Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 116
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: ENGINE OIL QUERY Toyota 2.0D SE 07

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Rehan5402's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    131
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default ENGINE OIL QUERY Toyota 2.0D SE 07

    "Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways"

  2. #61
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    when we do this test.. what brand of ciggie should we fill the "garda" with.

    REALLY????? engine temperature is being tested with hand on engine cover in the 21st century????
    As I already mentioned that its difficult to explain this phenomena in the words.
    But let me try to highlight it from another angle.

    I daily drive ~45 Km to my office & back home, and use the same route and nearly same traffic.
    I was using some other company oil before and after reaching office or going back home, I scroll my hand on the bonnet sides.
    Now am using different engine oil, but yet everything is same (route, traffic, distance etc). So now when I put my hand on bonnet, I do not feel it as heated up or warmed, as it was with previous engine oil.
    Don't mind the summer or winter in above example because I check it everyday like routine.

    Moreover, I don't use irrelevant words to receive "likes" as you do in your every post. Positive & Constructive discussions are good to have as far as these are for knowledge & experience sharing.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  3. #62
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    There was a science experiment in science books of primary schools. This science experiment was something like "Take three glasses of water, one with warm water, one with cold water and the third one with water at room temperature. Put one of your hands in the glass with warm water and the other hand in the glass with cold water and after that immediately put your both hands in the glass with water at room temperature."

    Can you re-call why this experiment was done?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    As I already mentioned that its difficult to explain this phenomena in the words.
    But let me try to highlight it from another angle.

    I daily drive ~45 Km to my office & back home, and use the same route and nearly same traffic.
    I was using some other company oil before and after reaching office or going back home, I scroll my hand on the bonnet sides.
    Now am using different engine oil, but yet everything is same (route, traffic, distance etc). So now when I put my hand on bonnet, I do not feel it as heated up or warmed, as it was with previous engine oil.
    Don't mind the summer or winter in above example because I check it everyday like routine.

    Moreover, I don't use irrelevant words to receive "likes" as you do in your every post. Positive & Constructive discussions are good to have as far as these are for knowledge & experience sharing.
    -

  4. #63
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    But what you're doing is neither sharing knowledge nor experience.. they are your 'feelings' towards your car

    The temperature on the body can vary due to tons of different factors or variables, how in the world you can possibly narrow it down to engine oil just by 'scrolling' your hands around your car's body

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

  5. #64
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    But what you're doing is neither sharing knowledge nor experience.. they are your 'feelings' towards your car

    The temperature on the body can vary due to tons of different factors or variables, how in the world you can possibly narrow it down to engine oil just by 'scrolling' your hands around your car's body

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    Just the same way you can use banana/potato mash in your gearbox and Niswar to repair a leaking radiator
    I still find that strange- too many variables are into play! You cannot simply rely on your hand to see if a car is heating up.
    At least find out the temp. by scanning the ECU using OBD-II, Does that even work?
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  6. #65
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RL589's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Well, this is something which comes after keeping a regular observations on the vehicle.
    Its really hard to explain this phenomena in words, but its rather true.
    Or as an experiment, pour less viscose oil (0/20, 5/20 etc.) in your car and touch the bonnet with your hands (from the sides) and 'compare' to find the results.
    dear Goodman, i am a silent viewer of oil threads for a quiet long time, all what i observe that all the time u r trying to promote your products i.e kixx etc with baseless statements. (now u will check heat of the engine with ur hand on bonnet) come on man have some ......

    i am driving 2c,s since 1999, (2.od limited 99, 2004 2.od saloon and rite now 2.od saloon 2008) all my 3 cars i drove up to 200k with 20w-50 petron (MAL) for the pakistani enviroment this is tested and best oil for 2c , because its a old technology engine not that (d4d 1.4 turbo) requires a 0w-20 or 5w-20,

    so the owner has a 2.od i recomend him 20w-50 for his 2.od. with my past 15 years experience.
    vtec roxx!!!!!

  7. #66
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Next time while buying oil for your car please don't forget to ask for the "Feel" the Bonnet test results. This should be major criteria in your decision regarding assessing and purchasing a quality oil for your car. Less heat from the engine = cooler bonnet = less global warming and a secure future for your generations.
    -

  8. #67
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    But what you're doing is neither sharing knowledge nor experience.. they are your 'feelings' towards your car

    The temperature on the body can vary due to tons of different factors or variables, how in the world you can possibly narrow it down to engine oil just by 'scrolling' your hands around your car's body

    Sent from my SGH-I747M using PW Forums mobile app
    Here people feel easier to comment rather than observing this phenomena by themselves first.
    The things start coming into observations when one start observing them from learning point of view.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  9. #68
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RL589 View Post
    dear Goodman, i am a silent viewer of oil threads for a quiet long time, all what i observe that all the time u r trying to promote your products i.e kixx etc with baseless statements. (now u will check heat of the engine with ur hand on bonnet) come on man have some ......

    i am driving 2c,s since 1999, (2.od limited 99, 2004 2.od saloon and rite now 2.od saloon 2008) all my 3 cars i drove up to 200k with 20w-50 petron (MAL) for the pakistani enviroment this is tested and best oil for 2c , because its a old technology engine not that (d4d 1.4 turbo) requires a 0w-20 or 5w-20,

    so the owner has a 2.od i recomend him 20w-50 for his 2.od. with my past 15 years experience.
    firstly, "thank" for your time to read oil related posts.
    everyone has their own experiences and recommendations, as you have too.
    am not promoting / selling anything here. just trying to share whats new & good in the market.
    i believe the majority still believes that 20/50 is the only suitable oil for Pak. and yes everyone has full rights to choose products according to their understandings.
    all the best.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  10. #69
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    faiz.aslam.121's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Oslo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,464
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Here people feel easier to comment rather than observing this phenomena by themselves first.
    The things start coming into observations when one start observing them from learning point of view.
    What they mean to say is, do it in a professional way-
    Just the way a Doctor uses a thermometer to check your fever. He doesn't shove his hand in your mouth or his finger up your backside does he?
    If reading engine/engine oil temp. through OBD-II port is possible, why not try that to be more accurate?
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

  11. #70
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    Next time while buying oil for your car please don't forget to ask for the "Feel" the Bonnet test results. This should be major criteria in your decision regarding assessing and purchasing a quality oil for your car. Less heat from the engine = cooler bonnet = less global warming and a secure future for your generations.
    Well, I feel that these new imported engine oils works well to exhaust engine's heat while local oils also do, but NOT of same intensity as of Imported ones.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  12. #71
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    From the learning point of view, you know that as oil deteriorates with use in the engine. With your "feel the bonnet test" have you found a difference in bonnet heat when the oil is new and when it becomes older with the age? I just want to know whether this test is also some benefits apart from differentiating good quality oil from bad quality oil or a thick oil from a thin oil in like assessing remaining life of the oil. Earlier we have been using only "Ungli" test for this purpose. Thank you in advance,
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Here people feel easier to comment rather than observing this phenomena by themselves first.
    The things start coming into observations when one start observing them from learning point of view.
    -

  13. #72
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    From the learning point of view, you know that as oil deteriorates with use in the engine. With your "feel the bonnet test" have you found a difference in bonnet heat when the oil is new and when it becomes older with the age? I just want to know whether this test is also some benefits apart from differentiating good quality oil from bad quality oil or a thick oil from a thin oil in like assessing remaining life of the oil. Earlier we have been using only "Ungli" test for this purpose. Thank you in advance,
    Pl read the post no. 70 of this thread. tks.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  14. #73
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    I think we should start a separate thread to highlight the effectiveness and to educate the people about correct procedures for these scientific and sensitive tests. The ones which I know the names are 1. Ungli test, 2. Feel the bonnet test, (including all the other feel tests like feel the pick up, feel the noise, feel the fuel average, feel the oil color, etc. 3. Exhaust sniffing test, etc. I am sure there would be many more but we can build on the data base. Surely my knowledge is limited. Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Well, I feel that these new imported engine oils works well to exhaust engine's heat while local oils also do, but NOT of same intensity as of Imported ones.
    -

