0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Scilencer (DHOLKI) Problem in Indus Corolla

I have Toyota Corolla 1.6 GLi AUTO (1999).
    Problem is that my car is giving noises like in diesel car. And hence it seems like a motor racing car. According to the mechanic, change the Scilencer. And I am unable to get a geniun one. I am getting from one place for Rs.7000.

Can you people tell me from where i can get a geniune Scielencer. Should I try Toyota Service Centers. I think Rs.7000 are hell too much.

Another problem is the engine foundation. One of the foundation have broken. I have been advised to get both changed. Well the other one is in gud shape. Estimated one side foundation is costing Rs.3000.

Please solve this problem too.
    Visit my blogging site @ http://www.faiq360.com, www.arcitecs.net

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello!
    mrfaiq......plz clear that back dholki was making sound or its from downpipe.....if its the DHolki..(Muffler) or Silencer u can say...its not a prob........go to some Dholki makers on Jail Road and get that replaced with their made ones.....!!local made....cost around 700rs .....that solve ur problem......
    regarding to engine Mounts so i think genuine ones are better...but if they are damn expensive for you.....from SHershah u can get used ones in good condition......just u need a good mechanic to do that for you......!!
    Silencer problem is not the problem...get aftermarket localmade one.....i get that for my Nissan also and it works fine....!!
    Thanxxx
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

7000 for an OEM muffler is cheap...not expensive. as SER said...you can get a cheap one for a fraction of the price but you get what you pay for....the cheaper one will give way in about a couple of years im sure while the OEM toyota one will last many many years.

im assuming here that the muffler was indeed the problem...cuz you should be able to identify if the sound is coming out of the engine or the exhaust system.

I strongly suggest not to go cheap on the engine mounts...save money and get it done in a while if you cant do it right away...used mounts are a hit or miss....and i dont see any benefit of risking the engine stability just cuz of a few thousand rupees.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it..and so restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List