Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: For Gli auto 1.6, which oil is better?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default For Gli auto 1.6, which oil is better?

ihave run on petron for few thousand km. I don't want to go for petron, I am confused among three options below.
    which oil will suite the car
    Shell ultra E
    Total 9000
    Zic OW/QX

will appreciate ur advice

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shell helix ultra e
    Price 3634 for 4litres

Sent from my A5Classic using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nimrah.ansari View Post
    ihave run on petron for few thousand km. I don't want to go for petron, I am confused among three options below.
    Shell ultra E
    Total 9000
    Zic OW/QX

zic xq 5/40. Ci 10k but change both filters after 5.

Valvoline would also be better becase its sm grade.

Ptt fully synthetic 5/40

LM syntheoil part no 2194. Ci 10k with both filter change after 5k

LM Molygen 5/50. Ci 10k with both filters change after 5k.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Total quatz 9000 is imported, will be good choice. Zic XQ is also gud if u find original one

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Profi-car fs fully synthetic 5w40

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shell ultra E
    Total 9000
    Zic OW/QX

your car is locally manufactured i guess.

y dont u visit or call a dealership?

they manufactured the car. they know what to put in it. they have a long range of oils specially designed for ur car. their mechanics are trained by the manufacturer for ur car specially.

go to a dealership and check with them.

when you buy a samsung tv and a problem comes u go to their authorized dealer. y not in case of a car?

they have locally packed oil from total. they have toyota made japanese oil. they have parts which have warranties on their own after it is changed.

you will never be sure about authenticity of oil when buying else where. you wont get any warrenty on changed parts from elsewhere.

i have been using hondas since 2002 aur tub sai abhi tak i have changed 2 cars and both were maintained by a good 3S dealership in lahore. the cars are running sweet as a nut. the 1st car was run till 175,000 aur kia behtareen car thee tub tak. abhi doosri hai aur woh 70,000 chali hai abi tak.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Toyota recommend 10W-30 grade oil in user manual. Rest is ur choice in selecting brand.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Manufacturing a vehicle and lubricant both are different ball games altogether. @shuja11 you miss a point that all over the world car manufacturers recommend the oil type and specification but the brand is your own choice. It is toyota or honda dealership, they means profit making and they know that people will trust them blindly so they sell the products giving them extra income. Perhaps you have never encountered this mafia operating them (starting from original parts changed to painting of cars before delivering 0 meters). Petron is not a proprietary of Toyota.

@nimrah.ansari If Toyota has recommended 10W-30 grade oil then it can be of any company. Regarding your choices of oil ZIQ XQ is best option having longer change interval and being fully synthetic. BTW any oil you choose just make sure ITS ORIGINAL. Thats all. IMO there is no fun in spending extra money to feed dealership giants whereas you can buy same thing in lessor rates.

Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. None of them are operating any workshop directly. All you see are the dealerships which are owned by CAR DEALERS not company operated. BTW there is no extra ordinary training requirement for a lube shop mechanic to change the oil.

I had a Suzuki Alto sold after 100,000 KMs (went to dealership only twice). I currently have an XLi 2009 with 197,000 KMs on clock and a GLi 2010 with 45,000 KMs on clock. NONE OF THEM HAS EVER SEEN THE FACE OF DEALERSHIP. and they are running as they were on first day. Anyone want to have a look can come and test drive them. Its all inside of your mind (weham) which drags you to thugs.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    i have been using hondas since 2002 aur tub sai abhi tak i have changed 2 cars and both were maintained by a good 3S dealership in lahore. the cars are running sweet as a nut. the 1st car was run till 175,000 aur kia behtareen car thee tub tak. abhi doosri hai aur woh 70,000 chali hai abi tak.
    Sir, would you mind sharing which car you had (that done 175K), the oil viscosity and change interval? It would be interesting to know for my knowledge.
    thanks.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mianaasim View Post
    Manufacturing a vehicle and lubricant both are different ball games altogether. @shuja11 you miss a point that all over the world car manufacturers recommend the oil type and specification but the brand is your own choice. It is toyota or honda dealership, they means profit making and they know that people will trust them blindly so they sell the products giving them extra income. Perhaps you have never encountered this mafia operating them (starting from original parts changed to painting of cars before delivering 0 meters). Petron is not a proprietary of Toyota.

@nimrah.ansari If Toyota has recommended 10W-30 grade oil then it can be of any company. Regarding your choices of oil ZIQ XQ is best option having longer change interval and being fully synthetic. BTW any oil you choose just make sure ITS ORIGINAL. Thats all. IMO there is no fun in spending extra money to feed dealership giants whereas you can buy same thing in lessor rates.

Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. None of them are operating any workshop directly. All you see are the dealerships which are owned by CAR DEALERS not company operated. BTW there is no extra ordinary training requirement for a lube shop mechanic to change the oil.

I had a Suzuki Alto sold after 100,000 KMs (went to dealership only twice). I currently have an XLi 2009 with 197,000 KMs on clock and a GLi 2010 with 45,000 KMs on clock. NONE OF THEM HAS EVER SEEN THE FACE OF DEALERSHIP. and they are running as they were on first day. Anyone want to have a look can come and test drive them. Its all inside of your mind (weham) which drags you to thugs.
    Sir, i wish i could raise Two Likes for this post, but unluckily option is available to choose one only.
    Perfect logic sir. Much appreciated.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

so u think local oil dealers dont make profit?
    are you 100% certain he will give u new genuine oil?

would ur local mechanic give you warrenty on parts?
    would the oil seller give you any service or own to any problem if any problem arises?

do u think a person with dirty tools and dirty hands can clean ur throttle body properly? the local mechanic can cause issues in ur car and not own up to them.

sir 13 saal sai kerwa raha hon never got any problem.

as far as price is concerned due to higher quality honda ka oil filter Malaysian make hai 10,000kms chalta hai.
    jub woh desi filter istemaal kertay thay. they used to inform that with every oil change u need to change the filter too.

btw these dealerships and their mechanics are trained by honda japan in honda or in factory. it depends on their level. high level mechanics do get training in japan too.

do u know reborn has a faulty engine mount?
    honda dealerships change it free of any charge if the car is 5yrs younger and has run less than 100,000kms.
    i got it changed for my car for free.
    a colleague got it changed for Rs.8000 from a local mechanic cuz he dint know about it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont get it y would u trust a person who does not own up to his faults.

I thought i had a problem with my 2002 civic which ran 175,000 and in the end a person from the factory came to check it.

btw oil and filter were changed after 2500-3000kms. tuning was done after every other oil change and throttle body with injectors were cleaned too.

i had money so i got these things done on the car it was not necessary to tune and throttle body service and injector cleaning after such short intervals.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I dont get it y would u trust a person who does not own up to his faults.

I thought i had a problem with my 2002 civic which ran 175,000 and in the end a person from the factory came to check it.

btw oil and filter were changed after 2500-3000kms. tuning was done after every other oil change and throttle body with injectors were cleaned too.

i had money so i got these things done on the car it was not necessary to tune and throttle body service and injector cleaning after such short intervals.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As I said its all in your mind but:

1- The poster's question was just about oil. It was not about throttle body or clean hands and tools.
    2- If your car is under warranty, you will have to obey them. Once the warranty is over, you are free to your consciousness.
    3- The aim of every business is to make profit. There is no Abdul Sattar Edhi in oil changing business. But if you got extra money to feed the giants, its your free will, who am I to ask you not to do.
    4- If you compare the same product's price from dealership and open market, you will easily come to the same conclusion.
    5- None of the top 100 lubricant manufacturing company is vehicle manufacturer itself. As I said both are different ball games.
    6- Bhai local mechanic will not give you warranty because he has not made billions of $ profit by selling you cars. Its always the company.
    7- Yes I am 100% sure that I will get 100% original oil because I got all my senses active while doing so.

Just for the sake of argument, please tell me why Denso IK16 plugs are priced at Rs 1600 whereas they are available in the market with price tag of Rs 520-Rs 650. All those are fake??????? or only because they are raped in red toyota packing. Yes the only reason is that they are packed in red toyota packing and they knew that people will pay more to them after all Toyota is written on them.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1- The poster's question was just about oil. It was not about throttle body or clean hands and tools.
    2- If your car is under warranty, you will have to obey them. Once the warranty is over, you are free to your consciousness.
    3- The aim of every business is to make profit. There is no Abdul Sattar Edhi in oil changing business. But if you got extra money to feed the giants, its your free will, who am I to ask you not to do.
    4- If you compare the same product's price from dealership and open market, you will easily come to the same conclusion.
    5- None of the top 100 lubricant manufacturing company is vehicle manufacturer itself. As I said both are different ball games.
    6- Bhai local mechanic will not give you warranty because he has not made billions of $ profit by selling you cars. Its always the company.
    7- Yes I am 100% sure that I will get 100% original oil because I got all my senses active while doing so.

Just for the sake of argument, please tell me why Denso IK16 plugs are priced at Rs 1600 whereas they are available in the market with price tag of Rs 520-Rs 650. All those are fake??????? or only because they are raped in red toyota packing. Yes the only reason is that they are packed in red toyota packing and they knew that people will pay more to them after all Toyota is written on them.
    sir jee, why did you join pw so late?
    i can find plenty of realities in your posts.
    No Guts, No Glory.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go for 05-40 grade oil of any brand becz it will suite in summer season also

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its a lost cause.

Ap nai kubi dealership per chakar hee nai lugaya to main kia keh sakta hon. yeh sari baat hai experience ki.

jahan tuk 50% price difference ki baat hai. jub price main itna farak ho. i would be conscious on why this thing is so cheap and must be fake.

jahan tuk 100% assurity ki baat hai. ap kai paas koi special powers hon gi to know the product is authentic on not. i dont.

btw u should visit a dealership for once and do a price comparison and specification.

I know oil total ya caltex ka hota hai.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shuja11 View Post
    I think its a lost cause.Ap nai kubi dealership per chakar hee nai lugaya to main kia keh sakta hon. yeh sari baat hai experience ki.jahan tuk 50% price difference ki baat hai. jub price main itna farak ho. i would be conscious on why this thing is so cheap and must be fake.jahan tuk 100% assurity ki baat hai. ap kai paas koi special powers hon gi to know the product is authentic on not. i dont.btw u should visit a dealership for once and do a price comparison and specification.I know oil total ya caltex ka hota hai.
    sari bat ye ha k aap apni car ki kitni care krty ho, jis k pas paisa ha wo dealership pr ja k office ma cold drink piye ga, zyada sy zyada gari k pas ja k kharra ho ga smj usy phir b ne ho gi k gari k sath ho kya rha ha, jo janta ha k gari ka kam kesy krwaty hn wo roadside mechanic k tools pkrny k style se e jan ly ga k is sy kam krwana ha k ne, or usi se e kam sasta or jan nikal k sae krwaye ga. or jo log baer se engine oil, parts lety hn unhy ye b pta ha k sae cheez kis se mily gi so they dont need warranty or agr kbi kuch 2 number b nikal aaye tw jitna wo save krty hn agr aik cheez 2sri dfa b khreed len gy to khair ha, 2 number cheezon sy dhoka usually wo khaty hn jo hamesha dealerships se kam krwaty hn or kbi majboori ma baer se kuch khreedna parr jaye to boht research kr k b galt cheez le aaty hn kyun k un k pas research to ha pr experience ne ha k sae cheez ki pehchan kesy krni ha or jo meetha bn k bat kry us k hath charr jaty hn.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    sari bat ye ha k aap apni car ki kitni care krty ho, jis k pas paisa ha wo dealership pr ja k office ma cold drink piye ga, zyada sy zyada gari k pas ja k kharra ho ga smj usy phir b ne ho gi k gari k sath ho kya rha ha, jo janta ha k gari ka kam kesy krwaty hn wo roadside mechanic k tools pkrny k style se e jan ly ga k is sy kam krwana ha k ne, or usi se e kam sasta or jan nikal k sae krwaye ga. or jo log baer se engine oil, parts lety hn unhy ye b pta ha k sae cheez kis se mily gi so they dont need warranty or agr kbi kuch 2 number b nikal aaye tw jitna wo save krty hn agr aik cheez 2sri dfa b khreed len gy to khair ha, 2 number cheezon sy dhoka usually wo khaty hn jo hamesha dealerships se kam krwaty hn or kbi majboori ma baer se kuch khreedna parr jaye to boht research kr k b galt cheez le aaty hn kyun k un k pas research to ha pr experience ne ha k sae cheez ki pehchan kesy krni ha or jo meetha bn k bat kry us k hath charr jaty hn.

kia baat hai sir desi mechanic ki jo doo doo baar hath karata hai aur phir bhee 2 dafa time aur money spent ki koi keemat nai.

as i said before its all about satisfaction.

jahan tuk knowledge ki baat hai that depends on owner's interest in their car. some have it some dont.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shell ultra E
    Total 9000
    Zic OW/QX

so, eventually which oil you planned to choose among the given suggestions?
    No Guts, No Glory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List