Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 418 of 1062 FirstFirst ... 318368408416417418419420428468518918 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 21238
Like Tree12208Likes

Thread: 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    Moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    13
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default 11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan

    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446056
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1446871

    Official pamphlet Altis http://tinyurl.com/k3as7w6

    Update: August 3, 2014 XLI/GLI Details: Post# 2746

    Below XLI/GLI Details As per Pakwheel member @shk_54

    Registration cost 1.8, Islamabad

    Registration cost 1.6, Islamabad

    Registration cost of 1.3 Gli in Islamabad

    Fuel averages of Gli 1.3 AT, Altis 1.6 AT and Grande 1.8 CVT-i

    Gli 1.3 AT vs Altis 1.6 AT a fair analysis by @nido747


    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455222
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1455223



    • Please be specific to the topic which is 11th Generation Corolla.
    • Share your opinion & thoughts in decent manner.
    • Please stay away from HONDA-TOYOTA war. Don't spam the thread with useless Civic -Corolla arguments.
    • Any abusive language, any political comments will be treated as violation of PW already set rules and will result in infraction.
    • Stay away from personal attacks.
    • Members are requested to share information as accurate as possible. Spamming the thread with off topic replies is NOT allowed.
    • The opening post will be updated when official IMC statement/ release is made.


    Disclaimer:
    The information provided on this thread is intended to provide general information to the members and is by members. The contents of this thread should not be construed as official statement/ information.



  2. #8341
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Because we don't have a ES sport trim
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  3. #8342
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,574
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Essay Kuch nae hai Bhae. They get their parts from Toyota Thailand. Toyota Thailand is giving the same old rims in the basic Altis corolla top of the line variant comes with 16" alloys. And the es sport comes with projector lamps and 17" rims. Es sports is a bit cheaper then the top of the line trim
    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    You might be right but no where in the world the euro/Thai spec corolla comes with these rims. So I'm doubtful. IMC would only fix what they get from Toyota Thailand other then that they cannot even change a bulb with there will

    The picture your quoting looks like at a dealer ship and are probably very common on new corolla as well. Most people who bought early corollas have these rims installed exchanging factory fitted ones

    What's the source of your info? If I agree with what are you saying then all Thai Corollas have immoblisers as standard, why not in Pakistani Corolla then?

    There is no 4-speed super ect AT in any of the Thai Corolla and all of the Thai auto variants now have Cvti. If I believe you then why we have 4 speed AT in Gli 1.3 and Altis 1.6?

    All Thai Corollas have Eco meter, while Xli and Gli in Pakistan don't have it except Gli AT

    All Thai Corollas have remote key, while only 1.8 variants in Pakistan have it

    All Thai Corollas have dual front airbags, while Pakistani 1.8 variants have only one driver side airbag

    All Thai Corollas have thief deterrent system, while none of Pakistani Corolla has it
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  4. #8343
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,574
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    PS: Only 1.6 manual versions have less features and in Pakistan IMC has not launched 6-Speed Manual Altis 1.6
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

  5. #8344
    PakWheeler Follow
    nousher101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    What's the source of your info? If I agree with what are you saying then all Thai Corollas have immoblisers as standard, why not in Pakistani Corolla then?

    There is no 4-speed super ect AT in any of the Thai Corolla and all of the Thai auto variants now have Cvti. If I believe you then why we have 4 speed AT in Gli 1.3 and Altis 1.6?

    All Thai Corollas have Eco meter, while Xli and Gli in Pakistan don't have it except Gli AT

    All Thai Corollas have remote key, while only 1.8 variants in Pakistan have it

    All Thai Corollas have dual front airbags, while Pakistani 1.8 variants have only one driver side airbag

    All Thai Corollas have thief deterrent system, while none of Pakistani Corolla has it
    Ikathay itna sawal


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  6. #8345
    PakWheeler Follow
    nousher101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    33
    Posts
    177
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    You might be right but no where in the world the euro/Thai spec corolla comes with these rims. So I'm doubtful. IMC would only fix what they get from Toyota Thailand other then that they cannot even change a bulb with there will

    The picture your quoting looks like at a dealer ship and are probably very common on new corolla as well. Most people who bought early corollas have these rims installed exchanging factory fitted ones
    Chinyoti bro these rims are not the one which are for sale at dealerships only one piece is given to dealership it is actuall given by indus to show to ur customers and get feedback it was firstly given to toyota garden motors lahore than moved to toyota walton motors lahore now its gone from there also dont knw its exact location if u want the rim location i mean at which dealership its is present rite now ill try to give u by tomorrow but what dealershipd did they instead if shiwing it to customer by placed it in the rack bcoz u know if they show it to ppl that rim is changing in coming future u knw what ppl will do to dealers like asking again n again and who r coming to get the car on "own" they will start thinking so they avoided it showing and got the questionnaire filled from few known customers
    So bro hope for the best and let the new rim come


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

  7. #8346
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    What's the source of your info? If I agree with what are you saying then all Thai Corollas have immoblisers as standard, why not in Pakistani Corolla then?

    There is no 4-speed super ect AT in any of the Thai Corolla and all of the Thai auto variants now have Cvti. If I believe you then why we have 4 speed AT in Gli 1.3 and Altis 1.6?

    All Thai Corollas have Eco meter, while Xli and Gli in Pakistan don't have it except Gli AT

    All Thai Corollas have remote key, while only 1.8 variants in Pakistan have it

    All Thai Corollas have dual front airbags, while Pakistani 1.8 variants have only one driver side airbag

    All Thai Corollas have thief deterrent system, while none of Pakistani Corolla has it
    1) Manual cars dont have a eco meter even in Thai spec check the thailand Toyota Altis spec sheet again.

    2) Their is also no MT variant in 1.8L

    3) Their is also no 1.3L variant in thailand

    4) Check and compare the prices of Corolla Thailand+

    5) 1.6 variants dont have remote key in the thai spec sheet.

    Lastly i never said that the Pakistani Corolla is a CKD of Thailand Corolla. Major parts are imported from the regional head that is Thailand for INDIA and PAKISTAN (probably south east ASIA). (This also goes for HONDA PAKISTAN).

    many parts seats, Dashboard, bumpers and many rubber parts for Corolla are made in Pakistan. But the Corolla you get is Thai spec. major decision making in IMC is of Toyota Japan and Thailand respectively (same goes for Suzuki and Honda). They with their will cannot change a bulb they are just simply assemblers in Pakistan not manufacturers.

    http://www.toyota.co.th/en/product-d...altis&opt=spec

    Only 4 variants are visible, Click on the button that says click here for full page full spec sheet.
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  8. #8347
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nousher101 View Post
    Chinyoti bro these rims are not the one which are for sale at dealerships only one piece is given to dealership it is actuall given by indus to show to ur customers and get feedback it was firstly given to toyota garden motors lahore than moved to toyota walton motors lahore now its gone from there also dont knw its exact location if u want the rim location i mean at which dealership its is present rite now ill try to give u by tomorrow but what dealershipd did they instead if shiwing it to customer by placed it in the rack bcoz u know if they show it to ppl that rim is changing in coming future u knw what ppl will do to dealers like asking again n again and who r coming to get the car on "own" they will start thinking so they avoided it showing and got the questionnaire filled from few known customers
    So bro hope for the best and let the new rim come


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Nops sorry, I still dont belive it, Id have to see it to belive it, Specially when you are saying that these rims are 15", If they had to upgrade ALTIS 1.8 Rims they would move to 16" or keep the same 15".

    Once again you still might be correct, But id have to see it to belive it. till then id say no new rims in the 15" profile are coming
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  9. #8348
    PakWheeler Follow
    jm916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    1
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    Nops sorry, I still dont belive it, Id have to see it to belive it, Specially when you are saying that these rims are 15", If they had to upgrade ALTIS 1.8 Rims they would move to 16" or keep the same 15".

    Once again you still might be correct, But id have to see it to belive it. till then id say no new rims in the 15" profile are coming
    Upgrading to 16" rims by IMC is not probable. They can't give imported tyres whereas Eurostars come in 15". Even civics have 15". IMC would only change the design with little modifications which is not worth the wait and excitement of customers.


    Power wears out those who don't have it !
    Power wears out those who don't have it.

  10. #8349
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jm916 View Post
    Upgrading to 16" rims by IMC is not probable. They can't give imported tyres whereas Eurostars come in 15". Even civics have 15". IMC would only change the design with little modifications which is not worth the wait and excitement of customers.


    Power wears out those who don't have it !
    Not having local tires is no reason for a manufacturer not to give a specific size tire. However if localy a size is avalible and is cheap they would opt for it.

    Civic has been coimng with 15" since 2006. Corolla gave 15" rims in later 2007 end models. After that IMC started general tires made the 15" tire hence 2008 corolla came with factory fitted Eurostars. And they Honda also used the local tire to make sure localization is increased.

    Corolla 2002 came with Yokohama's in 185/65/14 at that time general was only making 175/65/14 for baleno. The size of suzuki swift isn't still avalilbe with general tires hence Suzuki Pakistan is using bridgestone and Yokohama's. Similar case with wagonr
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  11. #8350
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    chinyoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,952
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    A particular dealer can offer rim on their part. But IMC being bound would use what they are provided with nothing they like can be put on, so basicly IMC is not always responsible for not giving you top of the line options. Its Toyota Thailand and Japan that is making decisions for IMC

    FOR reference,

    INDUS MOTORS, Standard rims on VIGO, PRADO LIKE RIMS 17" cost an extra 300,000
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

  12. #8351
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    shk_54's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,000
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    anyone has idea what is the present price of top of the line Grande Cvti 2015 invoiced..for ready delivery??


    Sent from iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply!

  13. #8352
    PakWheeler Follow
    supereagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    52
    Posts
    599
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Thumbs down Don't go for a flimsy wheel clamp!

    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by autophile View Post
    11th Generation Toyota Corolla Pakistan -1532365
    Mohtaram @autophile Sahib,
    I think the wheel clamp is a formidable deterrent provided it's a robust one. I've been looking into these devices (wheel clamps) for over 20 years and know them very well. The price of this device runs from $50 to $750. If you get the low quality ones then you could be in for real trouble, for there is a possibility of the car thief prying it open with a crowbar or cutting it with a bolt-cutter. You should keep your guard up, for it can be cracked this way.

    Even this one (by Trimax) can be cracked and according to my standards this is not a robust one. I've not done any stress-tests on these clamps but you can make up your mind after looking at their websites.

    1. Trimax wheel clamp: TWL100 ($249.00) TWL100. You can get it cheaper at amazon for only $114.99 Amazon.com: Trimax TWL100 Ultra-Max Adjustable Wheel Lock: Automotive

    2. If you do want to go for such a deterrent, then go for this hippo: Parking Boot devices and adapted solutions for code compliance and revenue control. This is for $674.60 including shipping and that too in North America only. this is a Canadian company. Here are other wheel clamps by this company: high security boots and parking immobilizers. I'm getting one from this company and will place an order for myself in a day or two. I don't need one because my Mercedes Benz C Klasse (Class) has an immobiliser but I don't want to take chances and want to go for the best stuff even if it costs $674.99.

    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate.

    Thanks and regards.

    Here is the photo of the Ultimate Parking Wheel Boot from universalboot.com. If you want to get one, go for this clamp, for it's very tough and can't be cracked. I think you will be able to gather from the image that this clamp is very tough and is therefore priced at $674.99. This is entirely made in North America and not made in China.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "Science is nothing but trained and organised common sense," Thomas Henry Huxley.

  14. #8353
    PakWheeler Follow
    vik_vik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    908
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Guys an alarming news for January 2015 customer.

    Just got back from the Toyota Islamabad Motors...

    I asked them k bhai kiya scene hay delivery ka, abhi tak invoice hi nahi hoe to deliver to dur ki bat hy... and the sales guy came up with this excuse:
    Sir asal may Indus walon ki transport walon k sath freight charges per masla chal raha tha kyoun k fuel prices are dropped but freight charges are same so indus wanted to give relief to end customer takeh freight charges kaam ho jain. Jis ki waja sy transport waloon ny strike ker di thi or in the end dispatching stop ho gae.
    I replied them K mere pyaray bhai, bohat howa to 5000 ya 8000 ka faraq per jae ga to kyoun tum loog cusotmers ka time waste ker rahy ho. Then he goes sir ap ka faida hay, and I was like what the heck sirf 5000 ka faida....

    Did anyone who is waiting for January delivery came accross with same reason provided by Toyota dealership guys???

  15. #8354
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    luckyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    1,066
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vik_vik View Post
    Guys an alarming news for January 2015 customer.

    Just got back from the Toyota Islamabad Motors...

    I asked them k bhai kiya scene hay delivery ka, abhi tak invoice hi nahi hoe to deliver to dur ki bat hy... and the sales guy came up with this excuse:
    Sir asal may Indus walon ki transport walon k sath freight charges per masla chal raha tha kyoun k fuel prices are dropped but freight charges are same so indus wanted to give relief to end customer takeh freight charges kaam ho jain. Jis ki waja sy transport waloon ny strike ker di thi or in the end dispatching stop ho gae.
    I replied them K mere pyaray bhai, bohat howa to 5000 ya 8000 ka faraq per jae ga to kyoun tum loog cusotmers ka time waste ker rahy ho. Then he goes sir ap ka faida hay, and I was like what the heck sirf 5000 ka faida....

    Did anyone who is waiting for January delivery came accross with same reason provided by Toyota dealership guys???
    same news in Faisalabad.
    If IMC succeed to decrease carriage from transporters will they return it to the customers?

  16. #8355
    PakWheeler Follow
    vik_vik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    908
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    same news in Faisalabad.
    If IMC succeed to decrease carriage from transporters will they return it to the customers?
    The Toyota guy here is Isb said, the reduced freight benefit would go to the end customer, but my point here is that if some one is already paying a hefty amount for something he is waiting anxiously, why would he care for those few bucks when time is money these days !!!!

  17. #8356
    PakWheeler Follow
    khizar.313's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    490
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vik_vik View Post
    The Toyota guy here is Isb said, the reduced freight benefit would go to the end customer, but my point here is that if some one is already paying a hefty amount for something he is waiting anxiously, why would he care for those few bucks when time is money these days !!!!
    Unko khena tha ky car ki prices kam karo jo Indus karti nai ha.. transport ki kar rahy hain jo kisi aur company sy ly rahy hain..
    log 23 lac ki gari ky pechy 5000 ki waja sy wait nai kar sakty.

  18. #8357
    PakWheeler Follow
    vik_vik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    908
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khizar.313 View Post
    Unko khena tha ky car ki prices kam karo jo Indus karti nai ha.. transport ki kar rahy hain jo kisi aur company sy ly rahy hain..
    log 23 lac ki gari ky pechy 5000 ki waja sy wait nai kar sakty.
    Exactly... but the bitter truth is that I have to wait and not sure till how long to get my hands on my GLI.

  19. #8358
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfananwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    797
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e105 View Post
    Did any Grande owner observe reserve camera video quality? Even the worst Chinese one would be better than company supplied.
    That is unfortunately true especially in low or yellow light. The after market camera i had installed in my previous corolla had a much much better result.

  20. #8359
    PakWheeler Follow
    irfananwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    32
    Posts
    797
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nousher101 View Post
    Aoa we all criticized indus for giving that old altis rims so friends Grande is coming up with new set of rims soon.

    Soon means not days may b 2-4 months minimum bcoz they will order the new design rims which will get approved, for this a questionnaire is also floated at dealerships with 8 pics of rims and indus asked the dealers to get feedback on these pics of rims from customers.

    This was obvious because there is no point in giving that old model rims in new car may b due to some problem they were unable to give the new design rims.
    Now an Indus motor company approved rim pic is im attaching but its not confirm that this rim is coming bcoz its under process of finalization but this is approved and rim size is 15".
    All the story is 110% authentic and v reliable source gave this info.
    Members with contact in indus shed some light on this.
    Few more changes were also told but what i know confirm is im telling bcoz the laptop with feedback was infront of me and also i holded these original rims by my own hands indeed a beautiful rim talking about the approved one.
    Few more changes will b also told once 100% confirmed
    Hint: immobilizer


    Name:  ImageUploadedByPW Forums1421851212.435158.jpg
Views: 1361
Size:  790.5 KB



    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Bhai, ya Indus hai aur ap Pakistan main rah rahay ho? Why would they bother to change the rims when their sales are already hitting the sky with those old rims. Aisi koi change nahi aa rahi kam az kam aglay 2 saal tk.

  21. #8360
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    autophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    13,574
    Follows
    20
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    405 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supereagle View Post
    Mohtaram @autophile Sahib,
    I think the wheel clamp is a formidable deterrent provided it's a robust one. I've been looking into these devices (wheel clamps) for over 20 years and know them very well. The price of this device runs from $50 to $750. If you get the low quality ones then you could be in for real trouble, for there is a possibility of the car thief prying it open with a crowbar or cutting it with a bolt-cutter. You should keep your guard up, for it can be cracked this way.

    Thank you so much sir. Very useful info. I am not decided yet. Will try to source it locally as I am not sure after seeing these devices online.

    Even this one (by Trimax) can be cracked and according to my standards this is not a robust one. I've not done any stress-tests on these clamps but you can make up your mind after looking at their websites.

    1. Trimax wheel clamp: TWL100 ($249.00) TWL100. You can get it cheaper at amazon for only $114.99 Amazon.com: Trimax TWL100 Ultra-Max Adjustable Wheel Lock: Automotive

    2. If you do want to go for such a deterrent, then go for this hippo: Parking Boot devices and adapted solutions for code compliance and revenue control. This is for $674.60 including shipping and that too in North America only. this is a Canadian company. Here are other wheel clamps by this company: high security boots and parking immobilizers. I'm getting one from this company and will place an order for myself in a day or two. I don't need one because my Mercedes Benz C Klasse (Class) has an immobiliser but I don't want to take chances and want to go for the best stuff even if it costs $674.99.

    If you have any questions, please don't hesitate.

    Thanks and regards.

    Here is the photo of the Ultimate Parking Wheel Boot from universalboot.com. If you want to get one, go for this clamp, for it's very tough and can't be cracked. I think you will be able to gather from the image that this clamp is very tough and is therefore priced at $674.99. This is entirely made in North America and not made in China.
    Thank you so much sir. Very useful info. I am not decided yet. Will try to source it locally as I am not sure after seeing these devices online.
    Be polite on the road. Always give way to others, particularly ambulances and pedestrians.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •