Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 21274
Like Tree12216Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Bro will write about that in detail after some time a bit busy
    But loved it
    Tested full hard braking , floored it drove on such a bad bumpy road too overall impressed
    And if u compare it with city 1.3 prosmatec it is better
    Didn't feel like it's 1299 cc with such a big body and auto
    Now i m confused.. I was all set to book Gli manual in a day or two....
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

F1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today i went at Toyota walton motors and i have been deciding to purchase Grande ,i would try to be unbiased as much has i can as i am not going into any Honda or Toyota war here !
    Anyways as we know it has one air bag ,no immobilizer ,no climate control but apart from these car is good looking no doubt but too high especially from back they also had displayed body kitted simple Altis it looked hot and sales person dint even know that from where it came from or whether its in the options or not. ,but interior has made my decision changed, Quality was not very good but its was just OK ,doors were not that smooth like previous corolla or civic, you can even see the quality of inside door panels its was pathetic they were literally loose ,i dont know may be it was only on the displayed car Any ways sun roof again was disappointment cheap quality rubber was used there it was not even aligned properly and the ultra light paper like sun roof cover was also absurd ,cluster and seats were good , dashboard was of fine quality but it was not much big or gave the macho feeling like previous gen corolla ,A.C vents were small ,A/c knobs were very sluggish and loose ,Gear section was fine ( i was expecting it to be more attractive) ,elbow rest was fixed but the main thing which i don't know many of the guys didn't notice that i felt its interior quite narrow or tight, as i am 6.3 i could barely sit on the driving seat (as i used height adjuster as well) and on the rear reclining seat as well,my head was continuously touching the roof and it felt uncomfortable and some how over all interior space felt ''Tight'' from all the sides and angles ! i felt my 1.8 cruise tronic more spacious then Grande ,its my opinion but over all car is not worth the money or toyota needs to cater to all the aspects ! i hope fully buy civic or any other car !
    Godzilla under the Hood !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All of you know the features already so I won't go in that detail , I will just upload the spec sheet of xli / Gli

About my experience after test driving new 1.3 corolla Auto

First impressions
    A nice and well built car
    Considering prices of other cars and previous shape corolla in 2013 / 2014 , a reasonably priced car with avg features , better than the competition

The new things that I noticed

Front map lights
    optitron meter
    eco indication while driving with light foot
    multi info display has outside temperature reading too
    same great finish and quality as of Altis obviously it lacks a few things
    same soft padding everywhere on the plastics
    same chrome lining around front cup holders as in Altis
    same rear arm rest
    same chrome line around the in dash audio system
    Carpeted lining hiding the frame of the trunk
    comfortable seats good soft fabric
    same light steering as compared to civic I didn't feel any such difference apart from cosmetic changes

about transmission and 1299 cc engine

smooth shifting

no jerks

1, 2 , 3 and then D all 4 modes if u want to floor it

Everyone was criticising the 1.3 auto version here even without driving one and that's y I had doubts obviously they will bring something like that after testing it on paki roads
    I went to the showroom in my 9th gen civic , obviously don't expect such impressive acceleration from a 1.3 ltr engine

but it was not bad at all
    a perfect car for daily drive
    I floored it and it was responsive here I am comparing it with city 1.3 prosmatec
    engine and transmission both were working perfectly together
    in honda city I notice the rpm needle goes to 4 or 5 even at lower speeds if u give pick in traffic etc this one felt better

brakes were good

handling was too good , wasn't expecting this from a corolla , it almost felt like I am driving a civic at sharp corners

gave full pick in 1 then shifted to 2 then 3 then D on left ,
    touched 110 and it was a nice experience considering such a big body and small engine it was good
    the gate type gear lever looks great and is really soft and well finished when u change gear modes manually

visibility since most of the routes had jam pack traffic when i was having test drive i felt a bit uncomfortable as compared to civic
    visibility was not as good as civic but i will comment on that after i will get my car may be the seat wasn't properly set for me

The worst thing that i felt and may be i am the only one saying this here
    Seems like this car has a stiff suspension all corollas used to have a soft and cushioning effect on bumps and bad roads but this one really felt hard
    I am comparing it with the comfort level of civic on such bad roads but with Michelin Tyres
    Corollas always felt much better than civics on bad roads even with eurostars but this is no longer the case now
    Changing the tyres is a must if u drive on rough roads

Cabin was quite and no weird tak tuk sounds from anywhere in the car
    Inner door handles are not chrome ones like altis

Heads up display and all other optional accessories will be available for all variants even xli and gli so that's good

I am happy and satisfied with my decision of booking Gli auto
    @shk_54
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

5. 07-08-2014, 01:43 AM

PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What will happen to the test cars?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by F1 View Post
    Today i went at Toyota walton motors and i have been deciding to purchase Grande ,i would try to be unbiased as much has i can as i am not going into any Honda or Toyota war here !
    Anyways as we know it has one air bag ,no immobilizer ,no climate control but apart from these car is good looking no doubt but too high especially from back they also had displayed body kitted simple Altis it looked hot and sales person dint even know that from where it came from or whether its in the options or not. ,but interior has made my decision changed, Quality was not very good but its was just OK ,doors were not that smooth like previous corolla or civic, you can even see the quality of inside door panels its was pathetic they were literally loose ,i dont know may be it was only on the displayed car Any ways sun roof again was disappointment cheap quality rubber was used there it was not even aligned properly and the ultra light paper like sun roof cover was also absurd ,cluster and seats were good , dashboard was of fine quality but it was not much big or gave the macho feeling like previous gen corolla ,A.C vents were small ,A/c knobs were very sluggish and loose ,Gear section was fine ( i was expecting it to be more attractive) ,elbow rest was fixed but the main thing which i don't know many of the guys didn't notice that i felt its interior quite narrow or tight, as i am 6.3 i could barely sit on the driving seat (as i used height adjuster as well) and on the rear reclining seat as well,my head was continuously touching the roof and it felt uncomfortable and some how over all interior space felt ''Tight'' from all the sides and angles ! i felt my 1.8 cruise tronic more spacious then Grande ,its my opinion but over all car is not worth the money or toyota needs to cater to all the aspects ! i hope fully buy civic or any other car !
    You said non biased, but end mien wohi honda toyota ki tabahi. Lik

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    842 Post(s)
    Tagged
    23 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here test cars or the cars on display are sold on lower and discounted price.

