1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Oil shifting for my altis and premio

Salam..i have altis1.6mt and premio 1.8 both dual vvti. I use zic A for Altis and Zic A+ for premio.i feel noise of premio is a bit increased from the day one i inserted zic A+ but because of small city the most thinest oil in the shop was Zic A+. Now i want to change both my cars from zic because of low quality of zic.i want to go for some imported one.plz recommend me should i???and plz also tell me about oil filter.im using local guard flter in both of them and change oil and filter after 3k.should i go for same guard one or use some other? ?and should be the interval for both oil and filter change???thanks..jazakAllah

Sent from my GT-P7500 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My replies starting with =>

How can you guarantee that products that you are promoting are "genuine" not fake or recycled products.

=> Let me ask you sir, did you find me promoting or selling some items here? I think most of the discussions are being made what is latest, what is old, what is what and who is who. I am not selling / promoting anything here.

I dont agree with your comments about Pakistan blended products; especially PSO, SHELL & TOTAL they have a reputation to maintain and have quality audits. Kindly note they have large client base for auto & industrial lubricants in Pakistan.
    => If you don't agree. Then I fully respect your decision. But people who want are interested to know about oils, must dig out further details to understand the oil specifications, performance, and other properties. Genuine Imported oils are far better in such things as compared with Local companies.
    Shell, Total, PSO are big companies, but quality of products does vary significantly from country to country. Its confirm.

Have you ever heard of Truck & Buses using imported oils?. They all use these brands.
    => its because more than 90% people in transportation business are uneducated or hardly have got primary level education. How they can learn something by themselves?

As regards to their commitment for good products and counter counterfeiting PSO has launched a secure code facility; as on their website;
    PSO has once again taken a big leap in the field of lubricants, by introducing the latest, technologically advanced and state-of-the-art anti-counterfeit solution (Lubricant security feature) with each retail size pack of lubricants. This anti-counterfeit solution has been named ?Secure Code?.
    PSO has introduced first of its kind Lubricant Security Feature in small packs of lubricants. A 16-digit secure code is printed on rear label of cans for which a logo for ?Secure Code? is also introduced on front side label. To confirm the high quality of PSO genuine product,you will scratch the label to unveil the 16-digit secure code and SMS the same to 5454. You will get a confirmation SMS accordingly ensuring that the purchased product is high quality PSO lubricant.
    With this feature we hope to enhance your satisfaction and build confidence in using PSO Lubricants.
    => Its just a marketing tact sir to increase their sales. Nothing else. Believe me, this act does not improve the quality of their product.
    No Guts, No Glory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by GoodMan7 View Post
    This is what i always say and repeatedly mentioned in my many many posts. But majority just don't agree with it. They just start teasing here & there, this & that, but never going to understand the dirty depth of these realities (when blending or re-packing start in Pak).
    I wish someday zulfiqar to pass through under similar experience too so that he can very well understand that "so called quality of Pak. made lubricants'.

I had a car repair business in Pakistan and know of several dozen fake oil packagers, did I buy them NO! So how do you think I got real products....

Real simple - call the corporate office, get a number for distributor, get a retailer contact and buy, I personally bought 210 litre drums of havoline formula and also delo (when I had to service industrial engines).. Failure? Not one recorded due to oil quality.

What you are trying to say is that every person driving a car has not even passed primary school and cannot determine right and wrong. You are mistaken in that area. Secondly when LM oils have been tested in labs - their add packs are really weak and their trade mark of "molybdenum disulphide" is nearly absent in 99% of their motor oils. Further more you claim that you trust them becuase they come straight from Germany - do you trust the local Pakistani distributor - according to your logic he maybe filling it right in gawalmandi because they are Pakistani people which according you always cheat.

OTOH - I dont know what sort of thinking has been put in your head at school/university but when there is a corporate banner like Exxon, Shell, Chevron etc. there is a giant risk of litigation at all times hence they cannot afford to blend a product with differing specs in different countries unless declared e.g.

Any person can have a simple test run on the two products then file a lawsuit against them and get incredibly rich.. You think those corporate empires are so naive they dont know about this?

lets take castrol LMX grease, if you buy it in UK and then in DE.. you think it will be different?

Your "feel" and "weham" cannot be presented as arguments - lets say you sue Chevron for packaging substandard product in Pakistan, what will you present in court? would you say "I feel the engine is not smooth"
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Fake oils, cheap filters, suspension greased with Diesel and engine washed with water.
    Uncle has a 2006 XLI. It is regularly maintained by the driver.
    They live in a village near Rajanah. They've used 20w-50 oil since they first bought the car. Oil is changed after 3500km.
    It has been driven 198,000km last time i sat&drove it. Everything is fine, clutch hasn't been replaced only the brakes are a bit off.

It's all about maintaining it. Oh, they use water instead of coolant as well. Driver is crazy. He changes gears at 3500-4000 RPM on CNG lol.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Fake oils, cheap filters, suspension greased with Diesel and engine washed with water.
    They live in a village near Rajanah. They've used 20w-50 oil since they first bought the car. Oil is changed after 3500km.
    It has been driven 198,000km last time i sat&drove it. Everything is fine, clutch hasn't been replaced only the brakes are a bit off.

It's all about maintaining it. Oh, they use water instead of coolant as well. Driver is crazy. He changes gears at 3500-4000 RPM on CNG lol.
    so that is what you call being maintained?
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    so that is what you call being maintained?
    Well can't expect 100% genuine oil in a small town and i bet they use guard filters or w/e.
    Change stuff on time, no regrets later on!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nothing wrong with guard filters for such a short oil change interval

using water instead of coolant makes sure that the service life of the car is being reduced by more than 3/4th of what it should have been otherwise, same thing with the diesel spray underbody
    https://www.facebook.com/OsamaAbbasPhotography

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    nothing wrong with guard filters for such a short oil change interval

using water instead of coolant makes sure that the service life of the car is being reduced by more than 3/4th of what it should have been otherwise, same thing with the diesel spray underbody
    When I got my car washed in Rajanah;

To service guy, "NO, Don't do this, don't spray that, no need to use steel brush on rims etc." He told me" Why the f??ck did you come here then?". After that I washed car at home. Painful 2 months

I just love when they use air pressure to blow dust 'out of the car'... it all spreads inside hehe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buy a cheapie pressure washer and pesticide spray pump - job done, wash it everyday if you please.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post

Clutch has not been replaced after 198,000 km ?
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List