Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By capsat
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Alits 07 transmission problem!

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.khawaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Alits 07 transmission problem!

    Dear Bros,

    Assalamualikum!

    I own an Altis 07 auto transmission. I recently faced some abnormality in the transmission. Only sometimes, the 3 gear gets stuck for a bit and takes RMP all the way upto 3000~3200 before changing and speed goes beyond 80kmph. It was only doing it very rarely but on my trip to Islamabad, the frequency increased. But now it has gone to normal again. Only very rarely it does that now.
    For those who have experience with 1.8 Altis 07 model, they know that 3k RMP is very high specially when driving with light foot. Normal gear changing RMP for me is 2000 to 2200 max 2400. So expert opinion is required if the problem is serious or just some error in system. Would highly appriciate if PW Gurus could help.

    Thanks a lot in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hasnain2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,800
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Get transmission oil changed in quick successions, preferably after every 500 kms for at least three times. Buy a good brand.
    The tragedy of life is not what we suffer, its rather what we miss.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    leo_ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    AOA,
    I have recently perchased 1.6gli auto 110km driven only but when i start the car its RPM remain slightly below 1000 u can say 900 even i don't press accelerator as it is my first auto car i don't know about auto is it normal in auto-transmission or there is problem in my car ???


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    both owners please share any maintenance history if available.

    ATF fluid & filter need to be changed every 40,000 kms when was that done in your vehicles.??? RPM without aircon shall be between 750 -900 with aircon 1000 ~1100 depending on what fuel is used i.e. liquid or gas
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hasnain2005 View Post
    Get transmission oil changed in quick successions, preferably after every 500 kms for at least three times. Buy a good brand.
    Salute to your wisdom ! 500 KMs ?? & ATF change ? Mahaan Hain aap ! SIRE @hasnain2005 ! salute with my both hands
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    leo_ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    both owners please share any maintenance history if available.

    ATF fluid & filter need to be changed every 40,000 kms when was that done in your vehicles.??? RPM without aircon shall be between 750 -900 with aircon 1000 ~1100 depending on what fuel is used i.e. liquid or gas
    Bro i have mentioned that i have purchased recently 3 days ago n done only 110 kms is 900 RPM normal in auto transmission without accelerator press and what is aircon plz ?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leo_ali View Post
    Bro i have mentioned that i have purchased recently 3 days ago n done only 110 kms is 900 RPM normal in auto transmission without accelerator press and what is aircon plz ?


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app
    it is perfectly normal. no need to worry. aircon is air conditioner

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    leo_ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haroon_Tarar View Post
    it is perfectly normal. no need to worry. aircon is air conditioner
    Ok thanks alot


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums mobile app

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.khawaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks all for the input. I really dont have the exact history of the car maintenance as I have bought it only 5~6 months ago but as per my info, the previous owner was very meticulous about maintenance. Car has done around 150k km. And little that even I know is, 500 km ATF change is silly. Bhai 500km main tu aik tank bhi khatam nai hota tu....

    And @leo_ali, ya 900 RPM is perfectly normal. Mine, when started and engine is cold, goes to like 1200 RPM for about 30 secs and then starts to calm down upto 800~900 RPM. And for engine so big -1800CC, AC does not make much of difference and RPMs remain pretty much same.
    @capsat, thanks for suggestion and help and that is probably it but have you faced such/similar problem earlier? I am trying to find some
    experienced opinion coz I dont wanna keep on going on hit and trial. Your opinion seems most logical and I will surely consider it. BTW, just brainstorming, what could be any other root cause for this problem?

    Just on side note, other than this minor prob, this car is absolute pleasure to drive and I suspect, I wouldn't like any other local car anymore except a few..

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.khawaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    And thank @Haroon_Tarar for input. Can you please suggest something @Xulfiqar bhai?

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,897
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan.khawaja View Post
    Thanks all for the input. I really dont have the exact history of the car maintenance as I have bought it only 5~6 months ago but as per my info, the previous owner was very meticulous about maintenance. Car has done around 150k km. And little that even I know is, 500 km ATF change is silly. Bhai 500km main tu aik tank bhi khatam nai hota tu....

    And @leo_ali, ya 900 RPM is perfectly normal. Mine, when started and engine is cold, goes to like 1200 RPM for about 30 secs and then starts to calm down upto 800~900 RPM. And for engine so big -1800CC, AC does not make much of difference and RPMs remain pretty much same.
    @capsat, thanks for suggestion and help and that is probably it but have you faced such/similar problem earlier? I am trying to find some
    experienced opinion coz I dont wanna keep on going on hit and trial. Your opinion seems most logical and I will surely consider it. BTW, just brainstorming, what could be any other root cause for this problem?

    Just on side note, other than this minor prob, this car is absolute pleasure to drive and I suspect, I wouldn't like any other local car anymore except a few..
    There are few technical things regarding auto transmission

    The TPS plays a vital role in decision of changing gears
    There is a filter inside the gear box that filters the oil circulation with in the gear box
    There are (generally) three solenoids on the gear box.


    The solution given by Hussain to change gear oil after every 500 km (three times) is to some what clean the choked filter.
    It may require 5 times gear oil change to clean it enough to work properly.
    or
    you need to open gear box and get the filter clean

    But one thing is for sure that some thing has been damaged due to not changing gear oil with in time.
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  12. #12
    PakWheeler Follow
    hassan.khawaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    75
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    There are few technical things regarding auto transmission

    The TPS plays a vital role in decision of changing gears
    There is a filter inside the gear box that filters the oil circulation with in the gear box
    There are (generally) three solenoids on the gear box.


    The solution give by Hussain to change gear oil after every 500 km (three times) is to some what clean the choked filter.
    It may may 5 times gear oil change to clean it enough to work properly.
    or
    you need to open gear box and get the filter clean

    But one thing is for sure that some thing has been damaged due to not changing gear oil with in time.

    Thanks @Spano. But why does it happen only like once in a month or 2. Since now i have experienced this thing like 3 to 4 times since I had this car.
    Anyway, I am considering oil change and probably filter change. I will check with showroom where it was maintained if the gear oil change and filter change was done in time.

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,897
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hassan.khawaja View Post
    Thanks @Spano. But why does it happen only like once in a month or 2. Since now i have experienced this thing like 3 to 4 times since I had this car.
    Anyway, I am considering oil change and probably filter change. I will check with showroom where it was maintained if the gear oil change and filter change was done in time.
    filter is fitted inside the gear box, so that never changes.
    You will have to open the gear box and clean the filter (In worse case)
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Haroon_Tarar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,213
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Problems with auto tranny are difficult to diagnose. If you want it to be perfectly diagnosed, you have to get it opened which is not recommended.

    It is very much possible that one of the solenoids is creating the issue.

    I had a CVT transmission 97 civic. Got the axle repaired one day and there was some leakage of gear oil. We put about 100ml of Warco ATF in the gearbox. The car ran for only 5kms and stopped changing gears. I had to change gear oil 3 times to bring the car back to normal in 300kms.

    First try to get its record. If its not available, Allah ka naam le k gear oil change kr den

    Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    capsat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    10
    Posts
    12,597
    Follows
    31
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    5
    Best Answers
    3
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Incase of Toyota(s) ATF filter can be reached by opening transmission sump - for lawn mowers... !... i don't know neither i have any idea

    If both users have Toyota please change ATF & filter soon, - if it is lawn mowers - am so sorry I use Sohrab cycle to pull lawn mower

    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    filter is fitted inside the gear box, so that never changes.
    You will have to open the gear box and clean the filter (In worse case)
    my 2 hand salute both are Toyota users, am I right to understand you are referring to Lawn mower manufacturer HONDA ??


    Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    There are few technical things regarding auto transmission

    The TPS plays a vital role in decision of changing gears
    There is a filter inside the gear box that filters the oil circulation with in the gear box
    There are (generally) three solenoids on the gear box.


    The solution given by Hussain to change gear oil after every 500 km (three times) is to some what clean the choked filter.
    It may require 5 times gear oil change to clean it enough to work properly.
    or
    you need to open gear box and get the filter clean

    But one thing is for sure that some thing has been damaged due to not changing gear oil with in time.
    < sigh > < yawn >
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vagabondpiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,328
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If ATF has not been changed till 150k kms , better don't change now else it'll be a dead transmission.

    Sent from my LG-E975 using PW Forums mobile app
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vagabondpiper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,328
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    If you floor the gas pedal , gear shift takes place at much higher RPM as compared to normal drive .

    Sent from my LG-E975 using PW Forums mobile app
    No one cares for Toyota more then Toyota

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    For ATF, make sure you are using the correct type, it should say on the dipstick itself, if its T-IV dont use anything else other than T-IV or a HFM type ATF which claims to be suitable.

    If it says WS - dont use anything else than WS.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Proverbial_Slang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    3,906
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yup! If you haven't changed the transmission fluid after buying the car, please do so and put in the manufacturer's suggested oil.
    Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Spano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,897
    Follows
    21
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    Incase of Toyota(s) ATF filter can be reached by opening transmission sump - for lawn mowers... !... i don't know neither i have any idea

    If both users have Toyota please change ATF & filter soon, - if it is lawn mowers - am so sorry I use Sohrab cycle to pull lawn mower



    my 2 hand salute both are Toyota users, am I right to understand you are referring to Lawn mower manufacturer HONDA ??




    < sigh > < yawn >
    I am not here to argue, I am sharing my experience and point of view
    Ehtesham Bokhari
    https://www.facebook.com/sebokhari

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •