Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1009 of 1062 FirstFirst ... 95099099599991007100810091010101110191059 ... LastLast
Results 20,161 to 20,180 of 21239
Like Tree12209Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    5w30 is max one should go in newer vehicles. Ideally 5w20 for gasoline and 0w20 for hybrids imho
    Listen bro, W stands for viscosity of oil at starting temperature. So 10w is pretty good if you're not living in northern areas. As far 20 is concerned, you shouldn't be doing that. Toyota Pakistan pours 20w50 in all vehicles so that engine break in/ run in will go properly.
    Your car's engine can't handle itself in Pakistani summer days when you pour something below 30

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla prices likely to be increased.

Toyota Corolla Prices Expected to Increase Further
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Corolla prices likely to be increased.

Toyota Corolla Prices Expected to Increase Further

Any idea when and how much? I booked an one december delivery do you think i would have to pay extra?

5. 16-09-2016, 06:41 PM

PakWheeler

Reason
    duplicate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bakhtbaryar View Post
    Any idea when and how much? I booked an one december delivery do you think i would have to pay extra?
    No idea about price. I think it will apply to new bookings
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    If I had a choice I would rather go for Vezel instead of Civic.

I went for vezel and Corolla even though could get a civic turbo & oriel.

corolla is for people who want resale, plus a car that can go anywhere with ease no hassle I labeled it as a tough car.

Plus dude u got sense too shout CIVIC on a Corolla fan page.😜

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    Hahaha.... the answer would b obvious there. They don't know worth of Toyota nd vice versa so I m asking where I find more sensible nd mature people.
    OK buy a Corolla grande

civic is crap, over rated which will lose value and deprecated heavily in 3 years while will lose a lot, civic can't even take a beating like Corolla which is a work horse.

If ur sharring your car with daddy or wana impress the neighbors,family, show shah get a civic but if for yourself and not Into show shah Corolla is the one a true hard core car for Pakistan roads when on a budget.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CrashD View Post
    OK buy a Corolla grande

civic is crap, over which will lose value and deprecated heavily in 3 years while will lose a lot, civic can't even take a beating like Corolla which is a work horse.

If ur sharring your car with daddy or wana impress the neighbors,family, show shah get a civic but if for yourself and not Into show shah Corolla is the one a true hard core car for Pakistan roads when on a budget.
    He already have corolla Altis grande.
    He's thinking of going towards civic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by huzaifa.haroon View Post
    10w-30? Why? New engines require thinner oils. I don't know why they're using this grade oil. @drzac

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    when in aug inhad booked my first corolla i went through this whole forum and was really disappointed in it the whole thread is filled with repeated fights about which tyre to put and which oil to use. and the whole thread a so funny and yet sad too. I mean the lack of basic technical knowledge our automotive community has its shocking i mean people are still fighting about thick and thin oil without understanding what does oil viscosity means why they are important what does api cf grades tell you about oil properties. common people just talk five min and go through google wikipedia and get some know how before getting an argument. being owners of toyota u guys represent bulk of ur nation's auto community. dont let us be a joke . search internet if not then at least read this it might help ur understanding and lets move discussions from oils and tyres to other mods, discussions, journeys and why u love ur car. anyways hope this helps, posted a few days back thought would help
    toyota puts in cheapest oil in ur car to keep profit margins high. the things is you might never notice the small impacts these deposits make . but prevention is better than cure.

