Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Suggest Best Oil and Filters for Corolla & Mehran???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Suggest Best Oil and Filters for Corolla & Mehran???

@Xulfiqar , @incognito59 , @sunhonbun , @sjehsan , @ronz2202 , @uzi602 , @StrikerX , @Ravager , @sheikh_wah , @FarhanAnwarKhan , @qwertypoiu , @Marwanpasha , @asdalix , @uzi602 , @umer325 , @a1ms , @ahmad_yar , @Durrani_45 , @GoodMan7

Hi guys, I've got two cars and they are both due for service so I'll provide some information about my cars so that you guys can suggest the best possible products for them.

1) Toyota Corolla GLi 1300CC Manual, 2010 Model

Currently 45K on ODO and last service done on 40K by Toyota Garden Motors including these things which were suggested by you guys since I didn't want to go with full 40K service which was very expensive:

Toyota Motor Oil ( Petron API SL / CF ) SAE 20W50 4 Litres = 1916Rs

Air Filter ( Sankei purchased from Filter House ) = 750Rs

Oil Filter ( Union Japan purchased from Filter House ) = 490Rs

Changed all four spark plugs ( Toyota Genuine ) = 1480Rs

Brake Service = 600Rs

Engine Tune Up = 600Rs

Throttle Body Service = 1200Rs

Injector Service = 2500Rs

Now 5K has since passed and it's time for the regular service. This car hardly gets used, it did 5K in almost 6 months and most of the time it's parked in the garage and I just drive it after a few days within city mostly.

Kindly recommend the following things:

1) Best Oil for my car according to current weather, should I stick to same TMO???
    2) Best Oil Filter which is economical but will perform good until next service, are guard filters good enough???

Also do I need to replace the Air Filter as I think I read that it should be good for 10K???

2) Suzuki Mehran VX, 2008 Model

Currently 110K on ODO and last service done a few months back by my dad from some local mechanic so no idea what's in it right now. This car gets used a lot and I've seen some oil spots on the floor underneath the hood so definitely some kind of leak.

So need your suggestions on the following things:

1) Best Oil for my car according to current weather
    2) Best Oil Filter which is economical but will perform good until next service, will guard filter suffice???

Also do I need to replace the Air Filter in this car, will guard filter suffice???

I know it's a long post but wanted to make sure you experts have all the required info before posting your suggestions

Thanks in advance!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For engine oil Petron Plus is good for winters and oil filter heard good reviews of leppon filters guard is good too.
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

LiquiMoly 5w-30...price with Islamabad distributor is Rs3900/- free oil replacement. they r located at I-8 Markaz.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For corolla.

I will say stick to the company stock grade. As you already said you doesnt drive your car that much. As you know winters are "do din ke mehman" so i will suggest to go with the stock grade.

Yes, if you want to save some penny so you can use guard oil filter but the quality is not that good. If you can afford the company oil filter so go with it.

No bro, never use guard air filter. They are or worst quality. To check the air filter take it out and see its condition, if you feel to replace it so go ahead or economical plan will be blower. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    Yahoo i got the app at last...!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i am using mobile 1 5w/50 in my city and my ex corolla as well with oem filters and satisfy however hearing good reviews for LiquiMoly 5w-30.
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

anyone guide me lahore distributors for LiquiMoly 5w-30 ?
    www.facebook.com/AhmadYarsAutoSpa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as Engine Oil is concerned I believe all famous brands are good provided you use proper grade and find genuine oil. Availability of sub-standard oils under famous brand names is a common thing and gives a costly shock to the consumer.</SPAN>
    I am unable to understand why you are using 20W50 oil in your 2010 model very low mileage GLi. I don’t think it is the recommended standard for corolla. This oil is mostly used in old vehicles with high mileage. </SPAN>
    It is better to use good quality filters (oil filter and air filter) in your cars but if you use Guard, there is no harm in it as well. You should change oil filter every time you change engine oil (which is usually 5000 KMs). Air filter change period depends upon the environment in which you are using your car but get it cleaned frequently. </SPAN>

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    i am using mobile 1 5w/50 in my city and my ex corolla as well with oem filters and satisfy however hearing good reviews for LiquiMoly 5w-30.
    Ex bol kar rula ditta Ahmad bhai.
    Chikni lakho mei aik thi. .. ;-)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by unstopabl3 View Post
    @Xulfiqar , @GoodMan7

Hi guys, I've got two cars and they are both due for service so I'll provide some information about my cars so that you guys can suggest the best possible products for them.

Currently 45K on ODO and last service done on 40K by Toyota Garden Motors including these things which were suggested by you guys since I didn't want to go with full 40K service which was very expensive:

Brake Service = 600Rs

Engine Tune Up = 600Rs

Now 5K has since passed and it's time for the regular service. This car hardly gets used, it did 5K in almost 6 months and most of the time it's parked in the garage and I just drive it after a few days within city mostly.

1) Best Oil for my car according to current weather, should I stick to same TMO???
    2) Best Oil Filter which is economical but will perform good until next service, are guard filters good enough???

Also do I need to replace the Air Filter as I think I read that it should be good for 10K???

Currently 110K on ODO and last service done a few months back by my dad from some local mechanic so no idea what's in it right now. This car gets used a lot and I've seen some oil spots on the floor underneath the hood so definitely some kind of leak.

2) Best Oil Filter which is economical but will perform good until next service, will guard filter suffice???

Also do I need to replace the Air Filter in this car, will guard filter suffice???

I know it's a long post but wanted to make sure you experts have all the required info before posting your suggestions

Thanks in advance!
    Toyota Corolla GLi 1300CC Manual, 2010, 45K
    SL grade oil is absolutely not recommended for 2010 model. There is very simple formula that "Its good to use New oils for older engines, but its not good to use older oils for newer engines".
    e.g. SN grade oil can run good in 2000 cars or even older engine. But using SG, SH, SJ oils in 2010 or later models can be harmful.

If you were not feeding 20/50, then I may recommend to use
    LM 5/40
    PTT 5/40
    KIXX 5/40
    Valvoline 5/40
    LM 5/30
    PTT 5/30

But as you said you hardly drive 5K in 6 months time, so better feed it 5/30 or 10/40
    PTT 5/30 Semi Synthetic
    PTT 10/40 Semi Synthetic
    Kixx G1 10/40 Semi Synthetic
    c.i. would be 4~5K/6 months.

Suzuki Mehran VX, 2008, 110K
    SIM3 Semi synthetic 20/50. CI 4~4.5K

For filters, presently Leepon's filters are best. 5 times better than Guards and 2 times better than Toyota's. And price wise, these are slight expensive than Guard but v. less expensive than Toyota's.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar , @incognito59 , @sunhonbun , @sjehsan , @ronz2202 , @uzi602 , @StrikerX , @Ravager , @sheikh_wah , @FarhanAnwarKhan , @qwertypoiu , @Marwanpasha , @asdalix , @uzi602 , @umer325 , @a1ms , @ahmad_yar , @Durrani_45 , @GoodMan7

Brake Service = 600Rs

Engine Tune Up = 600Rs

Thanks in advance!

Sincere advise - go to the dealership and use oil they recommend. Seriously.
    i have alto 660cc i get toyota oil n toyota filter from 3S dealer.
    Fahter has a civic 2009 maintained from fort. had a 2002 civic pehlay ran it till 2009 and it ran so F**king good keh kisi ki sooch ho gi. Also maintained from honda fort.
    Brother has a swift maintained from Mini motors.

Agar local 3S dealer ap ki car maintain kerta hai to uss ki manain aur usi ki products intemal kerain. kasmay woh pagal nai hain aur nah ke choor hain. Provided u go to a good running 3S dealer.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brake Service = 600Rs

Engine Tune Up = 600Rs

Thanks in advance!

Fahter has a civic 2009 maintained from fort. had a 2002 civic pehlay ran it till 2009 and it ran so F**king good keh kisi ki sooch ho gi. Also maintained from honda fort.

Agar local 3S dealer ap ki car maintain kerta hai to uss ki manain aur usi ki products intemal kerain. kasmay woh pagal nai hain aur nah ke choor hain. Provided u go to a good running 3S dealer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

get oil changed use The patron one from toyota ....no need to do any other stuff..i never cleaned injectors and still was perfectly fine in winters and summers...even if they say to change fuel filter..then dont do it as i Changed mine at 60k kms...no other stuff needed
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    By OEM you mean the parts made/offered by Toyota 3S dealer right bro???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Marwanpasha View Post
    For corolla.

I will say stick to the company stock grade. As you already said you doesnt drive your car that much. As you know winters are "do din ke mehman" so i will suggest to go with the stock grade.

Yes, if you want to save some penny so you can use guard oil filter but the quality is not that good. If you can afford the company oil filter so go with it.

No bro, never use guard air filter. They are or worst quality. To check the air filter take it out and see its condition, if you feel to replace it so go ahead or economical plan will be blower. ;-)

Many people telling me to switch oil from the TMO since they are getting worst quality day by day, what do you say?

Also the filters which toyota 3s provides are way way expensive, are they really worth it???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Toyota Corolla GLi 1300CC Manual, 2010, 45K
    SL grade oil is absolutely not recommended for 2010 model. There is very simple formula that "Its good to use New oils for older engines, but its not good to use older oils for newer engines".
    e.g. SN grade oil can run good in 2000 cars or even older engine. But using SG, SH, SJ oils in 2010 or later models can be harmful.

If you were not feeding 20/50, then I may recommend to use
    LM 5/40
    PTT 5/40
    KIXX 5/40
    Valvoline 5/40
    LM 5/30
    PTT 5/30

But as you said you hardly drive 5K in 6 months time, so better feed it 5/30 or 10/40
    PTT 5/30 Semi Synthetic
    PTT 10/40 Semi Synthetic
    Kixx G1 10/40 Semi Synthetic
    c.i. would be 4~5K/6 months.

Suzuki Mehran VX, 2008, 110K
    SIM3 Semi synthetic 20/50. CI 4~4.5K

For filters, presently Leepon's filters are best. 5 times better than Guards and 2 times better than Toyota's. And price wise, these are slight expensive than Guard but v. less expensive than Toyota's.
    So your recommending to go with semi synthetic for both my corolla and mehran??? What if I don't want to spend that much and want mineral based, kindly recommend oil and density thanks.

Also are you suggesting Leppon's filters for both my corolla and mehran??? Any idea how much they are since you are in the market and from where to get the genuine ones and not fakes???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post

Yeah I agree somewhat, since corolla is new and bigger car I don't mind paying high for it's maintenance by the 3S dealers, but my mehran is old and not worth spending high maintenance costs to the 3S dealers, what do you think???

Also which 3S workshop most reliable for Toyota in Lahore, would you know???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sheikh_wah View Post
    As far as Engine Oil is concerned I believe all famous brands are good provided you use proper grade and find genuine oil. Availability of sub-standard oils under famous brand names is a common thing and gives a costly shock to the consumer.
    I am unable to understand why you are using 20W50 oil in your 2010 model very low mileage GLi. I don’t think it is the recommended standard for corolla. This oil is mostly used in old vehicles with high mileage.
    It is better to use good quality filters (oil filter and air filter) in your cars but if you use Guard, there is no harm in it as well. You should change oil filter every time you change engine oil (which is usually 5000 KMs). Air filter change period depends upon the environment in which you are using your car but get it cleaned frequently.

Bro my corolla was serviced last time by Toyota Garden Motors 3S dealer and the mechanic recommended this oil and grade, which one are you suggesting instead??? And what filters would you suggest, OEM or some other cheaper but better brand like Leppon???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    get oil changed use The patron one from toyota ....no need to do any other stuff..i never cleaned injectors and still was perfectly fine in winters and summers...even if they say to change fuel filter..then dont do it as i Changed mine at 60k kms...no other stuff needed
    I got all those things done for peace of mind as I had just bought the car from someone back then

Do you get your corolla serviced strictly from 3S dealeras well and use their oil and filters???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you want mineral oil then caltex havoline or shell helix hx3 are the best. Change at 3500 kms.
    I get four liters of shell helix hx3 (20w-50) for 1680....

Sent from my A5Classic using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Xulfiqar

Bro need your expert input here so kindly suggest:

Best oil and filters for my Corolla and Mehran according to all the info in my first post and do you suggest I get service from 3S dealers and use their recommended oils and filters???

Thanks in advance!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List