Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SE Saloon 2003, clutch plate issue! urgent help needed!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default SE Saloon 2003, clutch plate issue! urgent help needed!

AOA Pakwheelers, I have a 2003 corolla Se Saloon, i got it brand new and since then it is with me, the car's mileage is now 83k

From the last couple of days when I start my car in the morning it gives a whistling sound and when I push the clutch the sound is no more and again starts when I leave the clutch. This voice keeps coming until the car's temp is up.

I took the car to Toyota Rawal today and they said it is the clutch plate etc issue and gave me an estimate of 38k which included the bearing, clutch plate pressure plate etc.

I needed to confirm is the issue really the clutch plate or not, and shall I get it done from Toyota or are they expensive. I would really appreciate if you also tell me the cost of the clutch set if I purchase it from an authorized dealer, and which brand should I go for?

Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basuu View Post
    Bro the car has never ever been to a mechanic, just oil change krta hun after 4000 kms, have never changed the gear oil or sterring oil or even coolant
    Sir its always good to change gear oil after every 50k max...
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

38K for clutch and pressure plate work is madness....get it done from any good mechanic...buy good Clutch and pressure plate.....at most it will cost you around 10K ....goodness 3S dealers is just a myth...they are all "chor and lutairay"...most of them don't even know s*** about cars.....whoever becomes good mechanic among them leaves them to start his own work....
    NiGhT ShAdE>>~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List