Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sk_KingpiN View Post
    6 speed coupled with 2zrfe is the only thing due to which I'm inclined towards manual grande.
    Every car starts to give tik tik noises on bumps. Thanks to our roads infrastructure. Abb dekhte hayn kia decide hota hay.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using PW Forums mobile app

Bhai currently u have 8th gen civic and only a newer model of civic can bring a smile on ur face trust me !
    Exterior wise corolla is much better and if that's really important for you then go for a cheaper variant Gli is the best , if u think it's underpowered then go for base model Altis manual , in that case u will loose money at the time of resale but not as much as grande and grande CVTi
    I am telling u this from my own experience
    Had a loss of 6 lacs and 5 lacs on my white and medium silver top of the line variants Altis
    It really hurts when u have to sell a much better car than xli and gli at more or less same price of used Gli same model
    my adv would be
    Go for either a gli or new civic
    Or go for slightly used less than 10 k driven Civic
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

6 speed coupled with 2zrfe is the only thing due to which I'm inclined towards manual grande.
    Every car starts to give tik tik noises on bumps. Thanks to our roads infrastructure. Abb dekhte hayn kia decide hota hay.

I have owned three corollas and didnt get any noises in all of them and all clocked 100k before i sold them. Corolla has a string build quality unlike honda
    I have seen cities and civics giving horrible noises from dashboard and doors on 30k on the odo.

As far as having same shape for altis, i think thats a bit narrow mindedness. You should look at the features of the car. The exterior looks whether its an xli or top of the line altis beats civic's extrior anyday.

4. 02-08-2014, 02:37 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    Simple- those who can earn 30 lacs a year, should get top of the line variant. Those who are salaried and cannot afford the loss in resale- stick to gli, gli 1.6 or altis manual 1.8 if there's one.

Easy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I'd like to disagree. A business man would never like to suffer a loss. He would think of the resale factor more then the salaried class.

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buying a 1.3 just for good resale is foolish in my idea. fiada kia gari 3 4 saal rakheny ka jab chalney men maza he na aye.
    this huge body should at least have 1.6 under the hood.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app
    jdm <3

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well after reading most of the comments here i am at a conclusion that those like me,inocent Devil and those who have bought Altis top of the line suffered/suffering loss due to low resale.I my self am interested in Gli auto but hell no to Altis Grande mujay koi Gift bi karay tou nahi loon ga aur drive bi itni khas nahi hogi believe me.3 months mein dil bhar gaya tha and my neighbour who bought reborn with me in 2009 is still enjoying its drive and pleasure.Altis will never have good resale as compared to Xli/Gli.Xli/Gli will remain hot cakes for customer as well as for thieves.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post
    I have owned three corollas and didnt get any noises in all of them and all clocked 100k before i sold them. Corolla has a string build quality unlike honda
    I have seen cities and civics giving horrible noises from dashboard and doors on 30k on the odo.

As far as having same shape for altis, i think thats a bit narrow mindedness. You should look at the features of the car. The exterior looks whether its an xli or top of the line altis beats civic's extrior anyday.

three ?
    MY Experience with 7 of them was totally opposite
    And none crossed 40 k kms in fact both 10th gens were less than 26k kms driven
    1 lac to alag baat hai !
    This thread is about new corolla so I dont want to talk about the previous models 9th and 10 th gen corollas here
    Let's hope this new one will perform better on our bad roads
    With no such weird noises
    The problem is 90 percent of the ppl passing comments here haven't kept any 9th gen civic for even a month
    So @ Sk_KingpiN
    either go for new Gli or new civic
    Both are best options in their price tags
    Good luck

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by irfananwar View Post

Can you please show me those cities and civics? My friend owns a City 2010, abused like hell (Handbrake turns, burnouts, driven on rough road with no care foe potholes), the car had a frontal accident at 40 km/h where it hit a corolla head on, the door was hit by a bike, and much more. No noises whatsoever. No suspension noises, nothing. And the car is not maintained. Goes to the mechanic whenever it has an accident, never other then that. No noises at all. Whereas, there is this Corolla Altis 2011, the seat rattles, the steering silver panel is fading. The car is 3S maintained and has on one door repainted due to a scratch. The car is driven with utmost care. Does not cross 60 at max and is driven with in DHA. Now where are the issues?

