Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By qwertypoiu
  • 1 Post By qwertypoiu
  • 1 Post By qwertypoiu

Thread: GLI Auto 1.6 best oil?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    cancer4u28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default GLI Auto 1.6 best oil?

    U think using Petron 20-50 in Toyota is more beneficial than using other engine oil? Indus claim that Petron 20-50W runs do mileage of 5000km which i heared from oil dealer as false claim. What other others u think is better for new gli 1.6


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cancer4u28 View Post
    U think using Petron 20-50 in Toyota is more beneficial than using other engine oil? Indus claim that Petron 20-50W runs do mileage of 5000km which i heared from oil dealer as false claim. What other others u think is better for new gli 1.6
    which model is this gli and reading on its mileage clock?

    20/50 is mineral oil and not recommended for the longer intervals unless you are only driving on the high ways.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    cancer4u28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Gli auto 1.6 2013. mileage 11000 km

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cancer4u28 View Post
    Gli auto 1.6 2013. mileage 11000 km
    never never never use petrone 20/50 in your new car. Am afraid how did you choose to use this oil. This 20/50 oil is for the older, weak and very old cars. Never feed it to your absolutely new car.

    Use 5/40 grade but use this oils from imported companies. They have very nice quality and longer intervals too.

    Depending upon your pocket, give priority to the following companies

    Liqui Moly synthoil 5/40
    volvoline 5/40
    zic xq 5/40
    ptt performa 5/40
    kixx 5/40 pao (poly alpha olephin)

    and keep the changing interval 8~10k and change the both filters after 4k for sure.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,141
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    never never never use petrone 20/50 in your new car. Am afraid how did you choose to use this oil. This 20/50 oil is for the older, weak and very old cars. Never feed it to your absolutely new car.

    Use 5/40 grade but use this oils from imported companies. They have very nice quality and longer intervals too.

    Depending upon your pocket, give priority to the following companies

    Liqui Moly synthoil 5/40
    volvoline 5/40
    zic xq 5/40
    ptt performa 5/40
    kixx 5/40 pao (poly alpha olephin)

    and keep the changing interval 8~10k and change the both filters after 4k for sure.

    With due respect stop giving Oil Advice to people.

    how can you tell oil is for older, weak very old cars just by knowing its viscosity rating?
    RIP

  6. 29-11-2013, 11:35 PM

    Senior PakWheeler


  7. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,141
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cancer4u28 View Post
    U think using Petron 20-50 in Toyota is more beneficial than using other engine oil? Indus claim that Petron 20-50W runs do mileage of 5000km which i heared from oil dealer as false claim. What other others u think is better for new gli 1.6
    Petron is API SL & SAE 20W-50 and Meet ILSAC GF-3 standard. Its totally fine to use in your vehicle and should be changed @5000kms. Secondly if you are not satisfied you can switch to some other brand oil with API SL, Sn and sae according to user manual...
    RIP

  8. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    VCheng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Select City
    Posts
    25,478
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    With due respect stop giving Oil Advice to people.

    how can you tell oil is for older, weak very old cars just by knowing its viscosity rating?
    Such debilitation and weakness caused by old age in cars should be rejuvenated with vitamin-enriched oils with Aloe for bestest performance results. Or not.

  9. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Petron 20w50 API SL/ & SAE 20W-50 and Meet ILSAC GF-3 standard. Its totally fine to use in your vehicle and should be changed @5000kms. Secondly if you are not satisfied you can switch to some other brand oil with API SL, Sn and sae according to user manual...


    SL grade is obsolete before 2004 where as this gentleman has 2013 model car only driven a few K.
    Present standard of ILSAC GF-5 just for the info. Gf-3 is old one.
    Dont use 20/50 oil in 2013 model car dricin 11k only. Feed it synthetic oils for optimjm performance.
    Time to.increase the awareness.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  10. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    qwertypoiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    29,141
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Sl is not obsolete and viscosity of oil has nothing to do with model/mileage of car.
    RIP

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •