Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1005 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 55059059559951003100410051006100710151055 ... LastLast
Results 20,081 to 20,100 of 21270
Like Tree12214Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=adeel86;5189999]
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    well for starters i have had a very bad experience with TPL. installed tracker in my city in 15 and left a mess in the car i was still finding pieces of wire pieces for days. does nothing but shows their professional attitude, I mean u havent received ur car yet and someone has already been messin with ur wires. then when my car got totalled in an accident their 7 day claim settlement policy went right out the window. it took 3 months for them to just agree for claim settlement and another 6 weeks for them to come over and take the car and another 2 weeks for them to issue the cheque of 16.5 for a 18 lac new less than 5000 km driven 5 month old car and not to mention that i had to email their cfo to get them moving. would call them and every time they would reply that its under process sent two surveyors over the course of time. I had an accident on highway trying to save an idiot motorcyclist who had slipped in the fast lane and ram myself at the back of a truck. and then watch my mangled car sit in my driveway for f**in 5 months because they are fraud as evey thing in this country. they might not be any honest decent insurance company in Pakistan but for sure TPL isn't one of the good ones. they might good for a bumper. but when u really need ur insurance company to step up they are as fake as any cheap insurance company. so if its meant that u will get screwed over by insurance companies, why not get screwed why saving some money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app
    my comments were only restricted to tracker
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=qwertypoiu;5190355]
    Quote Originally Posted by adeel86 View Post

my comments were only restricted to tracker
    the main gripe people have with tracker is that it doesn't provide enough deterance or benefit w.r.t thieves. you just end up getting wires cut up and nito tapped even before u had the chance to drive the car. rest wrt to keeping track of ur car . well thats another use and requirements vary from person to person. most people are just concerned abt security aspect of the car

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

need a general opinion

1. At what milage should i do first oil change of corolla 1.3 gli 2016??
    2. Which oil to use, toyota motor oil or other?
    3. Should it be 5W 30 as in manual or other viscosity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BEST THINGS IN LIFE R NEVER FREE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kasaas View Post
    need a general opinion

I use 20w50 in my 2006 model change at 5000 intervals since day 1, now car is 190,000kms driven.

In my 2015 1.8 i use Mobil 1 0w40 and change at 10,000 interval car is almost 20k driven.

For you i would suggest 5w30 or 10w40 would be good and change it at 3000 or 5000kms which ever satisfy you. If something from Mobil 1 then change at 10,000kms but use original fuel filter

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

need a general opinion

1. First oil change at 5K kilometers, before that they do the inspection at 1K kilometers.
    2. Stick with factory suggested oil, using other oil for brand new car will be a problem in case of warranty claim.
    3. That's your wish to change it within the range of Toyota oils at dealership.
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As long as oil is original, no matter which brand you use it will not cause engine failure.

Rest for warranty you have to get oil changed from 3s workshop. I have used 10w 30 in my 1.3 (2005) and 1.6 (2015), never faced any issue.

Sent from Mars
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can we replace front seats of new Altis with Prius?
    It's a odd question but my brother doesn't like his Altis driver and front passenger seat and he is planning to replace these with Prius seats
    Glory Glory Manchester United

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Docjunaid View Post
    It's a odd question but my brother doesn't like his Altis driver and front passenger seat and he is planning to replace these with Prius seats
    I think u should go for axio hybrid seats they should be a bolt on

Sent from my ALE-L21 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aia im new in hete can anybody tell me how to make a bew topic ???

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

need a general opinion

bro there are two ways to maintain any machine either you maintain it in best way possible and perform good as new or in a way that it would just be ok.
    if u wanna take the best route, here is it what i suggest you or any one else with a new car should do.
    1 change oil after first 1000 km or in other words when running is complete
    this would allow any metal particals that have be machined during the running in off the engine to be disposed off earlier, rather then be allowed to remain in engine. most of the time they are small enough to be missed by naked eye and at times even smaller enough to pass through filter. trust me i have seen small things pass through filter and then eventually become large enough after being deposited over and over again to have an impact. plus not to mention that toyota puts in cheapest oil in ur car to keep profit margins high. the things is you might never notice the small impacts these deposits make . but prevention is better than cure.

2 . secondly abt the oil, now most people here have a very rudimentary idea of what does oil grades mean and why a certain oil is better than other oils. the thing is oil does lubrication, cooling and cleaning of the engine. and in some engines like honda vtec it even acts as hydraulic oil for engaging vtec system, true its not relevant to corolla but just to tell that an oil does lots of jobs. a 5w50 oil is not a thicker oil then say 10w40. The first no like 5w means that how much the level of viscosity the oil will retain in colder temperature and the other number means how much will it retain when the engine is warm and the ambient temperature is hot. for e.g if say the optimum oil viscosity(thickness) required by the car is 8 then a 5w oil will maintain the value at or near 8 up till its -10 C outside and 50 means that oil will maintain the value 8 or near it when its 40+C temp outside . so bottom line is oil viscosity range defines the temp range in which the oil will holds its desired viscosity so if u look closely the manual even has a bar daigram showing temp ranges of various oil grades so that u can choose oil wrt to your environment. if u live in say muree , Islamabad where temp can go below 5 C than 20w50 isnt a good oil for u, yes it will work but its not the optimum oil. the cold temp viscosity matters cause the journal bearings or big end beaings in partcilar that rotate on crankshaft require to hydrodynamically lubricated meaning the rotation of bearings on crankshaft creats a film of oil on which the bearing rides. now during the cold start if oil viscosity is not as required then the the wear on bearings will be greater, now it doesnt mean it will break ur engine right away but it will reduce its life over period of time. remember every engine made, is made witha tolerance or safety margin. because toyota knows not everyone operating their machine would be well informed, educated or care enough. so they over design engine to take a beating. so like i said before two ways to maintain any engine. so keeping our envoirnment on view 5w30 or 5w40 are the best oils as they provide required temp range for our country. now there is a Toyota manual doing rounds on pakwheels which states 0w 20 oil for corolla . but the thing is that manual is from Toyota Canada for canada. another thing is that cleaning done by oil, now as we all know oil forms film between liner and piston too and then its wiped back evry time piston moves up and down what oil is additionally doing during this, is absorbing combination byproducts like carbon and etc. now these byproducts degarde oil chemistry because well they are basically chemicals. so oil companies add additives which neutralize and absorb these byproducts so that at first they dont create sludge and carbon deposits in the engine and dont chemically breakdown oil and its lubricating qualities. that's why better oils have longer change interval than cheaper oils .now all these grades like SN and CF that we hear basically define the standard of high quality additives add to oil to improve its cleaning and film formation capabilities. Now as these additives are expensive to blend in oil and for other reasons mostly synthetic oils grades of 5w30 and 40 especially in Pakistan have better additives and therefore are generally the optimum choice for our cars.

Now manu people here will say that they are using 20w50 for 200000kms and now issue well they might be right but you don't know their exact definition of great performance plus what envoirnment they have driven their cars. may be their oil change intervals have been less at 3000 km. the point is there are various factors that can influence opinions . best things to do is go with the science.

so summary is as follows change first oil at 1000 km always use genuine oil filter and then at 5000 km use 5w30 or 5w40 oil like shell ultra or havoline gold or liqui Moly of or above SN and CF grade.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Im getting hold of my new gli on eid as it is parked at home in lahore after delivery....color is charcoal grey or gun metal as ppl say
    Now my question is what to do for the paint protection?
    Glass coating?
    Simple waxing
    Or detailing by professionls???

Sent via RPG
    My brain works as a DOCTOR , but my heart was stolen by CARS!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeel86 View Post
    bro there are two ways to maintain any machine either you maintain it in best way possible and perform good as new or in a way that it would just be ok.
    if u wanna take the best route, here is it what i suggest you or any one else with a new car should do.
    1 change oil after first 1000 km or in other words when running is complete
    this would allow any metal particals that have be machined during the running in off the engine to be disposed off earlier, rather then be allowed to remain in engine. most of the time they are small enough to be missed by naked eye and at times even smaller enough to pass through filter. trust me i have seen small things pass through filter and then eventually become large enough after being deposited over and over again to have an impact. plus not to mention that toyota puts in cheapest oil in ur car to keep profit margins high. the things is you might never notice the small impacts these deposits make . but prevention is better than cure.

2 . secondly abt the oil, now most people here have a very rudimentary idea of what does oil grades mean and why a certain oil is better than other oils. the thing is oil does lubrication, cooling and cleaning of the engine. and in some engines like honda vtec it even acts as hydraulic oil for engaging vtec system, true its not relevant to corolla but just to tell that an oil does lots of jobs. a 5w50 oil is not a thicker oil then say 10w40. The first no like 5w means that how much the level of viscosity the oil will retain in colder temperature and the other number means how much will it retain when the engine is warm and the ambient temperature is hot. for e.g if say the optimum oil viscosity(thickness) required by the car is 8 then a 5w oil will maintain the value at or near 8 up till its -10 C outside and 50 means that oil will maintain the value 8 or near it when its 40+C temp outside . so bottom line is oil viscosity range defines the temp range in which the oil will holds its desired viscosity so if u look closely the manual even has a bar daigram showing temp ranges of various oil grades so that u can choose oil wrt to your environment. if u live in say muree , Islamabad where temp can go below 5 C than 20w50 isnt a good oil for u, yes it will work but its not the optimum oil. the cold temp viscosity matters cause the journal bearings or big end beaings in partcilar that rotate on crankshaft require to hydrodynamically lubricated meaning the rotation of bearings on crankshaft creats a film of oil on which the bearing rides. now during the cold start if oil viscosity is not as required then the the wear on bearings will be greater, now it doesnt mean it will break ur engine right away but it will reduce its life over period of time. remember every engine made, is made witha tolerance or safety margin. because toyota knows not everyone operating their machine would be well informed, educated or care enough. so they over design engine to take a beating. so like i said before two ways to maintain any engine. so keeping our envoirnment on view 5w30 or 5w40 are the best oils as they provide required temp range for our country. now there is a Toyota manual doing rounds on pakwheels which states 0w 20 oil for corolla . but the thing is that manual is from Toyota Canada for canada. another thing is that cleaning done by oil, now as we all know oil forms film between liner and piston too and then its wiped back evry time piston moves up and down what oil is additionally doing during this, is absorbing combination byproducts like carbon and etc. now these byproducts degarde oil chemistry because well they are basically chemicals. so oil companies add additives which neutralize and absorb these byproducts so that at first they dont create sludge and carbon deposits in the engine and dont chemically breakdown oil and its lubricating qualities. that's why better oils have longer change interval than cheaper oils .now all these grades like SN and CF that we hear basically define the standard of high quality additives add to oil to improve its cleaning and film formation capabilities. Now as these additives are expensive to blend in oil and for other reasons mostly synthetic oils grades of 5w30 and 40 especially in Pakistan have better additives and therefore are generally the optimum choice for our cars.

Now manu people here will say that they are using 20w50 for 200000kms and now issue well they might be right but you don't know their exact definition of great performance plus what envoirnment they have driven their cars. may be their oil change intervals have been less at 3000 km. the point is there are various factors that can influence opinions . best things to do is go with the science.

so summary is as follows change first oil at 1000 km always use genuine oil filter and then at 5000 km use 5w30 or 5w40 oil like shell ultra or havoline gold or liqui Moly of or above SN and CF grade.

My car is 1750km driven, I had plans to change first oil at 2000km's anyhow, is it necessary to replace oil filter every time ?

Sent from my SM-G928C using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post
    My car is 1750km driven, I had plans to change first oil at 2000km's anyhow, is it necessary to replace oil filter every time ?

yes, it is a good practice to do so

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drbelalmuneer View Post
    Im getting hold of my new gli on eid as it is parked at home in lahore after delivery....color is charcoal grey or gun metal as ppl say
    Glass coating?
    Simple waxing

Sent via RPG
    Get it glass coated.
    Glass coating from luxe auto spa in lahore will be your best option.
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ha125 View Post

In short. Yes
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are detailing it your self I will suggest you to clay for 1st waxing I skipped claying and now I came to know worth of claying
    Quote Originally Posted by drbelalmuneer View Post
    Glass coating?
    Simple waxing

Sent via RPG

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Murtaza Bai , Do you think glass coating from carbographics Islamabad worth? Or better to wash and use meguiars ultimate paste wax , because clear coat is hardest one so logically glass coat is not that much strong but impact will low up to some extent
    Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Get it glass coated.
    Glass coating from luxe auto spa in lahore will be your best option.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shani4444 View Post
    Murtaza Bai , Do you think glass coating from carbographics Islamabad worth? Or better to wash and use meguiars ultimate paste wax , because clear coat is hardest one so logically glass coat is not that much strong but impact will low up to some extent
    Glass coat is of 9h hardness. It protects your clearcoat for more than two years. Gives you a hydrophobic effect and moreover car is always shining and you will not need to wax your car.
    So yes glass coat is worth it if you need to preserve your genuine paint. Glass coat will also not let light scratches get to your clearcoat. Make sure you get min two layers for optimal results.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same situation here I put leather seat covers , and seats are too much tied and hard I don't know its IMC fault or its due to tied seat covers , don't know how to share pic from mobile. Please update here if you succeed to put Prius seats
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Docjunaid View Post

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makhdoom123 View Post
    Glass coat is of 9h hardness. It protects your clearcoat for more than two years. Gives you a hydrophobic effect and moreover car is always shining and you will not need to wax your car.
    So yes glass coat is worth it if you need to preserve your genuine paint. Glass coat will also not let light scratches get to your clearcoat. Make sure you get min two layers for optimal results.
    Mostly people suggest luxe auto spa as its in Lahore . so any detailer in Islamabad who use good brand products? How much it will cost for good work? I checked Ali express found ceramic coat bottle for 50$

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List