Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 1065 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 21285
Like Tree12219Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes fuel injection system is changed .. I missed it too .... But if , somehow , that has made the car more responsive .. peak torque should had moved couple of hundreds lower .... i.e >> more torque at lower rpm but it isn't the case @umer_chaudhary

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1463577

Outgoing GLI's spec Sheet >>

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1463578

Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@umair2203
    about torque engineering, i'm no expert but it improves responsiveness of the engine. Max engine output still remains same because engine's power isn't increased or decreased in any way.

BTW: If it does changes some torque, i'm sure IMC haven't measured/tested that!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Those whining that GLi will be underpowered without even bothering to personally check the car, even if it is underpowered, who buys a GLi for racing or speeding? It's a freakin' family car which has reasonable power to carry a family and luggage on motorways and hilly areas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app
    8th Gen Mitsubishi Lancer 1.3 GLX 2006; 3rd Gen Toyota Prius 1.8 S-Touring 2010; 11th Gen Toyota Corolla 1.3 GLi AT 2014.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umair2203 View Post
    can you compare the pick-up acceleration with 1.3 honda city ? On papers >> city is lighter and with newer more powerful engine

i have driven the outgoing corolla 1.3 and honda city is a clear winner because of obvious reasons of weight and newer engine....

So are you saying the new gli drives differently then the outgoing one ?//?
    clearly i m talking about auto transmission, and comparison was also with auto transmission of both.
    Mannual mein city ki pick theek hy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gli at will surely be more responsive than city prosmatic because prosmatic in city is crap

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An important observation

Esteemed members, kindly put out your opinion on this

I sat in the present model Civic earlier today , and twitched a little bit with its auto climate control. The question is: Is that really an Auto climate control or just a marketing gimmick ???

The reason this question arised is because what I thought about the Auto air-conditioning is that it would work the same way new ACs in our home work. The new ACs with temperature control option let you set the temperature , and they MAINTAIN THE TEMPERATURE BY REGULATING THE COMPRESSOR , PUTTING IT 'ON' AND 'OFF' , to maintain the desired temperature. This is NOT how the temperature control in Civic worked. What it simply did was ; as you start increasing the desired temperature , the air that is blowing out starts getting warmer and warmer , and if you start decreasing the desired temperature , the air that is blowing out starts getting colder and colder , THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ROTATE THE COROLLA'S BLUE-RED KNOB FROM BLUE TO RED OR RED TO BLUE !! If you see a Corolla's air-conditioning usage demo or tutorial video , you'll realize that the blue-red knob is a temperature control knob in the same manner as civic's temperature control up and down buttons (though it is not labelled). But it does the same thing , the extreme blue position indicates 18 degrees , the mid position (half way up) indicates 24 degrees , and so on. They both work in the same manner . If the civic's temperature control does not mean a compressor being automatically regulated (getting on and off automatically) to maintain the desired temperature but just blowing cooler or warmer air like the blue-red knob of corolla , THEN AREN'T BOTH OF THEM THE SAME THING ?????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by excusemeplease View Post
    An important observation

I sat in the present model Civic earlier today , and twitched a little bit with its auto climate control. The question is: Is that really an Auto climate control or just a marketing gimmick ???

The reason this question arised is because what I thought about the Auto air-conditioning is that it would work the same way new ACs in our home work. The new ACs with temperature control option let you set the temperature , and they MAINTAIN THE TEMPERATURE BY REGULATING THE COMPRESSOR , PUTTING IT 'ON' AND 'OFF' , to maintain the desired temperature. This is NOT how the temperature control in Civic worked. What it simply did was ; as you start increasing the desired temperature , the air that is blowing out starts getting warmer and warmer , and if you start decreasing the desired temperature , the air that is blowing out starts getting colder and colder , THE SAME THING THAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ROTATE THE COROLLA'S BLUE-RED KNOB FROM BLUE TO RED OR RED TO BLUE !! If you see a Corolla's air-conditioning usage demo or tutorial video , you'll realize that the blue-red knob is a temperature control knob in the same manner as civic's temperature control up and down buttons (though it is not labelled). But it does the same thing , the extreme blue position indicates 18 degrees , the mid position (half way up) indicates 24 degrees , and so on. They both work in the same manner . If the civic's temperature control does not mean a compressor being automatically regulated (getting on and off automatically) to maintain the desired temperature but just blowing cooler or warmer air like the blue-red knob of corolla , THEN AREN'T BOTH OF THEM THE SAME THING ?????
    it is not a marketing gimmick .. it is auto airconditioning ... when you start increasing the temp. the compressor shuts off !!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Education is not any Degree or Certificate.
    Education is the our attitude,language & behaviour with others in life............!!!!

9. 19-08-2014, 07:11 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it is not a marketing gimmick .. it is auto airconditioning ... when you start increasing the temp. the compressor shuts off !!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Well that was not at all the case which is why I went ahead with this post. On the contrary, as I wrote above, the air instead started getting cooler or warmer.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well that was not at all the case which is why I went ahead with this post. On the contrary, as I wrote above, the air instead started getting cooler or warmer.
    Was the car standstill or moving?

Because- When I drove Toyota Allion, I set the temp. to 25. I could literally ' feel ' the compressor kicking in and turning off, judging by a 'lil jerk in the car. It will never give warmer air.

I think you meant warmer air because when AC compressor is off outside temp. air comes in.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well in civic , sensor inside cabin should monitor temperature and regulate compressor

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Aunda Fan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An important observation

In my auto air conditioning we set a temperature and when the temperature of the cabin reaches that desired temperature the compressor turns off.... And starts blowing warmer air and try to maintain the temperature while in corolla the red blue knob indicates the temperature of the air that how cold or warm the air is it doesn't set with the current temperature if the cabin

Sent from my C6602 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by themann4u View Post
    In my auto air conditioning we set a temperature and when the temperature of the cabin reaches that desired temperature the compressor turns off.... And starts blowing warmer air and try to maintain the temperature while in corolla the red blue knob indicates the temperature of the air that how cold or warm the air is it doesn't set with the current temperature if the cabin

Sent from my C6602 using PW Forums mobile app
    The system also adjusts the fan speed depending on the temperature set and prevalent in the car.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Saw few "butt-kicked" corollas today on Karachi roads. Few had after market rims and those were looking gorgeous

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by civic7 View Post
    Well, Just returned from toyota showroom after test driving of both grande cvti and gli at. total 4 persons were on board (all were 80kg or more). grande is simply superb, however being a civic fan for the last 15years i didnot like its road grip/road handeling, but it was no so bad. my concern was at gli at, so it was a good experince, not at all sluggish, smooth gear shifting, awsome pick, while going through under pass i check pick at many points after bracking/stoping car. if i compare id with my aspire 1.5 pt. gli experience was great, though in the papers, city aspire 1.5 pt looks more decent in every aspect, but on the road gli at is the winner.
    strong blue colour is awasome as well as gun metalic and delivery time is end october right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by umer_chaudhary View Post
    The reason for improved performance is SFI implementation on 2NZ-FE.
    its a improved method used to enhance the pick and acceleration of engines and used by people all arround the world to custom enhance engine capabilities. Nobody has really observed this implementation by IMC and everyone here is thrashing on just 2NZ-FE
    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    And here people are criticizing GLI without even driving one
    Quote Originally Posted by umer_chaudhary View Post
    on previous gen corolla, Sequential Fuel Injection wasn't implemented (All cylinders get same air intake/ fuel mix for 1 complete cycle).

Now corolla has introduced SFI in 1.3L (Each cylinder can have a different fuel/air mix from the previous cylinder)
    this causes the car to become more responsive and give better performance both in acceleration and mileage because fuel can be cut down or increased more responsively as compared to the non-SFI based EFI injection.

THE CON OF THIS SFI IS THAT IT HAS MORE WIRING FROM DISTRIBUTOR TO EACH CYLINDER + MORE COMPLEX COIL WIRING + MECHANICS WILL ALSO NEED TO TRAIN!

Weighing the Pros and Cons of Sequential Fuel Injection - AutoRepair.Answers.com
    Can you compare the pick-up acceleration with 1.3 Honda City ? On papers >> City is lighter and with newer more powerful engine

I have driven the outgoing Corolla 1.3 and Honda City is a clear winner because of obvious reasons of weight and newer engine....

so are you saying the new GLI drives differently then the outgoing one ?//?
    Quote Originally Posted by aliusman420 View Post
    Those whining that GLi will be underpowered without even bothering to personally check the car, even if it is underpowered, who buys a GLi for racing or speeding? It's a freakin' family car which has reasonable power to carry a family and luggage on motorways and hilly areas.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using PW Forums mobile app

Exactly !
    When I shared the same after driving 1.3 Gli A/T 2 weeks back everyone started making fun and passed negative comments and taunts
    I am happy now you have also shared the same , many ppl here were thinking , only because I booked gli a/T thts y I was saying it was impressive considering the big heavy body and same old small engine
    PREDATOR 11th Gen Corolla and RED MAMBA Reborn...
    Blast from the Past Sabre 9th gen Civic n Blue Max Reborn...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akramsalman.164 View Post
    Does anyone know the actual fuel consumption of the new 2014 Toyota Corolla Grande CVTi in the city as well as on the highway? I know that IMC always give fake fuel economy figures. I think that its fuel economy is worse than a an Accord CL9.
    I friend of mine has been getting 8-9 kmpl on his grande cvt in the city. No idea about the highway mileage but it should be around 13

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by burnoutrevenge View Post
    I friend of mine has been getting 8-9 kmpl on his grande cvt in the city. No idea about the highway mileage but it should be around 13

Sent from my A8 using PW Forums mobile app
    Good enough

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad_yar View Post
    Dear Shaeery bhai
    i agree with you that even brand new car skin having dryness , rough hand feel but its dosnt mean you u use abrasives like compounds to remove that roughness as by compounds u not only removing roughness but also a layer of paint's clear coat.

Our local paint shops are still living in 1990's and for every problem they have only one solution which is "Compound"
    In modern world we have paint cleansing "Clay bars " which are totally safe for paint or clear coat and non abrasive way to cleanse the paint , remove roughness from new paint and in old paint also remove oxidation , contamination etc etc and make paint smooth as like silk and very fresh shine than top up with any nice natural wax

About more info about claying pls ref my article on this link post #393 and #395 https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bod...es-pakistan-20

well i am not very expert but still whatever i have basic knowledge can share with u if u wish for
    ustad jee.. didn't understand all the tech-tips.. just need simple advice from you- how do you rate Abdul Hayye sb's work/expertise?

or shall i bring the vehicle to you?

please PM me some details..

shukria

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Previous GLi 84 hp this one 82.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need the suggest from you guys I already have the pioneer sound system which I want to replace in my new corolla as per the new showcase in corolla can we find new fitting to install pioneer normal panel out audio system

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I need the suggestion from you guys I already have the pioneer sound system which I want to replace in my new corolla as per the new showcase in corolla can we find new fitting to install pioneer normal panel out audio system

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List