Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default RPM jumping from 1 to 2 after tune up

Respected Member AOA,
    I have a corolla altis 1.8 2010, it is only used on motorway, from the past 3 weeks the car was standing in the garage and i did not have time to take it out and give it a little ride due to short of time.but yesterday i had to take it out as there was emergency and i suddenly noticed that the car was heavy during acceleration i.e Pick problem, completed my work and came back and made a plan to take it to mechanic.I had installed Iriduim plugs denso ik 20 which turned out to be dirty while my mechanic took them out cleaned them up and re-intalled them.He used a carby cleaner to clean "THATHAR" this word was used by my mechanic and the cleaned the sensor too after that when we checked the car the pick was fine and the car was good going.While coming back from workshop to home i noticed that the rpm was jumping from 1 to 2 and then suddenly coming back to 0.5 and then moving up to 1 rpm.I got very angry because the factory setting was 0.5 during normal temperature and 1 or 1.5 while cold start.while doind a speed of 60 when i put the car on netural the rpm started to jump just like above i mentioned and he did not disturbed the electric things i was standing while he was doing the work.Took the car back to him and told him the situation he said larkay nai terminal nahi otara and he removed the battery terminal and gave it a time of 1 minute and then he connected it again now it is fine showed it to another mechanic he also said it perfectly fine.My question is why this thing happened either it is due to sensor or what, because he cleaned the sensor with carby cleaner which i told him that its not good for the rubber he said i know just used to clean the inside not the rubber part i dont know but ,the car is on petrol no cng at all.I wrote such a long message because i have to travel to lahore with my family and cannot afford problems on the road.Getting a little tension, and i hope everything is fine with my car, the car has done only 18000 kms and its engine bay is never washed with pressure water as prescribed by toyota manufacturer only cleaned with dry cloth and with pressure air.Waitng for your good response

Click here for SOLUTION

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your car has lost the throttle motor synchronization points, It can be recalibrated by a scan tool in under 5 minutes at a toyota showroom or any other shop who has such equipment.

The throttle motor does not need to be cleaned in normal service. The genuine platinum/iridium spark plugs are not for "awesome pickup" - they are for long life - (100,000 kms or more)

Dont spray carby cleaner on a HOT MAF sensor - it heats up itself to burn off any oil/dirt from it when you shut the engine down, If its weak or causing problems (check via scanner only) then you clean/test it or replace it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now it seems perfectly fine i did it with another of my relative vehicle car there was no problem and i remember he disconnected the terminal from the battery, i have to travel 2morow plz guide me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any one now it seems fine though

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ik20????? thats heat range 6!! u should be using ik16 not ik20! ik16 is heat range 5! first of all buddy change ur plugs ur using an incorrect heatrange! this means if u start the car in the morning and u take it till ur local store which is just a km or two away and then shut ur car ur plugs will foul so badly theyl be totally black!!! coz ik20 is a cold plug! the plug wudnt have got enuff time to reach its optimum self cleaning temperature hence on short trips ur plug will foul very badly ul get pathetic mileage ur car will give problems!
    and iridium plugs cannot be cleaned bas sumaj lo if ur chacha mechanic cleaned ur iridium plug with some wire brush ya sand paper ur iridium plug aint iridium anymore coz the tip u see aint iridium wats iridium on an iridium plug is a very fine coating over that tip and if its removed ya scrubbed then bas....baqi tum sumajdaar ho!
    and yes ur car will give problems thanday pe like u mentioned coz ik20 is not meant for this engine! i dont know what engine the 2010 1.8 has but i have a 2006 1.8 altis and i checked on an authentic website keh 1zzfe mein ik16 dalta hai if ur using iridium!

xulfiqar bhai would u like to shed some light on the topic of the plug ik20 being too cold for his cars engine?
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aamirq View Post
    ik20????? thats heat range 6!! u should be using ik16 not ik20! ik16 is heat range 5! first of all buddy change ur plugs ur using an incorrect heatrange! this means if u start the car in the morning and u take it till ur local store which is just a km or two away and then shut ur car ur plugs will foul so badly theyl be totally black!!! coz ik20 is a cold plug! the plug wudnt have got enuff time to reach its optimum self cleaning temperature hence on short trips ur plug will foul very badly ul get pathetic mileage ur car will give problems!
    and iridium plugs cannot be cleaned bas sumaj lo if ur chacha mechanic cleaned ur iridium plug with some wire brush ya sand paper ur iridium plug aint iridium anymore coz the tip u see aint iridium wats iridium on an iridium plug is a very fine coating over that tip and if its removed ya scrubbed then bas....baqi tum sumajdaar ho!
    and yes ur car will give problems thanday pe like u mentioned coz ik20 is not meant for this engine! i dont know what engine the 2010 1.8 has but i have a 2006 1.8 altis and i checked on an authentic website keh 1zzfe mein ik16 dalta hai if ur using iridium!

xulfiqar bhai would u like to shed some light on the topic of the plug ik20 being too cold for his cars engine?
    Amir bhai these ik 20 were recommended to me over here at pakwheels

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They were recommended to me by JZ bhai i had inboxed him regarding that

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

read this..it was posted at an other international forum!

My stock Toyota Wish 1.8 1zz-fe has run 80k and required a spark plug changed now. According to Denso, 1zz-fe uses IK16. What if I use IK20 which is 1 step colder? Will it provide better performance or damage the car?

the answer was:
    colder spark plug cant improve performance bro.. cold n hot spark plug is design for various type of engine.. so use as wht being recommended..

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

still if u have any doubts abt what im saying here check it for urself!

IRIDIUM SPARK PLUG [SPORTS] | TRD

check which plug is being used for a 1zz fe engine! the site even recommends ik16 and not ik20!

u can even check on this website that ik16 is used for 1.8 1zz fe and ik20 is meant for 2.4 lit engines!

http://www.globaldenso.com/cgi-bin/g...LLA&cc=&FF=100
    - Sylvester Stallone

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List