertising campaign for the prius, why start now? its too late to go on that road. But thats my opinion!

Koi Allah ka banda aker maddat kerdey, exact date and other information dey dey aker. I'll treat you! ICECREAM FTW!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hold on am i missing something !!! Are they also launching Etios in Pakistan too ?
    Discontinuation of mehran and alto is a game changer for the industry. Thr middle segment is left wide open. Don't be surprised if toyota does launch an Etios in pakistan. With the sedan segment tumbling against JDMs, the hatchback segment becomes all the more lucrative.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omerawan View Post
    Discontinuation of mehran and alto is a game changer for the industry. Thr middle segment is left wide open. Don't be surprised if toyota does launch an Etios in pakistan. With the sedan segment tumbling against JDMs, the hatchback segment becomes all the more lucrative.

Etios is comes, would be targeting Swift, not Mehran/Alto, The empty segment is being looked at Suzuki again, after almost 1.5 years now, With the indonesian WagonR, If its imported and costs around a million rupees, They might remove Cultus from the lineup too, But currently its to replace Alto only.
    @inam45, Yes there have been spy shots of the Indonesia Etios Liva in Pakistan at Indus motors, Was supposed to be launched in 3rd quater 2013, But the 3rd Quater got us a Prius, Etios is on the hold list.

I mailed Indus regarding the Etios launch, My email said, "You are launching Etios that is about to end in the world that means a model that would be in Pakistan only, So why not launch the first or the second gen Vitz instead as its already a likeable car, Where as Etioses shape isnt very much apealing" i didnt get any response from the customer service dept,

This was about Dec 2013, Anyways whats coming is coming as they did come up with the Prius, Rather better option would have been a Mira ES or a Vitz hybrid priced near XLi/Gli which could attract fuel saving people, not the 4.5 Million Prius
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

According to my uncles driver, Apparently they have booked the " NEW NEW" 2014 GLi or the 10th gen new Gli. I was told it cost them 18 lacs. I am 100% sure it isn't the new shape one. Driver is a big fat liar if so
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So far i think toyota has managed to sale one prius (not authentic information), No matter how much publicity toyota gives to prius i don't think they can actually make it sell like hot cakes. So the best marketing strategy would be to launch a model which everyone is waiting for. They have spent almost nothing on the advertising campaign for the prius, why start now? its too late to go on that road. But thats my opinion!

Koi Allah ka banda aker maddat kerdey, exact date and other information dey dey aker. I'll treat you! ICECREAM FTW!
    3 Prius have been sold so far and all 3 of them are bought be an embassy in Islamabad.

Couple of months ago, there was an interview of CEO Toyota Pakistan in the newspaper, I remember him saying 4th quarter 2014 will be the launch of new Toyota!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Etios is comes, would be targeting Swift, not Mehran/Alto, The empty segment is being looked at Suzuki again, after almost 1.5 years now, With the indonesian WagonR, If its imported and costs around a million rupees, They might remove Cultus from the lineup too, But currently its to replace Alto only.
    @inam45, Yes there have been spy shots of the Indonesia Etios Liva in Pakistan at Indus motors, Was supposed to be launched in 3rd quater 2013, But the 3rd Quater got us a Prius, Etios is on the hold list.

I mailed Indus regarding the Etios launch, My email said, "You are launching Etios that is about to end in the world that means a model that would be in Pakistan only, So why not launch the first or the second gen Vitz instead as its already a likeable car, Where as Etioses shape isnt very much apealing" i didnt get any response from the customer service dept,

This was about Dec 2013, Anyways whats coming is coming as they did come up with the Prius, Rather better option would have been a Mira ES or a Vitz hybrid priced near XLi/Gli which could attract fuel saving people, not the 4.5 Million Prius
    If they really are launching Etios then i would say its a smart decision but launching the prius is a disaster you can import a better Prius in half of the price then why would a sane person go for an overprice local crap, anyways i really am happy with the competition that JDM is giving to our local automakers at-least now they would consider giving us a better ride as well as features along with it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amnd View Post
    3 Prius have been sold so far and all 3 of them are bought be an embassy in Islamabad.

Couple of months ago, there was an interview of CEO Toyota Pakistan in the newspaper, I remember him saying 4th quarter 2014 will be the launch of new Toyota!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using PW Forums mobile app

So Prius really is a flop i knew it the moment i saw its price and dude by 4th quarter you mean from 1st October till 31st December, that would be a window, so toyota is gona give me my birthday present lol oh come on indus new corolla has launched all over the world including our asia and even india has got a new corolla why you so slow !!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So Prius really is a flop i knew it the moment i saw its price and dude by 4th quarter you mean from 1st October till 31st December, that would be a window, so toyota is gona give me my birthday present lol oh come on indus new corolla has launched all over the world including our asia and even india has got a new corolla why you so slow !!!
    Indus motors Prius is a Japanese assembled imported 2014 latest model Prius not local crap, and definetly not a used car too. Priuses all over the world are 6 to 8 thousand dollars more expensive then the normal civics and Corollas the price might be okay considering all that and import duties but we don't get any benefits for having Prius so its just useless

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    According to my uncles driver, Apparently they have booked the " NEW NEW" 2014 GLi or the 10th gen new Gli. I was told it cost them 18 lacs. I am 100% sure it isn't the new shape one. Driver is a big fat liar if so
    Me also want to book can you tell me the proses ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by harib4u View Post
    Me also want to book can you tell me the proses ?
    I am not sure which one he is talking about. Will interrogate him later on with doodh patti and gold flake cigs.
    Call this number and ask, Rana Sultan- Sales manager Toyota Faisalabad Canal road;
    0300-8667819
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahaha ok thanks