Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1055 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 555559551005104510531054105510561057 ... LastLast
Results 21,081 to 21,100 of 21274
Like Tree12216Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    13
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

    Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

    Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

    Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

    Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

    Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

    Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

    Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

    Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747


    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223



    • Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.


    Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.



  2. #21081
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    How has the increase in wheel size affected the ride quality? Bumpy or still plush as before?

    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app
    Its more grippy now, and I feel the Eurostars were more bumpy.
    Quality of rubber has a major impact on overall drive sir.
    Drive has become much better, since not a lot of weight has been added in terms of wheels

  3. #21082
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    Its more grippy now, and I feel the Eurostars were more bumpy.
    Quality of rubber has a major impact on overall drive sir.
    Drive has become much better, since not a lot of weight has been added in terms of wheels
    That's great. Yes you are right about quality of rubber. I've changed to continental on my stock rims and they are amazing. I'm sure your grip and handling would be even better.

    By the way your rims look fabulous. Mashallah

    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #21083
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    That's great. Yes you are right about quality of rubber. I've changed to continental on my stock rims and they are amazing. I'm sure your grip and handling would be even better.

    By the way your rims look fabulous. Mashallah

    Sent from my SM-N900 using PW Forums mobile app
    Thank you

  5. #21084
    PakWheeler Follow
    harris24742's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    newbie here with a grande cvti this week.
    was going to get advan db after going through god knows how many threads, but then read people saying that it's an urban tire, & that it won't be able to withstand high speeds, cornering etc due to soft side-wall.
    also, the impact of potholes and cracks is transferred to the cabin. i have got mixed driving. frequenting to isb-khe-lhr along with urban driving. although the urban driving is on decent roads, but i'd prefer the shoes to withstand stuff instead of transferring the impact in the cabin.
    Could you guys advise me regarding advan db, continental & pirelli? [noise+H rating+comfort+fuel economy]
    how about a 205/50r15? any impact on suspension and ride comfort or should i stick to stock profile

  6. #21085
    PakWheeler Follow
    Khurram26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
    newbie here with a grande cvti this week.
    was going to get advan db after going through god knows how many threads, but then read people saying that it's an urban tire, & that it won't be able to withstand high speeds, cornering etc due to soft side-wall.
    also, the impact of potholes and cracks is transferred to the cabin. i have got mixed driving. frequenting to isb-khe-lhr along with urban driving. although the urban driving is on decent roads, but i'd prefer the shoes to withstand stuff instead of transferring the impact in the cabin.
    Could you guys advise me regarding advan db, continental & pirelli? [noise+H rating+comfort+fuel economy]
    how about a 205/50r15? any impact on suspension and ride comfort or should i stick to stock profile
    First the size. 205/50/15 is very low profile and will have a much smaller sidewall as compared to the original size.
    The original size is 205/55/16 internationally, which is equal to 195 65 15 given in PK.
    The closest to it would be 205/60/15 which would give it slightly more grip while keeping the height unchanged.
    You can also get 205/65/15 which is slightly bigger but makes the ride more comfortable however handling is proportionately compromised a bit.

    Now the tyres. I've used Yokohama bluearth A, Continental Conti premium contact2, and Pirelli Centurato P1 Verde on the 11th gen and I'd say they are all great tyres. Pirelli is not as soft as compared with the rest, but it's still overall quite nice. But the best in my opinion is conti. Now CPC5 is also available and if you get that you will never look back or regret.

  7. #21086
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arkhitekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,660
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khurram26 View Post
    First the size. 205/50/15 is very low profile and will have a much smaller sidewall as compared to the original size.
    The original size is 205/55/16 internationally, which is equal to 195 65 15 given in PK.
    The closest to it would be 205/60/15 which would give it slightly more grip while keeping the height unchanged.
    You can also get 205/65/15 which is slightly bigger but makes the ride more comfortable however handling is proportionately compromised a bit.

    Now the tyres. I've used Yokohama bluearth A, Continental Conti premium contact2, and Pirelli Centurato P1 Verde on the 11th gen and I'd say they are all great tyres. Pirelli is not as soft as compared with the rest, but it's still overall quite nice. But the best in my opinion is conti. Now CPC5 is also available and if you get that you will never look back or regret.
    205/60-15 is a tiny bit smaller compared to 195/65-15. 205/65-15 slightly bigger but doesn't compromise the control because the extra 10mm width compensates for the grip and traction.Name:  Screenshot_20161121-003641.png
Views: 314
Size:  156.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20161121-003627.png
Views: 312
Size:  160.2 KB

    My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004

  8. #21087
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by harris24742 View Post
    newbie here with a grande cvti this week.
    was going to get advan db after going through god knows how many threads, but then read people saying that it's an urban tire, & that it won't be able to withstand high speeds, cornering etc due to soft side-wall.
    also, the impact of potholes and cracks is transferred to the cabin. i have got mixed driving. frequenting to isb-khe-lhr along with urban driving. although the urban driving is on decent roads, but i'd prefer the shoes to withstand stuff instead of transferring the impact in the cabin.
    Could you guys advise me regarding advan db, continental & pirelli? [noise+H rating+comfort+fuel economy]
    how about a 205/50r15? any impact on suspension and ride comfort or should i stick to stock profile
    205/50/15 isn't the right size. Go for 195/65/15 or 205/60(or 65)/15. Advan dB is best when it comes to being soundless, is soft and comfy. Conti is also good with sound but not like dB, is grippy and comfortable as well. Can't say much about Pirelli as I don't have experience with it.
    Btw, congratulations on your new Grande

  9. #21088
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haseeb.basharat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    Its more grippy now, and I feel the Eurostars were more bumpy.
    Quality of rubber has a major impact on overall drive sir.
    Drive has become much better, since not a lot of weight has been added in terms of wheels
    Rubber matters. Used Eurostar for first 1000kms, than shifted to yoko advan db, they are real good tyres but one of them bursted at 10k bcz of 1.5inch bolt. Installed continental contipremiumcontact5 after that. All on stock alloy rims, loving them, and found out they have immense grip, but not as quite as advan db. Who cares when you are getting superb grip with minute noise.
    Yokos are excellent, but continentals are premium/outclass. Depends upon budget as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #21089
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Rubber matters. Used Eurostar for first 1000kms, than shifted to yoko advan db, they are real good tyres but one of them bursted at 10k bcz of 1.5inch bolt. Installed continental contipremiumcontact5 after that. All on stock alloy rims, loving them, and found out they have immense grip, but not as quite as advan db. Who cares when you are getting superb grip with minute noise.
    Yokos are excellent, but continentals are premium/outclass. Depends upon budget as well.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, they are outclass with the perfect blend of softness and grip.

  11. #21090
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza_xeg View Post
    They are nice wheels. Btw any chance of lowering it ?
    Thanks bro. Umm, not anytime soon but let's see

  12. #21091
    PakWheeler Follow
    aamirshahnawaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    36
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Info on Altis 1.6

    Guys,
    Is there anyway I can get delivery of 1.6 Altis in February from any dealership in Karachi if booked today? Also what is the registration cost of 1.6 if done personnaly and not thru the dealer?
    Also is there any chance of facelift during the 1st quarter of 2017?

  13. #21092
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    makhdoom123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,115
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirshahnawaz View Post
    Guys,
    Is there anyway I can get delivery of 1.6 Altis in February from any dealership in Karachi if booked today? Also what is the registration cost of 1.6 if done personnaly and not thru the dealer?
    Also is there any chance of facelift during the 1st quarter of 2017?
    Facelift is expected in 2nd quarter june / july. If you can wait i would suggest you to wait
    Toyota Belta 2007 1.0 ~~Toyota Corolla Gli 2013 1.3 ~~Toyota Corolla Grande 2016 1.8

  14. #21093
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Some more shots:
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726377
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726378
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726379

  15. #21094
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arkhitekt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,660
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    Some more shots:
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726377
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726378
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726379
    Isn't it begging to be lowered?

    My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004

  16. #21095
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haseeb.basharat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    Some more shots:
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726377
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726378
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1726379
    Lower it only 1.5 inch. That would be the same height as that of 10th gen corolla


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #21096
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by haseeb.basharat View Post
    Lower it only 1.5 inch. That would be the same height as that of 10th gen corolla


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think so too, but I wouldn't want to harden the ride.
    What's the drive experience after lowering? Are what's the suggested method; Axio springs or Maxspeed?

  18. #21097
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arkhitekt View Post
    Isn't it begging to be lowered?

    My feedback on Civic 2016: http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278004
    LOL, I think its begging to stay stock for a few more KMs

  19. #21098
    PakWheeler Follow
    arslansohail84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    25
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    LOL, I think its begging to stay stock for a few more KMs
    Yeah tweaking with the suspension of a brand new car is not a good ideal at all. Atleast run it 5k kms then think of doing any such mods.
    I also had plans to lower my grande but didnt had the guts to give my brand new car to a local mechanic for opening its suspension for any mods. But after a few months the charm of a new car is gone and i decided against spending more on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  20. #21099
    PakWheeler Follow
    ivtec3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    890
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arslansohail84 View Post
    Yeah tweaking with the suspension of a brand new car is not a good ideal at all. Atleast run it 5k kms then think of doing any such mods.
    I also had plans to lower my grande but didnt had the guts to give my brand new car to a local mechanic for opening its suspension for any mods. But after a few months the charm of a new car is gone and i decided against spending more on it.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Yeah that's a reasonably practical approach

  21. #21100
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    haseeb.basharat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    1,636
    Follows
    2
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivtec3 View Post
    I think so too, but I wouldn't want to harden the ride.
    What's the drive experience after lowering? Are what's the suggested method; Axio springs or Maxspeed?
    Maxspeed rings will work. Spring coils only control height, they don't control softness/stiffness. That's the work of your shocks. So, when you lower it to that height softness will remain the same, but you'll get better road grip and better control over your ride.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •