Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1010 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 1051091096010001008100910101011101210201060 ... LastLast
Results 20,181 to 20,200 of 21274
Like Tree12216Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    As far reliability of civic is concerned I won't say it's that reliable.
    At 150,000kms civic takes hell lot of money for engine mantainance and suspension works (7th,8th gen civic) whereas corolla suspension will become like new in just 3000rs.
    Also, stiff suspension are bad for a sedan as compare to the soft one.
    Driven last 3 generation of corolla for like 150k-225k kms each. Now driving 11th gen Altis 1.8 cvt. Reliability and "can go anywhere" feel only comes with corolla. Villages, bad roads, and big speed breakers aren't those things that civic can do. You name one bad road and corolla will do it. I even crossed landslide area full of mud and stones with my 11th gen corolla while I was going from naran to babusar last month. Civic guys or jdm guys were turning back to Naran coz they knew they'll be stuck there.
    It's better to buy a JDM over a civic coz it gonna break the same money at resale as that of civic.

As far sporty feeling is concerned, I don't think that should be a priority because one can easily get a sportyness by swapping engine i.e 3sgte beams in old charade and beat every sedan in the market.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    u might be right in light of ur experience and like I said yes toyota has better reliability score but if u part to part Oem genuine parts then their wont be a noticeable difference, for corolla or any car thats abundunt in market you have lots of options for spares qualities like local, 2 qualities in chinese and 3 in Taiwan etc and then there is Kabli market. so that's why it ill be cheap for toyota. and I was talking about being a bettrr allroundrer .
    dont have the number of miles u have with corollas. we had a 2001 xe before i went for the 2005 exi and the 2001 corolla had an engine top overhaul at 130k . on other hand never had to touch the engine on 200k exi. Infact i share an interesting experience with u , once i had a small accident on bawalpur bypass where a 10th gen gli was hit from the back by a big hino bus and i was just behind the bus and although I stopped in time the bus diver didnt know i was right behind him so he reversed on exi the whole bus struck my bonnet and pressed the car down and as that pressing shorted my battery i couldn't honk him he tried to reverse twice before he realized that something is stopping him. true he wsnt hard on acclelerator but enough to push the front of the car down. anyways the only damage i got was a bonnet and a battery. my point is hondas are tough too, they win countless car of the year awards around the globe and those awards factor in alot from reliability to trunck space and no matter our experiences that can be different for a variety of reasons. yes corollas are great cars reliable and as u said they can go anywhere but there is more to cars then just plain reliability.

And sportiness isnt abt a bigger engine, it isnt about a big spoiler. it isnt about fastest 0to 60 times its about how a car handles how it sticks to a road and how oy gives you smiles per miles. its about being so good a car on the road that u would wish that this road never ends.
    if u ever get a chance drive a ford focus 2.0T around a mountain back road, it will redefine sportiness for you. trust me it blows toyotas and hondas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeel86 View Post
    when in aug inhad booked my first corolla i went through this whole forum and was really disappointed in it the whole thread is filled with repeated fights about which tyre to put and which oil to use. and the whole thread a so funny and yet sad too. I mean the lack of basic technical knowledge our automotive community has its shocking i mean people are still fighting about thick and thin oil without understanding what does oil viscosity means why they are important what does api cf grades tell you about oil properties. common people just talk five min and go through google wikipedia and get some know how before getting an argument. being owners of toyota u guys represent bulk of ur nation's auto community. dont let us be a joke . search internet if not then at least read this it might help ur understanding and lets move discussions from oils and tyres to other mods, discussions, journeys and why u love ur car. anyways hope this helps, posted a few days back thought would help
    toyota puts in cheapest oil in ur car to keep profit margins high. the things is you might never notice the small impacts these deposits make . but prevention is better than cure.

