Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now please don't tell me about the chrome inserts in the door handles
    That's hardly noticeable
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amin_isb View Post
    Then i suggest mehran would suit better ;-)
    Well yeah Eruo 2 in white looks better as compared to other colours,

P.S i mean to say that its look's great in photos car past by very quickly so i might have to visit the showroom to have a good look at it
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Bro if u r that status conscious then better Get New Civic , which is still a better and more expensive car
    Because if ur getting new altis for ppl not for ur own pleasure , nobody will even know u own altis grande
    Everyone will say emokid has a new corolla

And btw xli owners don't even need any major thing now to make their cars like Altis
    Side skirts gone
    Mud flaps gone
    Rims are pathetic new design wheel caps are better trust me
    The only difference is of front grill
    well I was about to buy a civic I asked somethings from you too but then rejected it cause corolla looks better and why I'm buying it is cause of it's shape and cvt transmission and flappy pedals (quite useful here in islamabad cause we have huge roads) and has loads of factory fitted goodies
    p.s no honda toyota war here.
    Peace.
    jdm <3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually in reality it looks even better than in pics
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually in reality it looks even better than in pics
    May be the white colour was the culprit.
    Boy Badnam hua LIANA tery liya

7. 26-07-2014, 12:33 AM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Exubery View Post
    Thora ghussa kam karen. Btw, you're equally (if not more) at fault as the dealership here. Tax return file last date was Sept. and then extended to December. So you're also at fault if you did not file in time ( and maybe wouldn't have if not for this WHT). So take it easy...A simple thing like this shouldn't effect you choice of car... may be go after a few weeks when they might have gotten a newer list or simply try changing dealership.

May you enjoy whatever car and dealership you use.
    There was a reason for not filing the return as I didnt had access to my e-fbr account due to some problem and it got sorted out just last month after running back and forth with FBR. The moment I got it back, I filed the return. I dont understand why would a person who is paying his taxes every year will not want to file the tax return. Having said that, I find it stupid on the toyota ravi/indus end that why arent they retrieving the latest tax lists from the FBR website. This is just plain stupidity.

Btw I have been contacted by Ravi's CS manager today who was quite a reasonable person and he has assured me that they are going to get the latest list after eid and admitted that he checked on FBR website and the record is present in the latest list. He offered me that they can book my car now on paying the WH tax applicable on income tax filers but I have to agree that I will pay them another 75k if the name doesnt come in the latest list again which is not going to happen but just in case. I have asked him that I will wait until after eid.

The thing that made me furious was the way sales people handed this issue. They are totally ignorant and ill-advised. If they would have communicated me the way their customer service department did today, I would have happily accepted.

Bte still lingering between civic and corolla

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

July 25th at 4: 07pm at few miles before Nooriabad.

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1451575
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question from experts ...

with heavy body and same engine ..will Xli / Gli drink petrol like sharbat in iftaar ??? ...

@InNoCeNt_DeViL what about Gli auto will it drink petrol like Rooh afza in iftaar ???

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by silentassassin1 View Post
    Consumers are getting aware that xli and gli are cars not worth buying. For example our generation is keen on spreading the word as Xli does not even have standard basic features. Time kay saath sub change hojata bhai

Sent from my GT-I9295 using PW Forums mobile app
    This is Pakistan here nothing changes.. The consumers that have awareness are probably still not more than 5% of total corolla buyers.. Just wait and watch the sales figures of xli/gli v/s altis and ull know..

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any idea what is the expected fuel consumption of 1.3 GLI A/T and Altis 1.6?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by murtaza__ali View Post
    Yes this is the case but in my opinion this time altis will not lose too much money is resale. The reason is the difference in features or goodies which altis offers and even gli doesn't. Not like previous times, this time the features are enhanced for example the triptronic transmission, the navigation chrome panels sunroof and if others I can't remember. Also not to forget this time altis has a totally different transmission as well. So it maynot be different in shape, but it surely has a lot of differnce from the other aspect. Just my opinion Though.
    Chrome Panels etc are minor things.. The only thing Altis can boast about is Paddle Shift which infact practically does not have much utility keeping in view traffic style on Pakistani Roads.. I hv said before that having same shape as of xli/gli is a very big drawback of Altis and will always be..Who likes to spend extra on a car that looks similar to 6-7 lac cheaper version.. Still this time Altis could give a tough time to civic if IMC had not stripped it down and it had all features which our neighboring India's Altis has.. Just check toyota bharat website and see what we are not getting PUSH START, SMART KEY, PARKING SENSORS, AUTO ANTI GLARE MIRROR, IMMOBILIZER ,EXTRA AIR BAGS and many more.. Initially we may see good number of Altis on Pakistani roads as Gli/Xli has not been launched yet and many shoqeen hv already booked Altis's to have shashka of new shape but later on ull see more and more xli/gli s and very less Altis .. The ratio of xli/gli v/s altis wud be 70:30 i think as usual.. And after 3-4 years a Gli and Grande will be selling at same price in resale

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL pls just note one thing when GLI /XLI launched get ready to loose 2to3lacs on ur purchased grandies as its always been an altis history since 2005 so its better for corolla lovers wait till next month for gli/xli cause thats the only variant which people could digest only unter indus tag here in pk so 2.0M and above go for civic only as its value for money always under high price tag , no need to be confused now.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The car should be given its due share . just because it lacks a little bit of this and a little bit of that doesnt mean u go all crazy on it . Every car does that . Its always about the pros and cons and weighing them against each other and then seeing which side is heavy . The much discussed civic has its fair share of lack of options and bang for buck . Some people here are going crazy over petty stuff such as climate control . I mean what's the big deal ? Ofcourse i would appreciate having that, especially when you see that as a standard option in Altis aboard , but seriously man , how much difference does it make setting the temperature yourself to 24 or it setting automatically? Ofcourse this rules out any exceptions who prefer setting at 18 and 30. The i-vtec civic prosmatic with leather and navigation option will cost u 22.70, just 30 thousand short of the top of the line altis , and it doesnt even have retractable side mirrors, let alone climate control . of course not to mention wheel caps . So what bang for buck is civic offering you ? Two wrongs dont make a right but lets be fair here and quit being stupid fan boys on either side . The fact is - the new corolla is gorgeous on the outside , and great on the inside too (of which u won't get much idea from the pics unless u visit and sit inside hands on). As opposed to civic , which was widely panned for its exterior , with so many remarking the reborn looked better . But no doubt the civic has a great interior , an improvement over reborn (which had a great interior as well) , but make no mistake this Altis is great on the inside as well , and u really get an idea of that when u go and sit inside . There's quality , and with the previous Corolla , there's simply no comparison , its miles ahead . Though u can say the Altis gets a clear edge over civic on the outside , u surely can't say that for the interior . I believe when it comes to comparing interiors, both cars are great but it just comes down to a matter of taste . Those who prefer a more sleek and futuristic design would prefer the civic, while those who have a taste for the more classic and subtle look like the camaro poses , would go for the Altis. One friend over here remarked he test drove the new Altis and its a great drive , i'll leave my remarks over drive on that. The transmission, a major attribute contributing towards the core competency of a car, driving, is clearly where Altis takes the edge over Civic. Its funny people are so serious about lack of climate control but hardly remark over the superior transmission of Altis, a 7 speed cvt-i shiftmatic as opposed to the 5 speed prosmatic , which is so much more important and will build to your driving experience. If we go into the nitty gritty specs , i guess both cars are at par for the most part , then you'll have some places where civic lacks while some where the other. altis doesnt have climate control, civic has no optional heads up display, no day time running lamps, no LEDs, i guess altis doesnt have projected headlamps , the list goes on . The engines are more or less the same, same BHP, same weight, same output, same old story. Yes safety is a concern. 2 is better than 1 but i say if u compare with the standard benchmark, then both cars are pathetic and shouldn't ever be a viable option for any safety minded individual . a 5 year old Vitz is stuffed with 6 airbags so u can imagine where one airbag stands, or two for that matter. But of course side by side comparison makes two airbags better than one. As far as the Immobiliser goes, its good to have that but if you're nonetheless getting the car comprehensively insured anyways then i dont see that much of a drawback in not having it. You dont have the first line of defence but the last line.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jibranahmad View Post
    Any idea what is the expected fuel consumption of 1.3 GLI A/T and Altis 1.6?
    ask @InNoCeNt_DeViL who has book his GLI A/T
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

However Altis could give a tough time to civic if IMC had not stripped it down and it had all features which our neighboring India's Altis has.. Just check toyota bharat website and see what we are not getting PUSH START, SMART KEY, PARKING SENSORS, AUTO ANTI GLARE MIRROR, IMMOBILIZER ,EXTRA AIR BAGS and many more

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Civic mai tu jaise Push Start , Smart Key , Parking Sensors , sab kuch hai . lol . I dont know why we get so engrossed as fanboys that we can't give things there fair share . The Altis will of course give Civic all the tough time without any of those , because its giving Civic a tough time, not a BM 3 series equipped with park assist and lane departure warning. The civic doenst have any of those either . Its a matter of choice. Lets be cool

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zuhaibafzal View Post
    GLI Features

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1451474
    Wheel caps are good this time

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Introducing the all new Toyota Corolla 'Allis' Grande! Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1406322724.625910.jpg
Views: 2618
Size:  110.6 KB

"Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now please don't tell me about the chrome inserts in the door handles
    That's hardly noticeable
    i love that chrome inserts in door handles and wud like to get them in my Gli if company offers as optional

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by emokid View Post
    well I was about to buy a civic I asked somethings from you too but then rejected it cause corolla looks better and why I'm buying it is cause of it's shape and cvt transmission and flappy pedals (quite useful here in islamabad cause we have huge roads) and has loads of factory fitted goodies
    p.s no honda toyota war here.
    Peace.
    Btw Islamabad has too many traffic signals as well unlike Lahore where most big intersections have been made signal free

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    Btw Islamabad has too many traffic signals as well unlike Lahore where most big intersections have been made signal free

nope Islamabad doesn't have many signals. and we have less traffic p.s 3 4 routes to 1 place so plenty of space and we have many free ways so these pedals would be fun here
    jdm <3

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List