Sent from my C2105 using PW Forums mobile app
    Under the Coconut tree

10. 02-08-2014, 04:17 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassnainsethi89 View Post
    Well after reading most of the comments here i am at a conclusion that those like me,inocent Devil and those who have bought Altis top of the line suffered/suffering loss due to low resale.I my self am interested in Gli auto but hell no to Altis Grande mujay koi Gift bi karay tou nahi loon ga aur drive bi itni khas nahi hogi believe me.3 months mein dil bhar gaya tha and my neighbour who bought reborn with me in 2009 is still enjoying its drive and pleasure.Altis will never have good resale as compared to Xli/Gli.Xli/Gli will remain hot cakes for customer as well as for thieves.
    We Pakistanis have strange thought process;

We dont buy Corolla as it does not have immobilizer.
    We dont buy Altis as its expensive but similar to Xli.
    We dont buy Altis as it has no resale.

My advise is; if you need transportation buy Suzuki.
    If you want to enjoy Toyota Corolla buy Altis;

Especially if you have strong legs buy Altis MT and challenge any car with in city or highway.

As regards to Civic vs Altis. Its just like cigarette..........I like Marlboro and you?

Lastly, there must be some reason that Corolla is one of the most popular car worldwide.
    I Dont Drive Fast, I Fly Slowly....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SaadMehboob View Post
    Brother is this formula for islamabad regustration or some other city?
    Yes. This is for Islamabad only
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    to buy an Altis : YOU HAVE TO GET PAST THIS SHAPE FACTOR ... I.e same exterior for Xli which stands at 16.5 lacs and Altis Grande which is 23.2 lacs

IF YOU CANNOT GET PAST THIS FACT THEN ALTIS IS NOT FOR YOU !!!

as vague as it may sound but it is a general perception of the public thay whole corolla line up has same shape ... although I donot think it is a valid argument .... and the sole reason of low resale of Altis

if shape is bugging you then get a Civic Prosmatec ( 21.5 ) lacs

or if you can increase the budget then get Altis Grande CVT-I ( top of the line )

I think that one should buy an automatic if one is spending more then 2 million ( but this is just what I think )

Also >>> manual Altis is more bad in resale then Auto Altis

so choose wisely

my preference would have been following

1. Civic Prosmatec

2. Altis Cvt Grande ( if I had an extra 1.5 lacs in my account )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Bhai currently u have 8th gen civic and only a newer model of civic can bring a smile on ur face trust me !
    Exterior wise corolla is much better and if that's really important for you then go for a cheaper variant Gli is the best , if u think it's underpowered then go for base model Altis manual , in that case u will loose money at the time of resale but not as much as grande and grande CVTi
    I am telling u this from my own experience
    Had a loss of 6 lacs and 5 lacs on my white and medium silver top of the line variants Altis
    It really hurts when u have to sell a much better car than xli and gli at more or less same price of used Gli same model
    my adv would be
    Go for either a gli or new civic
    Or go for slightly used less than 10 k driven Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by saadkhangul View Post
    If you are the driver, then definitely civic. You will fall in love with drive of the car. If you are just gonna sit around and a driver is going to drive then corolla will do. Please dont spend over 22lac for a car that is also available for 5 lac less.
    I have decided and just talked to my cousin over phone. Going for civic 2014 vti oriel MANUAL in white.
    No doubt altis is a very good car but as umair bhai said, I simply cannot get over this shape fact that same car is available for 16 lacs as well and presented the same reason in front of my parents. @innocent you are right brother. Even I'm not that much concerned about resale. But shape factor was bugging me and made me to go for civic again. @saadkhangul Doing the same. Not going for a car which is even available for 16 lac as well.
    Thank you guys for your suggestions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And one more thing. I will post a detailed review of new corolla vs civic as my cousin is buying an Altis grande CVTI. Keep your fingers crossed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

POINT TO PONDER

Basically: Back in days we had GLI 1.6 and ALTIS 1.6 which had exactly the same Transmission and engine size, there were more or less cosmetic changes and thats about it.

NOW:Altis 1.8 ABOVE variants Come with CVT transmission, New Engine and new Engine Size.

GLI will now be very very different from Altis 1.8 (All Grande and Tranny Variants)

So there will be different market segments targeted by GLI/XLI and ALTIS 1.8 CVT and Manual Tranny.

GLI / XLI in One League ( Old Engine + Same Old Transmission with very very basic features)

Altis 1.8L will be in another league (Simple CVT + M/T + Grande CVT + Grande M/T)

So this time around, Altis will have its own market. for the people who used to go for Premio and Gli Before(For Example) and for people who used to go for XLI Before will move to GLI.

More or less, it will be same as

Xli/GLI = City

Altis 1.8 Variants = Civic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gli/Xli should not even exist really if you look at it practically, this car is designed as ALTIS for 1.8 or minimum 1.5 Engines, plus CVT transmission is very superior to what civic is offering as well as new 1.8 engine. civic is offering the same old engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have decided and just talked to my cousin over phone. Going for civic 2014 vti oriel MANUAL in white.
    No doubt altis is a very good car but as umair bhai said, I simply cannot get over this shape fact that same car is available for 16 lacs as well and presented the same reason in front of my parents. @innocent you are right brother. Even I'm not that much concerned about resale. But shape factor was bugging me and made me to go for civic again. @saadkhangul Doing the same. Not going for a car which is even available for 16 lac as well.
    Thank you guys for your suggestions.

the point is not ''if its available for 16 lakh why should i buy it for 22"'

basically they are targeting different market segments, if you may please read my above post with Bold Red Caption.

I want to buy civic too but considering the fact i will get old engine and old transmission, boggles me over and corolla altis 1.8 has a new CVT transmission which is very good (Auto) and New Engine which is very responsive with this transmission.

18. 02-08-2014, 04:41 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any update for corolla gli

20. 02-08-2014, 04:54 PM

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Corolla is not the only car offered with varying engine capacities and features in same body

Lancers and Nissans too come with different engine capacities and features and price range in same body or shape

Even Honda City comes in two engine capacities 1.3 and 1.5 and same shape

Civic various trims too have huge price differences for same shape
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The reason why we have Xli and Gli is because they are catering for Those who cannot keep an altis. The cost of the car, registration, insurance, bla bla.

Toyota has maintained same shape, unlike Honda who has created another class I.e the City.

In some countries, city comes with a 1.8 liter engine...

The Mercedes hatchback that my aunt and uncle drives are both diesel, auto and one is 1800 cc, other is 2000cc.

Now, please stop the Immobilizer talk, passenger airbag and the civic comparison. We are boreeed.
    Lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Indus has a great strategy they have made car affordable for different segments unlike civic
    Those who don't like gli/xli buy altis no one is stopping you.......

Sent from my HUAWEI U8666E using PW Forums mobile app

24. 02-08-2014, 05:28 PM

PakWheeler

25. 02-08-2014, 05:30 PM

PakWheeler

26. 02-08-2014, 05:40 PM

PakWheeler

27. 02-08-2014, 05:41 PM

PakWheeler

28. 02-08-2014, 05:42 PM

PakWheeler

29. 02-08-2014, 05:44 PM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    Gli/Xli should not even exist really if you look at it practically, this car is designed as ALTIS for 1.8 or minimum 1.5 Engines, plus CVT transmission is very superior to what civic is offering as well as new 1.8 engine. civic is offering the same old engine.

Which hands down still is better and slightly more powerful 141hp
    With some new changes n modifications
    R18A
    R18 was 140hp

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Looks like we will never get a diesel car. Even india's city comes in diesel

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List