2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default help required for corolla Se Saloon AC

Aoa, I have a 2003 Se Saloon 83k driven, had purchased it 0 meter and since then it is with me, as you all know the ac of this car is awesome.
    Initially when I drove the car on ac I did not feel any huge difference in the acceleration etc, but this season when I turn the ac on i feel like my car is pulling back, and I hear a proper "TIK" voice when the compressor clutch engages, rest there is no difference in the cooling it still freezes the cabin. I got the gas etc checked and everything is fine. Also another problem is that initially when I started the ac on idle the RPM would go up to around 7-800 BUT the engine would never vibrate, but now when I turn the ac on, even if the RPM is on 1000 I feel the engine vibrating.

Kindly advice what the problem would be and how to get it resolved.
    @Xulfiqar would really appreciate if you share your expertise.

Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Check the cabin filter, don't know about Toyota but it was present in my Honda Civic 2005. I think your car is of almost same generation.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    Check the cabin filter, don't know about Toyota but it was present in my Honda Civic 2005. I think your car is of almost same generation.
    There is no filter in this model, though there is space for the filter in the cabin.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then your ac compressor have become weak

Sent from my C6603 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the solution?? Please note that I have never serviced the car ac since I got the car so will a service help?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First try to get it serviced.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tik is sound of relay and its ok. check foundations rest fine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What is the solution?? Please note that I have never serviced the car ac since I got the car so will a service help?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talhabinomar View Post
    First try to get it serviced.
    the car has been maintained by toyota rawal motors, shall I get it serviced by them or do you suggest any other mechanic in rawalpindi islamabad?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by askai37 View Post
    tik is sound of relay and its ok. check foundations rest fine
    The voice did not use to be as prominent as it is now, i can hear the voice inside the cabin so it is quite loud, you mean the engine foundations? if yes how much will they cost me in total? if I get them done from toyota?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basuu View Post
    Aoa, I have a 2003 Se Saloon 83k driven, had purchased it 0 meter and since then it is with me, as you all know the ac of this car is awesome.
    Initially when I drove the car on ac I did not feel any huge difference in the acceleration etc, but this season when I turn the ac on i feel like my car is pulling back, and I hear a proper "TIK" voice when the compressor clutch engages, rest there is no difference in the cooling it still freezes the cabin. I got the gas etc checked and everything is fine. Also another problem is that initially when I started the ac on idle the RPM would go up to around 7-800 BUT the engine would never vibrate, but now when I turn the ac on, even if the RPM is on 1000 I feel the engine vibrating.

Kindly advice what the problem would be and how to get it resolved.
    @Xulfiqar would really appreciate if you share your expertise.

Regards
    Basuu, the tick sound is the compressor going on and off. I have a 2006 City and am facing the same issue. It is also hurting my car's performance, and the fuel economy completely busted. In Rawalpindi/Islamabad, I have two places to go:

1. Pakistan Car AC (besides Survey of Pakistan, Murree Road): Expensive but good. They can tell what's wrong with the AC in minutes, and would provide good parts. But again, go to them if you can afford Rs. 8,500 for service and gas recharge.

2. Mohal Car AC, G-8/4, behind Mauve Avenue: Very honest person, Umar bhai (0333 553 5440). He charged the gas, and asked me to test it for a week. It didn't work. He then gave a complete service of the AC system, plus another gas recharge for only Rs. 4,800. Now, I think the compressor may need to be changed. For that, he is suggesting a used one, and he would charge for it only if it works to my satisfaction. So on reliability and cost side, he is a definite plus.

Hope that helped.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by imranadeel View Post
    Basuu, the tick sound is the compressor going on and off. I have a 2006 City and am facing the same issue. It is also hurting my car's performance, and the fuel economy completely busted. In Rawalpindi/Islamabad, I have two places to go:

1. Pakistan Car AC (besides Survey of Pakistan, Murree Road): Expensive but good. They can tell what's wrong with the AC in minutes, and would provide good parts. But again, go to them if you can afford Rs. 8,500 for service and gas recharge.

2. Mohal Car AC, G-8/4, behind Mauve Avenue: Very honest person, Umar bhai (0333 553 5440). He charged the gas, and asked me to test it for a week. It didn't work. He then gave a complete service of the AC system, plus another gas recharge for only Rs. 4,800. Now, I think the compressor may need to be changed. For that, he is suggesting a used one, and he would charge for it only if it works to my satisfaction. So on reliability and cost side, he is a definite plus.

Hope that helped.
    Thanks a lot for the sharing the info brother, one of the pakwheelers above also told me that my compressor is weak, but why is the cooling still the same (chilled) secondly trust me I actually do not want to take a risk of putting in a kabli part in my car as I have always used genuine parts from Toyota, but I also believe that if I get myself a new compressor from toyota they will squeeze my entire months salary plus I am sure I wont find a compressor of this type as the new compressors I believe come with some different technology. (rotary or what) and I heard my car comes with a piston compressor or vice verse which is far better then the new compressors.

Do you think a service would serve the purpose? as I never got the ac services since 2003

One more question, do you think getting the ac serviced from toyota rawal is ok? as I don't feel comfortable with the local mechanics (sorry but I have had a bitter experience a couple of times)

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by basuu View Post
    Thanks a lot for the sharing the info brother, one of the pakwheelers above also told me that my compressor is weak, but why is the cooling still the same (chilled) secondly trust me I actually do not want to take a risk of putting in a kabli part in my car as I have always used genuine parts from Toyota, but I also believe that if I get myself a new compressor from toyota they will squeeze my entire months salary plus I am sure I wont find a compressor of this type as the new compressors I believe come with some different technology. (rotary or what) and I heard my car comes with a piston compressor or vice verse which is far better then the new compressors.

Do you think a service would serve the purpose? as I never got the ac services since 2003

One more question, do you think getting the ac serviced from toyota rawal is ok? as I don't feel comfortable with the local mechanics (sorry but I have had a bitter experience a couple of times)

Regards
    and i do not mind spending extra money on Pakistan car AC but just need to be sure if they really know what they re doing and not just to rip off

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

basuu, I have found Pakistan Car AC folks to be technically sound. They charge higher, but they are good. I would probably visit them today as well, as I want them to check my car's AC. It chills good when it is in speed. On idle and at low speeds, it doesn't. And there's too much load on the engine.

The AC system's service will improve cooling and increase the chilled air's throw/blow. In our environment, I believe we should have the system serviced once a year, or in max 2 years.

Here's a simple test to see if you need service: Turn the AC on, and stick a thermometer in your AC vent. Keep it there for 20/30 seconds. Take it out and check if it is zero or lower. If that's the case, then the compressor and gas are fine, and you may need servicing. If it's not that low then you either need a gas change/recharge, or checkup of the rest of the system (compressor, condenser, filter).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

basuu, I have found Pakistan Car AC folks to be technically sound. They charge higher, but they are good. I would probably visit them today as well, as I want them to check my car's AC. It chills good when it is in speed. On idle and at low speeds, it doesn't. And there's too much load on the engine.

The AC system's service will improve cooling and increase the chilled air's throw/blow. In our environment, I believe we should have the system serviced once a year, or in max 2 years.

Here's a simple test to see if you need service: Turn the AC on, and stick a thermometer in your AC vent. Keep it there for 20/30 seconds. Take it out and check if it is zero or lower. If that's the case, then the compressor and gas are fine, and you may need servicing. If it's not that low then you either need a gas change/recharge, or checkup of the rest of the system (compressor, condenser, filter).
    Which speed to I have to keep the blower fan on while doing this test? and shall I do this during drive or shall I do it on car idle?
    Kindly also share your experience and results with Pakistan car AC and the total cost and which services were included.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any fan speed is ok, because the purpose is to check the cooling/temperature, and not the blow of the fan. The car should be on idle.

Pakistan Car AC asks for Rs. 8,500 for service and gas recharge. Mohal (G-8) charges Rs. 4,800 for the same job. If you ask for professional honesty, Mohal Car AC is on the top. I went to him 3 days ago, and he said that he's gonna try a used (Kabli) compressor. He'll recharge the gas, and will give me 3 months warranty. If this doesn't solve the problem then he will take the compressor back, and charge me nothing. You don't find such people around any more. I was at Honda Center yesterday, and the AC guy there had the same conclusion that Mohal had: the compressor is weak. Pakistan Car AC did not arrive at this conclusion. They said that the fault was due to blockage in the system, and would get fine if I get it overhauled.

If the problem is not very complex then go for Mohal. You can give my reference as well (Imran, Silver City 2006).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any fan speed is ok, because the purpose is to check the cooling/temperature, and not the blow of the fan. The car should be on idle.

Pakistan Car AC asks for Rs. 8,500 for service and gas recharge. Mohal (G-8) charges Rs. 4,800 for the same job. If you ask for professional honesty, Mohal Car AC is on the top. I went to him 3 days ago, and he said that he's gonna try a used (Kabli) compressor. He'll recharge the gas, and will give me 3 months warranty. If this doesn't solve the problem then he will take the compressor back, and charge me nothing. You don't find such people around any more. I was at Honda Center yesterday, and the AC guy there had the same conclusion that Mohal had: the compressor is weak. Pakistan Car AC did not arrive at this conclusion. They said that the fault was due to blockage in the system, and would get fine if I get it overhauled.

If the problem is not very complex then go for Mohal. You can give my reference as well (Imran, Silver City 2006).
    I sure will, and thanks a lot for sharing the details

18. 06-08-2014, 10:45 PM

19. 06-08-2014, 10:48 PM

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List