0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post oxygen sensor of 5AFHE engine.

gud evening. I have got corolla 1990 equipped with 5AFHE engine.
    Ist Issue is that its O2 sensor is present but has been left unwired with four wires hanging down. Its denso 4 wire sensor with 2 black,1 White and 1 Blue. As far as I have studied about its wires, BLACK wires are for Heater,BLUE is signal wire and White is Sensor ground. 1 Black wire is connected to +12V or +B while the other Black goes to HT pin of ECU. Blue connects to OX pin and and White gets to Sensor ground or E2. Plz do correct me if m wrong.
    If this configuration is right then problem arises that how to locate pins on ECU,If somebody can show me the pin out diagram of this particular engine,It'd be highly appreciated.
    2nd problem is that car is running without Diagnosis Box but its going good. Is it fine NOT TO have Diagnosis Box...??If NO,,what is the solution....?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wait for Xulfiqar.
    Never loose hope in life,every step gives u something.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you have the wiring part correct.

before you hook it up - measure the heater coil resistance inside, it should be 13 ohms, if its not then your ECU will throw a o2 heater circuit code. For pins open the ECU case and you will find the pinouts printed on the board
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

#Xulfiqar bahi I hope u'd b doing good. I have not fixed O2 sensor connections yet...,,,,,I wanted 2 ask u dat as dere r many other sensors under da hood which get +12V nd sensor ground nd 4om here we can get 12V nd sensor ground for O2 sensor but wat about blue wire or signal wire and HT wire,,how can dey b traced in wiring w/o opening da ECU.
    Secondly z there ny difference b/t 5AFE nd 5AFHE ECUs...?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ihbaar View Post
    #Xulfiqar bahi I hope u'd b doing good. I have not fixed O2 sensor connections yet...,,,,,I wanted 2 ask u dat as dere r many other sensors under da hood which get +12V nd sensor ground nd 4om here we can get 12V nd sensor ground for O2 sensor but wat about blue wire or signal wire and HT wire,,how can dey b traced in wiring w/o opening da ECU.
    Secondly z there ny difference b/t 5AFE nd 5AFHE ECUs...?
    There are four wire's in the o2 connector 2 are black wire's and 1 is white and the other one is blue now note down that the both black one;s are for the heater wire's one is 12Vdc which come's from the EFI main relay or it is jointed with the +B terminal of the ECU. the other black wire is of HT(oxygen sensor heater circuit). it is the ground connection for the heater circuit and it also come's from the ECU connector this is your heater circuit diagram. the blue one is of oxygen sensor output from the sensor it will take the voltage refference signal to the ecu about oxygen ratio. the White one is ground. what ground????? not the ground of the body or battery the ground from the ECU the (E1 or E2 ) terminal of the ecu is connected with this pin ,, this is the total diagram you needed if you still had confusion about how to connect it then contact me I will send you my cell no to explain how to do it. for the thing of hoe to trace them you just need one digital multimeter and you will connect the sensor without opening the ecu...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u described in detail #rajaatta,,,m indebted..u explained da layout of wires of O2 sensor briefly nd dis layout z known 2 me. Da actual issue z dat O2 sensor z dere in da exhaust wid 4 wires hanging down left unwired and da wires which r coming from ECU for O2 sensor r unknown nd I dont know whether dey r present in da wiring harness or not... I know about da wires and where they r connected in ECU but 4 dat I'l have 2 open up da ECU nd I dont want 2 fiddle wid it.....I'd b gr8ful if u'l give ur CONTACT NUMBER,,I'l tell u details.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ihbaar View Post
    u described in detail #rajaatta,,,m indebted..u explained da layout of wires of O2 sensor briefly nd dis layout z known 2 me. Da actual issue z dat O2 sensor z dere in da exhaust wid 4 wires hanging down left unwired and da wires which r coming from ECU for O2 sensor r unknown nd I dont know whether dey r present in da wiring harness or not... I know about da wires and where they r connected in ECU but 4 dat I'l have 2 open up da ECU nd I dont want 2 fiddle wid it.....I'd b gr8ful if u'l give ur CONTACT NUMBER,,I'l tell u details.....
    there is nothing wrong if you open up the ecu to see whether it is the heater circuit for the o2 or not wiring is not a problem you can find it very easily if not give me a call or visit me pmeing you my cell no

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List