23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla 2010 radiator over flow nipple got broken

Now the coolant is leaking i tried to fix it using magic and elfy but to no vail.And it was broken by the mechanic while he was un screwing the alternator to install new belt.

The red marked part is the nipple which got broke.Now its leaking.Any solution what i can do.
    If this part is blocked permanently will it create some problem.

Corolla 2010 radiator over flow nipple got broken -1439059
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

go to any bumper repair shop they will fix it like new and they will charge max 100 from you.
    Two of the best quotes of Punjabi : 1. Rull tan gae aan! Per Chass aa Gae ai!, 2. Gal Pya Dhol Ty Wajana Penda ay.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok tomoorow i will visit a bumper guy.
    Money differs from an automobile or mistress in being equally important to those who have it and those who do not.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you can try to repair it with PA-66 nylon cable tie and a solder iron (radiator tank is also made with poly amide 66. But be very careful - if you or even the bumper repair dude accidently repairs it in a way that the pressure spring part of the cap becomes trapped - the cap spring will not be able to rise and regulate pressure and blow out the entire radiator tank or a hose pipe.

Some radiator repair places in Karachi had made a screwed nipple that could be screwed into place after heating it up - once cold it would bind to the nylon. Epoxy wont stick to the finished PA surface, you need to rough it up.

Best and most risk free option would be to replace the radiator tank complete and ask the mechanic to pay for this stupidity.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    you can try to repair it with PA-66 nylon cable tie and a solder iron (radiator tank is also made with poly amide 66. But be very careful - if you or even the bumper repair dude accidently repairs it in a way that the pressure spring part of the cap becomes trapped - the cap spring will not be able to rise and regulate pressure and blow out the entire radiator tank or a hose pipe.

Some radiator repair places in Karachi had made a screwed nipple that could be screwed into place after heating it up - once cold it would bind to the nylon. Epoxy wont stick to the finished PA surface, you need to rough it up.

Best and most risk free option would be to replace the radiator tank complete and ask the mechanic to pay for this stupidity.
    Xulfiqar bhai you stated so many repair tips but the best tip is too much costly.

What is that screwed nipple technique.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the screwd nipple is actually a thin pipe nipple made of brass which is also threaded at the end, - please make sure the threads do not reach into the radiator cap cavity as it will bind the cap and cause the entire radiator tank to blow out. The cap is actually a pressure regulator like you have on a pressure cooker at home.

Did you go talk to the mechanic for his stupidity? - tell him to get you a replacement tank
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

will it harm if i block this pipe from both sides.will it cause any damage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by car_bus2008 View Post
    will it harm if i block this pipe from both sides.will it cause any damage.
    the system will burst under pressure, this pipe is the relief line for the cooling system, it is a very important part of it, The way it works is that when the engine gets warmed up the coolant water tries to expand (heat) the radiator cap large heavy spring maintains the rating printed on it, meaning it regulates the pressure in the whole system at 0.9 bar.

If you block this pipe the pressure will never be controlled and something will burst open from the pressure.

Repair it correctly - I know its expensive business but you will feel very angry when you lose your engine to this little pipe - thats why Im telling you to go talk to the mechanic.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmm tomorrow i will talk to the mechanic and i am thinking to get a kabuli radiator.By the way any estimate how much will it be for.But today i blocked it from both side but nothing happened till now apart from some leakage from one side but tomorrow first thing will be to change the whole radiator or to have that thing repaired.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro no need to worry about this damage as i own a corolla from last 3.5 years and i myself changed the nossle or nipple whatever u guys say to this part of the radiator. Go to any toyota dealership and ask them to repair it. I live in lahore and my car is maintained from toyota walton motors b they are expert in this as the mechanic asim said that they repair this nossle/nipple daily of many cars as he said that normally this is the problem coming in corolla after 100000kms it breaks down so no worries go to dealership n get it repaired. Do not block the pipe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cost? Duration to fix?

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir hardly it take 20 mins to repair it properly and i paid 500 rs for this job. They have all the toll and instantly do the repair & this pipe break downs or starts leaking from 2 points one which is with the radiator cap & can also get leaked from a T sort of part where this pipe ends up. At both ends repair can b done easily.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well now i am happy that i got it fixed for 250Rs.

In morning i went to Sultan da Khoo and got price of 5K for the new radiator but i refused to buy it was thinking to get it repaired.

The radiator wala said i will take 250Rs and have it fixed in 25mins.

He cutted a brass pipe from AC pipe and heated that pipe and then with a plier pulled in the broken part of my radiator and voila it got stuck in there then he applied magic and some type of sealant then checked the leaks.It was all set and i paid him the money and went back to home.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List