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    What will happen to the test cars?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Pakwheels on the MAP; http://bit.ly/ZVyXcZ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hashsohail View Post
    1.6 has the old engine and old 4 speed AT tranny

Yes everybody knows that, As i pointed out in the beginning that the Altis 1.6 is the rebaded GLI AT while everyone argued it being a Manual 1.6 L ALTIS. Anyways in Pakistan it came out in 2011, So not a too old technology. BTW the AT tranny in 1.3 and 1.6 engines are different aswell.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

10. 07-08-2014, 01:50 AM

Senior PakWheeler

11. 07-08-2014, 01:51 AM
    F1

Senior PakWheeler

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Yes everybody knows that, As i pointed out in the beginning that the Altis 1.6 is the rebaded GLI AT while everyone argued it being a Manual 1.6 L ALTIS. Anyways in Pakistan it came out in 2011, So not a too old technology. BTW the AT tranny in 1.3 and 1.6 engines are different aswell.
    Might possibly be different, but im quite sure 1.6 does not have Cvt tranny, and thats the whole point, i have no driver and my family drive cars themself, and i guess Cvt tranny is something to have after reading new corollas reviews and considering its improved functions with the new 1.8 engine.

I am only worried about the leather seats of grande, any possibility if i want fabric seats with grande Cvt? Is toyota offering something like that. I absolutely hate leather seats but i want grande.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Might possibly be different, but im quite sure 1.6 does not have Cvt tranny, and thats the whole point, i have no driver and my family drive cars themself, and i guess Cvt tranny is something to have after reading new corollas reviews and considering its improved functions with the new 1.8 engine.

I am only worried about the leather seats of grande, any possibility if i want fabric seats with grande Cvt? Is toyota offering something like that. I absolutely hate leather seats but i want grande.

After 151 pages you guess that the Altis 1.6 has a different tranny then the Altis 1.8L :O

No Ul have to get after market seat covers! And I guess I read higrade fabric for altis only not leather seats. Just the door paneling is leatherite (regxine)
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

@InNoCeNt_DeViL
    Thanks for such a detailed review.. Learning abt stiff suspension is a turn off bcoz for me suspension is the one thing i love about corolla and hate about city.. So it has made me think once again.. In case of 10th gen corolla, i remember it was quite soft even with stock euro stars.. Secondly, pick and power was one of two concerns i had abt Gli auto which ur review has solved Second thing i.e fuel average still remains a question mark.. May b this power is at expense of more fuel consumption.....
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

F1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You said non biased, but end mien wohi honda toyota ki tabahi. Lik

i narrated my opinion but as i said i will get honda OR any other car in that price range ,not a fan of toyota honda war ,every car has pros and cons ,every person has different choice and preferences and vice versa !
    Godzilla under the Hood !!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    @InNoCeNt_DeViL
    Thanks for such a detailed review.. Learning abt stiff suspension is a turn off for me bcoz for me suspension is the one thing i love about corolla and hate about city.. So it has made me think once again.. In case of 10th gen corolla, i remember it was quite soft even with stock euro stars.. Secondly, pick and power was one of two concerns i had abt Gli auto which ur review has solved Second thing i.e fuel average still remains a question mark.. May b this power is at expense of more fuel consumption.....
    Bro i test drove it on maripur road
    With bad traffic and driving conditions very bad uneven and rough road with so many bumps
    But yes with same tyres that I am using in my civic it might perform even better
    Btw raced with a Vigo / hilux while test driving new Gli and smoked it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizwan400 reported 17 second time for 1.3 Gli autimatic ... ( 17 seconds for 0-100 kph dash )

that seems quite responsive :p

( if you still havn't noticed sarcasm is intended )

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    @rizwan400 reported 17 second time for 1.3 Gli autimatic ... ( 17 seconds for 0-100 kph dash )

Have u driven 1.3 city prosmatec ?
    Is that car responsive ?
    When 13 point some sec is the time for manual to touch 100 then 17 for auto transmission with such a big body is just fine
    don't expect any wheel spin from this one
    wake up sir its a gli it's 1299 cc and it's auto
    My swift can smoke all other 1.3 ltr cars including manual xli and city too upto 120 km/ hr
    And even reborn civic and altis till 100
    So is it a better car than all the above mentioned ones ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post

And I still remember 17.2 was the time for city auto

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1457070

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro i test drove it on maripur road
    With bad traffic and driving conditions very bad uneven and rough road with so many bumps
    But yes with same tyres that I am using in my civic it might perform even better
    Btw raced with a Vigo / hilux while test driving new Gli and smoked it
    Aoa, Brother its also possible that the type pressure was on the higher side.....We sometimes lower the tyre pressure to get a little better ride and compromise on fuel consumption in our cars depending upon the type of road we are travelling on.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saw one Grande in Bronze Mica in Faisalabad. Looking so average to me.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers