0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 98 Corolla XE-G Engine problem

salam, dear users main ye jan'na chahta hu k kia 98 corolla xe-G k engine parts or mechanical parts genuine company made markets main available hai?
    meray pass 98 XE hai or main issay mazeed 2-3 saal use krna chahta hu, main apni gari pay 50k-100k tak kharch kar k isay achi halat main he use krna chahta hu.Plz advice as much as you can, i will surely consider each and every tip/comment of yours.
    Engine Karwa k or Mechanical work b karwana hai, meri Car alhamdu liLLAh body condition wise Genuine hai. Alhamdu lilllah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother its best to inspect and take estimate of your car from Toyota 3S they donot charge much nowadays for these models.

All kinds of China, Thailand and Japanese parts are available of Indus Corolla in market.

Its the most popular model.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks .. i will have inspection for my car. thanks
    This is my car current position.
    98 Corolla XEG Engine problem -1339039

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From picture, the outer condition is good of your car. Use your budget to raise the condition of interior and engine and all mechanical and electrical parts. Best of Luck brother

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this shape has plenty of potential for surviving beyond 2020 for parts & cosmetic availability at highly economical price from yards across Pakistan. 4 engine variants are available for this car base one being 2E carb engine from Indus
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam, brothers i have took appointment for overhaul inspection and all others from Toyota capital motora islamabad.. pray for better service advice

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Changing the engine might turn out to be cheaper than overhauling.

Sent from my ST25a using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

overhaul will be economical & there will be no editing to regn book as well
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Better to Put a 4A-FE or 5A-FE engine in it. It will perform quick.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam, I am coming to Rawalpindi today, pray for successful journey.

my two destinations;
    Toyota Capital Motors for full inspection as per advice of BRADPIT
    Adeel, The famous auto-master in Rawalpindi, a young qualified auto mechanic, my friend had overhauling his Toyota 2D Saloon 2005 and its engine performance and mechanical work is superb.

I request you for prayers and well wishes.
    any other advice, do mention as i will cosider in sha Allah.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khawarislam View Post
    Salam, I am coming to Rawalpindi today, pray for successful journey.

my two destinations;
    Toyota Capital Motors for full inspection as per advice of BRADPIT
    Adeel, The famous auto-master in Rawalpindi, a young qualified auto mechanic, my friend had overhauling his Toyota 2D Saloon 2005 and its engine performance and mechanical work is superb.

I request you for prayers and well wishes.
    any other advice, do mention as i will cosider in sha Allah.
    I know crap all about cars, but i can tell you this: get car diagnosed from Toyota and get an estimate of expenses and any warranty.
    Then do the same thing with Adeel. Compare them and get opinions from people around you!
    Do istikhaarah and leave everything in Allah swt hands. You will benefit!
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam Dears

I have visited 4 Workshops and 3 Autoparts and traveled almost 300km from Jhelum-Islamabad-Rawalpindi-Dina(jhelum)-SaraiAlamgir(Gujrat)

alhamdu it was a useful visit, i conclude.

1. 1st stop was Toyota Capital Motors 3S islamabad, they dont treat professionally at all. After reception, they took my car to a Jack-Lifter and within 5 mins they told that they cannot estimate overhauling expense as we need to dis mental it first and blaw blaw blaw
    They charged me for Rs.2000 and no inspection report or no expense estimate. Totally non-professional attitude, very dis-appointing for me.

2- second stop Rawalpindi, My Adeel is a geniuine guy, qualified professional auto-machenic working with his own hands. He checked the car in his own way and list down the required items for Engine overhauling. He asked many question regarding Engine performance, Engine oil burns, Car milage/Litre and usage etc. He proposed to opt for Full Overhauling and use the best available parts for better performance and economical mileage.

3. Third stop was in Dina City, a Tehsil of Jhelum, Mistri Haneef is a famous mechanic, he checked car in his way, he also informed me as good he can.

4. Fourth and last stop was my own experienced Mechanic, Mistri Haji Farooq, he is one of best mechanic in Jheum, working in Sarai Alamgir, a town accross the river Jhelum. He knows everything about my car, and he simply asked me to come at 9am on saturday for overhauling. He gives 3 month free service guarantee of his work if the parts and work is as per his recommndation.

The auto-parts and their variety is a bit confusing. before today, i was having a view that Genuine Parts of Corolla and Japanese Parts are equally same, but i got amazed to know their is huge difference in prices all around. Like, Piston Set Genuine is costing Rs.8,000 and Piston Set Japanese is costing Rs.3,800.

