Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1049 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 495499499991039104710481049105010511059 ... LastLast
Results 20,961 to 20,980 of 21273
Like Tree12216Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    I currently have 2016 1.8 cruisetronic cvti, and believe me fuel isn't an issue for this
    one. It's giving me same fuel economy within city as that of my 2010 gli which is 11-12km/l within city in summers and on motorway it gives me 16-17km/l at 120 cruise on and 18ishkm/l on highway at 100 cruise on.
    Check above, brother bought new altis 1.8 6speed manual and it's giving 10.ish km/l in first 300kms.
    You can move towards 1.8 Altis cvti cruisetronic as well. Believe me, I was at the same point. I was also buying gli auto.
    Yes, I am non filer and giving big tax at the end of year like 24k, but I'm enjoying powerful car which have good fuel economy.

Some additional things for you in case of difference between Altis 1.8 and gli auto other than interior and engine and cvt.
    There is a difference of abs unit (braking is better than gli), front suspension is complete independant mcpherson struts instead of semi independant, steering column is different.
    Altis 1.6 abs unit is different, steering column is different, transmission is different; Moreover, you will get a choice of superwhite color with alloy rims worth 40k/each from dealership (yes, they are costly coz they are made by Enkei)
    All upto you in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Believe me one of the best post.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sohaibhassankhan View Post
    Thanks bro. You clear many concepts. Yes cruise must be present in every car especially driving for long route and one thing dil bohat krta he lets try cvt this time. Now i decided to buy eiter 1.6 or1.8 cruistronuc. Again thanks you have solved many issues.
    Sir phr 1.8 cruisetronic. Really happy to hear that.
    Let's provide you some more information. It got better fuel consumption than 1.6 Altis as well. @autophile sir please share your experience in terms of engine, gearbox and fuel economy of 1.6 Altis vs 1.8 Altis Grande as you have experienced both cars thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Believe me one of the best post.
    Thanks brother, really appreciate it.
    Do wait for respone of @autophile sir as well.
    He owned both 1.6 Altis and 1.8 Altis grande cvt. He will share his experience with you for sure

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

He owned both 1.6 Altis and 1.8 Altis grande cvt. He will share his experience with you for sure

!
    Yes sure. Autophile bhai please be fast, iss say pahlay k prices rise ho jain :-P

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am considering it. You are right i am driving 1.3 city now a days having very poor pick
    1.3 city has 100 HP engine. unfortunately all honda cars have no low end torque so they cause severe headache in start stop city traffic (they do to me atleast).

The best thing to drive in city is a diesel.

anyways toyota engines are reasonably equipped at low end so its a far better experience in normal city driving.

regarding 1.3 and 1.6 auto, i have extensive experience with both. where both have similar milage figures, 1.3 with its 84 HP however better torque vectoring as compared to city/civic is still reasonable to drive in the city.

1.6 has best value for money currently of any new car on sale in the market. so it would be a safer choice anyway.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, gli auto got acceleration worse than city; Moreover, 2nzfe engine was made for vitz or belta, but in Pakistan we are getting it in corolla. Body got more bigger and a bit more heavier than previous one, but don't know what Toyota was thinking. Gli auto is the one variant that they shouldn't be introducing. It's a good car for a lady driver, or if someone wants to give it to driver for pickndrop of kids (driver tameez say rehay ga) . You will hate corolla after driving this variant

brother its not that bad with 2NZ FE believe me i have extensive experience with 1.3 auto. . its very smooth and reasonable to drive in the city. i thought like you unless i experienced it my self.

infact 2NZ-FE came in 4WD varients of vitz, because it has more torque at low end.

Usually 1.3 Vitz are 2SZ-FE (2WD varients) and in my experience and 2NZ 1.3 vitz/corolla are actually faster than 2SZ FE even tough both cars make almost similar horse power.

GLI auto simply changed everything i perceived about it looking at it on paper and experiencing it hands on. its smooth, comfortable and reasonably equipped for daily duty.

GLI Auto is not far behind from 1.6 Altis. its beautifully engineered thing which amazes you. it even drives fine at motorway speeds of 120 KM/Hr. can also go to 150-160 KM/Hr if pushed but that's not required anyway.

trust me i am not a fan boy and i dont own one either. its the truth that i experienced with it. .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes sure. Autophile bhai please be fast, iss say pahlay k prices rise ho jain :-P
    Brother any altis variant is surely better than corolla variants and you can choose among them.

they wont disappoint you IA.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    brother its not that bad with 2NZ FE believe me i have extensive experience with 1.3 auto. . its very smooth and reasonable to drive in the city. i thought like you unless i experienced it my self.

infact 2NZ-FE came in 4WD varients of vitz, because it has more torque at low end.

Usually 1.3 Vitz are 2SZ-FE (2WD varients) and in my experience and 2NZ 1.3 vitz/corolla are actually faster than 2SZ FE even tough both cars make almost similar horse power.

GLI auto simply changed everything i perceived about it looking at it on paper and experiencing it hands on. its smooth, comfortable and reasonably equipped for daily duty.

GLI Auto is not far behind from 1.6 Altis. its beautifully engineered thing which amazes you. it even drives fine at motorway speeds of 120 KM/Hr. can also go to 150-160 KM/Hr if pushed but that's not required anyway.

trust me i am not a fan boy and i dont own one either. its the truth that i experienced with it. .
    Yeah I agree with you, but had a bad experience. It gave 13-14km/l on motorway when we four friends were going for a dinner to Monal. Car is really underpowered as compare to 1.8 or 1.6
    I trust you as you got the experience with both, but it was struggling in the elevations of pir sohawa side. That's why I said, it's a good lady driven car or driver can drive it taakay driver aapay say bahar na ho. Also, city got better power at high end, it can beat any manual gli out there in a drag.
    I took my Altis 1.8 cvt to babusar top, and it didn't even say that it can't go, it was saying just press the full pedal and lemme go.
    Lemme give you fuel economy figures from my tour
    Lahore-murree
    Murree-nathiagali
    Nathiagli-murree again
    Murree-naran direct
    Naran-babusar top
    Babusar top-Naran
    Naran-Hassan Abdal
    Round about 1400-1500kms

Total fuel cost of 7400rs, and loved the tiptronic while coming down from babusar top it controls the car so well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Sohaib. Sorry for lateness. Bottomline is that if budget is available, do not limit yourself to 1.3 (any variant), not because these are not good, but just because there are better options from 1.6 to 1.8. The following paras help decide an avid motorists and he chose it over JDM and Civic X.

Absolutely 1.6 is value for money with little price difference over Gli AT. Great combo of power and economy and damn comfortable reliable. I drove 1. 6 for one year and sold to get one with immobiliser, but then I aimed at Grande Cvti and though it is similar in looks, it is way better than 1.6 and is packed with so many features. Drive is butter smooth and and if I am reaching office 10 minutes before I keep driving around would love to keep it driving more. I do not want to get off even when I reach my destination, such a lovely ride.

Here are the remarks of someone who bought Grande on my recommendation.

"The automatic drive is good enough --- sedate at low revs, and satisfying at higher ones --- but it's really the tiptronic function (along with those nifty paddle shifters) that really brings a smile to one's face. Acceleration is good, shifting is seamless and very responsive, steering is precise, and the braking is light-years better than what I remember my last Corolla (a 1987 UK domestic model) was ever capable of.

I also love how it's very feature rich, which lots of thoughtful little touches. The infotainment system is good. The display is beautiful, and the seats aren't bad, either. The build quality of the door panels, though, could get better I suppose. Overall, a good car. If Allah wills it, I can see myself enjoying it, thoroughly.

Wolf in sheep's clothing? Perhaps not. But it's certainly not a slouch, either. "
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Anyone know when the 11th Gen's facelift will be introduced by IMC? I talked to a showroom sales guy who said plan was for January, 17 but got delayed up to March-April timeframe. Anyone has verified news from reputable source?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another thing is that he will get 1.6 delivery in april but he can get 1.8 in jan 2017!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aa78 View Post
    Anyone know when the 11th Gen's facelift will be introduced by IMC? I talked to a showroom sales guy who said plan was for January, 17 but got delayed up to March-April timeframe. Anyone has verified news from reputable source?
    From respected source, the facelift will be available in September 2017.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Someone who got their Grande or 1.8 Altis registered in Karachi recently? Urgent help needed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hammads3 View Post
    Another thing is that he will get 1.6 delivery in april but he can get 1.8 in jan 2017!

Is it true bro. If i book 1.8 today then got.it.on January ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Dear Sohaib. Sorry for lateness. Bottomline is that if ibudget is available, do not limit yourself to 1.3 (any variant), not because these are not good, but just because there are better options from 1.6 to 1.8. The following paras help decide an avid motorists and he chose it over JDM and Civic X.

Absolutely 1.6 is value for money with little price difference over Gli AT. Great combo of power and economy and damn comfortable reliable. I drove 1. 6 for one year and sold to get one with immobiliser, but then I aimed at Grande Cvti and though it is similar in looks, it is way better than 1.6 and is packed with so many features. Drive is butter smooth and and if I am reaching office 10 minutes before I keep driving around would love to keep it driving more. I do not want to get off even when I reach my destination, such a lovely ride.

"The automatic drive is good enough --- sedate at low revs, and satisfying at higher ones --- but it's really the tiptronic function (along with those nifty paddle shifters) that really brings a smile to one's face. Acceleration is good, shifting is seamless and very responsive, steering is precise, and the braking is light-years better than what I remember my last Corolla (a 1987 UK domestic model) was ever capable of.

I also love how it's very feature rich, which lots of thoughtful little touches. The infotainment system is good. The display is beautiful, and the seats aren't bad, either. The build quality of the door panels, though, could get better I suppose. Overall, a good car. If Allah wills it, I can see myself enjoying it, thoroughly.

Wolf in sheep's clothing? Perhaps not. But it's certainly not a slouch, either. "
    Yes good review. You are the user of.both 1.6 and 1.8 grande. Please confirm me abs unit of both 1.6 and 1.8 are the same? Thanks for recomendatin to buy either 1.6 or 1.8

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Grande users
    Need suggestions for some good and useful apps to be installed in the android head unit. Also is there a way to use the voice commands by integrating with any physical button? Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it true bro. If i book 1.8 today then got.it.on January ?
    Yes bro. Delivery time for 1.8 is 1 month so you can place an order after some time for 2017 jan.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    406 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes good review. You are the user of.both 1.6 and 1.8 grande. Please confirm me abs unit of both 1.6 and 1.8 are the same? Thanks for recomendatin to buy either 1.6 or 1.8
    Yes I kept 1.6 for some 14 months and drove it nearly 18,000 kms. Excellent performer. As I said before it depends on your budget so 1.8 is overall better than 1.6 in many aspects. I am not sure about the types of ABS units and don't worry about them, I faced no ABS issues with 1.6 and it works in 1.8 effectively, recent experience

Quote Originally Posted by MotorHead77 View Post
    Dear Grande users
    Need suggestions for some good and useful apps to be installed in the android head unit. Also is there a way to use the voice commands by integrating with any physical button? Thanks
    Insall Mx Player, it brings some nice codec and improves audio quality and it also plays videos. Secondly get paid version of Poweramp from Google (just 105 rs) a very nice songs player with a great equaliser and other sound controls. Also if you are into videos install youtube app, but do not watch while driving. Online streaming has pretty decent sound quality.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks a lot sir.....
    Getting "High" is my Job

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Dear Sohaib. Sorry for lateness. Bottomline is that if budget is available, do not limit yourself to 1.3 (any variant), not because these are not good, but just because there are better options from 1.6 to 1.8. The following paras help decide an avid motorists and he chose it over JDM and Civic X.

Sir very aptly put. however i would suggest either 1.6 Altis or if your entering the price bracket of 2.5M than go for Civic X vti oriel in the same money and get an aftermarket indash player and leather seats. But that's just me. what you choose is upto you.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List