  15. #74
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    GoodMan7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,407
    Follows
    8
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    I think we should start a separate thread to highlight the effectiveness and to educate the people about correct procedures for these scientific and sensitive tests. The ones which I know the names are 1. Ungli test, 2. Feel the bonnet test, (including all the other feel tests like feel the pick up, feel the noise, feel the fuel average, feel the oil color, etc. 3. Exhaust sniffing test, etc. I am sure there would be many more but we can build on the data base. Surely my knowledge is limited. Regards,
    Suppose all these test results comes +ve, even then people will feel more happy to consume havoline or zic hiflow in their cars continously.
    No Guts, No Glory.

  16. #75
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usman_arooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    1,437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    when we do this test.. what brand of ciggie should we fill the "garda" with.REALLY????? engine temperature is being tested with hand on engine cover in the 21st century????
    i know if my car is overheating by the amount of heat i feel on my face when i open the hood.

  17. #76
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    As I already mentioned that its difficult to explain this phenomena in the words.
    But let me try to highlight it from another angle.

    I daily drive ~45 Km to my office & back home, and use the same route and nearly same traffic.
    I was using some other company oil before and after reaching office or going back home, I scroll my hand on the bonnet sides.
    Now am using different engine oil, but yet everything is same (route, traffic, distance etc). So now when I put my hand on bonnet, I do not feel it as heated up or warmed, as it was with previous engine oil.
    Don't mind the summer or winter in above example because I check it everyday like routine.

    Moreover, I don't use irrelevant words to receive "likes" as you do in your every post. Positive & Constructive discussions are good to have as far as these are for knowledge & experience sharing.
    hmm - irrelevant words.... in your world is a bobbin called a "phirkee"?.. If you want to discuss in the uneducated terms that pakistani mechanics use - then thats OK too, Im versed in them too, unfortunately I also have a few degrees in education, I think they should be considered useless.

    anyway a test means that it is universal and has units of measure that are defined as constants.

    now lets take your test on a suzuki mehran and feel the bonnet after driving at a speed of 20 km/h for 2 hours and then stopping in Sibbi in the middle of July and testing the heat. It may burn you.

    Lets do that on a mercedes with 3.2 litre or 4.3 litre engine, the bonnet will be very cool...... the german engine runs hotter (normally at 90C) all the time and has panels under the car - so hot air doesnt exhaust quick. Why would it be cool?

    Theres a thick layer of insulation on the bonnet. <--- any hint

    Similarly lets take a person who has diabetes and usually has numb fingers because he binges on "broast" - he wont feel a thing as his fingers are numb. Or lets take both cars to Abbotabad in December and do the test. Any ideas what will happen?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #77
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    Suppose all these test results comes +ve, even then people will feel more happy to consume havoline or zic hiflow in their cars continously.

    why dont you make a thread for this - you can PM the mod called Vcheng or Libra to lock it for you and make it a sticky, that way only you can edit it but all can read it.

    Others wont be able to post on it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #78
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    And you definitely own a Mehran.

    Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    i know if my car is overheating by the amount of heat i feel on my face when i open the hood.
    -

  20. #79
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    usman_arooq2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sialkot
    Posts
    1,437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ehalin View Post
    And you definitely own a Mehran.
    nope, never even drove one, being a passenger in one scared me for life.

    got a gli auto from toyota walton last saturday.

  21. #80
    PakWheeler Follow
    ehalin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    44
    Posts
    402
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    If you are not a current or previous owner of a mehroo then how do you know that "your car is overheating by the amount of heat you feel on your face when you open the hood?" I thought this maneuver is required only in mehroos since temp gauges don't work most of the times in mehroos only.

    Then you probably previously have driven a bolan or carry.

    btw congratulations on your new car. drive well and stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by usman_arooq2 View Post
    nope, never even drove one, being a passenger in one scared me for life.

    got a gli auto from toyota walton last saturday.
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •