1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Poor petrol Mileage of corolla 1.6 gli indus shape

Any body tell me about petrol mileage.My car done 7km/l on long route without ac with light foot.My car have no company fitted O2 sensor can i put o2 in my car for best mileage or another thing.My mechanic put injector of xli they give about 11km/l. Can any body tell me is this reasonable way to improve mileage or not.kindly brief me about mileage i fed up form mechanics.Is any issue of sensor or wiring or any other.My car enigne is 4a-fe kindly tell me the injector model number of genuine injector of 4afe engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is ur car auto or manual
    Did u get ur throttle body clean like MAF sensor ?
    Is it o2 sencor with one wire or 2

Sent from my GT-I9105 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faizy222 View Post
    Any body tell me about petrol mileage.My car done 7km/l on long route without ac with light foot.My car have no company fitted O2 sensor can i put o2 in my car for best mileage or another thing.My mechanic put injector of xli they give about 11km/l. Can any body tell me is this reasonable way to improve mileage or not.kindly brief me about mileage i fed up form mechanics.Is any issue of sensor or wiring or any other.My car enigne is 4a-fe kindly tell me the injector model number of genuine injector of 4afe engine.
    in which city you are located pm me for more details

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you believe just by changing injectors will give better fuel economy please try honda 50 carb for 90km/l , i suggest change your mechanic.

you need to identify multiple factors for high fuel consumption from a 1600CC engine do not expect over 11 km / litre on highway and 8+ in urban driving. if the stock engine was without O2 sensor how did you rigged it to the engine & ECU???
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would like to mention that proper preventive maintainence plays an important role in fuel economy.

I have a Honda Civic EXI 2003 1500cc manual, it is very fuel efficient provided you maintain it well, it is 170k driven with routine preventive maintainence from Honda 3S is giving 13-13.5 km/l in city, my city drive consists of 70-80 km/h about 50% of journey and daily drive of 40-50 kms and highway mileage tried on recent trip to Multan with four adults and luggage on board and it gave me 17.33 @95-100km/h with light foot.

I was trying to remind that which one maintainence job improved my cars performance considerably?

About an year ago my Civic was not giving smooth ride on petrol and heavy fuel consumption i.e. 10km/l beside all preventive maintainence by Honda 3S and this thing was biting my mind.

So one day I took it to the workshop and asked the foreman for test drive and when he was driving I asked him that there might be a possibility that its fuel filter is choked as my car had already done 155k, he said we need to check.

So I got it checked and it was really choked upto the neck and as a result all the debris were being deposited in throttle body causing heavy fuel consumption and rough ride.

So I got it replaced with new OEM fuel filter costing Rs. 5800 and when we inspected the throttle body it was having too many carbon deposits although it was serviced just 10000 kms before and as per the manual it should be serviced after 20000 kms, so I got it serviced too and the result was mind blowing super smooth drive and awesome fuel efficeincy of 13.47 km/l as I mentioned earlier as well.

Maintainence always pay, I have Toyota Landcruiser, 1989 model, HJ60 3980cc, non-turbo, 6 cyl diesel, 5 speed manual, you wont believe its mileage, it gives me 8-8.5 km/l in city and 10 km/l on highway at a speed of 90 km/h as this machione is not meant for high speed driving due to bad aerodynamics but again I spend too much on its routine maintainence but its worth.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

asad1 my car is manual
    i have cleaned throttle body few days ago but no difference mileage is poor
    no O2 sensor located in my car.can i put O2 for best mileage

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I m in Pindigheb and came to rawalpindi once a month

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kindly any body tell me about solution of my problem.My car give very bad mileage and i fed up form local mechanics.My car is EFI 4afe engine with manual transmission.I put new air filter and new filter box in it.The size of filter box is some small form original one but no difference.mileage on cng is 190km/cyl which is ok but mileage on petrol is 7km/l without ac with light foot.Kindly tell me a rasonable solution or tell me any qualified mechanic in rawalpindi who knows EFI system and scann my car ecu,and check sensors in it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i added one thing more my tyre size is 175/70/13

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i added one thing more my tyre size is 175/70/13
    We cant guess the problem straignt away. Help us diagnose..

1. Do you have Black Smoke from Exhaust? insert finger in your exhaust and see how dark is it
    2. Read Spark Plugs what color are they? do they have oil on them
    3. @capsat injector size do vary in case where wrong size injectors have been used. He needs to make sure he is using correct size. Using large volume injectors may dump the fuel.
    4. How old is your Air Filter?
    5. Do you have Vacumm Leaks
    6. Does your car has Original ECU and Engine or it was swapped?

and some other points for future. please answer above and we may give the solution
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

answer
    1. A smoke comes at 1st startup for 1 minute.I cannot guess it is black or blue.but it disapear after 1 minute.And smell like unburnt petrol after 1 minute smoke and smell gone.
    2. I tune my car 3 to 4 months before at that time the colour of spark plugs totally black.A lot of carbon on plugs my mechanic washed them on a machine and they become neat and clean like new.No oil on plugs.
    3. MY injectors are of Denso japan brown colour and model is 23250-16150 and the other side print AA523.Kindly tell me is this correct injector size for 4afe 2nd generation engine or not.If not then tell me correct injector model and colour.
    4. My AIR filter is new i changed it last week.
    5. How can i check vaccum leak kindly tell me?
    6. Engine is original 4AFE 2nd generation.How can i check ECU and where it is located i dont know about ECU is original or not.
    Kindly afnan bhai tell me all about it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any body help

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

answer
    1. A smoke comes at 1st startup for 1 minute.I cannot guess it is black or blue.but it disapear after 1 minute.And smell like unburnt petrol after 1 minute smoke and smell gone.
    2. I tune my car 3 to 4 months before at that time the colour of spark plugs totally black.A lot of carbon on plugs my mechanic washed them on a machine and they become neat and clean like new.No oil on plugs.
    3. MY injectors are of Denso japan brown colour and model is 23250-16150 and the other side print AA523.Kindly tell me is this correct injector size for 4afe 2nd generation engine or not.If not then tell me correct injector model and colour.
    6. Engine is original 4AFE 2nd generation.How can i check ECU and where it is located i dont know about ECU is original or not.
    1. Take a drive and check spark plugs now. If they are blakish you are running rich. If you smell petrol in exhaust you are running rich.
    2. 176cc/min light green or gray Should have 12.8 Ohm resistance and are designed to work with 42 PSI
    3. Start the car, get Carb Cleaner from market, while car is idling spray the cleaner at possible places near Intake Manifold. If RPM changes this means there is a leak get it corrected
    4. you should have following type of ECU. @SER_GTR can guide more in this regard
    Poor petrol Mileage of corolla 1.6 gli indus shape - 1242 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I Churn Out From My 4AFE M/T Around 9km/L w.o AC In City(Worst Traffic Conditions And Rush Timings)..Timing Around 9 Degree Advance BTDC And All Little Tweaks Done By Myself.....9km i get out of it .......light foot..granny style

4AFE's (PKDM , Malaysian Models) Never Came With O2 Sensor But Variable Resistor Type....Make Sure Its Not Blown....

For Changing Genuine Injectors with XLi Or Whatever....It Makes Zero To No Difference......Mechanics Have No BRAINS But Your 4AFE Have ...That ECU...Which Controls Injectors Pulse And Drive Injectors.......Its Non Sense To Change Injectors With Almost Same Or Little Less CC And Expect A Drastic Change In Fuel Mileage....Its Just Their Mind And Foolish Which Is Nothing But Waste.....WOn't Do Anything......

Just Like Their Small Common Sense And Brain...They Fall For Injector Holes Being BIG And SMALL And How Many Of Them.....!!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

answer

Let Me Answer These For Your Understanding

No.1 Symptom Is Of Leaking Valve Seals....That's OIL You Burn Everytime On 1st Start And Then It Disappear...It Must Be White, Greyish Or Blue IN Color Depending On How Much LEAK They Are And How Much OIL You BURN ....

No2 Black Plug MEans You Are Running Rich Or Burning Oil....

No 3.The Injectors Are Cream Brownish In Color And Part No Is Same Of 4AFE.....You Have OEM Injectors....

4. Fine

5. Listen For Any Hissing Sound And Check Physically Carefully For Any Vacuum Pipe Port Empty Or Disconnected.....HIGH RPM's On IDle Also Identify It

6. There Is Part No On ECU......Simply Read It And Post It Here.....Like On Picture Above 89661-xxxxxxxx....Its Part NO.....Part No Can Identify ECU

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SER_GTR ap aik Haseen insan ho

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

better sell it n buy sum Honda.Ppl love local toyotas despite of poor response n mileage. the only good car indus has produced is a 2D

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    better sell it n buy sum Honda.Ppl love local toyotas despite of poor response n mileage. the only good car indus has produced is a 2D
    Jabhi Tune VITZ And AXIO Rakhe Hue Ha

Aida Tu HONDA Lover -_-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thank u so much for reply and guide me picture of light green and grey injector which are best for 4afe and kindly tell me form where i found at reasonable rate and original in rawalpindi.
    kindly tell me the location of ecu of my car.
    And kindly tell me the location of resistor variable of my car.and from where i can check all these things.kindly tell me about qualified mechanic in rawalpindi who knows about all these things and set at reasonable price.My car having these injector colour and model number is these are good for 4afe or i change them also??.Poor petrol Mileage of corolla 16 gli indus shape -1372917

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kindly tell me if my engine valve seals leak how much cost to replace them.Labour charges+spare parts+time.
    afnan bhai the smell of petrol from exhaust is also for 1 minute after 1 minute smell goes away and smoke also goes away.
    If my car running rich how can i set it to normal position??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Tag List