2 . secondly abt the oil, now most people here have a very rudimentary idea of what does oil grades mean and why a certain oil is better than other oils. the thing is oil does lubrication, cooling and cleaning of the engine. and in some engines like honda vtec it even acts as hydraulic oil for engaging vtec system, true its not relevant to corolla but just to tell that an oil does lots of jobs. a 5w50 oil is not a thicker oil then say 10w40. The first no like 5w means that how much the level of viscosity the oil will retain in colder temperature and the other number means how much will it retain when the engine is warm and the ambient temperature is hot. for e.g if say the optimum oil viscosity(thickness) required by the car is 8 then a 5w oil will maintain the value at or near 8 up till its -10 C outside and 50 means that oil will maintain the value 8 or near it when its 40+C temp outside . so bottom line is oil viscosity range defines the temp range in which the oil will holds its desired viscosity so if u look closely the manual even has a bar daigram showing temp ranges of various oil grades so that u can choose oil wrt to your environment. if u live in say muree , Islamabad where temp can go below 5 C than 20w50 isnt a good oil for u, yes it will work but its not the optimum oil. the cold temp viscosity matters cause the journal bearings or big end beaings in partcilar that rotate on crankshaft require to hydrodynamically lubricated meaning the rotation of bearings on crankshaft creats a film of oil on which the bearing rides. now during the cold start if oil viscosity is not as required then the the wear on bearings will be greater, now it doesnt mean it will break ur engine right away but it will reduce its life over period of time. remember every engine made, is made witha tolerance or safety margin. because toyota knows not everyone operating their machine would be well informed, educated or care enough. so they over design engine to take a beating. so like i said before two ways to maintain any engine. so keeping our envoirnment on view 5w30 or 5w40 are the best oils as they provide required temp range for our country. now there is a Toyota manual doing rounds on pakwheels which states 0w 20 oil for corolla . but the thing is that manual is from Toyota Canada for canada. another thing is that cleaning done by oil, now as we all know oil forms film between liner and piston too and then its wiped back evry time piston moves up and down what oil is additionally doing during this, is absorbing combination byproducts like carbon and etc. now these byproducts degarde oil chemistry because well they are basically chemicals. so oil companies add additives which neutralize and absorb these byproducts so that at first they dont create sludge and carbon deposits in the engine and dont chemically breakdown oil and its lubricating qualities. that's why better oils have longer change interval than cheaper oils .now all these grades like SN and CF that we hear basically define the standard of high quality additives add to oil to improve its cleaning and film formation capabilities. Now as these additives are expensive to blend in oil and for other reasons mostly synthetic oils grades of 5w30 and 40 especially in Pakistan have better additives and therefore are generally the optimum choice for our cars.

Now manu people here will say that they are using 20w50 for 200000kms and now issue well they might be right but you don't know their exact definition of great performance plus what envoirnment they have driven their cars. may be their oil change intervals have been less at 3000 km. the point is there are various factors that can influence opinions . best things to do is go with the science.

so summary is as follows change first oil at 1000 km always use genuine oil filter and then at 5000 km use 5w30 or 5w40 oil like shell ultra or havoline gold or liqui Moly of or above SN and CF grade.
    5w30 is max one should go in newer vehicles. Ideally 5w20 for gasoline and 0w20 for hybrids imho
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    Is Toyota insane by pouring 20w50 oils in brand new vehicles from factory nd yet giving engine warranty on top? Koi tou waja ho gi
    Kindly share which new toyota vehicles are recommended 20w50 for my knowledge as I'm unaware. Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by biloo View Post
    If you open up the car manual of any 2NZ-FE vehicle, Toyota Indus happily recommends 20W-50 engine oils.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
    This engine was designed in 1999. Bore, stroke and valve clearances pretty different those days and I am no technical guru in this regard. @Xulfiqar bhai may be able to enlighten us much better

Still for your reference even for your mentioned engine series

http://mywikimotors.com/toyota-2nz/
    I know all that , i wasnt actually interested in a history lesson mate . I just told you what Toyota Indus are printing in their manuals plus all the dealerships have this 20W50 oil in abundance and every 2nd car is getting petron 20W50 unless u know a bit

Sir you know much better. Never in my conversation did I intend to be sarcastic or more knowledgeable. Just shared my personal opinion as per my knowledge which is what I suppose these threads are for. Good day
    Well, i actually didnt ask for any technical details which you mentioned above . I just quoted what our manuals say and that was all.
    And yet again, it was never about knowledge or sarcasm. I dont kno how you got there. Anyways, thanks for sharing for the sake of forum knowledge. Ah

Sir kindly see my first quote. My reply was to someone else 's query not even yours in the first place. So yeah, I also don't even know how you got there
    I checked that, you werent aware of smethng and i being on a publib forum tried to help you with it. My bad, i get it. I am done here, Cheerz

Sir again subjective. I was totally aware of what I said and stand by it. Over and out. Cheers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He already have corolla Altis grande.
    He's thinking of going towards civic.

My BAD

Then I belive the brother is impressed with those curves and lights, it being new shishka on the road wants it. He needs to jump on the civic x fan page as if you got a Corolla why cross over the dark side.

I drove one all day a civic X and honestly it looks good, feels good but sounds and drives like the old one as same engine, once the whole thing dies down in mid next year it will be the new Corolla facelift then every1 will jump to which is when we will consider facelifting our old shape Corolla.
    As for civic give it some time let the dust settle Should see then is it worth it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Man that's a long oil story
    Pheww, no offence 😊

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1714415

Guys this is it. Xli is being officially wiped off. Saw this post on Toyota Pakistan Official on facebook.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bakhtbaryar View Post
    If rates are increased before delivery you will have to pay difference

s15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by s15 View Post
    Nope, just chilling. Toyota corolla drive is very smooth even on Mars.

Lol

Name:  MarsMDRS-Hi-Res-cropped-e1414953022424.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  150.2 KB

Sent from Mars
    Quote Originally Posted by memad View Post
    Which oxy packs are being used to feed the intake line and what is the milage?

Are there any emossion laws governing the mars atmosphere?
    Nope, no laws as of now. I will set the standards.

Mileage is pretty terrible, 4-6 km/l.
    @syncview and @SER_GTR knows about that because they tuned it for Mars trip basically.

Lol.

Sent from Mars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Man that's a long oil story
    Pheww, no offence 😊
    hahahaha fights are longer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shani4444 View Post
    If rates are increased before delivery you will have to pay difference
    Nope depends on when you booked.

In July 2004 I booked Corolla and got it in January 2005. There was price increase of 30,000 during this period. They got extra only from Nov bookings onwards.

Sent from Mars

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Sale in Karachi
    Toyota corolla 1.3 manual gli 2014
    Demand 18Lac
    12,800 km verified
    Genuine with imported accessories.
    Single owner tax paid till June 16
    Inbox or comment for details
    Urgent to sale within days.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For Sale in Karachi
    Toyota corolla 1.3 manual gli 2014
    Demand 18Lac
    12,800 km verified
    Genuine with imported accessories.
    Single owner tax paid till June 16
    Inbox or comment for details
    Urgent to sale within days

Sent from my Nexus 5 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CrashD View Post
    OK buy a Corolla grande

civic is crap, over rated which will lose value and deprecated heavily in 3 years while will lose a lot, civic can't even take a beating like Corolla which is a work horse.

common man dont be so hard on the civic true civic x has serious issues and corrolla is better at the moment in Pak. but otherwise civics have always been better allrounder. toyota might be a notch better in engine and suspension reliability. but Honda and Toyota 19 / 20 ka difference. wont go into looks as its personal preference. but Honda has always had advanced engineering. think of any feature ( internationally and locally) and civic came first with it. yes if anyone wants reliability reliability they get corolla and if anyone wants reliability and sporty drive they get civic, simple. I was and always be a huge fan of Honda. Ever since Civic X design leaked out i was waiting to buy it. but the recent quality of civic x (Local) was so heart breaking that i went for an Altis.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeel86 View Post
    common man dont be so hard on the civic true civic x has serious issues and corrolla is better at the moment in Pak. but otherwise civics have always been better allrounder. toyota might be a notch better in engine and suspension reliability. but Honda and Toyota 19 / 20 ka difference. wont go into looks as its personal preference. but Honda has always had advanced engineering. think of any feature ( internationally and locally) and civic came first with it. yes if anyone wants reliability reliability they get corolla and if anyone wants reliability and sporty drive they get civic, simple. I was and always be a huge fan of Honda. Ever since Civic X design leaked out i was waiting to buy it. but the recent quality of civic x (Local) was so heart breaking that i went for an Altis.

As far reliability of civic is concerned I won't say it's that reliable.
    At 150,000kms civic takes hell lot of money for engine mantainance and suspension works (7th,8th gen civic) whereas corolla suspension will become like new in just 3000rs.
    Also, stiff suspension are bad for a sedan as compare to the soft one.
    Driven last 3 generation of corolla for like 150k-225k kms each. Now driving 11th gen Altis 1.8 cvt. Reliability and "can go anywhere" feel only comes with corolla. Villages, bad roads, and big speed breakers aren't those things that civic can do. You name one bad road and corolla will do it. I even crossed landslide area full of mud and stones with my 11th gen corolla while I was going from naran to babusar last month. Civic guys or jdm guys were turning back to Naran coz they knew they'll be stuck there.
    It's better to buy a JDM over a civic coz it gonna break the same money at resale as that of civic.

As far sporty feeling is concerned, I don't think that should be a priority because one can easily get a sportyness by swapping engine i.e 3sgte beams in old charade and beat every sedan in the market.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    488 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by s15 View Post
    Nope, no laws as of now. I will set the standards.

Mileage is pretty terrible, 4-6 km/l.
    @syncview and @SER_GTR knows about that because they tuned it for Mars trip basically.

Lol.

Sent from Mars
    LOL...Wondering...when We Did That
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List