After all these details, i have few question and in the end I will request your suggestions.

1. What is the difference between Japanese parts and Genuine parts, as I think both are made in Japan?
    2. What can be performance difference in Japanese and Genuine parts as Mr.Adeel Rawalpindi said so that they are made by company for specific car so these are recommendable while both Mistri Hanif and Mistri Haji Farooq were of view that ther is no differnce in performance, company is over-charging for just brand name?
    3. Which auto-shop should be given preference as I am personally of view that my own Mistri-Haji Farooq sahib, a 60 year old with plenty of overhauling experience, is better. The attraction in this choice is that He is 5km away from my residence and I can reach him in case of any problem easily.

All of you seniors and auto-lovers are requested to reply and highlight their views boldly and clearly. I will consider your suggestions in sha ALLah and Allah Pak can give you better reward.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, I have less experience with petrol engines. But I shall suggest u to overhaul the engine with genuine parts. U can purchase them from the shop directly and then hand over to mechanic.
    The other option, as I suggested above, go for engine swap if u need performance. 4AFE 1.6L or 5AFE 1.5L are bolt on fit in ur car and after swap u can enjoy ur ride, keeping in mind that ur ride's price may decrease somewhat after swap. But it is entirely ur own choice either to rebuild the engine or swap it.
    Rest wait for more experts' opinions.
    regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Arrow

No one can be sure of engine health without performing a COMPRESSION test. Without taking engine out from the car & dismantling the engine, just by symptoms & user report a suggestion to engine overhaul / swap is insane.

only after engine dismantling net estimation can be done for price of parts, machining job & labour. SWAP means buying an engine with no knowledge of its internal condition. etc etc etc

am sure xulfiqar is right person to explain difference of parts

I'd prefer the shop close to my place & engine overhaul with maximum genuine parts.

Salam Dears

4. Fourth and last stop was my own experienced Mechanic, Mistri Haji Farooq, he is one of best mechanic in Jheum, working in Sarai Alamgir, a town accross the river Jhelum. He knows everything about my car, and he simply asked me to come at 9am on saturday for overhauling. He gives 3 month free service guarantee of his work if the parts and work is as per his recommndation.

3. Which auto-shop should be given preference as I am personally of view that my own Mistri-Haji Farooq sahib, a 60 year old with plenty of overhauling experience, is better. The attraction in this choice is that He is 5km away from my residence and I can reach him in case of any problem easily.

All of you seniors and auto-lovers are requested to reply and highlight their views boldly and clearly. I will consider your suggestions in sha ALLah and Allah Pak can give you better reward.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam Dears

I have visited 4 Workshops and 3 Autoparts and traveled almost 300km from Jhelum-Islamabad-Rawalpindi-Dina(jhelum)-SaraiAlamgir(Gujrat)

alhamdu it was a useful visit, i conclude.

1. 1st stop was Toyota Capital Motors 3S islamabad, they dont treat professionally at all. After reception, they took my car to a Jack-Lifter and within 5 mins they told that they cannot estimate overhauling expense as we need to dis mental it first and blaw blaw blaw
    They charged me for Rs.2000 and no inspection report or no expense estimate. Totally non-professional attitude, very dis-appointing for me.

2- second stop Rawalpindi, My Adeel is a geniuine guy, qualified professional auto-machenic working with his own hands. He checked the car in his own way and list down the required items for Engine overhauling. He asked many question regarding Engine performance, Engine oil burns, Car milage/Litre and usage etc. He proposed to opt for Full Overhauling and use the best available parts for better performance and economical mileage.

3. Third stop was in Dina City, a Tehsil of Jhelum, Mistri Haneef is a famous mechanic, he checked car in his way, he also informed me as good he can.

The auto-parts and their variety is a bit confusing. before today, i was having a view that Genuine Parts of Corolla and Japanese Parts are equally same, but i got amazed to know their is huge difference in prices all around. Like, Piston Set Genuine is costing Rs.8,000 and Piston Set Japanese is costing Rs.3,800.

After all these details, i have few question and in the end I will request your suggestions.

1. What is the difference between Japanese parts and Genuine parts, as I think both are made in Japan?
    2. What can be performance difference in Japanese and Genuine parts as Mr.Adeel Rawalpindi said so that they are made by company for specific car so these are recommendable while both Mistri Hanif and Mistri Haji Farooq were of view that ther is no differnce in performance, company is over-charging for just brand name?

Brother my apologize for Toyota people behaviour and waste of ur money they r not like that here in KHI (they cant afford to or people will kick them out).

I would recommend a 4E-FE 1.3L engine with 4 speed Auto complete from kabar market like Bilal Gunj with uncut wiring and ECU. Bolt on swap and excellent performance should cost 75K for the engine and transmission.

Car looks good just lower the car by installing rear petrol springs.

Dont go for engine overhaul very expensive and not much useful.

Let me know whatever parts u need I will give u the price estimate.

Dealer refer genuine as Thailand or China ir whatever Indus Toyota used while manufacturing the car and they are always cheaper than JDM parts for example if car has Pakistani radiator in 1999 model there is no need for JDM radiator.

Dont go for Toyota people just make arrangement with most trusted mechanic who has most experience in making swaps and estimate the cost first.
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

engine overhaul is a waste of time and money in pk
    rings tak kaam theek hai.its cheap.lasts a year or plus, u can then throw engine out after that

na parts genuine.na machines accurate.mistaree b hit and trial walay

my xe is 235,000 kms, reduces oil. drops a little oil.engine is still sealed and untouched. but extremely reliable(still) and would give any 1300cc tough time
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's my favorite car of all time
    ALONE
    BUT HAPPY

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1017 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

with due respect ONE bad experience can not over rule the cost effective idea of engine overhaul.

SWAP is GOOD only if you are willing to dirty your hands with plenty of spare time, patience to go around for 45+ days to bring car in 'trouble-free' peaceful running. On the TOP - SWAP is BAD for value of car, edited / amended engine number over the regn book.

Quote Originally Posted by hash4u View Post
    engine overhaul is a waste of time and money in pk
    rings tak kaam theek hai.its cheap.lasts a year or plus, u can then throw engine out after that

na parts genuine.na machines accurate.mistaree b hit and trial walay

my xe is 235,000 kms, reduces oil. drops a little oil.engine is still sealed and untouched. but extremely reliable(still) and would give any 1300cc tough time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default keep away from toyota..

Dear brother ur ride is so neat and well mentained as i inspected from the picture...I have owned a Xe,Then gli(2000 model 4afe),japanese se limited,civic and 2009 gli.Trust me 1.6 gli is the most relaible powerful and economical...even better than 2009 model.
    Its still with me and have no issues except the power steering pump as it has started to make noise.I will replace it soon with a new one or convert the system to electronic power steering....
    I remember,3 months ago i went to toyota dealership. the front assembly was out of order and the car seemed to be slightly down from one side. their mechanic lifted my car from machine and started inspection...believe me about 2 hours they go through looking here and there and told me that front shocks,joint end,steering rod,and two more parts,I donot remember need to be changed..I agreed and asked them for the expenditure.they sent me to their office and told me to get the price list from the boy sitting infront of computer...after a while he presented me the list and the expenditure was 157,000..
    very strange yar..I was like mad..what a joke after a spare of such a long time...I passed some harsh and abusive words about their service and conduct and took my car back to home.
    the next day i took my car to my mechanic mistri ghafoor in Jhelum he inspected and placed new front shocks and all the assembly and timing belt also...and total expenditure was 24,500 including the labour fee.
    now my car is just fine without any issues..
    I would suggest you to change your 12 valve carby engine with a 16 valve efi 4afe....4afe is very much powerful very economical and has no issues with cng...its parts are also readily avilable and cheap.
    you can exchange ur engine by paying around 40,000..from sultan ka khu..
    take ur mechanic with u..around 75000 new condition4afes are avilable...and urs will be sold out around 30 to 35..
    besides this if needed u can change the suspension of ur car from there at cheap rates and with genuine parts.
    after that u will feel more power and comfort in ur car.....
    hope u will find it helpful..

20. 25-01-2014, 11:36 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    with due respect ONE bad experience can not over rule the cost effective idea of engine overhaul.

SWAP is GOOD only if you are willing to dirty your hands with plenty of spare time, patience to go around for 45+ days to bring car in 'trouble-free' peaceful running. On the TOP - SWAP is BAD for value of car, edited / amended engine number over the regn book.

boss
    u post links of people who r very happy with rebuilds here
    and i will post links of people who are crying after rebuilds or threw the rebuilt engines out

but yes i still agree, engine change is bad for resale. kabli engines r not problem or hassle free.
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List