Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ash tray as well as the cigarette lighter are no more offered in any car in US. Reason car manufacturer do this here for social health and legal understanding associated with it. They are doing so to show their concern. Soon law will be passed banning smoking with kids in the car. Smoking is already ban in parks, public /commercial buildings , airports... not a single car comes with an ash tray nowadays..
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    Ash tray as well as the cigarette lighter are no more offered in any car in US. Reason car manufacturer do this here for social health and legal understanding associated with it. They are doing so to show their concern. Soon law will be passed banning smoking with kids in the car. Smoking is already ban in parks, public /commercial buildings , airports... not a single car comes with an ash tray nowadays..
    That's how it should be!
    Although, owing to the unique way Pakistan is run, if there is demand cars will soon come with gun holsters as standard.

"Speed limits are like herpes. Once you get them, you can never get rid of them." -Jeremy Clarkson

4. 27-07-2014, 12:02 AM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes u r right i didnt see ashtray plus the cigarate lighter was also not there.
    Another point i dont understand is why they are calling it a power outlet this time when from inside its the same cigarette lighter kind of thing?? Its used to be present in all corollas till now. Does that mean all corollas have power outlet? Please clear

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    I havent seen the ash tray in this corolla in my three visits to the showroom as well as the interior pics posted. Can someone please point out where is it?
    Speed Costs Money... How Fast Can U Afford To Drive...???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you read few post above. I responded for a reason. Yes power outlet would be there but the device which is plugged in it to lit a cigarette will not be most probably and ash tray don't come any more in US and most of European cars any more..

Quote Originally Posted by SaadMehboob View Post
    Yes u r right i didnt see ashtray plus the cigarate lighter was also not there.
    Another point i dont understand is why they are calling it a power outlet this time when from inside its the same cigarette lighter kind of thing?? Its used to be present in all corollas till now. Does that mean all corollas have power outlet? Please clear
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz View Post
    ^^i received an estimete fro. honda sudia arab for immobilizer in city / fit jazz
    the told me to replace all the lock wires ignitions and ecu

Sent from my SM-G7102 using PW Forums mobile app
    bro what has immobilizer got to do with lock wire ignitions ? as far as i know immobilizer has only to do with ecu. thats it ,,, can somebody confirm it plz as i am pretty serious in importing this immobilizer stuff for my corolla ,, kindly any one??? any guru ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I already read ur post above but that doesnt clear my query.
    Secondly u r right US and other countries might not be providing these things but in pakistan how can they not provide. Like there is no rule for it here.

Plus i have seen cup type ashtrays in this model corolla in euro version pics. Maybe indus provide it with the cars they sell and not showing it in display. Like when honda was launched it also didnt have it in display coz people steal it lol. Or maybe indus is planning to sell us ashtrays in accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by fazalwahab11375 View Post
    If you read few post above. I responded for a reason. Yes power outlet would be there but the device which is plugged in it to lit a cigarette will not be most probably and ash tray don't come any more in US and most of European cars any more..
    Speed Costs Money... How Fast Can U Afford To Drive...???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I test drove grande yesterday and it was a real fun. However the paddle shifters are placed very unconventionally on the steering and I found it very hard to use them. Secondly because the speedometer was non functional as like all test drive vehicles so couldn't see the eco light . Can anyone tell me that does the new grande offer eco? Audio was of very good quality however still not sure about the utility of wifi cuz it would be very inconvenient to use it in the garage or car porch. A sim slot could have been a better option. Interior quality is very good as is the driving comfort . Engine is also very responsive with decent brakes. Booked one in bronze mica and have been promised august delivery.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maqsood106 View Post
    bro what has immobilizer got to do with lock wire ignitions ? as far as i know immobilizer has only to do with ecu. thats it ,,, can somebody confirm it plz as i am pretty serious in importing this immobilizer stuff for my corolla ,, kindly any one??? any guru ?
    Immobilizer will come with a different set of keys that is why these thingz do need to be changed. Plus wiring from ecu to fuel pump will also need a control breaker.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omerawan View Post
    Immobilizer will come with a different set of keys that is why these thingz do need to be changed. Plus wiring from ecu to fuel pump will also need a control breaker.

so bro could you please tell me the exact things that i should import ? like a list ? that would be so kind of you

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by maqsood106 View Post
    so bro could you please tell me the exact things that i should import ? like a list ? that would be so kind of you
    Well immobilizer itself is no tangible thing as such. I mean there is no individual item called an immobilizer. Its an ecu capable of communicating over a secure radio communication link with a coded encrypted key fob. It comes in form of a key (in case of cars with an ignition) with the fob attached behind the key where an encrypted chip is embedded or it comes in the shape of just a simple squarish fob in cases where cars have engine push start button.
    So basically you need an ecu with immobilizer functionality, its encrypted matched key fob and the ignition mechanism along with the two door locks and the boot lock to go with it. Also a control switch/breaker on the wiring from the ecu to the fuel pump.
    Honestly its not worth the hassel. You will also end up voiding your warranty.
    My advise would be to buy a car now and switch over to an immobilizer enabled altis in a year's time when indus is expected to offer one.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omerawan View Post
    Well immobilizer itself is no tangible thing as such. I mean there is no individual item called an immobilizer. Its an ecu capable of communicating over a secure radio communication link with a coded encrypted key fob. It comes in form of a key (in case of cars with an ignition) with the fob attached behind the key where an encrypted chip is embedded or it comes in the shape of just a simple squarish fob in cases where cars have engine push start button.
    So basically you need an ecu with immobilizer functionality, its encrypted matched key fob and the ignition mechanism along with the two door locks and the boot lock to go with it. Also a control switch/breaker on the wiring from the ecu to the fuel pump.
    Honestly its not worth the hassel. You will also end up voiding your warranty.
    My advise would be to buy a car now and switch over to an immobilizer enabled altis in a year's time when indus is expected to offer one.

bro as far as warranty is concerned i dont care for it . and switching is not in my books when i buy a car i keep it for atleast good 10 years,as for now i just need an immobilizer for my car and the things that i need for it and a place where i could get it installed. i would highly appreciate if u tell me the list, like as package in simple words, that i could give to my person in uae and he could buy it for me there

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by juni71 View Post
    I test drove grande yesterday and it was a real fun. However the paddle shifters are placed very unconventionally on the steering and I found it very hard to use them. Secondly because the speedometer was non functional as like all test drive vehicles so couldn't see the eco light . Can anyone tell me that does the new grande offer eco? Audio was of very good quality however still not sure about the utility of wifi cuz it would be very inconvenient to use it in the garage or car porch. A sim slot could have been a better option. Interior quality is very good as is the driving comfort . Engine is also very responsive with decent brakes. Booked one in bronze mica and have been promised august delivery.
    Here is the video of the US one. I haven't checked but I think this is the way it has to be done
    Corolla How-To: ECO Drive Indicator | 2014 Toyota…: Corolla How-To: ECO Drive Indicator | 2014 Toyota Corolla - YouTube

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Features in Civic lacking in Corolla
    ---------------------------------------

1- Immobilizer
    2- 2 Airbags
    3- Auto Airconditioning
    4- Jack Knife Key
    5- Recent additions include a front camera along with the reverse camera and an internal camera for video calling

Features in Corolla lacking in Civic

1- 7-speed CVT-i Transmission
    2- Switchtronic (manual gear shifting capability);
    3- including Paddle Shifters
    4- Auto Rain Sensor
    5- Heads-Up Display
    6- Day Time Running LED Lights
    7- LED Taillights
    8- Rear Reclining/Foldable Seats
    9- Six Speakers as opposed to four in civic

16. 27-07-2014, 03:54 AM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry to be ignorant but whats this heads up display? Is it some kind of screen? And its not coming in standard in Grande, right?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by excusemeplease View Post
    Features in Civic lacking in Corolla

1- Immobilizer
    2- 2 Airbags
    3- Auto Airconditioning
    4- Jack Knife Key
    5- Recent additions include a front camera along with the reverse camera and an internal camera for video calling

Features in Corolla lacking in Civic

1- 7-speed CVT-i Transmission
    2- Switchtronic (manual gear shifting capability);
    3- including Paddle Shifters
    4- Auto Rain Sensor
    5- Heads-Up Display
    6- Day Time Running LED Lights
    7- LED Taillights
    8- Rear Reclining/Foldable Seats
    9- Six Speakers as opposed to four in civic

Biggest Advantage of Civic is Immobilizer and dual Air bags .. no matter how many goodies Tota-Corolla has

Also Tota-Corolla has 4 speakers .. and two tweeters which they also call .. chota speaker ... classic Tota-Corolla

And the Daytime running lights , HUD etc are not included in the standard package but in the optional accessories which'll cost more .. over and above invoice
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry to be ignorant but whats this heads up display? Is it some kind of screen? And its not coming in standard in Grande, right?
    You will get a small, tiny, chinese crap quality plastic box, which will be fitted behind your dash display. It will show your speed etc. on your windshield ( Project it there ) so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Btw- The Sygic HUD is 100 times better than the one IMC is offering.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

20. 27-07-2014, 04:16 AM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    You will get a small, tiny, chinese crap quality plastic box, which will be fitted behind your dash display. It will show your speed etc. on your windshield ( Project it there ) so you can keep your eyes on the road.

Btw- The Sygic HUD is 100 times better than the one IMC is offering.
    And how much does that cost approx?

22. 27-07-2014, 04:19 AM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And how much does that cost approx?
    I am not sure. Maybe once Altis Grande optional accessories price list pops up, we can have a clue.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

24. 27-07-2014, 04:25 AM

Senior PakWheeler

25. 27-07-2014, 04:26 AM

Senior PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the only car which will have sale is Xli/Gli with Auto transmission.I am owning 10th generation corolla altis 1.8 full option and its giving a loss of 3 Lac.

27. 27-07-2014, 04:27 AM

Senior PakWheeler

28. 27-07-2014, 04:37 AM

PakWheeler

29. 27-07-2014, 04:39 AM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged