Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By arzaam.bhatti
  • 1 Post By dms664

Thread: AC compressor 2010 corolla

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default AC compressor 2010 corolla

    The AC suddenly stops working and blowing hot air sometimes and other times it works intermittently, problem was more frequent when driving around at lower speeds, showed it to a AC technician, the gas level etc was okay and compressor was running at the time but making weird grinding noises at idle though the noises stop when you rev above 1500rpm, the Ac tech said "compressor is taking on pressure" by looking at the gauge, what does that mean? and he said condenser is choked and it must be replaced. i was not convinced that a in a newish car condenser would require replacing can't it be cleaned?

    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3992 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    the condenser on the newer cars are parallel flow and have the drier built into them, they cannot be flushed like the old units. Get it tested again and cool it down with water and retest the run pressure and temperature in the cabin.

    It maybe due to the wrong oil in the system causing slugging.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    thank you sir for your reply, i thought i would at least have a go at cleaning the fins from the outside, used a pressure washer and kept it in low pressure setting and at a distance being careful not to bend the fins and this came out
    AC compressor 2010 corolla -1438534AC compressor 2010 corolla -1438535AC compressor 2010 corolla -1438538AC compressor 2010 corolla -1438539

    i had no idea it was this dirty, it was some sort of sticky sand kind of substance, now no more noise from the compressor and cooling is perfect and so far has not given problem, money and time saved by not relying on the mechanic
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    talhabinomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,472
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Same happened with me in my Vitz 2009 model, i told the problem to the owner of the workshop where i take my car for check ups, he told me to take the car to a service station and get the radiator and the ac grill washed with pressurized water and the result was same.

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I am having similar issue with my Corolla 2010. When car is idle it has some kind of noise coming from the compressor, when I rev it goes out. But when I drive the AC sensor automatically shuts it down and then again starts it again. I have no idea what's going on. The AC mechanics told me bhai iss compressor mien sensor deeya hua hai yeh nahin banta is ka clutch bhi nahin hai aur bearing be replaceable nahn hai. Issleay terious kid ka kaabli daalien *** 5 maheena ka waaaraantieee hai bhaiyaa. I was like what the hell is he talking about??
    I already have a bad experience with relying on mechanic for steering box repair, he literally put a plastic part in it, so that when ever car gets hot power steering stopped working and when cooled down it started working again. As it turns out the problem was rubber started melting and sticking the moving parts at hot temperatures.

    I am glad I found this topic, I am going to get my condenser cleaned lets pray that it solves my problem too insha'Allah
    Thanks

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well it didnt work for me. It did however, lengthen the time AC is on, but it gets shutdown again. Its very strange while I am at Idle AC is working fine but when I drive is turns off and on automatically.

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.murtaza View Post
    Well it didnt work for me. It did however, lengthen the time AC is on, but it gets shutdown again. Its very strange while I am at Idle AC is working fine but when I drive is turns off and on automatically.
    at idle it works fine? i think the ac compressor belt is loose and slips while moving, the sensor shuts the compressor because of pulley speed mismatch, does the belt make any noise? and how did you clean the condenser?
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,965
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    the 2008-2014 Corolla has compressor issues, As refered by AC mechanics the sensor wala compressor is very sensitive and is a big problem in this model.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  9. #9
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks for the reply. It all happened after I changed the belt which broke off suddenly. The old belt used to slip but ac never went shutdown. After changing the belt some kind of noise like you mentioned in your post was coming from compressor at idle. When I rev it goes away.
    On your suggestion I took car to service station he used water pressure pump by inserting it into front bumper grill. The sound was somewhat diminished but not gone still after driving in city same kind of noise is heard but it's somewhat not that much. I suspected that compressor bearing or clutch is faulty but according to mechanic they are not replace able in latest model.
    I would also like to mention I have a problem with my car's clutch plate that needs to replaced, which I haven't changed yet, could it be related to car ac? When I rev continously up to 3k while in idle the ac keeps working but as soon as the car moves there shutdown and then turn on again after a while. Heat temperature indicator shows everything normal

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    btw Did you took out the front bumper to clean your condenser?

  11. #11
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    the 2008-2014 Corolla has compressor issues, As refered by AC mechanics the sensor wala compressor is very sensitive and is a big problem in this model.
    I dont think so, I think it is far more advance and it protects the engine from overheat by switching it off, I think the mechanic have no idea how to fix this issue and in terms of sensors they have almost no knowledge.
    So they tell you to trash the condenser and compressor and get kaabli from terious kid or old corolla.

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    @m.murtaza
    As you mentioned that problem appeared after changing of belt
    I think simply the belt is either not original part for this model or not put on right
    When you rev in my case the noise also used to go away that's just because when you rev the clutch momentarily disengages or something or is not fully on
    Revving is not the issue

    I think take your car to Toyota motors and have the belt checked and see of it's put in right
    I think problem will be solved

    Don't replace the compressor with tedious kid Etc
    This compressor is designed to work in this model and will work perfectly



    Sent from my iPhone 5S using PW Forums
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  13. #13
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dms664's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,013
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    before start of every summers I wash the condenser of my gli 2k10 with steam or pressure hot water and ma sha Allah till date after clocking 40k on odo Alhumdolellah ac is working like first day it rolled out of show room.
    Take care of the car and it ll take care of you.
    My dear ALLAH when I loose hope, help me to remember that Your love is greater than my disappointment and Your plans for my life are better than my Dreams.

  14. #14
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms664 View Post
    before start of every summers I wash the condenser of my gli 2k10 with steam or pressure hot water and ma sha Allah till date after clocking 40k on odo Alhumdolellah ac is working like first day it rolled out of show room.
    Take care of the car and it ll take care of you.
    How do you wash your condenser? do you take it out?

