Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 319 of 1064 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329369419819 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,380 of 21270
Like Tree12214Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747

11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223

• Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.

Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    I was not sure IMC wud come up with 3 different engines 1.3, 1.6 and 1.8 at same time thats why i said that.. You too had said that 1.6 will hv a manual version too.. So those were all guesses.. Chill
    But i must appreciate your memory.. If u remember all my old posts then u must hv read that i did not appreciate 1.3 auto Gli from Day 1 and thats y i hv booked Gli Manual u know that...
    Yes people tight on budget go for Gli auto but still the long delivery period is not bcoz of demand only rather bcoz IMC is allocating very less quota to this version from Day 1...Investors are also very active due to partial payment facility and that has resulted in delayed deliveries of all variants
    1.6 Altis justifies the price difference, has more color choice as well and people who can afford will go for it.. Even u wud hv bought this if it had launched earlier...

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    I also have the same feelings that Altis 1.6 would be the best buy. GLI A/T costs around 1845k and if you add rims and navi toh it'll be close to 1950k. And you can easily buy Altis 1.6 in this price tag.

Having XLI in the line up, GLI costs more than what it deserves. If IMC discontinue XLI toh GLI will be available at price of XLI.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salik990

AOA, Salik bhai i dont know who told you that you require an Diesel Engine Overhaul after 75K km....I have had a Couple of 2.0D 's in our Family who have required overhauling at 275k km to 325k km.....My personal 2.0D 192k km done has by Grace of Allah no Problem...Yes you do need Timing Belt replacement at 100k km but petrol cars usually require the same at 50k km interval....The only other thing that i can think of is the Injector Nozzeles that might need changing due to the Fuel Quality but mine have lasted me 90k km before the fuel consumption started to increase and they needed replacement and none of these are a Rs50k maintenance jobs by a long shot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@salik990

AOA, Salik bhai i dont know who told you that you require an Diesel Engine Overhaul after 75K km....I have had a Couple of 2.0D 's in our Family who have required overhauling at 275k km to 325k km.....My personal 2.0D 192k km done has by Grace of Allah no Problem...Yes you do need Timing Belt replacement at 100k km but petrol cars usually require the same at 50k km interval....The only other thing that i can think of is the Injector Nozzeles that might need changing due to the Fuel Quality but mine have lasted me 90k km before the fuel consumption started to increase and they needed replacement and none of these are a Rs50k maintenance jobs by a long shot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the Way there was a discussion going on regarding the 1.4D4D Diesel not being offered by Indus due to Pakistans Diesel Fuel Quality but at the Same time they resolved that Issue with regards to Hilux Vigo 2.5D4D Diesel by using different Injector Nozzles....If that is true then why not do the same with corolla unless ofcourse it effects the Fuel Mileage that 1.4D4D is reported to have and defeats the purpose of the exercise....2c Diesel is out of the Question due to the high token Tax and Registration charges structured with respect to Engine Displacement in cc rather than actual engine power...If they are capable of changing the 1.4D4D Injector Nozzles like they did with Vigo without compromising the Fuel average than they must be Holding Back the Launch for when the Demand goes down as with the 1.4d4d Mileage and Engine Torque advantage it will surely be a hot cake especially as it would not cost a lot more due to only 100cc more displacement than the 1.3 Xli/Gli in terms of Token and Registration.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrIce View Post
    @salik990

Walekumusalam, dear plz read my previous post as it was told by Toyota workshop, they want to mint out the money......anyway we r talking about maintenance cost compare to corolla Gli
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MrIce View Post
    By the Way there was a discussion going on regarding the 1.4D4D Diesel not being offered by Indus due to Pakistans Diesel Fuel Quality but at the Same time they resolved that Issue with regards to Hilux Vigo 2.5D4D Diesel by using different Injector Nozzles....If that is true then why not do the same with corolla unless ofcourse it effects the Fuel Mileage that 1.4D4D is reported to have and defeats the purpose of the exercise....2c Diesel is out of the Question due to the high token Tax and Registration charges structured with respect to Engine Displacement in cc rather than actual engine power...If they are capable of changing the 1.4D4D Injector Nozzles like they did with Vigo without compromising the Fuel average than they must be Holding Back the Launch for when the Demand goes down as with the 1.4d4d Mileage and Engine Torque advantage it will surely be a hot cake especially as it would not cost a lot more due to only 100cc more displacement than the 1.3 Xli/Gli in terms of Token and Registration.
    I wud love to get 1.4 d4d one day as it got more horsepower than Gli n even more torque than Altis, also give 16-20kmp/L.....in India n Turkey its quite successful same in Europe/UK but our diesel which is Euro 0 standard....if the oil refinery improve diesel even upto Euro 2 it will work fine....in other countries diesel are ULSD upto euro 4 standard
    My lugnuts require more torque than your Vtec can put out...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Corolla 'beautiful as a bride,' says a 1982 Corolla advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by InNoCeNt_DeViL View Post
    Kaman se nikla hua teer
    Mu se nikli hui baat
    Aur
    Guzra hua waqt kabhi wapas nahi atay ..

" Corolla Aik dulhan hai shehzadi hai xli cha jaegy "

Lol pls dont kill me now
    Kafi sanjeedgi hogai thi thora mazak banta tha
    No offense
    Mohtaram @InNoCeNt_DeViL Sahib,
    I don't have to kill you for anything. I did call Corolla a Dulhan of Pakistan. I remember when I was about to join my professional college in 1982, I saw a Toyota Corolla advertisement saying, "Beautiful as a bride," and that was a Japanese assembled Corolla and not 'trash' made by IMC. It was indeed a beautiful car. If we look around, the most favoured car of Pakistan is Toyota Corolla XLi and GLi. 10th generation was launched in 2008 with a facelift model coming in 2010. I used those words about the earlier Corollas because of their popularity. In 2006 when used car imports were allowed by the then Musharraf government, huge profit losses were incurred by Indus Motor Company because the public became aware of what quality was all about. Local manufacturers became exposed of their dishonesty, deceitfulness and trickery. How can they be blessed by the Almighty when they pay kickbacks to the government so that import restrictions are imposed by the latter. Rishwat main barkat kaisay ho saktee hay?

Coming to the so called '11th generation' Corolla. I thought it would be a significant departure from the earlier version; the 10th generation. It (11th generation) is the same car. I never called the new Corolla a 'Dulhan', I used that word for the earlier versions when the cars were not that technologically advanced. In 2014 Indus Motor Company is offering the same old car in a new body shell, old wine in new bottles. It is mandatory in Germany for every car manufactured since January 1, 1998 to be fitted with an immobiliser and in the UK the date is October 1, 1998. Now it is 2014 and IMC Corolla doesn't have one. I find this very single shortcoming of not having an immobiliser in 2014 worth enough for the car to be totally rejected. The technology being offered by IMC in the 2014 Corolla is decades old and one just has to say, 'Shame on you IMC."

The world has changed a lot over the years and IMC has not. It is such a shame to see nothing changed in the car except for the body-shell and they call the car as 'new 11th generation.' Don't you see all this unacceptable? They are not even offering a passenger side airbag and 2014 cars around the world are coming with a minimum of 10 (airbags). Utterly unacceptable!
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Mohtaram @InNoCeNt_DeViL Sahib,
    I don't have to kill you for anything. I did call Corolla a Dulhan of Pakistan. I remember when I was about to join my professional college in 1982, I saw a Toyota Corolla advertisement saying, "Beautiful as a bride," and that was a Japanese assembled Corolla and not 'trash' made by IMC. It was indeed a beautiful car. If we look around, the most favoured car of Pakistan is Toyota Corolla XLi and GLi. 10th generation was launched in 2008 with a facelift model coming in 2010. I used those words about the earlier Corollas because of their popularity. In 2006 when used car imports were allowed by the then Musharraf government, huge profit losses were incurred by Indus Motor Company because the public became aware of what quality was all about. Local manufacturers became exposed of their dishonesty, deceitfulness and trickery. How can they be blessed by the Almighty when they pay kickbacks to the government so that import restrictions are imposed by the latter. Rishwat main barkat kaisay ho saktee hay?

Coming to the so called '11th generation' Corolla. I thought it would be a significant departure from the earlier version; the 10th generation. It (11th generation) is the same car. I never called the new Corolla a 'Dulhan', I used that word for the earlier versions when the cars were not that technologically advanced. In 2014 Indus Motor Company is offering the same old car in a new body shell, old wine in new bottles. It is mandatory in Germany for every car manufactured since January 1, 1998 to be fitted with an immobiliser and in the UK the date is October 1, 1998. Now it is 2014 and IMC Corolla doesn't have one. I find this very single shortcoming of not having an immobiliser in 2014 worth enough for the car to be totally rejected. The technology being offered by IMC in the 2014 Corolla is decades old and one just has to say, 'Shame on you IMC."

The world has changed a lot over the years and IMC has not. It is such a shame to see nothing changed in the car except for the body-shell and they call the car as 'new 11th generation.' Don't you see all this unacceptable? They are not even offering a passenger side airbag and 2014 cars around the world are coming with a minimum of 10 (airbags). Utterly unacceptable!
    Bro this tym imc has done very good.
    Only negative point is immoblizer.
    Baki i will not agree on your technology thingy
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Bro this tym imc has done very good.
    Only negative point is immoblizer.
    Baki i will not agree on your technology thingy
    Mohtaram @COOLTAHIR Sahib,
    What about the passenger side airbag? Where is it?

Regards.
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@supereagle sir jee, welcome back to pakwheels. baray dino k baad ap nazar ayay hann. Where were you all this time? Please haath hola rakhain. Aap kisso ko nahi bakshtay. Please IMC walon k dil na torain. iss thread pay IMC salesman key barmaar hy. kyun logon key rozi pay laat marty hain.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mohtaram @COOLTAHIR Sahib,
    What about the passenger side airbag? Where is it?

Regards.
    In India Top of the line Altis is priced around 17 lac plus INR which is 2.85 million Pak Rupee.. IMC had to price the car around price of Honda for which they had literally stripped it down unfortunately.. They know Pakistani customers psychology very well that they are more interested in looks and cosmetic features and very less in safety features.. More than 90% buyers here dont even know what immobilizer is.. It is because of this psychology that Xli Gli sell more just bcoz they look same like their technology advanced and expensive variant..

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shk_54 View Post
    In India Top of the line Altis is priced around 17 lac plus INR which is 2.85 million Pak Rupee.. IMC had to price the car around price of Honda for which they had literally stripped it down unfortunately.. They know Pakistani customers psychology very well that they are more interested in looks and cosmetic features and very less in safety features.. More than 90% buyers here dont even know what immobilizer is.. It is because of this psychology that Xli Gli sell more just bcoz they look same like their technology advanced and expensive variant..

Mohtaram @shk_54 Sahib,
    Corolla is the most stolen car in Pakistan and an immobiliser would have reduced its theft to zilch. It is obligatory on the part of the manufacturer to offer one to help its client even if he (the client) knows nothing about it. I would consider it to the same analogy when a surgeon opens you up for something and you know nothing about your body and even if you know nothing about the human organs, the surgeon does the best to help you out by doing his best and offering his best services. On the same note, IMC is not doing her best. She is not offering her best. She (IMC) is dishonest.

Here is the Hippocratic Oath taken by doctors when the degree of Medicine is bestowed upon them, just go through it and you will find how IMC is dishonest,

I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius the surgeon, likewise Hygeia and Panacea, and call all the gods and goddesses to witness, that I will observe and keep this underwritten oath, to the utmost of my power and judgment.I will reverence my master who taught me the art. Equally with my parents, will I allow him things necessary for his support, and will consider his sons as brothers. I will teach them my art without reward or agreement; and I will impart all my acquirements, instructions, and whatever I know, to my master's children, as to my own; and likewise to all my pupils, who shall bind and tie themselves by a professional oath, but to none else.With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will get no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child.Further, I will comport myself and use my knowledge in a godly manner.I will not cut for the stone, but will commit that affair entirely to the surgeons.Whatsoever house I may enter, my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient; and I will willingly refrain from doing any injury or wrong from falsehood, and (in an especial manner) from acts of an amorous nature, whatever may be the rank of those who it may be my duty to cure, whether mistress or servant, bond or free.Whatever, in the course of my practice, I may see or hear (even when not invited), whatever I may happen to obtain knowledge of, if it be not proper to repeat it, I will keep sacred and secret within my own breast.If I faithfully observe this oath, may I thrive and prosper in my fortune and profession, and live in the estimation of posterity; or on breach thereof, may the reverse be my fate.

Zara ghoar farmain, "
    my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient;"

Regards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mohtaram @shk_54 Sahib,
    Corolla is the most stolen car in Pakistan and an immobiliser would have reduced its theft to zilch. It is obligatory on the part of the manufacturer to offer one to help its client even if he (the client) knows nothing about it. I would consider it to the same analogy when a surgeon opens you up for something and you know nothing about your body and even if you know nothing about the human organs, the surgeon does the best to help you out by doing his best and offering his best services. On the same note, IMC is not doing her best. She is not offering her best. She (IMC) is dishonest.

Here is the Hippocratic Oath taken by doctors when the degree of Medicine is bestowed upon them, just go through it and you will find how IMC is dishonest,

I swear by Apollo the physician, and Aesculapius the surgeon, likewise Hygeia and Panacea, and call all the gods and goddesses to witness, that I will observe and keep this underwritten oath, to the utmost of my power and judgment.I will reverence my master who taught me the art. Equally with my parents, will I allow him things necessary for his support, and will consider his sons as brothers. I will teach them my art without reward or agreement; and I will impart all my acquirements, instructions, and whatever I know, to my master's children, as to my own; and likewise to all my pupils, who shall bind and tie themselves by a professional oath, but to none else.With regard to healing the sick, I will devise and order for them the best diet, according to my judgment and means; and I will take care that they suffer no hurt or damage.Nor shall any man's entreaty prevail upon me to administer poison to anyone; neither will I counsel any man to do so. Moreover, I will get no sort of medicine to any pregnant woman, with a view to destroy the child.Further, I will comport myself and use my knowledge in a godly manner.I will not cut for the stone, but will commit that affair entirely to the surgeons.Whatsoever house I may enter, my visit shall be for the convenience and advantage of the patient; and I will willingly refrain from doing any injury or wrong from falsehood, and (in an especial manner) from acts of an amorous nature, whatever may be the rank of those who it may be my duty to cure, whether mistress or servant, bond or free.Whatever, in the course of my practice, I may see or hear (even when not invited), whatever I may happen to obtain knowledge of, if it be not proper to repeat it, I will keep sacred and secret within my own breast.If I faithfully observe this oath, may I thrive and prosper in my fortune and profession, and live in the estimation of posterity; or on breach thereof, may the reverse be my fate.

Zara ghoar farmain, "

Regards.

@mohtaram eagle bhai
    I think you are still unaware about paki people and specialy taxi drivers mentality which even dont know about immob or even abs and efi system.
    I myself has swift which has immob few months back it got a error in immob system and car stoped on the spot with check light i have to take suzuki mechanic with my self from 200 kms far city to my home town and he told me car is automaticaly locked due to immob or some one has insert wrong key in it.
    Corolla is used more in remote areas as compared to citys if imc introduce cruise control push start climate control etc etc no one will buy it except few parhey likhe ap jese bande who knows very well how to drive and maintain a car with these modern goodies have.
    And those taxi drivers and villagers will say bhai computer wali gari hy maza nahi hy is me.
    And the main reason of its flop will be our ustad mechanics which troll people hope you understand.
    One example from my side :
    I am in search of top of the line corolla grande or civic when i compared both civic has more featurrs like criues control imid climate control etc i refused it to buy bcx i know its gonna be drive by my driver which even say about my swift and say sir jee computer wali gari hy mere mechanic ko samj nahi ati aur corolla achi hy corolla 2007 which i have till now
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After 319 pages, we are back on the non-availability of passenger side air bag and immobilizer, Bravo!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mohtaram @shk_54 Sahib,

Zara ghoar farmain, "

Regards.

On a lighter note, why are you referring IMC as "SHE"?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone confirm the presence of Ashtray behind the central consol panel. As i went to my dealer for asking the date of my car's delivery, at there i saw another grande with open space at the place of ash tray. Do i have to ask them for ashtray or this place is vaccant.
    www.dr-tanveer.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drtanveerali View Post
    Can anyone confirm the presence of Ashtray behind the central consol panel. As i went to my dealer for asking the date of my car's delivery, at there i saw another grande with open space at the place of ash tray. Do i have to ask them for ashtray or this place is vaccant.
    No ashtray.. Just empty space

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Altis 1.6 Update

Booking of Altis 1.6 is started from today. You can visit Toyota Eastern/Southern Motors for booking. Delivery time is one month. Price of Altis 1.6 is Rs.1,952,500 PKR.
    Eat Well ~ Travel Often

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drtanveerali View Post
    Now a days companies are discouraging smoking trend, so ash tray is absent in city as well...

Sent from my LG-F160 SKL using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List