0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default altis 1.6 dual vvti oil recommendation

as i have bought new corolla altis 1.6 so i am confused right now which oil should be used for this zic a plus sou zic ow?

thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I use caltex havoline 10w30

U can try 5w liqui moly fully synthetic

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If Only Everything in Life was as Reliable as a Diesel. Because Compressed Natural Gas Can't Drive.
    "Member ANTI-CNG Club"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know I am going to get stick on this, but I have had the Corolla GLi 1.6 Auto since October 2013. I have driven nearly 7100 kms, gone through two oil changes, with the third scheduled at 7500 km mark. I use the company recommended motor oil 0w30 blend by MAL. The car gives me 11.5 kmpl in the city (Lahore), with continuous stop and go traffic, plus keeps the vehicle under warranty. I used the Caltex Havoline Synthetic Motor Oil, in my Honda City 2011 previously, which worked like a charm and I wanted to use it in the Corolla as well but I guess with these cars, the manufacturers warranty should be fully utilized. So in my opinion stick with the IMC's recommended oil for at-least the warranty period. Just drain the oil every 2 - 2.5 k kms, with change of oil filter at 5k and your car will give you the peace of mind you deserve by buying a brand new car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm using Liqui Moli 4-40 fully synthetic , change every 7500 kms. Highly recommended. After 7500 kms , the oil comes in pretty good condition as compared to the oem Toyota oil after 5000kms which used to look in pretty bad shape. My car is driven 40000 kms and I travel a lot on Isb / lhr motorway.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salash View Post
    I'm using Liqui Moli 4-40 fully synthetic , change every 7500 kms. Highly recommended. After 7500 kms , the oil comes in pretty good condition as compared to the oem Toyota oil after 5000kms which used to look in pretty bad shape. My car is driven 40000 kms and I travel a lot on Isb / lhr motorway.
    Which filter do you use with this oil

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    If Only Everything in Life was as Reliable as a Diesel. Because Compressed Natural Gas Can't Drive.
    "Member ANTI-CNG Club"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadsajjad View Post
    as i have bought new corolla altis 1.6 so i am confused right now which oil should be used for this zic a plus sou zic ow?

thanks
    khuda k liye stick to toyota's 5W-30 !!
    its a Japanese oil imported by IMC !!
    i've used Zic n Total 9000 n i was highly unsatisfied with their performance but toyota 5w-30 tin pack made my engine soundless n gives gr8 mileage too... i'm getting around 14 km in RWP/ISB city n 18+ on highway... baki apki mrzi !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks bro

as i have asked one of my friend he has suggested me a plus and zi company has suggested me as well a plus as compare to environment and temperature of pakistan.

regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saadsajjad View Post
    thanks bro

as i have asked one of my friend he has suggested me a plus and zi company has suggested me as well a plus as compare to environment and temperature of pakistan.

regards
    According to the environment and temperate of Pakistan i suggest you NOT to use Zic A+. Its 5w-20.. 5 Viscosity and 20 temperature.
    I would suggest you too use LM 5w-50/Kixx Pao 5w-40/Zic XQ 5w-40.. LM is simply the best and expensive.
    And if you want the warranty of your car then go for Toyota Oil.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mobil1 5w50 is the best! been using it in my altis since 2006 and the car has been driven 1 lack 70 thousand km so far and the car does not reduce oil at all n neither have i ever faced any kind of problem during city driving(stop and go driving),highway driving including high rev driving! baki all brands are fazool such as zic and other crappy brands!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ when do you change your oil? After how many km ??

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i dont know how much uv read abt oils as in kitne depth and detail mein but iv read abt it in alot of depth! and when it comes to engine oils such as mobil1 etc...if your oil turns dark that does not mean that its lost its properties to lubricate etc..if uv noticed mobil1 ka engine oil is not totally golden its a bit towards the darker shade! and our local pakistani thinking is the sooner the engine oil gets dark bas its time to change it bas its lost its properties to function as an engine oil! this is type 1 thinking the type2 thinking is ARAY YAR MY ENGINE OIL IS THE BEST IV DRIVEN MY CAR 5000km and its still golden kya zabardast oil hai! lol! (this means ur engine oil isnt performing well,its not performing upto standard and how it should be performing) jitni jaldi oil gets dirty itna it means its performing its functions well!
    and you asked me after how many kms i change the engine oil well on an average 7000km since 5000km is too soon for a high end high performance engine oil! and changing it at 5000km is a waste of money keh a person fills in such an expensive oil and then drains it so early! and secondly i can afford to extend the oil change interval since my engine sludge free! my advice would be dont judge the engine oil by its color! coz ho sakta hai ur engine oil gets dark brown at 2000km! but this wont mean shabash its time to change!
    since we dont have labs here to test the engine oil il tell u the best way to check...fill in the same oil and use it for lets say 10,000km and then check its viscosity on the dip stick and the smell of the oil ul get a feel of it! and later fill in the same oil and drain it at 5000km while doing the same checking the viscosity of it on the dipstick with ur finger and smelling the oil this way ul get an idea keh kitne km baad the oil should be changed!
    but there is no hard and fast rule keh itne hee km baad u have to change it coz there are alot of factors that contribute to the when the oil should be changed such as the environment u live in eg..dusty,humid etc..besides this how the car is driven (high speed highway driving ya stop and go city driving) do u change gears and low rpms or really redline the car and shift etc..etc.. so like i said it depends on alot of factors!
    and ur question to me was keh after how much kms do i change the engine oil and i said 7000km! and i said it keeping all factors in mind!

and i forgot to mention 1 thing more...airfilter plays a major role! a dirty choked airfilter will contaminate your engine oil sooner compared to a clean airfilter!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Was that reply for me? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List