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    @m.murtaza
    As you mentioned that problem appeared after changing of belt
    I think simply the belt is either not original part for this model or not put on right
    When you rev in my case the noise also used to go away that's just because when you rev the clutch momentarily disengages or something or is not fully on
    Revving is not the issue

    I think take your car to Toyota motors and have the belt checked and see of it's put in right
    I think problem will be solved

    Don't replace the compressor with tedious kid Etc
    This compressor is designed to work in this model and will work perfectly

    Sent from my iPhone 5S using PW Forums
    The problem didnt appear right after changing the belt but gradually. The noise was clear after the belt but the AC stopped working after sometime perhaps after a month or so.
    I just got the belt checked and according to mechanic it was slight loose, which was natural since it was new at the time it got attached. However, the problem didn't go away after tightening it this evening.

    The AC Runs okay for sometime and then the sensor turns it off (not the AC light /button which remains on) and then again it turns it on.
    AC remains in off position more in day time and at night it turns off for just a min or 2.
    So I guess the sensor is shutting it down to prevent overheat, But since it shuts it down I cant tell if my cars is getting overheat as the meter is showing normal.
    Could it be that the sensor needs to be replaced or Reset. I am saying this because I was parked in idle mode with AC on and suddenly I heard something breaking off and the engine temperature needle suddenly climbed up. I turned off the engine as soon as I saw the needle going up. After I popped open the hood I realized that the belt broke off.
    So is it possible that the sensor went broken after this overheat? or has gone in some kind of safe mode?
    There are so many sensors I can see one in compressor other in condenser and yet another in AC piping.
    What I am not able to understand is if the compressor is weak or if there's something wrong with it, then I guess there will certainly be lack of cooling but cooling is perfect when it works. So how can compressor be faulty? Otherwise I would have just changed the compressor.
    Anyways I will go to toyota motors (hyderabad) they are dumb btw but since I have no place else left to go so I will update you guys after that.

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.murtaza View Post
    The problem didnt appear right after changing the belt but gradually. The noise was clear after the belt but the AC stopped working after sometime perhaps after a month or so.
    I just got the belt checked and according to mechanic it was slight loose, which was natural since it was new at the time it got attached. However, the problem didn't go away after tightening it this evening.

    The AC Runs okay for sometime and then the sensor turns it off (not the AC light /button which remains on) and then again it turns it on.
    AC remains in off position more in day time and at night it turns off for just a min or 2.
    So I guess the sensor is shutting it down to prevent overheat, But since it shuts it down I cant tell if my cars is getting overheat as the meter is showing normal.
    Could it be that the sensor needs to be replaced or Reset. I am saying this because I was parked in idle mode with AC on and suddenly I heard something breaking off and the engine temperature needle suddenly climbed up. I turned off the engine as soon as I saw the needle going up. After I popped open the hood I realized that the belt broke off.
    So is it possible that the sensor went broken after this overheat? or has gone in some kind of safe mode?
    There are so many sensors I can see one in compressor other in condenser and yet another in AC piping.
    What I am not able to understand is if the compressor is weak or if there's something wrong with it, then I guess there will certainly be lack of cooling but cooling is perfect when it works. So how can compressor be faulty? Otherwise I would have just changed the compressor.
    Anyways I will go to toyota motors (hyderabad) they are dumb btw but since I have no place else left to go so I will update you guys after that.
    dont confuse much with sensor, your belt broke and thats why your engine temp neddle started climbing up because the belt that drives the compressor also drives the water pump of radiator, have it checked by toyota motors if they say sensor then worry about it but in my experience is its just either wrong compressor oil in system causing sludge or your conesndor is choked as cleaning made the problem better my bet is with condenser, a sensor isn't magic that it works better at night and not in day and gets better after cleaning, i don't think that sensor is at fault, parallel flow condensers can hardly be cleaned from the outside, how many kms is your car driven? if its driven a lot then condensor is choked and can't be cleaned and has to be replaced, your compressor is also making sound because of choked condoesor, if you want to further confirm then goto any ac wala tell him to connect his low and high side gauges and tell you high side pressure, if head pressure is high then for sure your condesor is shot, a brand new one costs 8-9k plus ac gas filling, i suggest you to have it done at toyota motors, they will check head pressure too, note the readings an post them here
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  17. #17
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.murtaza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    dont confuse much with sensor, your belt broke and thats why your engine temp neddle started climbing up because the belt that drives the compressor also drives the water pump of radiator, have it checked by toyota motors if they say sensor then worry about it but in my experience is its just either wrong compressor oil in system causing sludge or your conesndor is choked as cleaning made the problem better my bet is with condenser, a sensor isn't magic that it works better at night and not in day and gets better after cleaning, i don't think that sensor is at fault, parallel flow condensers can hardly be cleaned from the outside, how many kms is your car driven? if its driven a lot then condensor is choked and can't be cleaned and has to be replaced, your compressor is also making sound because of choked condoesor, if you want to further confirm then goto any ac wala tell him to connect his low and high side gauges and tell you high side pressure, if head pressure is high then for sure your condesor is shot, a brand new one costs 8-9k plus ac gas filling, i suggest you to have it done at toyota motors, they will check head pressure too, note the readings an post them here
    By day and night I meant the temperature as surely the temp is cooler at night so the car almost never shuts down the AC.
    The car is run about 100,000+ kilometers. I guess you might be correct about the condenser. I hope its not the compressor, toyota guys told me its about 30k way too expensive

    I have also been told by toyota guys (without checking my car) to get my radiator checked.
    I will go to toyota on Saturday(as today is friday) insha'Allah and post details here.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •