Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Query About Raidtor

AOA

Guys i have Toyota Corrolla GL 99 model (EE100 / 1300cc ).
    Recently it started over heating i went to mechanic and he suggest that radiator needs to be changed.
    So i've got it changed.
    The new radiator was of different model and slight bigger in breadth then the old radiator. and also the mechanic said it is dual vien (??). and also i noted that old radiator cap didnt fit on new radiator so mechanic asked to get cap for xli and that cap was perfectly fit So now the engine is not over heating but i have noted that when my old radiator was working fine the temp needle remained in middle , the auto fan switch kept it there
    but now with new radiator the fan automatically starts when the needle is way below half. and needle remains below half

My Question is : is it alright that way ?? cause i've heard that at half temp (optimum temp) the consumption is good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will u have changed radiator obviously will have some disadvantages ....... company always design some thing best suit the car specs ............ thermostate valve also designed to work with a specific size of radiator .......... but its good ur engine wont overheat again .............. the consumption thing i dnt thing it will have a big affect specially in hot seasons with A/C working u did right thing just keep check on engine heat and Radiator working ................ consumption not a big deal be happy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there is a chance that your mechanic turned your fan to direct other than automatic(genuine and fan starts when engine warms )...better to test with the following procedure

turn the ac off and turn your ignition key at level 2 .dont start the engine just turn your ignition level to 2 see whether the fans turns on ...if fans turns on then mechanic turned your fan to direct

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List