2 . secondly abt the oil, now most people here have a very rudimentary idea of what does oil grades mean and why a certain oil is better than other oils. the thing is oil does lubrication, cooling and cleaning of the engine. and in some engines like honda vtec it even acts as hydraulic oil for engaging vtec system, true its not relevant to corolla but just to tell that an oil does lots of jobs. a 5w50 oil is not a thicker oil then say 10w40. The first no like 5w means that how much the level of viscosity the oil will retain in colder temperature and the other number means how much will it retain when the engine is warm and the ambient temperature is hot. for e.g if say the optimum oil viscosity(thickness) required by the car is 8 then a 5w oil will maintain the value at or near 8 up till its -10 C outside and 50 means that oil will maintain the value 8 or near it when its 40+C temp outside . so bottom line is oil viscosity range defines the temp range in which the oil will holds its desired viscosity so if u look closely the manual even has a bar daigram showing temp ranges of various oil grades so that u can choose oil wrt to your environment. if u live in say muree , Islamabad where temp can go below 5 C than 20w50 isnt a good oil for u, yes it will work but its not the optimum oil. the cold temp viscosity matters cause the journal bearings or big end beaings in partcilar that rotate on crankshaft require to hydrodynamically lubricated meaning the rotation of bearings on crankshaft creats a film of oil on which the bearing rides. now during the cold start if oil viscosity is not as required then the the wear on bearings will be greater, now it doesnt mean it will break ur engine right away but it will reduce its life over period of time. remember every engine made, is made witha tolerance or safety margin. because toyota knows not everyone operating their machine would be well informed, educated or care enough. so they over design engine to take a beating. so like i said before two ways to maintain any engine. so keeping our envoirnment on view 5w30 or 5w40 are the best oils as they provide required temp range for our country. now there is a Toyota manual doing rounds on pakwheels which states 0w 20 oil for corolla . but the thing is that manual is from Toyota Canada for canada. another thing is that cleaning done by oil, now as we all know oil forms film between liner and piston too and then its wiped back evry time piston moves up and down what oil is additionally doing during this, is absorbing combination byproducts like carbon and etc. now these byproducts degarde oil chemistry because well they are basically chemicals. so oil companies add additives which neutralize and absorb these byproducts so that at first they dont create sludge and carbon deposits in the engine and dont chemically breakdown oil and its lubricating qualities. that's why better oils have longer change interval than cheaper oils .now all these grades like SN and CF that we hear basically define the standard of high quality additives add to oil to improve its cleaning and film formation capabilities. Now as these additives are expensive to blend in oil and for other reasons mostly synthetic oils grades of 5w30 and 40 especially in Pakistan have better additives and therefore are generally the optimum choice for our cars.

Now manu people here will say that they are using 20w50 for 200000kms and now issue well they might be right but you don't know their exact definition of great performance plus what envoirnment they have driven their cars. may be their oil change intervals have been less at 3000 km. the point is there are various factors that can influence opinions . best things to do is go with the science.

so summary is as follows change first oil at 1000 km always use genuine oil filter and then at 5000 km use 5w30 or 5w40 oil like shell ultra or havoline gold or liqui Moly of or above SN and CF grade.

So according to above theory any oil which has widest viscosity range is best. 5w50 covers both extremes of temperatures well so this oil should be the obvious choice nd safest bet. But you did not recomend it any reason?
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by CrashD View Post
    My BAD

Then I belive the brother is impressed with those curves and lights, it being new shishka on the road wants it. He needs to jump on the civic x fan page as if you got a Corolla why cross over the dark side.

I drove one all day a civic X and honestly it looks good, feels good but sounds and drives like the old one as same engine, once the whole thing dies down in mid next year it will be the new Corolla facelift then every1 will jump to which is when we will consider facelifting our old shape Corolla.
    As for civic give it some time let the dust settle Should see then is it worth it.
    Well that" brother" is me and yes I am impressed by new civic shape and features. Civic stands out here full stop.

But shape nd features doesn't make it obvious choice , there r other factors for which I hv put up this question.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by itsgumbys View Post
    So according to above theory any oil which has widest viscosity range is best. 5w50 covers both extremes of temperatures well so this oil should be the obvious choice nd safest bet. But you did not recomend it any reason?
    because i couldnt find any data sheet regarding the 5w50 Toyota is offering, i mean which grade it is, so didn't thought ot would be right to comment without complete info. if given a choice between 20w50 and 5w50 ill take 5w 50. the thing is along with viscosity grade u must realize that u need to take into account the oil's cleaning capabilities. due to low quality fuel we get its important to have a oil that cleans good. And synthetic oils have better additives and thats defined by their grades like cf and sn for e.g the higher the grade is the better the oil u can always google to compare grades. the reason i recommended shell and havoline because u can get these oils from company pumps metro etc and be sure at their genuineness.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

because i couldnt find any data sheet regarding the 5w50 Toyota is offering, i mean which grade it is, so didn't thought ot would be right to comment without complete info. if given a choice between 20w50 and 5w50 ill take 5w 50. the thing is along with viscosity grade u must realize that u need to take into account the oil's cleaning capabilities. due to low quality fuel we get its important to have a oil that cleans good. And synthetic oils have better additives and thats defined by their grades like cf and sn for e.g the higher the grade is the better the oil u can always google to compare grades. the reason i recommended shell and havoline because u can get these oils from company pumps metro etc and be sure at their genuineness.

5w50 is fully synthetic API SN/CF grade oil. This is available at all Toyota dealerships and the superior most product in their fleet of oils.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

5w50 is fully synthetic API SN/CF grade oil. This is available at all Toyota dealerships and the superior most product in their fleet of oils.
    you are right but can't find its resource datasheet on net. so not comfortable recommending it above everything else . viscosity grade is optimum but not sure abt the rest.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u might be right in light of ur experience and like I said yes toyota has better reliability score but if u part to part Oem genuine parts then their wont be a noticeable difference, for corolla or any car thats abundunt in market you have lots of options for spares qualities like local, 2 qualities in chinese and 3 in Taiwan etc and then there is Kabli market. so that's why it ill be cheap for toyota. and I was talking about being a bettrr allroundrer .
    dont have the number of miles u have with corollas. we had a 2001 xe before i went for the 2005 exi and the 2001 corolla had an engine top overhaul at 130k . on other hand never had to touch the engine on 200k exi. Infact i share an interesting experience with u , once i had a small accident on bawalpur bypass where a 10th gen gli was hit from the back by a big hino bus and i was just behind the bus and although I stopped in time the bus diver didnt know i was right behind him so he reversed on exi the whole bus struck my bonnet and pressed the car down and as that pressing shorted my battery i couldn't honk him he tried to reverse twice before he realized that something is stopping him. true he wsnt hard on acclelerator but enough to push the front of the car down. anyways the only damage i got was a bonnet and a battery. my point is hondas are tough too, they win countless car of the year awards around the globe and those awards factor in alot from reliability to trunck space and no matter our experiences that can be different for a variety of reasons. yes corollas are great cars reliable and as u said they can go anywhere but there is more to cars then just plain reliability.

And sportiness isnt abt a bigger engine, it isnt about a big spoiler. it isnt about fastest 0to 60 times its about how a car handles how it sticks to a road and how oy gives you smiles per miles. its about being so good a car on the road that u would wish that this road never ends.
    if u ever get a chance drive a ford focus 2.0T around a mountain back road, it will redefine sportiness for you. trust me it blows toyotas and hondas.

I think in both cases experience matters a lot. I have more experience with Toyota while you got more experience with Honda.
    Btw talking about Bahawalpur, where you from? My hometown is RahimYarKhan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think in both cases experience matters a lot. I have more experience with Toyota while you got more experience with Honda.
    Btw talking about Bahawalpur, where you from? My hometown is RahimYarKhan

I am from Karachi, was going to Islamabad when the accident happened

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you are right but can't find its resource datasheet on net. so not comfortable recommending it above everything else . viscosity grade is optimum but not sure abt the rest.

Not recommended by wikimotors though. Last recommended oil grade for 1zr/2zr fe is 10w30.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am from Karachi, was going to Islamabad when the accident happened

Damn, I can imagine how worse that is when you're in a middle of a journey and some idiot spoil your whole journey

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    Kindly share which new toyota vehicles are recommended 20w50 for my knowledge as I'm unaware. Thank you
    Sir all corolla variants coming from factory have 20w50 oils in them. I guess by doing so Toyota is recommending it. Even if u take car at 1000k on odo still they will pour same. Some one said they r doing this for better profit margins, I would say at least they can put 5w30 or 5w40 oil in their inventory if some one want to pay extra he could get it but alas these products are not even in their product line-up. One can trust on Toyota to buy 2.5M car then no reason in no trusting them in their oils.
    -

13. 17-09-2016, 03:02 AM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Damn, I can imagine how worse that is when you're in a middle of a journey and some idiot spoil your whole journey

yes it was. but it was really bad for the Gli that the bus had hit, it had its trunk pressed into it, which made it a hatchback from a sedan, the driver was so shaken that his passengers (two aunties) asked me to switch off their car, it was almost a brandnew Gli. one of the aunties was crying in to my wife

"ka sadi to badi gaadi si tohadi to choti gaadi si"

would had been funny, but they were really sad, the bus driver admitted fault and motorway police sorted the rest.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do you buy your corollas from wikimotors?
    Bro, no need to get straight in this
    I'm sharing factual information here.
    If you don't like it than ignore it.
    That's like you doing something snobbish instead of being realistic.
    Worldwide it isn't the recommended oil, if you wanna take a look at the proper thread of "best oil for corolla Altis grande" than even senior Pakwheelers didn't even recommend 5w50 for this engine coz it will consume useless fuel due to load over the engine. Rest is your choice.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir all corolla variants coming from factory have 20w50 oils in them. I guess by doing so Toyota is recommending it. Even if u take car at 1000k on odo still they will pour same. Some one said they r doing this for better profit margins, I would say at least they can put 5w30 or 5w40 oil in their inventory if some one want to pay extra he could get it but alas these products are not even in their product line-up. One can trust on Toyota to buy 2.5M car then no reason in no trusting them in their oils.
    All Toyota have 20w50. Who knew here, after me and @makhdoom123 came to know about that.
    They are pouring it because they aren't doing engine run in/break in.
    20w50 isn't the recommended. The factory oil is 20w50, but with several other additives to make the engine break in/run in possible.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's almost the same as that of Mobil1 5w50. Blended by Mobil Askari Limited Karachi.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes it was. but it was really bad for the Gli that the bus had hit, it had its trunk pressed into it, which made it a hatchback from a sedan, the driver was so shaken that his passengers (two aunties) asked me to switch off their car, it was almost a brandnew Gli. one of the aunties was crying in to my wife

"ka sadi to badi gaadi si tohadi to choti gaadi si"

would had been funny, but they were really sad, the bus driver admitted fault and motorway police sorted the rest.

Allah nay bachaye hogi jaan otherwise bus driver would have climbed over them easily.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can someone here please shed some light about how to disable the retracting side mirrors while locking unlocking the car?

the side mirrors are prone to damage when the car is covered and someone decides to play with the remote.

thanks.
    FOCAL /// PIONEER /// AUDISON /// KICKER /// JVC /// PHOENIX GOLD.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chill out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ali454 View Post
    Can someone here please shed some light about how to disable the retracting side mirrors while locking unlocking the car?

the side mirrors are prone to damage when the car is covered and someone decides to play with the remote.

thanks.
    I think you can by pass the connection from lock/unlock to the ignition switch of your car.
    That would be the better option in this type of case.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers